English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

EC 7777 FA Youth cup

Table

Blackpool - GP - 11 - 24 Points - GF 33 - GA 16 - GD +17

Shefield Utd - GP - 12 - 22 Points - GF 22 - GA 14 - GD +8

Aldershot - GP - 11 - 20 Points - GF 22 - GA 15 - GD +7

Congratulations MoAoM, i believe your Blackpool is virtually FA Youth Cup Champion! Well done mate, organizing the competition and winning it! Cheers.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 25

Hey guys. Was unable to do it on Wednesday as was really busy. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 9th August 2014. I have chosen a 4-4-2 formation this time.

Goalkeeper: Marchetii (Leicester)

Right Back: Piszczek (Man City)

Center Back: Dede (Norwich)

Center Back: Hoffmann (Burton)

Left Back: Martinez (Yeovil)

Right Midfield: Neymar (Arsenal)

Center Midfield: Costa (Millwall)

Center Midfield: Kasaev (Ipswich)

Left Midfield: Deulofeu (Blackpool)

Striker: Rondon (Blackpool)

Striker: Erding (Huddersfield)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Blackpool striker Salomon Rondon!!!!

rondon.jpg

Its been a tough start in the Premier League for the £15million striker, only managing one league goal this season. His performances in the cup competitions however have been very good, scoring 11 times. At the weekend Rondon finally started to prove his Premier League quality, netting four times against Sunderland. He scored one of the quickets hat-tricks in the Premier league, with three goals coming in the opening 21 minutes. He also added a late fourth whilst winning the MOM award.

Thanks to noisy I am now Notts County manager and thanks to the Chelsea manager for making me laugh out loud with your bid for Geis... dont bother bidding again m8 ;)

A 90, a very good youngster and 4 million cash. Feel free to find a better offer for an 87, chairmans have srict maximums now. Oh and try not to accept and then cancel anymore, messes all my other bids up.

Good luck.

A 90' date=' a very good youngster and 4 million cash. Feel free to find a better offer for an 87, chairmans have srict maximums now. Oh and try not to accept and then cancel anymore, messes all my other bids up.

Good luck.[/quote']

cheers Will...btw my gran wants to know if the player you bid with is available for a date....he's about her age ;)

Carlisle United

English Shield Semi-Final vs. Plymouth Argyle - Match Preview:

Fans have travelled in their numbers to the other side of the country where they will be able to see their team face Plymouth Argyle for a place in the English Shield final.

Once again it is a great chance for the team to pit our wits against a Division 1 side -- Plymouth have a strong, well balanced team including the likes of Sirigu and Juanfran. This means that we will be relying on the top players of our own, Schaars and Saviola, to lead their defensive and attacking lines with both confidence and composure.

The super-sub of the English Cup semi-final Sadio Mane remains on the bench much to his disappointment. Despite his objections, it has been deemed best to stick with Maxime Lestienne who has been consistent in both cup runs. Don't be surprised to see Mane make another cameo though, especially if we find ourselves losing with little time remaining.

Here is the line-up in full...

Starting XI:

01. R. Cassio

03. T. Hubschman

04. M. Dabo

06. S. N’Zonzi

07. E. Polanski

09. J. Saviola

11. S. Mauri

16. M. Lestienne

19. I. Olic

24. O. Kucher

25. S. Schaars

On the Bench:

12. P. Rajkovic

10. S. Mane

13. Nahuel Zarate

15. M. Gobbi

17. V. Aboubakar

22. C. Mbemba

23. R. Rabia

Carlisle United

English Shield Semi-Final: Plymouth Argyle 1 - 3 Carlisle United

It was a nervy start at Home Park as the opening 20 minutes saw both sides miss many opportunities. Eventually the deadlock was broken mid-way through the first half by Javier Saviola. After this, the attacking team I sent out to counter Plymouth's strong defence worked hard to maintain this narrow margin and no more big chances came for either side until Ivica Olic stunned the hosts to double our advantage with only a minute to spare until half time.

Aware that they were in a much more comfortable position than they could have ever imagined at half time, the players were told to use their heads as the Plymouth manager almost undoubtedly had a trick up his sleeve.

And he did - immediately. A triple substitution at half time revealed his new intentions and they were a threat from the re-start. However, somewhat out of the blue, Ivica Olic managed to double his goal tally and put us an astonishing 3 - 0 up. The players got a little too carried a way though and a moment later saw Piatti score a goal that helped claw his team right back in it.

