English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 29

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 23rd August 2014. I have again chosen a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Patricio (Hull)

Right Back: Naughton (Kidderminster)

Center Back: Sorensen (Cardiff)

Center Back: Ramis (Southend)

Left Back: Kolarov (Swansea)

Center Midfield: Schmiedebach (Notts County)

Center Midfield: Goulart (Wigan)

Center Midfield: Pirlo (Port Vale)

Right Forward: Suarez (Arsenal)

Center Forward: Huntelaar (Fulham)

Left Forward: Agudelo (Southend)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Fulhams Klaas-Jan Huntelaar!!!!

huntelaar.png

The Dutch center forward wins the award for the second time this season after winning in Round 2. Yesterday he scored a hat-trick as Fulham beat hereford 4-2. His first a powerful low shot into the bottom corner. His second a well placed header and his third coming from the penalty spot. His night unfortunately finished early due to injury, and is expected to miss the next three weeks of football. He moves up to second in the golden boot race for Division two with 17 goals.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Final Day preview This is day that every football fan looks forward too (Unless your team is in a relegation scrap!). But this is the day when every

Posted Images

Sad news as McDonald quits Mansfield

i-choose-you-burger-king.jpg

Mansfield saved by the combined forces of the Big King and Pikachu

Mr Mcdonald who has the best average record point score with Mansfield will not be sadly missed. Keep an eye out for his alter egos of David Moyes, Wesley Tanner, Lance Windsor etc as we won't be lovin his return.

The Premier League 100 Club!

In the last two rounds, two players joined a very exclusive club as being players to score 100 goals in the Premier League. On the 20/08/14 Diego Milito scored an 86th minute equaliser against Newcastle to reach the goal. Three days later on the weekend Evertons Edin Dzeko netted twice against Sunderland to put him on 101 Premier League goals. Milito also scored to equal that tally.

They join a very exclusive club, which now stands at seven players. Here are the other five players to achieve this.

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

rooney.jpg

The England star is the leagues most prolific goal scorer. It's not a huge shock looking at the dominance Manchester United had in recent seasons. Wayne has a total of 127 goals in 220(2) games. More than a goal every two games is an amazing stat, also an unselfish player with 88 assists. Rooneys best season came in Season five, where he scored 22 goals and created 23.

Lionel Messi (Liverpool)

messi.jpg

Regarded by many as the best player in the world and quite possibly ever, it's a bit of a surprise not to see him at the top of the charts. In two seasons at Arsenal he only managed 14 goals, a move to Anfield has really helped the little magician, scoring 103 goals for Liverpool making a total of 117 Premier League goals in 230(2) appearnaces. His best season came back in season six where he scored 20 goals and created 9.

Gonzalo Higuain (Tottenham)

higuain.jpg

The Argentine began his Premier league career with Chelsea where he won many trophies, but never the league title. He notched up 73 premier league goals for Chelsea before making the switch to White Hart Lane. In his two seasons at Spurs he has been fantastic in front of goal, scoring a further 39 times which totals 112 league goals in 190 (13) games. His best season was in Season where he scored 25 goals and created 16 whilst at Chelsea

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Liverpool)

zlatan.jpg

Much like real life, Zlatan has represent many clubs in the top division. Five in total. His most successful time came at Old Trafford where he won the league, he has also featured for Manchester City, Millwall, Sheffield United and now Liverpool. The big Swede has scored 104 goals in 217(4) matches. Best season came in Season six, netting 21 goals and nine assists. He formed a formidable relationship with Wayne Rooney when United dominated the league. He now has another top striker in Messi as his team-mate so more goals will definately be on the way!

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

aguero.jpg

Starting life at West Ham in season one, he scored 23 goals for the Hammers in just 34 games. A big move to Manchester City followed and has been very consistant in front of goal. His 16 goals in Season four guided City to its first league title and in total has scored 73 goals for City. In total Aguero has 100 premier league goals in 232(8) games. Best season was season three scoring 18 goals and nine assists.

Here are the players who have scored over 50 goals in the Premier League. Players in red currently not playing in the top league.

Alexandre Pato (Aston Villa) - 99

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) - 98

David Villa (Hartlepool) - 88

Didier Drogba (Barnsley) - 82

Mario Gomez (Aston Villa) - 80

Karim Benzema (Tottenham) - 80

Robin van Persie (Manchester City) - 78

Angel Di Maria (Tottenham) - 76

Javier Hernandez (Sunderland) - 74

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Southampton) - 66

Robinho (AC Milan) - 63

Luis Saurez (Arsenal) - 61

Santi Cazorla (Sunderland) - 60

Robert Lewandowski (Manchester United) - 58

Franck Ribery (Leeds) - 58

Kaka (Everton) - 58

Theo Walcott (Blackpool) - 57

Mesut Ozil (Liverpool) - 57

David Silva (Manchester City) - 57

Samuel Eto'o (Barnsley) - 56

Thomas Muller (Liverpool) - 56

Xavi (Manchester City) - 55

Mirko Vucinin (Everton) - 55

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Fulham) - 55

Neymar (Arsenal) - 54

Yaya Toure (Manchester City) - 54

Arjen Robben (Chelsea) - 53

Emmanuel Adebayor (Millwall) - 52

Anderson Hernanes (Colchester) - 52

Cristiano Ronaldo (Leeds) - 51

Eden Hazard (Liverpool) - 50

Hopefully haven't missed anyone. If I have let me know and ill add him to the list :)

