English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Queens Park Rangers dominated much of the play against Carlisle United but could only manage a 0 - 0 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Another disappointing result for us, considering we dominated the match, with 64% ball possession and some shots more aswell. Carlisle's goalkeeper Cássio was MOTM. I don't think our position in the table (20th, right above relegation zone) really reflects our performances, but it is what it is. We're not being very fortunate... We will keep trying though.

Swindon Town outclassed Walsall and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture

Hope everyone is enjoying the WC so far....

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Swindon Town picked up a useful 3pts away at Walsall last night.

Our dominance in possession was rewarded just before the half-time break with another Igor Smolnikov goal. The Russian defender only became a regular first teamer in the latter part of the last campaign & this season, because of his midfield qualities, we have given him more freedom down the right flank (similar to how Spurs play Kyle Walker) and it seems to be paying off as he has already scored 3 goals this season.

However, as seems to be the trend for us lately, once we had pulled ahead the team lost focus and took it's foot off the pedal allowing Ross McCormack to put the home team level.

But with just 6 minutes left to go MOTM Bibras Natcho does what we pay him for following some fine work from our impressive young midfielder, Ivan Mocinic (only rated 83)..

MOČINIĆ battles for the ball in midfield and plays it to NATCHO.

NATCHO curls in a shot towards goal.

spacer.gif GOAL!! - It drifts past the keeper and in.

Next up is our Shield Cup match away at Peterborough. My players are on a bonus if they can get us through to the 3rd round :D..

Bury beat Aldershot Town 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Diouf had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Pektemek and Robinho were amongst the goalscorers.

Back to dealing Diouf 89 can still leave for cash looking for a nice return on him doe, and now Bolt (86-GK) can leave for 7m if anyone is intrested in him as a signing.

I am also listening to offers on any player as long as it is not a time wasting offer your get a reply quick.

The offer for Mame DIOUF of Bury from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Now the hunt for a replacment starts, he was a key name here but had to sell to free up funds for new signings, my team lacks depth so the 10.5m will go on a few names more news on this soon.

Sorry for the dub post btw.

Now the hunt for a replacment starts' date=' he was a key name here but had to sell to free up funds for new signings, my team lacks depth so the 10.5m will go on a few names more news on this soon.

Sorry for the dub post btw.[/quote']

He went fast and a few million under what you wanted.

He went fast and a few million under what you wanted.

I know the offer came in, happy with the deal as he did not really do that mutch for my squad, and it opens the door for me to make some mutch needed signings, so happy with the deal all the same.

2ez1yrq.png Brentford 0 - 3 Chesterfield 14x15yg.png

s2elo0.png

3-0 win over in form Brentford pushes us back into the play off positions. Jonathan Viera made his debut and capped it off with a goal and the MOTM performance.

I was delighted to sign Viera, i am not fully sure on how he did for Vallecano on loan this season just finished but i remember watching him in pre season for Valencia against Everton and in the first half he looked a class above so i am hoping he continues to live up to his potential.

Now the hunt for a replacment starts' date=' he was a key name here but had to sell to free up funds for new signings, my team lacks depth so the 10.5m will go on a few names more news on this soon.

Sorry for the dub post btw.[/quote']

Pretty happy with this signing, hopefully does well at Stoke next season. Pretty decent price too, would have offered a little more but that was pretty much my chairmans max.

If I can get a good cash offer for David Villa then he will be sold. Im in no rush as hes still my second best striker and can play CM. Even though hes in the MLS his 91 should be safe for a good 4-5 months as hes just dropped.

Reus plays another blinder, setting 2 up and scoring 1, as we rout Hereford 4-1. Superior quality told in the end, but a fighting effort from Smut!

Willian is impressing me of late, very happy with him :)

Reus plays another blinder' date=' setting 2 up and scoring 1, as we rout Hereford 4-1. Superior quality told in the end, but a fighting effort from Smut!

Willian is impressing me of late, very happy with him :)[/quote']

HEREFORD put 12 men behind the ball to keep the score down and considering our opposition and our inability, it worked.

how Chelsea ever got relegated or never since, been promoted is beyond me, I think this is the season they get out of div 2, which will please us.

well done Will.

Pretty happy with this signing' date=' hopefully does well at Stoke next season. Pretty decent price too, would have offered a little more but that was pretty much my chairmans max.

If I can get a good cash offer for David Villa then he will be sold. Im in no rush as hes still my second best striker and can play CM. Even though hes in the MLS his 91 should be safe for a good 4-5 months as hes just dropped.[/quote']

Pretty happy with the deal myself this is how it turned out for me from this deal:

Mame DIOUF has completed his move to Blackpool from Bury for £10,500,000

First part of the hole change around at Bury under way:

Matías CAMPOS has completed his move to Bury from Udinese Calcio for £3,700,000

First signed a backup for my LB role who has a chance of a rise.

Pirmin SCHWEGLER has completed his move to Bury from E. Frankfurt for £2,000,000 plus Marc ALBRIGHTON

Second went out to sign a nice ratted player and Pirmin is a solid DM for my squad Marc departed after 29 games here, just did not make mutch impact this season round like last, and made the right move in my eyes +2 ratting from 86 to 88 for the mid of the park.

The offer for Ruano ALEXIS of Getafe CF from Bury has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Joining in a deal for 3m and Brazil center half Sidnei who has played six times since joining for 3.5m so really only spending 6.5m for a 88 CB so thats a nice turn around for me and again a change of +3 this time for the role at the back line of my squad.

