English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Swindon Town beat Fleetwood Town 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture

Dieumerci Mbokani & Jano Ananidze created most of our work with Mbokani scoring both goals & taking MOTM & the latter assisting.

With Artem Dzyuba under a 3 match suspension we pushed Ivan Mocinic into a more attacking role for this game but he seemed to struggle a bit there so will have to have a re-think for our next match against QPR.

Marques Maicon is looking forward to playing against his old club and should hopefully be joined by our new signing and fellow Brazilian Mario Fernandes, who should be 100% fit by then.

Charlton 3-0 Crystal Palace

Pocognoli crossed the ball to Arevalo Rios for the first goal after just 2 mins. After 37 mins he gave the ball to Wilson to go forward and score his goal. Pocognoli got a goal for himself 5 mins from the end of the first half with a pass from Giaccherini and should maybe have got Man Of The Match of which the honour went to Arevalo Rios.

Blackpool 1-0 Shorpe

After one point from the last three games, the mini break has done us well. A training holiday in Spain seems to have lifted the spirit of the players. A slightly weaker team fielded than usually with Mondays cup game in mind, with Alex Telles earning his second league start and Mame Diouf making an impressive league debut.

It took until the 76th minute for the only goal to be scored, David villas cross headed in by Theo Walcott.

Didnt really deserve a win based on stats, been on the wrong end of that a few times this season so nice one finally went our way :) Up to 10th and just three points of Champions League places

Would people be up for another EC 7777 Youth Cup like last season?

I felt the one last season went pretty well and a good 10 of us managed to set our teams each game, and it adds something a bit different to the other forum setups.

If people are interested please reply or drop me a PM. Won't be any prizes or anything (Apart from knowing you have the best youth in the setup!) and provides a bit of fun and banter.

Let me know, Cheers. Marc :)

I felt the one last season went pretty well and a good 10 of us managed to set our teams each game' date=' and it adds something a bit different to the other forum setups.

If people are interested please reply or drop me a PM. Won't be any prizes or anything (Apart from knowing you have the best youth in the setup!) and provides a bit of fun and banter.

Let me know, Cheers. Marc :)[/quote']

Of course.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 11

Hey guys (Apologies for the third post out of four!). Due to the premier league having a week off I didnt do the two league games for the lower divisions (Was also pretty busy watching the world cup haha) but have some time off work so should be able to get these done for a few weeks now :D Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 21st June 2014, in a 4-4-2 formation

Goalkeeper: Ujkani (Burton)

Right Back: Cicinho (Morecambe)

Center Back: Evans (Middlesbrough)

Center Back: Isimat-Mirin (Barnsley)

Left Back: Wilson (Charlton)

Right Midfield: Hedenstad (Cambridge)

Center Midfield: Clement (Altincham)

Center Midfield: Nedelev (Lincoln)

Left Midfield: Kalou (Bournemouth)

Striker: Van Persie (Man City)

Striker: Teodorczyk (Stevenage)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Bournemouth winger Salomon Kalou!!!

kalou.jpg

Its been a bit of a downward Spiral for the Ivory Coast international, winning the Champions League in Season 2 (Legend ;)) to playing in Division three. But the Ivorian seems to be settling well with his new club and at the weekend scored a hat-trick against Rochdale. Not renowed for his goal scoring, only two seasons has he managed more than five goals, but those three make it four for this season and could well be on the way for one of his best seasons in English football!

The 7777 Youth Cup

Season 2

Been a good responce for a second youth cup after last seasons went pretty well. So far we have 15 teams who have confirmed that they will participate, which in the space of 24 hours is a great return. Still time for anyone else to enter, over 16 teams is what I need!

Here are the current teams who will be taking part.

Div 1

Arsenal (Kevin Junior) - Pip

Blackpool (Marc Spicer) - MaoaM

Charlton (Steve Alban) - Dracolis

Manchester United (Rick James) - RickJames

Shorpe (Reice Monro) RieceM96

Sheffield United (Gonzodan) - Gonzodan

Div 2

Crewe (Noisy (Forum) - Noisy

Div 3

AFC Bournemouth (Michael o'sullivan)

Carlisle (Agriano Borges) - Adriano B.

Coventry (Joshua Matthews) - Joshua Matt

Stoke (Treble 1999) - the treble 1999

Swansea (Tony) - SM Mod (Tony)

QPR (Andre Guerra) - Machines

Div 4

Aldershot (Afonso Matias) - brunopinto90

Div 5

Barrow AFC (Jorge Villareal) - Guardado18

Would be really good if we can get a few div 2,4 and 5 sides in to mix it up.