But after an action packed last half hour of the match which saw every fan on the edge of their seat, we pulled through to earn our place in the English Shield Final.

Well played to the Plymouth manager David Crawford, this was a great game but we just about managed to get the better of it in the end.

The English Shield Final, Wembley Stadium, Monday 25th August 2014: Carlisle United vs Tottenham Hotspur

So it's a game against the best team in the Game World, if the Division 1 table is anything to go by, for us. So the underdog status will be truly with us for this encounter. Congratulations to Jack Simpson for getting his team to the final whilst still staying top of Division 1, that is quite impressive in itself.

I guess the only negative of this is that it guarantees we will not have a Monday off for the rest of the season. In fact, we've been playing 3 matches a week every week since the start of the season -- these players deserve a holiday, that's for sure. Until then though, there is still business to take care of.

Carlisle United

English Shield Semi-Final vs. Plymouth Argyle - Match Preview:

Congrats on reaching your second final this season mate. Amazing achievement (Don't think thats been done in this setup before). Hope you can go on and win one of them as its fully deserevd.

Congrats on reaching your second final this season mate. Amazing achievement (Don't think thats been done in this setup before). Hope you can go on and win one of them as its fully deserevd.

Many thanks. Last week I was happy just to reach a final but now that I'm in two I've got to say I'll be a little disappointed if I don't win one of them.

A 90' date=' a very good youngster and 4 million cash. Feel free to find a better offer for an 87, chairmans have srict maximums now. Oh and try not to accept and then cancel anymore, messes all my other bids up.

Good luck.[/quote']

That bid sounds crazy to turn down for his 87, stick or twist, he has stuck I'd laugh if he found anything better. Thing about this gameworld, got to look at it at the long run.

That 90 could be two 88's and that cash you could buy one good external or risk 2 youths. But people stick and end up rotting into debt.

Thought it was common rules not to cancel accepted bids but that out the window I presume.

Any chances of a team being avaliable any time soon?

Perhaps a manager who hasn't logged in for a long time?

Would love to join this GW.

Any managing vacancies? I'm a semi-regular forumer on 7046 but I'm eager to get into this gameworld as well:)

Div 2 Gillingham are currently on offer to a non-forumer so they could be available soon pending his decision.

Apart from that a couple of teams are on 23/24 days but one of those usually logs back in before the 30 days expires.

Good luck anyway.

First bit of business for Bolton as Alaba goes out and Javi Martinez and Schmeltzer & 10 mill comes in which clears the debt by a quarter of a million.

Most players are transfer listed as I try to shake things up a bit but some of the offers received have been derisory.

Annoyed to lose tonight, Wrexham have done the double over us now,

However, this does soften the blow...

First bit of business for Bolton as Alaba goes out and Javi Martinez and Schmeltzer & 10 mill comes in which clears the debt by a quarter of a million.

Really happy to get a prolific LB in the side. Should be a mainstay of the team for years to come now.

Martinez was, incredibly, on the bench for me. So I am a happy man :D

David del Bosque Scolari (muallan - forum) steered Bristol City to victory against Brighton and Hove Albion.

Bristol City outclassed Brighton and Hove Albion and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Altintop had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Sessègnon, Trejo and Iturra were amongst the goalscorers.

We are the possession kings

:D

But we now have debt :(

All cash deals are entertained

Swindon Town were unlucky not come away with the win after drawing 1 - 1 against Hartlepool United in their Division 3 fixture.

A very disappointing result against a rather strange looking Hartlepool line-up.

This is the second match on the trot where we have completely dominated the game but failed to come away with anything more than a point!

Our problem this season has been our inability to score goals. In 30 league matches so far we have only managed to score more than once on 11 occasions and, despite being in the top half of the table for most of the time, only 2 sides above us have a worse goal difference.

Out of the 48 goals we have scored, a staggering 29 of them have come from midfield players (our top goalscorer is a DM!!). 8 from defenders and a paltry 11 from our forwards (5 of which came from Maicon, who is technically a winger & 4 from Dieumerci Mbokani, who is no longer at the club).

Part of the problem I think might be because of my preference to play with a lone striker but it still all adds up to one thing..... We desperately need to sign a clinical goalscorer!

This will be top of the agenda for the end of season board meeting B)