English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

One of the top moments for me here in EC7777 (second only to last season's play-off final); beating the current Division 1 Champions to seal a semi-final place. Much respect for Maoam as ever' date=' going out to a single penalty is rough but over the 90 minutes I think we earned it.

The draw has once more been tough on us as we play the last remaining Division 1 team in the semi-final; Aston Villa. The positive of this is that I get to face off against Frozy (another manager I have much respect for) - not to mention that the two clubs have had a mutual connection over the past two seasons in aiding Villa's youth and bettering Carlisle's squad through loan deals.

A great game in prospect and another great occasion for Carlisle United.[/quote']

No Division 1 teams remaining mate :P I'm somewhat underachieving in the division below but had a nice couple of results recently. Beating Man City 3-0 tonight is a really great result for us. One of the best teams in here, but the whole cup we mostly had tough games anyway. Delighted to be in the semis. Good luck to both of us and feel free to use my loanees if you like :)

No Division 1 teams remaining mate :P I'm somewhat underachieving in the division below but had a nice couple of results recently. Beating Man City 3-0 tonight is a really great result for us. One of the best teams in here' date=' but the whole cup we mostly had tough games anyway. Delighted to be in the semis. Good luck to both of us and feel free to use my loanees if you like :)[/quote']

I realised my error and corrected it just as you posted this actually.

Thanks for that but I'll try to manage the team as best as I can so as not to play your own players against you. It just seems somewhat unsporting, however with another three game week ahead of me next, I may be forced to.

Good luck for the game, I look forward to it.

One of the top moments for me here in EC7777 (second only to last season's play-off final); beating the current Division 1 Champions to seal a semi-final place. Much respect for Maoam as ever' date=' going out to a single penalty is rough but over the 90 minutes I think we earned it.[/quote']

Congratulations mate, hope you go on all the way and win it. Your team played much better than mine tonight, bar my MOM goalkeeper :P

Got my tactics wrong tonight. Decided to go defensive and play on the counter but it back fired. Should have stuck to the trusty 3-5-2 :)

Really wanted to win one of the cups, my league form suffered as I rested my big players for this competition. Hopefully now we only have the league to focus on I can try to regain my title!

Oliveira (85) joins York on loan. Bruma (85) is also available for loan. Liam Moore (83) is moving to Bournemouth for £4million.

Pleased to do a loan deal which sees Oliveira (85) join us for the rest of the season. No doubt he will be a strong addition to the squad.

I've put a few of my guys up for sale, as I am working on getting out of the debt I have been handed, at -4.2m and going into it by 500k a week! So feel free to see who I have on the transfer market of my youngsters :)

Hoping to bring my usual playing style to the team. Never tried on a lower league team, so I'm interested to see how it works with a lower team!

Due to debt issues, so players have been placed on the transfer list.

The following players are available, as I've identified these as ones that I can see without losing backup to those positions that they play:

Rai - 20 year old Spanish midfielder

Sulejmani - 18 year old German midfielder

Tankovic - 19 year old Swedish midfielder

Darikwa - 22 year old English midfielder

Christensen - 18 year old Danish defender

Ibe - 18 year old English midfielder

Akpoguma - 19 year old German defender

Make me sensible offers. There are some real promising players up for sale here so I will only accept good offers for them.

Thanks

Due to debt issues' date=' so players have been placed on the transfer list.

The following players are available, as I've identified these as ones that I can see without losing backup to those positions that they play:

Rai - 20 year old Spanish midfielder

Sulejmani - 18 year old German midfielder

Tankovic - 19 year old Swedish midfielder

Darikwa - 22 year old English midfielder

Christensen - 18 year old Danish defender

Ibe - 18 year old English midfielder

Akpoguma - 19 year old German defender

Make me sensible offers. There are some real promising players up for sale here so I will only accept good offers for them.

Thanks[/quote']

Peice of advice. Dont agree a deal then cancel it. I met your asking price too. Recalled oliveira and wont be dealing with you from now. Good luck :)

Dissapointed to see the game has dropped Huszti's rating already, before he's even played a single match for Changchun Yatai. It's simply been done because he moved to China and that seems a little wrong.

