English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 4-2 Fenerbache

Blackpool come from behind twice to take a two goal lead into the second leg of the Champions League last 16. Tevez scored a brace, with Deulofeu and Walcott with the others.

Iniesta had a terrible night with a 5 rating, and has not impressed since his arrival. One of the worlds most creative players is yet to create a goal in 28 appearances. Will consider offers for him if anyones interested.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Gillingham were held by Peterborough United with a 2-2 draw. I had my first outing as Gills manager and it was a sweet and sour experience.

The "sweet" was the strength of our first XI with the likes of Lima, Diego and Sidney Sam however the "sour" was the fact that we conceded two goals in the final 15 minutes of the match to draw when we looked destined for the win.

Another blow for the squad is the short term injury of our creative playmaker Diego who will be out for a week so I will need to rejig the starting lineup again.

Just have one sale to report at the moment

Diafra SAKHO has completed his move to AC Barnechea from Gillingham for 2,255,700

With our growing debt, I needed to reduce the wage bill and pump some money to reduce the debt on our club. But there may be a high profile departure once I decide who I am willing to let go.

Carlisle United Win the English Cup

Altrincham 0 - 1 Carlisle United

Schaars 13'

The small towns of Altrincham and Carlisle were left bare on Monday as fans travelled in their tens of thousands to watch their beloved teams battle it out for the first major silverware of the season. There was a lot of talk pre-match about both teams being winners regardless thanks to the added finances, and this became even more true thanks to the nature of the English Shield Final - both teams will likely qualify for the Europa League next season.

We set up with a diamond midfield and wing-backs in order to try and dominate possession and focus on build up play. We also started with three centre-backs in order to keep out the likelihood of Altrincham having two forwards. In the end, this plan went perfectly as we managed to take an early lead thanks to a moment of class from club captain Stijn Schaars. We had to deal with a lot of pressure from the Altrincham attack but thanks to Cassio having one of his superb games, we managed to hold on with more of the ball.

The fans, players and myself alike were ecstatic at the full-time whistle and we were partying non-stop until the famous trophy lift (performed by the match winner himself Stijn Schaars) and then deep into the night.

Commiserations to Altrincham and Libaan Hassan; to reach the final from the bottom division is quite an achievement and he has a lot of income to show for it and (hopefully) Europa League football next season.

Carlisle United Win the English Cup

Amazing job mate, really hope you go and do Spurs in for the double next week. Unlucky Altincham but still an excellent job to reach the final.

Blackpools Salomon Rondon finishes that competitions top scorer with 7 :)

Notts County beat AS Saint-Etienne 3 - 2 in the 1st leg of their last 16 SMFA Shield tie last night with a brace from Peralya and a goal from Tore.

The team have obviously done wonders to get this far under SirMarkhughes but i'm worried the 2 away goals could be our downfall :rolleyes:

It is fairly evident that MrMcdonald, reads the forum. He has or had multiple accounts. If you look at his clubs , he often joins and leaves just before or immediately after Lance Windsor or Wesley Tanner.

He always seems to know when a club is available , meaning he has a friend , or another account within the same game world. For what purpose , I know not.

Things haven't been going well on the playing field for Bolton, I guess I will just have to keep telling the fans that we are in transition!

Things have got a bit worse as we have Thorgan Hazard still with over 4 weeks of his 6 week injury left to go and Julian Draxler joined him on the long term injury list with a 6 week broken arm, squad numbers are low so might have to just tape up Draxlers arm and get him on the park, I mean he isn't the goalie so shouldn't matter that much.

We have brought in a few signings.

SPALEK, Nikolas

DIERSSEN, Tim

SELKE, Davie

MARUOKA, Mitsuru

HARDER, Tammo

PETERSEN, Mads

youngsters mostly German based.

Out have went:

NEDYALKOV, Anton

WIJNALDUM, Giliano

And we traded ALABA for Martinez and Schmeltzer.

For sale are:

Martin Braithwaite 23yold/86 rated plays for Toulouse & Danmark NT.

Arkadiusz Milik 20yold/85 rated plays at Ajax on loan from Leverkusen and Polish NT.

Both are for sale for cash or part exchange.

Well little old Bury last night got a 0-0 draw with Reading the game has seen us drop a few points behind the play offs now but still feel I can get my squad there.

I am ready to spend out and two names on my wish list are English duo Noble and Briton who I am ready to take a punt on for my new DM duo

I do have a few overs signings in the wings but we will see what happens..

Queens Park Rangers beat Coventry City 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Martin was also on the scoresheet for his side.

An important and fair win for us over Joshua's Coventry last night. Coventry's former player Marvin Martin scored the first one for us converting a free-kick, and the talented algerian Yacine Brahimi, who was voted MOTM, scored the other one! We jumped to 4th and our goal is to keep our top 6 position until the end of the season, in order to have a shot at promotion!

