• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Ryan MENDES has completed his move to Bury from Sporting CP in a swap deal for Patrick FUNK and Marvin EMNES . All other offers were turned down.

A nice solid deal for my Bury a like for like change, Emnes is a cracking player just never gets the chance, but now with the Swans can see him getting game time but with me wanting to get promotion Mendes fits the bill, a class player with bags of protentle happy to have him in the squad and he will be key in our push for promotion.

All Brazil Strike Force:

Fabiano and Love will now lead our Attack the duo are set to partner up in Div 4 and could also easy make it in Div 3 football when not if I get promoted.

RUSSIA eSTUNNED BY ESTONIA

Russia's World Cup hopes took a blow last night after being held to a goal-less draw in Moscow by the tiny Baltic state of Estonia with their 81 rated squad and their 79 rated keeper!

Despite having most of the possession the Russian team, packing regular 7777 Premier League stars such as Igor Denisov, Roman Shirokov & Akinfeev, failed to penetrate the beleaguered Estonian defence.

Estonia are something of a bogey team for Russia. Drawn in the same qualifying group for the second season running the Russians have now failed to beat their tiny neighbours once.

Manager, Nicholas Fursse, kept an unchanged side from the one that beat Norway and opted to rely on several of his own grown Swindon players to carve out the victory they wanted.

However, striker Artem Dzyuba proved that what he can't do for Swindon, he can't do for Russia either...

Immediately after the match the Kremlin announced that it would veto the match,,,, until it was pointed out to them that they can only use their veto to annoy the rest of the world over important political matters & that international football results do not fall under the same category.

FIFA have announced that they will also be investigating an incident at the end of the match where a fan, with a remarkable resemblence to Angela Merkel, ran onto the pitch in what looked like an attempt to throw something at the Manager. If you think that was ugly then things only got worse when the Lada driving the Manager back to his hotel broke down outside the ground.

.... I have never been so embarrassed in my life. Only drawing to Estonia is one thing but to be photographed in the back of a Lada is something my reputation will never recover from....

Manager Nicholas Fursse

End of match rioting was thankfully averted by a clever move from the Police when they announced that free Vodka shots were available for the first 1000 fans that made it to Dimitri's Bar on Tverskaya Street.

With regard to the World Cup,, Russia's final qualifying game is now as much about mathematical equations as about the football itself.

To save you the algebra,,, Russia must beat Iceland and hope that the match against Norway & Mexico does NOT end in a draw..... or else it is Do Svidanya for us !!

Harry Redknapp steered Bury to victory against Watford.

Bury beat Watford 4 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Kurtič scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Love and Scholz were also amongst the goalscorers.

Now up to 5th come on Bury were so close now to the end of the season, and getting into the play offs are my main aim this season.

A dissapointing 4-2 loss for Blackpool against Middlesbrough, depite us creating more chances...

Pretty much ends our hopes of retaining our title after falling six points behind leaders Man City. Top 4 still a big possability, but first a daugnting CL quater final against Man United.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 31

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 31st August. Ive chosen a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Lopes (Wycombe)

Center Back: Navarro (Hull)

Center Back: Scholz (Bury)

Center Back: Granqvist (Camrbidge)

Right Midfield: Callejon (Brighton)

Center Midfield: Martinez (Bolton)

Center Midfield: Benat (West Ham)

Left Midfield: Payet (Hull)

Striker: Matri (Huddersfield)

Striker: Derley (Aldershot)

Striker: Jerome (Luton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Hull Citys Dimitri Payet!!!!

payet.jpg

Its been a great season for the French International after a difficult first year in Hull. Last night he opened the scoring after dribbling past two defenders and smashing the ball into the bottom corner. Payet created the second goal with a great cross headed in by Klose. He also created the thid goal as his pass with finished by Diego Perotti. He scored his second of the game in the 76th minute, Perotti returning the assist and another cool finish into the bottom corner from Payet as Hull secured a fantastic 5-0 win over a very strong Newcastle side.

It keeps Hull in contention for the league title and one of the surprise packages of the season, Payet is a huge reason for there success with 10 goals and 11 assists so far this season.

Disappointing 1-0 defeat away at Peterborough.

Would have gained a lot of ground on the playoffs had i have won, but a play off spot looks far and beyond now - could mathematically do it, but looks like we may have to wait until next season.

Looking to send Soldado off to a new club, feel free to pm me in game regarding him - not often a 90+ striker is going to go up for sale, but feel Rudnevs is the man for me - a replacement wouldn't go amiss, but a LB, CB or better GK would be preferred.

Swindon Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Rochdale in their Division 3 fixture.