Anyway, there's no point dwelling on it, I had an offer still on the table based on his 89 rated value so I've decided to snap it up. He's been a great talisman for the club but as I'm sure all other lower division managers can understand - you've got to do what you've got to do in order to stay financially healthy.

The three candidates to fill those big boots and take the captaincy are: Pablo Barrientos (who's done a great job as vice-captain when called upon and plays a similar role as Huszti did), Stijn Schaars (perhaps the obvious choice as he is our highest rated player, however he has not been at the club as long), and Ramos Cassio (due to the fact that he plays almost every match).

It's going to be interesting to see how we play now, I'll be scanning the transfer market for a suitable replacement/replacements.

me and MaoaM have both quickly resolved our issue, in what was looking likely to be a breakdown of a relationship in the game world.

I offered the player back to him at the original agreed deal and stated that I wouldn't want Oliviera back on loan, due to having gone back on the original deal. This was done as a gesture of goodwill, as I don't want there to be any issues with any managers within the gameworld.

Upon me making this offer, MaoaM stated he understood that the player I am offloading is a good player, and that he could go for more than the asking price I set originally, and that he would offer more than the original agreed price, and also allow me to loan Oliviera back for the season.

The issue between us has been resolved, and I look forward to one day playing him and even doing further deals down the line :)

Peice of advice. Dont agree a deal then cancel it. I met your asking price too.

Done the same with me' date=' expected to wake up this morning with a new recruit.

Had to wait until the afternoon unfortunately but this arrival softened the blow;

[center']f41dff40-a546-4a2e-a518-de6b1b51284c.jpg?t=1406059821 [/center]

last seasons title contenders Blackpool and Sheffield United face off tonight at Bloomfield Road. Both realistically need to win to continue the fight for this seasons trophy.

Blackpool will be without skipper Carlos Tevez. Questions are starting to rise of the future of the Argentine after scoring just one premier league goal.

"Its been a difficult season for Carlos, in the previous five seasons he carried us to great success, winning Blackpools player of the season five times in a row. Hes a great leader and a rest will do him good. The injuries have not helped him, aswell as losing David VIlla and Samuel Eto'o who he linked up brilliantly with.I have decided to give Rafa Silva a shot as our play tonight after impressing in the FA Youth Cup".

-Marc Spicer

Blackpool 1-0 Sheffield United

Blackpool edge out winners as last seasons top 2 clashed. Identical stats bar 2% of possesion. It took a late striker from Asamoah to secure three points.

Pleased to have the joint best defence with 23 conceded, however goals for is a major concern with only 26 (Only two teams have scored less than us!) Despite the poor goal total we move up to 5th, three points off new leaders Tottenham.

Reminder to those in the FA Youth cup to set your teams please!!!

Blackpool 1-0 Sheffield United

Blackpool edge out winners as last seasons top 2 clashed. Identical stats bar 2% of possesion. It took a late striker from Asamoah to secure three points.

Pleased to have the joint best defence with 23 conceded' date=' however goals for is a major concern with only 26 (Only two teams have scored less than us!) Despite the poor goal total we move up to 5th, three points off new leaders Tottenham.

[b']Reminder to those in the FA Youth cup to set your teams please!!![/b]

Well played. It was mighty close though :)

marcos vitorino earned a draw with Newport County against Bristol Rovers.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Newport County and Bristol Rovers in their Division 4 fixture.

Adrián had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Praet was on the scoresheet for his side.

3rd draw in a row for Newport. We are lacking fire power this season, only +8 goal difference. We are now 4rd in Div4.

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Swansea City and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Raffael scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

López was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice comeback to deservedly win this match after being 1-0 down! Our great form continues, 8(!) wins and 1 draw in our last 9 matches! B) Up to 10th, only 3 points behind 3rd! And thinking we were struggling to leave bottom positions some weeks ago :rolleyes: Happy days.

First game in charge for jimbles saw York City come away with the 3 points. Beforehand, there was worry as to whether the squad could adapt to the tactics that the new gaffer like to use, but it seems the team adapted just fine to it, at least for now, and only time will tell.