Carlisle United

English Shield Final vs Tottenham Hotspur - Match Preview:

Carlisle will be without 4 clinical players for the Shield final: captain Stijn Schaars, attackers Javier Saviola and Ivicia Olic, and defensive talisman Oleksandr Kucher. These players miss out due to all playing key roles in the league fixture on Saturday (usually top players have been subbed an hour in to preserve fitness but due to a dip in league form did not this weekend).

My mission at the start of the season was to avoid relegation and preserve a second season in Division 3. I had to make a tough call to focus heavily on not being defeated once again in the league and thankfully we were not and so the result moved us a point further away from the bottom four.

Unfortunately, this has left me without some important faces against Spurs, a side that I needed my two 89 rated players available to play against in order to have any realistic chance of beating.

I'm not saying it's impossible, we have forced our way to the final so there is always a chance, but it's going to be a tough task.

Starting XI:

01. R. Cassio (captain)

02. M. Cassani

03. T. Mykhalyk

04. M. Dabo

06. S. N'Zonzi

07. E. Polanski

10. S. Mane

11. S. Mauri

15. M. Gobbi

16. M. Lestienne

17. V. Aboubakar

On the Bench:

12. P. Rajkovic

05. S. Pecks

13. Nahuel Zarate

14. T. Vilhena

22. C. Mbemba

23. R. Rabia

31. V. Kalitvintsev

Heartbreaking defeat for us in the English Shield final: losing to an 87th minute winner. We pushed Spurs all the way and were even winning up until the last 20 minutes before the opposition began to show their class. I'm proud of the team's efforts to reach both finals though and congratulations to Spurs and Jack Simpson on winning the trophy. It is good news for the Game World for silverware to be dispersed to multiple teams of both high and low status.

I can now fully concentrate on the league, although just in time for the gruelling three match weeks (we need a Monday off!), we need to keep ourselves away from the relegation zone so that next season we can be playing both Division 3 and Europa League football.

Heartbreaking defeat for us in the English Shield final: losing to an 87th minute winner. We pushed Spurs all the way and were even winning up until the last 20 minutes before the opposition began to show their class. I'm proud of the team's efforts to reach both finals though and congratulations to Spurs and Jack Simpson on winning the trophy. It is good news for the Game World for silverware to be dispersed to multiple teams of both high and low status.

I can now fully concentrate on the league' date=' although just in time for the gruelling three match weeks (we need a Monday off!), we need to keep ourselves away from the relegation zone so that next season we can be playing both Division 3 and Europa League football.[/quote']

unlucky, well done Spurs.

you have been superb in the cups this season, well done Adriano.

Blackpool progress to the quarter finals of the Champions League after a 1-1 in Fenerbache, winning the tie 5-3 on aggregate. Carlos Tevez with our goal.

All five English clubs progress, got the one draw I didn't want and that is Manchester United. A team that has humiliated us in the last two seasons at the semi-final stage. Only beat them twice in ten meetings, don't fancy my chances :(

The offer for Leonardo ROLÓN of Vélez Sársfield from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Hoping i've found someone who will continue to play for Velez. Started all three games this season and scoring once. Bit of a gamble but hopefully comes good :)

Gillingham managed to pick up a solid 2-1 win over Crewe Alexandria with goals to forward pairing Rodrigo Lima and Andy Carroll. I thought it would be an interesting experiment to put "two towers" in front of goal and see what happens and so far, it has bore fruit.

In particular, England big man Andy Carroll impressed with a sterling performance where he contributed in every aspect of attacking play and that can only bode well for my side.

I think a player who has emerged since my short tenure is Ghanaian midfielder/wingback Kevin Constant who has produced some of his best football since my appointment and its good to see some of the fringe players impress.

Now I have been getting inquiries about certain players in my squad but like I said, I will decide who I can do without at the end of the season but since I am busy at the moment, I may not be able to attend to all the messages about my players.

Harry Redknapp steered Bury to victory against York City.

Bury beat York City 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Ekici scored the winner for Bury and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

One point from the play offs put a lot of work into this team this season, now so close but so far there is only two points between 5th and 10th so its going to be a battle for the play offs this season.

Have two more aims in the market again, my squad is looking good long term now as well.