The Rules

Each team is allowed to field three senior players (Over 21) of any rating, you can not field three and sub one off for another senior. For example, Blackpool would use Iniesta, Tevez and Pepe. The rest of your team must be made up of players aged 21 or below (Can be any rating). You subs bench doesnt have to be filled with u-21s as most clubs won't have enough, but any subsitutes coming on need to be aged 21 or under.

If a player is 21 before the tournament begins (03/07/14) he will be still be considered a youth player when turning 22.

If a team fields more than three senior players, they will automatically lose 3-0. Should both teams field more than three then again both teams will get a 3-0 loss.

Fixtures

I will do a draw on Sunday (Probably not live like last season, ill get my brother to help draw names from hats :D) We will most likely have four groups and the top two teams will advance to the quarter finals. Games will be played through friendlies on Thursdays and Sundays.

I felt the one last season went pretty well and a good 10 of us managed to set our teams each game' date=' and it adds something a bit different to the other forum setups.

Let me know, Cheers. Marc :)[/quote']

Unfortunately the team i took over near the end of last seasons tournaments dont have enough under 21's but if i get enough in on time i will enter....

Cheers

Chris B)

and sorry.... :(

Unfortunately the team i took over near the end of last seasons tournaments dont have enough under 21's but if i get enough in on time i will enter....

Cheers

Chris B)

and sorry.... :(

Let him join in Marc, his team has been playing as if they are rated under 21;)

Brahimi joins QPR!

brahimi_granada_cf.jpg

Yacine BRAHIMI has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from Lokomotiv Moskva for 1,123,000 plus Roberto ROSALES and Fernando GORRIARÁN . All other offers were turned down.

I'm delighted to welcome this talented player to our team! His dribbling skills are just awesome! He had a great season for Granada and he may get a move to a bigger team this summer. He already showed his quality in WC, scoring a goal in Algeria's last macth, and i expect him to play an important role in Algeria's last match in group phase and help them to go through. This is even great because we got him on the cheap, his price was a bargain really, considering his quality. He's my best signing for QPR so far.

Says the Man that is below me in the league!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

and i let you win in the league!!! :D:D:D

one place below you in the league, welcome to the mediocracy of mid table obscurity, I never thought you would improve so quickly in this division.

we have a perfect record at the moment

P15 W5 D5 L5 F29 A29

just how we like it.

you seem to let a lot of people win , judging by your lack of trophies:)

Queens Park Rangers beat Swindon Town 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Siqueira scored the winner for Queens Park Rangers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Finally a great day for my QPR. After bringing in a great player like Brahimi, we also got a good win over an inform Swindon! Guilherme Siqueira was the man tonight, a goal and a great performance. Hopefully we can build on this win. We definitely need to improve our position in the league.

Round 12

Hey guys. Heres my team of the rounds for tonights fixtures, Wednesday 25th June 2014. Decdided to use a 4-2-3-1 formation as there was alot of good individual performances from midfielders.

Goalkeeper: Cavalieri (Leyton Orient)

Right Back: Geis (Notts County)

Center Back: Sagna (Huddersfield)

Center Back: Ferdinand (Fulham)

Left Back: Baines (West Brom)

Center Midfield: Shaqiri (Bristol Rovers)

Center Midfield: Sanson (Brentford)

Right Midfield: Juanfran (Plymouth)

Attacking Midfield: Torje (Lincoln)

Left Midfield: Griezmann (Tottenham)

Striker: Cornelius (Histon)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Tottenham winger

Antoine Greizmann!!!!

greizmann.jpg

It has been an amazing start to the season for the young Frenchman. After just 10 starts it is already his best record for goals, and the second top goal scorer in the premier league with 8 goals from left midfield! Add five assists to that and he has been one of the most exciting players in the country this season. Tonight he scored two powerfull free-kicks, and created the winner from another free-kick late in the game as Spurs beat Preston 3-2.

It feels great to get a won o here, trust me I am pouring my heart and soul into this County side and not getting much reward, the last time I was relegated on SM was about two or three tears ago but this County side in their transformation look like they could be the one that drags me down.

A 2-0 win over Mr Lauders Forest is just what the doctor ordered as we are now up to 20th and 1 spot(3 points) behind said Forest.