The 2-1 win vs. a strong macclesfield team saw York City climb the table to 14th place, just 5 points outside of the play-off place, which shows just how competitive and open division 4 is this season.

The game saw York City dominate possession, having 65% during the game, and winning 13 corners, something the manager has rarely seen. Whilst Macclesfield dominated shot wise, hitting 11 on target to York City's 6, it was the clinical finishing and the excellent Bardi between the sticks that saw the difference.

Ezekiel put the game 1-0 up from the spot in the 10th minute, before Macclesfield equalised in the 23rd minuted. The game seemed to be going into the half with a draw, until Berahino popped up with a 43rd minute goal. This proved to be the match decider, and the gaffer is happy with a winning start to life in EC7777.

Next up for York City is Exeter City, who lie bottom of the league. York City won't be taking the game likely despite this, as they are a team who can win games.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 20

Hey guys. Heres the team of the round for games played on Wednesday 23rd July 2014. This time I have gone for a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Valdes (Everton)

Center Back: Koscielny (Blackpool)

Center Back: Sokratis (Wolves)

Center Back: Khacheridi (Forest Green Rovers)

Right Midfield: Dyer (Burton)

Center Midfield: Fernando (Colchester)

Center Midfield: Elano (Shrewsbury)

Left Midfield: Hazard (Liverpool)

Striker: Higuain (Tottenham)

Striker: Matavz (Bury)

Striker: Martkovic (Tamworth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Tottenham striker Gonzalo Higuain!!!

higuain.jpg

A first appearnace in the team of the round for the Argentine International who is flourishing since his move to Tottenham last season. In 48 starts he has amassed an incredible 35 goals. Truly one of the deadliest finishes in the top flight. Last night he scored a hat-trick away to Palace in a 4-2 win, spear heading Spurs to the top of the table. Tottenham playing some lovely attacking football and that hat-trick puts Higuain top of the golden boot race by three goals ahead of his team-mate Antoine Greizmann. Can any defence stop them?

EC 7777 FA Youth cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Here are the results and updated tables after the seventh set of fixtures in the FA Youth Cup.

Thursday 24th July 2014

Aldershot 3-2 Carlisle

Charlton 2-3 Shope

QPR 2-1 Sheffield United

Blackpool 8-1 Barrow AFC

Manchester United 2-2 Arsenal

Stoke 1-0 Bournemouth (Stoke win 3-0 due to Bournemouth fielding 9 senior players)

