EC 7777 FA Youth cup

Round 2

Sunday 6th July 2014

QPR 1-5 Charlton

Stoke 5-3 Barrow AFC

Carlisle 0-1 Sheffield United

Manchester United 2-3 Blackpool

AFC Bournemouth 1-2 Shorpe

Aldershot 2-1 Crewe (Aldershot win 3-0 due to Crewe using 6 senior players)

Cruel result for my QPR kids :( We were not that bad, it all went wrong for us tonight, Darder sent-off in 1st half did not help and Charlton's players were pretty efficient too. Nice win to them!

Hope my senior squad can do better wednesday in order to continue our recent great form in Division 3!

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 1-1 Millwall (Blackpool win 5-3 on aggregate)

Blackpools first team advance into the quarter final of the English cup with a win against Division 2 leaders Millwall in a penalty shootout.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (92) Pepe (92) Van Dijk (87) Adriano (91)

Silva (86) Iniesta (97) Perez (90) Asamoah (91)

Tevez (93)

Rondon (89)

Salomon Rondon opened the scoring in the second minute, his seventh goal of the competition making him the tournaments top scorer. Millwall scored late on through Quagliarella after Blackpool subsitute off key players Pepe, Iniesta and Tevez.

Rondon, Silva, Perez and Bruma (Even though he was injured) scored Blackpools first four penalties. 19 year old subsitute (Making his Blackpool debut) Joris Kayembe had the confidence to step up and score the winning penalty.

A home tie against Carlisle for our quarter final :) Great to see only two other Premiership teams left.

Swindon Town bounced back from our mid-week 2-1 defeat away at League leaders, Tranmere Rovers, with a convincing 2-0 win over struggling Leicester.

Recent signing, Charles Kabore, scored the opener with Denisov adding the second. Unfortunately Kabore picked up a minor injury that will rule him out of our next match.

Bibras Natcho has injured his groin again meaning he will be unavailable for 4 weeks. He seems to pick up a long term injury every season, which is a little frustrating. If he wants a break he should just ask me. Anyway, at least we can get this seasons injury out of the way before the 3-matches-a-week schedule restarts.

We have agreed a provisional deal to bring in a replacement & will make a further announcement to fans if/when it gets finalised.

Since our return to the 3rd Division I am happy that our average gate attendance has increased but I still think something needs to be done to address the fact that lower division clubs have to pay more wages for players than Div 1 clubs do.

I would also like to see the Chairman get off his behind and do something to increase the clubs finances,, such as agree a new more lucrative sponsorship deal or make a one-off cash injection when you have managed the club for say 100 games. Would be great for SM to recognise and reward managers for long term commitment and it might even encourage a bit of club loyalty.

A home tie against Carlisle for our quarter final :) Great to see only two other Premiership teams left.

Really happy to still be involved in the Cup at this late stage. This should be a great Quarter Final tie, I look forward to facing off against one of the best.

Mohamed EL NENNY has completed his move to Swindon Town from Stevenage for 6,000,000

Another good internal deal sees Mohamed El Nenny join us from Stevenage. Many thanks to Daz for a nice easy transaction.

We have been looking for a midfielder since the departure of Jake Livermore to Bury & El Nenny fits the bill perfectly.

With Bibras Natcho sidelined for at least a month, El Nenny will go straight into the starting line-up. Debut will be tonight against Bournemouth.

Swindon Town slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to AFC Bournemouth in their Division 3 fixture.

A shocking result against Bournemouth. Christian Noboa managed a late consolation goal for us but even that was marred by Artem Dzyuba getting his second red card of the season.

Probably doesn't help that we have 85 rated players either end of our formation. Nick Marsman in goal and Duje Cop as our striker.

Well they had better get used to it as Dynamo Kiev made an offer for Dieumerci Mbokani and this morning I pushed the button.

Was hoping he might have got to 89 last review but he got overlooked and with Dynamo Kiev having a poor season and the situation with the Ukraine league uncertain I decided now was a good time as any to let him go.

Queens Park Rangers beat Doncaster Rovers 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Suso and Pereyra were amongst the goalscorers.