The offer for Tim Matavz of PSV from Bury has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

And the man to replace Diouf is found, yes he was my main man in terms of ratting but Tim is a year younger has 48 goals in the same amout as games in this setup as Diouf (who only has 27) played 20 games for PSV last season, so no chance of a drop will be a holding 88 and see him in the next few seasons maybe rising so happy days.

more news from my squad soon.

Blackpool 2-2 Man United Blackpool win 5-3 on penalties)

Blackpool may be off the pace in defending there league title, but are going well in all three cup competitions. Having reaching the last 16 of Champions League and the third round of the cup, they also progressed to the third round of the shield with a huge win over rivals Manchester United.

Having won only one of the previous seven meetings, Blackpool still went in as underdogs despite Manchester United poor league form. Adriano scored his third goal of the season with a perfect chip over Lloris. United quickly equalised through former Blackpool captain Luis Fernandinho (Skipper of Blackpool for the first three seasons). In the 74th minute Blackpool retook the lead through Theo Walcott, The England International using his pace to break into the box and slotting under the keeper.

Blackpool manager Spicer then went defensive, taking off Iniesta, Deulofeu and Pepe, to bring on Danilo, Van Dijk and Rondon. That back fired as Fernandinho scored his second with 10 minutes remaining.

Onto the dreaded shoot-out, Blackpool with a perfect set on penalties from David Villa, Danny, Danilo, Walcott and Tevez. Wayne Rooney with the important miss for United

Home tie to Hull in Round 3. :)

Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Peterborough United in their English Championship Shield Round 2 fixture

The cup curse continues....

Almost a sell-out crowd at London Road last night but the travelling faithful were left to rue yet another 2nd round disappointment.

Peterborough took the lead after 2 minutes and we never really recovered from that. Posh eventually ran out 3-0 winners and yet again their GK prevented us from scoring against him !!

Well done to Peterborough,, :)

More news from Bury -

Matavz 88 has joined!

Alexis 88 has joined!

Kurtic (25-87) is joining in a deal that will see 1.5m and Belozoglu (33-88) head the over way, as I look to make my team stronger, the younger star is only one ratting lower and had the spending power the now get deals done, Belozoglu has been playing for my team since swapping 85 Upson and 500k for him so again the deal is really only seing 2m head out my doors again some good buying for my squad long term as well.

Patrick Funk (24-84) is joining to be yet another key sub for my team as I get my depth up for my backups, the German RB will be used as well, 1.6m and Brugman (21-79) as well as Power (20-75) are heading the over way in terms of spending he is costing less then 2m all together so again a nice solid deal for my team.

Julian Speroni (35-86) has just spent the last season in the EPL was impressed with how well he done with Palace shocked he is a free agent paying 3.1m and he will become my new number one, see a chance of a rise to 87 as well so a nice solid deal for my squad.

Robiniho 89 can leave for cash people the Brazil AM/ST is not needed and is taking up funds so offer away if intrested.

Blackpool 2-0 Fiorentina

Blackpool make it 6 wins out of 6 in the Champions League group stages. A young side was fielded as Mame Diouf made his debut after his £10.5 million move from Bury. Another recent arrival opened the scoring, 21 year old Alex Telles with his first ever Blackpool goal. 19 year old Bruma scored late on to seal a comfortable win.

In the last 16 we face Fenerbache, a team we knocked out at the same stage two seasons ago 4-3 on aggregate.

Another loss for QPR yesterday... Still out of relegation zone though.

Rergarding transfer news, we managed to sign some interesting players from external teams in the last few weeks:

Aderlan Santos

Luis Farina

Luis Pité

Loris Benito

SWINDON TOWN F.C. TRANSFER NEWS

A recent flurry of internal transfer activity for my club brings a couple of quality players to Swindon.....

36176.jpg

Georgi Schennikov joins us after requesting a transfer from Crystal Palace. We knew that he was unhappy with his lack of first team football and registered our interest as soon as he became available.

Schennikov joins his Russian Defensive partner Sergey Ignashevich and so should settle down fairly quickly. At £12.2m his signature almost broke our previous transfer record :eek:

After my Chairman was released from hospital he was much happier when I informed him that the deal had been mostly financed by the sale of Kyle Naughton to Chelsea.

41203.jpg

We are also pleased to welcome this guy too. 88 rated Brazilian Right Back Mario Fernandes, whom we signed from Bury. Mario is another defensive addition that will help to strengthen our back line and provide some cover for Igor Smolnikov, who has been running his legs off so far this season.

The deal for Mario also means the departure of Jake Livermore to Hammer's Bury along with some cash.

Livermore was one of my first signings when I took over the reins of this club and I was, at first, a little reluctant to see him go. However, I remember someone saying on here a long while back about the importance of not becoming too attached to certain players.

Thanks to Hammer and the Palace Boss for their part in these deals.

De rossi got sent off, nigtmare. First half aswell, not impressed. We were 2-0 up at that time but it became very hard for us afterwards and that was compounded when we gave away a cheap penalty. Lucky to get the draw, defence not doing it and changes will be made.

Queens Park Rangers have lost to Morecambe 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Pereyra was on the scoresheet for his side.

Heavy loss tonight vs Morecambe, gratz to them, it was a deserved win. They dominated possession and were efficient in attack.

Poor season for us, very disappointing.

BadgeSwansea_City.png

Swansea City outclassed Hartlepool United and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Taarabt scored the winner for Swansea City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Happy with the win but think we should of scored more,we sit 6th on table from this result.