Table

Shorpe - GP - 7 - 16 Points - GF 20 - GA 11 - GD +9

Blackpool - GP - 6 - 14 Points - GF 21 - GA 8 - GD +13

Shefield Utd - GP - 7 - 12 Points - GF 12 - GA 8 - GD +4

Stoke - GP - 7 - 12 Points - GF 12 - GA 12 - GD 0

QPR - GP - 6 - 12 Points - GF 13 - GA 14 - GD -1

Aldershot - GP - 7 - 11 Points - GF 12 - GA 12 - GD 0

Man United - GP - 7 - 10 Points - GF 12 - GA 11 - GD +1

AFC Bournemouth - GP - 6 - 9 Points - GF 10 - GA 8 - GD +2

Charlton - GP - 7 - 7 Points - GF 16 - GA 14 - GD +2

Arsenal - GP - 6 - 7 Points - GF 11 - GA 12 - GD -1

Crewe - GP - 6 - 6 Points - GF 8 - GA 10 - GD -2

Carlisle - GP - 6 - 3 Points - GF 8 - GA 13 - GD -5

Barrow AFC - GP - 6 - 3 Points - GF 7 - GA 26 - GD -19

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 8

Carlos Bacca (QPR) - 6

Luis Fernandez (Aldershot) - 5

Dejan Janjatovic (Charlton) - 5

Jon Williams (Charlton) - 4

Junior Ademilson (Charlton) - 4

Diego Milito (Shorpe) - 4

Divock Origi (AFC Bournemouth) - 3

Hakim Ziyech (AFC Bournemouth) - 3

Tufan Ozbozkurt (Barrow AFC) - 3

Theo Walcott (Blackpool) - 3

Szabolcs Huszti (Carlisle) - 3

Alonso Escoboza (Crewe) - 3

Mario Gotze (Sheffield United) -3

Filip Kostic (Stoke) - 3

Alves Betinho (Aldershot) - 2

Neymar (Arsenal) - 2

Traore Adama (Arsenal) - 2

Julien De Sart (Arsenal) - 2

Rafa Silva (Blackpool) - 2

Luiz Danilo (Blackpool) - 2

Gustavo Gomez (Blackpool) - 2

Stijn Schaars (Carlisle) - 2

Ashley Harris (Charlton) - 2

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 2

Lucas Joao (Manchester United) - 2

Gerard Pique (Manchester Unitetd) - 2

Danny De Silva (Manchester United) - 2

Connor Wickham (QPR) - 2

Guilherme Siqueira (QPR) - 2

Lucas Piazon (Shorpe) - 2

Claudio Marchisio (Shorpe) - 2

Ogenyi Onazi (Sheffield United) - 2

Thomas Muller (Sheffield United) - 2

Vinicius Araujo (Sheffield United) - 2

Luciano Vietto (Stoke) - 2

Julien Feret (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Mauro Icardi (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Salomon Kalou (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Michael Babatunde (AFC Bournemouth) - 1

Andre Hahn (Aldershot) - 1

Ibrahim Amadou (Aldershot) - 1

Esiti Anderson (Aldershot) - 1

Laszlo Kleinheisler (Aldershot) - 1

Luis Suarez (Arsenal) - 1

Fede Cartabia (Arsenal) - 1

James Rodriguez (Arsenal) - 1

Vladyslav Kulach (Barrow AFC) - 1

Richairo Zivkovic (Barrow AFC) - 1

Luiz Pavez (Blackpool) - 1

Remi Walter (Blackpool) - 1

Gerard Deulofeu (Blackpool) - 1

Nahuel Zarate (Carlisle) - 1

Emre Tasdemir (Carlisle) - 1

Liam Tomsett (Charlton) - 1

Aaron Ramsey (Crewe) - 1

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 1

Lukas Podolski (Crewe) - 1

Gareth Bale (Manchester United) - 1

Ahmed Musa (Manchester United) - 1

Mats Hummels (Manchester United) - 1

Robert Lewandowski (Manchester United) - 1

Luis Pite (QPR) - 1

Joao Mario (QPR) - 1

Fernandez Suso (QPR) - 1

Matheus Doria (Shorpe) - 1

Mathieu Valbuena (Shorpe) - 1

James Ward-Prowse (Shorpe) - 1

Rodrigo Ely Sheffield United) - 1

Andre Gomes (Sheffield United) - 1

Phil Jagielka (Stoke) - 1

Adam Maher (Stoke) - 1

Ricardo Horta (Stoke) - 1

Adnan Januzaj (Stoke) - 1

Josef Martinez (Stoke) - 1

Next games to be played on Sunday 27th July (All fixtures have been organised)

Javier Saviola Signs for Carlisle United

Carlisle United have announced the signing of Argentine Javier Saviola from Olympiacos. The 32 year old can play either upfront or behind the striker meaning that his attacking nature could help address the lack of goals this season.

The money raised from the sale of club captain Szabolcs Huszti helped clear debt and pay the 6.7m fee for Saviola. Gaspar Servio, the 22 year old goalkeeper who has emerged from the club's youth setup, departs in the other direction. Currently behind the first-choice keeper Cassio and fellow youth graduate Rajkovic in the pecking order, Servio has been viewed as surplus.

Saviola, who is not a natural replacement for the role Huszti played in the team, will likely signal the end of Bentanin Paulinho's time at the club as the club looks for a new defensive option having missed out on primary target Paolo De Ceglie. Paulinho is available for cash.

The club have not confirmed a new captain yet, however, vice-captain Pablo Barrientos led the team in their league fixture against Derby County and Stijn Schaars captained the under-21 side last night.