Wow, what an exciting match and what a tasty victory! It was a balanced match, it looked destined to a draw until 82', when Doncaster managed to score via Frank Lampard. That was an hard blow for us, it looked like Doncaster had stolen the win, but just 2 minutes later, at 84', Suso, who came from the bench, made the equalizer and brought justice to the game! However, it was not over yet! In the very last minute of the game,

89' WICKHAM plays a cross to the penalty spot.

PEREYRA tries to direct the header over the keeper.

Goal GOAL!! - The ball is just out of reach for DEMİREL and it hits the back of the net.

90' Full time Full time

Thrilling! 2-1 for QPR! Unlucky Niall, great game!

Our great run continues, 5 wins in a row!

Blackpool 4-1 Newcastle

Great result against one of the strongest squads in the setup, after a cup game which the first team played two games in three days. Mame Diouf scored his first goal for the club on his seventh appearnace. Theo Walcott scored his second brace in two league games, with Asamoah with the fourth.

Up to 4th and amazingly just a point off the top now, four games ago we were 11 points off :eek: The in-form team in Division one, with 16 points from the last six games :)

A visit from the my main rival Rick and his Manchester United on Saturday, always look forward to these matches (Even though I tend to get smashed lol)

Notts County win 2-1 over high flying Wrexham~Kallstrom & Grafite get our goals in a 2-1 win.

Very much needed three points as we try to climb away from the trap-door, we have picked up eight points over teh last five games which has moved us up to 19th place a full six points clear of relegation.

Over the next few weeks when transfer bans come off we can hopefully bring in that one or two players that are missing from the puzzle.

This team is testing me like no other team I have managed for a few years, I still stand by the fact that I will never again take over a side that has just been promoted, definitely giving me headaches. :)

We are looking to sell Kallstrom & Alessandrini if there is any interest.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 16

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for yesterdays fixtures (Wednesday 9th July). Gone for a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Fahrmann (Brentford)

Center Back: Jardel (Tranmere)

Center Back: Shawcross (Cheltenham)

Center Back: Jardel (Tranmere)

Right Midfield: Mirallas (Arsenal)

Center Midfield: Giaccherini (Charlton)

Center Midfield: Tettey (Tranmere)

Left Midfield: Kacaniklic (Aldershot)

Striker: Gignac (Swansea)

Striker: Van Wolfswinkel (Derby)

Striker: Pulido (Bristol Rovers)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

No players from Division 2 or 5, no one really stood out this round.

The player of the round goes to Swansea striker Andre-Pierre Gignac!!!!

gignac.jpg

A very good days work last night for the big French International. Gignac opened the scoring against Rochdale with a fine strike. He created the second with a through ball to Jelavic, and in the 70th minute scored his second with a delicate flick past the keeper. Gignac created the fourth goal late on with perfect pass to Joe Bennett as Swansea ran out 4-1 winners. With just 14 games gone he has equaled last seasons tally of seven goals and six assists. Hes well one the way to having his best season in front of goal, which currently stands at 13 in Season six.

EC 7777 FA Youth cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Tonight saw the third set of games in the FA Youth cup. Unfortunately two sides broke the rules which is a bit annoying but nvm, thank you to everyone else for setting your teams :) Here are the results and updated tables.

Round 3

Thursday 10th July 2014

Blackpool 3-1 QPR

Arsenal 4-2 Carlisle

Barrow AFC 0-3 Aldershot

Sheffield United 0-1 AFC Bournemouth

Shorpe 1-2 Stoke (Shorpe win 3-0 due to Stoke fielding eight senior players)

Crewe 1-1 Manchester United (Man United win 3-0 due to stoke fielding eight senior players)

No fixture for Charlton

Table

Shorpe - GP - 3 - 9 Points - GF 8 - GA 2 - GD +6

Aldershot - GP - 3 - 7 Points - GF 7 - GA 1 - GD +6

Blackpool - GP - 3 - 7 Points - GF 7 - GA 4 - GD +3

AFC Bournemouth - GP - 3 - 6 Points - GF 7 - GA 2 - GD +5

Man United - GP - 3 - 6 Points - GF 7 - GA 3 - GD +4

Arsenal - GP - 2 - 3 Points - GF 6 - GA 5 - GD +1

Shefield Utd - GP - 3 - 6 Points - GF 4 - GA 3 - GD +1

Crewe - GP - 3 - 3 Points - GF 3 - GA 3 - GD 0

Charlton - GP - 3 - 3 Points - GF 5 - GA 6 - GD -1

Stoke - GP - 3 - 3 Points - GF 5 - GA 9 - GD -4

Carlisle - GP - 3 - 0 Points - GF 3 - GA 8 - GD -5

QPR - GP - 2 - 0 Points - GF 2 - GA 8 - GD -6

Barrow AFC - GP - 2 - 0 Points - GF 3 - GA 10 - GD -7

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Hakim Ziyech (AFC Bournemouth) - 3