Good game Stuart thanks for the 3 points :)

Mulgrew and Moloney the 2 Scotsman got our goals, alba gu brath!!!!!!

Finally a great day for my QPR. After bringing in a great player like Brahimi' date=' we also got a good [b']win over an inform Swindon![/b] Guilherme Siqueira was the man tonight, a goal and a great performance. Hopefully we can build on this win. We definitely need to improve our position in the league.

Congrats Andre, it looked a close game on the score centre but the stats show that you deserved all 3 pts. Well done and hopefully this will mark the change of fortunes for your club.

Igor Smolnikov picked up a minor injury and joins our growing list of sick, lame & lazy.

On a bright side at least my strikers kept another clean sheet :D:D:D

Round 12

Hey guys. Heres my team of the rounds for tonights fixtures' date=' Wednesday 25th June 2014. Decdided to use a 4-2-3-1 formation as there was alot of good individual performances from midfielders.

Goalkeeper: Cavalieri (Leyton Orient)

Right Back: Geis (Notts County)

Center Back: Sagna (Huddersfield)

Center Back: Ferdinand (Fulham)

Left Back: Baines (West Brom)

Center Midfield: Shaqiri (Bristol Rovers)

Center Midfield: Sanson (Brentford)

Right Midfield: Juanfran (Plymouth)

Attacking Midfield: Torje (Lincoln)

Left Midfield: Griezmann (Tottenham)

Striker: Cornelius (Histon)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Tottenham winger

Antoine Greizmann!!!!

greizmann.jpg

It has been an amazing start to the season for the young Frenchman. After just 10 starts it is already his best record for goals, and the second top goal scorer in the premier league with 8 goals from left midfield! Add five assists to that and he has been one of the most exciting players in the country this season. Tonight he scored two powerfull free-kicks, and created the winner from another free-kick late in the game as Spurs beat Preston 3-2.

Finally got a player in team of the round :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Get in!!

one place below you in the league' date=' welcome to the mediocracy of mid table obscurity, I never thought you would improve so quickly in this division.

we have a perfect record at the moment

P15 W5 D5 L5 F29 A29

just how we like it.

you seem to let a lot of people win , judging by your lack of trophies:)[/quote']

Call me the Wenger of the sm world!!! :D

Your pretty good at home a shame Bertie can't book you a decent hotel for the away games!!! :P:p:p

Oh and i won 3-1 against Ipswich :B)

The 7777 Youth Cup

Season 2

Been a good responce for a second youth cup after last seasons went pretty well. So far we have 15 teams who have confirmed that they will participate' date=' which in the space of 24 hours is a great return. Still time for anyone else to enter, over 16 teams is what I need!

Here are the current teams who will be taking part.

[b']Div 1 [/b]

Arsenal (Kevin Junior) - Pip

Blackpool (Marc Spicer) - MaoaM

Charlton (Steve Alban) - Dracolis

Manchester United (Rick James) - RickJames

Shorpe (Reice Monro) RieceM96

Sheffield United (Gonzodan) - Gonzodan

Div 2

Crewe (Noisy (Forum) - Noisy

Div 3

AFC Bournemouth (Michael o'sullivan)

Carlisle (Agriano Borges) - Adriano B.

Coventry (Joshua Matthews) - Joshua Matt

Stoke (Treble 1999) - the treble 1999

Swansea (Tony) - SM Mod (Tony)

QPR (Andre Guerra) - Machines

Div 4

Aldershot (Afonso Matias) - brunopinto90

Div 5

Barrow AFC (Jorge Villareal) - Guardado18

Would be really good if we can get a few div 2,4 and 5 sides in to mix it up.

The Rules

Each team is allowed to field three senior players (Over 21) of any rating, you can not field three and sub one off for another senior. For example, Blackpool would use Iniesta, Tevez and Pepe. The rest of your team must be made up of players aged 21 or below (Can be any rating). You subs bench doesnt have to be filled with u-21s as most clubs won't have enough, but any subsitutes coming on need to be aged 21 or under.

If a player is 21 before the tournament begins (03/07/14) he will be still be considered a youth player when turning 22.

If a team fields more than three senior players, they will automatically lose 3-0. Should both teams field more than three then again both teams will get a 3-0 loss.

Fixtures

I will do a draw on Sunday (Probably not live like last season, ill get my brother to help draw names from hats :D) We will most likely have four groups and the top two teams will advance to the quarter finals. Games will be played through friendlies on Thursdays and Sundays.

Need one more team please :)