A fan has shared his views on the pathetic state of my team after another loss tonight against Huddersfield (4-2) which leaves us right in mid table limbo

It's embarrassing Ray' date=' it really is. We're a massive club. It's not just nights like this against Orient, or last season against Sheffield United, or the season before against Bradford, it's the rest of the time. Our home record is appalling, our football is boring and unimaginative. We're relegation fodder. It's only lucky that each season there's at least three teams worse than we are. I think that'll be the case again this season given Palace's woes and that Burnley and Leicester will struggle IMO. Our luck will run out though, eventually.

We need to get the club sale sorted out and then we can push from there. Right now we're in limbo.[/quote']

I've recently been receiving letters similar to this as well as my Twitter being bombarded by angry fans. On top of that Pedro's told me this morning he will not renew his contract and will seek a move to a Premierleague side.

#Shambles

Bury are on the hunt of five players to boost there promotion hopes, the Div 4 side who have now been under the rain of Beckett for a little under eight months are pushing for promotion with there coach and Beckett has said this:

I am happy to be here no dout this is one of the hardest leagues in the world I know that I can see that, but with the names I have here this team can make it bigger and better, promotion this season is a real test for us, I am in the market yet again and have to thank three teams for the loans of trio Pavez (Blackpool) - Velazquez (West Ham) - Scholz (Liverpool) the trio come in at a time we need them most, my squad has been lacking bad at the back this season and with the final push here the trio will also get the game time there looking for. I would also like to that Tottenham who took a cut of 5.7m for German U21 Moritz Leitner, the 21 year old is making a quick impact on my team since joining for nine million and was money well spent.

I would also like to say here two of my star players wont be held back if the right offer comes in,

Tim Matavz who has played 20 times since joining scored 11 and set up 13 can leave for around the 10m mark, the 25 year old has been key but I do have a replacement in the squad already so wont be a big loss.

Ruano Alexis is pritty much done here been listed and is waiting to leave he will never play again here just fallen out of my squad and will not even make the bench a solid 88 for any squad so come snap yourself a Spanish CB who did make a impact here but just is not needed.

Swindon Town beat Norwich City 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture

A solid win against a tidy looking Norwich side saw us move up to 4th place in Division 3 last night. The Canaries went into the break 1-0 up after Monreal scored in the 18th minute &, at one stage, looked as though they could go further ahead.

But defensively my team have been pretty steady lately having only conceded one goal in the previous 4 games. In the second half we began to dominate the play a bit more and finally, after 70 minutes, the breakthrough came when Christian Noboa scored a well deserved equaliser.

Marques Maicon gave us the lead in the 78th minute and, a minute later, a sublime volleyed cross from Artem Dzyuba was struck home by Jurado to put the result & the 3 points beyond doubt.

Since my previous post, lamenting our lack of goalscoring, things have improved greatly and we have practically doubled our goal difference since I dropped the useless Devic, pushed Jurado into a more central attacking midfield position with Artem Dzyuba as the frontman. The Russian isn't scoring as freely as I would like but his work rate is without question.

I am also very pleased with the way our young GK, Nick Marsman, has performed this season. Despite being one of the youngest and lowest rated keepers in the division he has kept a total of 10 clean sheets earning himself 3 MOTM awards in the process.

We now go into the final month of the season facing 3 matches a week. This is where we see which clubs have the depth to cope, which managers are bold enough to field young 78 rated players or those that prefer to sacrifice fitness for rating...

Swindon has the smallest squad in the division and I am not sure how we will cope when the inevitable injuries arrive. I intend to strengthen the squad in certain areas but we are trying not to succumb to impulse buying. We have a shortlist of players we are interested in and will make our move when the time is right and the players are available. Oh yes,, and also when we have the money....lol :rolleyes:

Swindon has the smallest squad in the division and I am not sure how we will cope when the inevitable injuries arrive. :rolleyes:

I feel ya, our squad is super skinny and we have two out on long-term injuries, not good.

We managed to get a win at last which was much needed for confidence, we gave everybody at the club a new contract to try and give a boost to the morale, still trying to sell Braithwate and Milik for cash.

I feel ya' date=' our squad is super skinny and we have two out on long-term injuries, not good.

We managed to get a win at last which was much needed for confidence, we gave everybody at the club a new contract to try and give a boost to the morale, still trying to sell Braithwate and Milik for cash.[/quote']

Give a youngster talent a shot. Its working for me... Kleinheisler played good in the youth cup and now playing good at the league along with Luis Fernandez, Betinho. Now it is 3 games a week, so more rotation needed. Nico, why don´t request loans? 3 players could be a nice addition.

Give a youngster talent a shot. Its working for me... Kleinheisler played good in the youth cup and now playing good at the league along with Luis Fernandez' date=' Betinho. Now it is 3 games a week, so more rotation needed. Nico, why don´t request loans? 3 players could be a nice addition.[/quote']

Youngsters Brant, Green, Sanogo and Sarr are all getting gametime more through necessity than choice though, Sanogo has 6 assists in 6 games, hoping the 3 games a week doesn't bring anymore injuries though.