Blackpool 2-1 Man City

Blackpool get themselves back into the title race with a huge result at the Etihad. Went defensive with a 5-4-1 and using Walcotts pace on the counter attack. Worked perfectly as the England International opened the scoring in the fifth minute. Xavi equalised just before half-time for City.

Andreas Iniesta came under heavy criticism after a poor performance in the Champions League on Tuesday and an overall poor season. He bounced back by scoring the late winner and earning the MOM award. Subsitute Gerard Deulofeu with another assist, the most in the Premiership along with Ronaldo at 16, fantastic first full season for the young Spainyard (26 assists in all competitions!)

Up to 6th and just two points off leaders City.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 28

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 20th August. I have again chosen a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Leno (Barnsley)

Right Back: Marchese (Stockport)

Center Back: M'bia (Norwich)

Center Back: Sorensen (Cardiff)

Left Back: Boateng (Liverpool)

Right Midfield: Choupo-Moting (MK Dons)

Center Midfield: Hernandez (Preston)

Center Midfield: Bamba (Shrewsbury)

Left Midfield: Constant (Gillingham)

Striker: Ronaldo (Leeds)

Striker: Dzeko (Everton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes Everton striker Edin Dzeko!!!!

dzeko.jpg

Edin Dzeko joined an illustriate group of players after scoring his hat-trick last night. He is now one of a few players to have scored 100 premier league goals (Im in the middle of a report on all of the other players in more detail which should be done soon). His hat-trick at the Emirates shows how deadly he is in front of goal. With Everton trailing, Dzeko equalised with a fantastic 30 yard free-kick. A volley before the hour gave the Toffees the lead and his hat-trick was complete in the 72nd minute with a delicate flick bouncing in off the post. Very rare you see a player score a hat-trick against Thiago Silva! Dzeko moves up to 15 league goals this season, two behind golden boot leader Gonzalo Higuain.

marcos vitorino steered Newport County to victory against Bradford City.

Newport County outclassed Bradford City and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Adrián had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Arbilla and Martins were amongst the goalscorers.

Important win against Bradford City, the "Russian Project". The competition is very tight in Div4. Only one point separating 8th from 3rd and only nine points separating 14th from 2nd! Basically everything can still happen, from great to worst... Additionally, the three games per week are upon us in a short while, for sure that will make a difference.

Congratulations mate' date=' well done! Commiserations to Atrincham, nicely done too! Good luck for the other Cup final mate![/quote']
Amazing job mate, really hope you go and do Spurs in for the double next week. Unlucky Altincham but still an excellent job to reach the final.

Many thanks.

Swansea%20City%20AFC.png

Swansea City beat Morecambe 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Kolarov scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Prib and Rodriguez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Happy with the result as we sit in 8th position. We hit a slump some what in the last month and dropped down the ladder drastically.

Burton_Albion_0.png

Been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for results since taking control of Burton again not too long ago.

Unlike in my previous spell i have had real trouble getting the 4-2-3-1 too work causing losses in my previous 2 games (before last nights result) so tested out a few different tactics and find that 5 across midfield is serving me well compared to other formations.

Considering the side only had 1 win and 2 draws in 22 league games before i joined i am happy to have won more than i have lost :D

Played - 11 Won - 5 Drawn - 2 Lost - 4

That is the record after scraping a 1-0 win over a 9 man side (certainly made a struggle of it but most importantly finally caught up with the lower league sides in the table. With 13 games left i will be hoping we push on now and hopefully finish around 17-20th in the table which would prove to be a good turnaround.

On a final note i have to give big credit to Will Trafford at Chelsea, i was there manager for only a few weeks before my mate deleted them but for Chelsea its the best thing that could have happened, he has managed to do 2 things i couldnt;

1 - Get consistent results with them

2 - Rebuild the squad which is something i just couldn't do due to the amount of high rated players previously in the team.

So major respect for the job he has done this season and hopefully they can keep it up and get back into division 1 for the new season coming up.

I thought we were going to get a break but after going 1-0 up we succumbed to a -1 defeat to JMH, good game mate.

With us having Draxler & Hazard out for the next 4-6 weeks we need to bring in bodies and we need to bring in a centre back as we are not covered enough for me to play my usual formations, no excuses but we can't get a bid for either Braithwaite or Milik so we will just have to bide our time unless someone wished to make a bid for either of the pair.

Blackpool 0-2 Crystal Palace

One of those frustrating games where the engine poops on you. Palace score two early goals with there only shots on target, and played over 30 minutes with ten men. Very annoying result, could have gone fourth with a win but down to ninth :(