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 3

Diego Milito (Shorpe) - 3

Filip Kostic (Stoke) - 3

Divock Origi (AFC Bournemouth) - 2

Neymar (Arsenal) - 2

Julien De Sart (Arsenal) - 2

Luis Fernandez (Aldershot) - 2

Theo Walcott (Blackpool) - 2

Jon Williams (Charlton) - 2

Dejan Janjatovic (Charlton) - 2

Alonso Escoboza (Crewe) - 2

Lucas Joao (Manchester United) - 2

Vinicius Araujo (Sheffield United) - 2

Salomon Kalou (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Michael Babatunde (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Andre Hahn (Aldershot) - 1

Ibrahim Amadou (Aldershot) - 1

Esiti Anderson (Aldershot) - 1

Laszlo Kleinheisler (Aldershot) - 1

Traore Adama (Arsenal) - 1

James Rodriguez (Arsenal) - 1

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 1

Luiz Danilo (Blackpool) - 1

Nahuel Zarate (Carlisle) - 1

Stijn Schaars (Carlisle) - 1

Szabolcs Huszti (Carlisle) - 1

Ashley Harris (Charlton) - 1

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 1

Gerard Pique (Manchester Unitetd) - 1

Mats Hummels (Manchester United) - 1

Danny De Silva (Manchester United) - 1

Carlos Bacca (QPR) - 1

Guilherme Siqueira (QPR) - 1

Lucas Piazon (Shorpe) - 1

Matheus Doria (Shorpe) - 1

Claudio Marchisio (Sthorpe) - 1

Thomas Muller (Sheffield United) - 1

Adnan Januzaj (Stoke) - 1

Josef Martinez (Stoke) - 1

Next games to be played on Sunday 13th July (All fixtures have been organised)

Swansea City outclassed Rochdale and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Gignac scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bennett and Jelavić were also amongst the goalscorers.

A much need win as we string two wins in a row now for the first time in a few weeks.

We face mid table C.United on Saturday at home.

Preston 2-2 Charlton

Giaccherini put in a great performance putting us 2-0 up but we gave the game away letting 2 goals in before and after the break.

Maksim KANUNNIKOV has completed his move to Swindon Town from Charlton Athletic for £1,000,000 plus Jean KOUASSI

Niall Taylor steered Doncaster Rovers to victory against Swindon Town.

Doncaster Rovers beat Swindon Town 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Barry scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bruma was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Moving closer to the playoff places!

Once again Manchester United get the better of my Backpool side. Such a bad record against them.

Sucks as we took the lead through Iniesta and created more chances, but United bossed possesion. Even worse is Iniesta injured for 2 weeks :(

Top 6 all dropped points so not that bad and we remain in 4th. Very tight at the top!

Once again Manchester United get the better of my Backpool side. Such a bad record against them.

Sucks as we took the lead through Iniesta and created more chances' date=' but United bossed possesion. Even worse is Iniesta injured for 2 weeks :(

Top 6 all dropped points so not that bad and we remain in 4th. Very tight at the top![/quote']

My Shorpe rarely beat you but i manage to beat Manchester United most of the time :P

Charlton 5-4 Newcastle

Wow what a game! Kroos scored first for the visitors but Vasquez got on the scoresheet twice with two headers from crosses.

In the 2nd half Petersen gets on the end of another cross taking a 3-1 lead but the Toon score back a minute later after Hulk sets up Alexis Sanchez who struck with power. Abate fouls our player, Bruno, and is sent off for his second yellow of the game. 14 mins later we take a 4-2 lead through Giaccherini. We should have protected our lead but in the 72nd minute Hulk headed home and then 7 mins later equalised after getting on the end of a cross from Ayew. Fortunately a minute later Charlton are awarded a freekick which El Arabi takes and flies into the top corner of the net. 5-4 Charlton.