Pretty even game against Rochdale. We had more possession but just seemed to lack that ruthless finishing to put the game away.

I always felt that we could win the game though and at 60 minutes I brought on some fresh legs and changed to a more attacking formation thinking that if we pressed a bit harder we could get our just reward.

That seemed to be our undoing however, as Rochdale caught us on the break in the dying minutes and scored the only goal of the match.

I would have liked to have congratulated their manager in person but he has been absent for 2 weeks. I did leave a message on his voicemail though....

So I guess that's what you get for being greedy & trying to go for 3pts instead of settling for one,, or maybe that's what you get for worrying about fielding match fit players?

The number of times my team have been undone by a team that is already exhausted before the pre-match warm up has finished is perplexing to say the least......

Mensur MUJDZA has completed his move to Bury from Freiburg for £6,000,000

Giovanni PASQUALE has completed his move to Bury from Udinese Calcio for £1,100,000 plus Julián SPERONI

Joseph YOBO has completed his move to Bury from Fenerbahçe SK in a swap deal for Matías CAMPOS and Andrai JONES

Another trio who will help our push for promotion, sad to let Campos leave as rate him very high but just dont see him braking into a big team yet for first team football.

ST Matavz is still looking for a home, the 25 year old is not even making my bench any more if anyone is intrested in a 88 who can grab goals make a offer has a goal ratio of just over 1 in every 2 games for me and better when you look at the assist side of things as well. Been a part of 24 goals in 20 games for my club.

A win and a loss for us in the last two games keeps us pottering about in no mans land, we lost 4-3 to Wrexham but we got back on the winning track tonight with a 2-1 win over Huddersfield, with just 10 games to go we are 11 points off the play-offs so unless we hit a miracle run.

We have Notts County next which should be fun.

Harry Redknapp steered Bury to victory against Bradford City.

Bury beat Bradford City 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Corona had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Love, Fabiano and Kurtič were amongst the goalscorers.

My Brazil duo yet again showing together they can get goals, we have now a out side chance of altomatic promotion so fingers crossed.

Swindon Town beat Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Tough game last night as we slogged it out with Blackburn. Nick Marsman put in a stunning performance to keep another clean sheet, while El Nenny scored a scrappy goal at the other end to give us the 3 points.

Ivan Marcano picked up a serious injury that has finished his season. In fact, that will be the last time he will play in a Swindon shirt. IRL his move from Rubin Kazan to Porto is probably a good thing but since he joined us he has not made the impact we expected. Once his TB has expired we will try & recover as much of the £7.5m fee we paid for him. However, his injury does leave us stretched for cover at the back. We have a replacement in mind but was hoping to fund that with the money from selling Marcano.

So back to the drawing board as they say.... :confused:

After careful consideration, I have decided to let Andy Carroll leave the club. I will be looking for a lower rated replacement and cash. If your interested throwing a bid or PM me =)

The price set for Carroll is $12 million

I may consider players in other positions (i.e. defense) as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqST3Y0uNHDGmloy6OtGwJtmJgmGPIGoq4x5LHRBzgbhLT_zD4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa8OzTku0GsLEXbHCZnFzZiRkW2DAcps6KY5SZFzuyO6GAR2GpQA

Bury Manager Takes On Press Head First!

Since taking over League Two side Bury on the 29th of December 2013 young English coach Mattuie Beckett has had a lot to prove. The young coach is having his best season with Bury this time around and is sitting nice in 5th with the season taking a dramatic twist every game. Bury who have won there past four games now sit only two points behind 3rd place and Beckett has came out saying with the right push his team can go all the way and get promotion to League One football. It has been a long time coming since Bury won promotion and have been on a down hill fall since then but now the fans and players are behind a new coach and seem to have brought into his way of playing and getting on with the ins and outs at the club, and many think it is only a matter of time before big teams come calling. But one thing is for sure the chairman needs to start backing the manager more if he wants big things from his club. Beckett has made his feelings know this season spending just under 78 million to put a squad together he felt can do the job, and now he has said to the boys at the club dont let us down now we are doing so well, its one last push there were over the line and can start the summer party. Many are asking who will be leaving young English DM Jack Livermore has been told he can leave if the right offer comes in and the manager has made it clear there is no place for young ST Tim Matavz after a reported training ground bust up. Beckett has thanked the fans for there suport this season and had this to say:

Many questioned if I was the right man for the job when I first took over, but the fans got behind me from the get go and now im trying my best to prove to them im the man who can take this team to the bigger leagues, they have not seen promotion for three seasons now and I hope I can be the one to bring them there. Bury have a great fan bace and now have players like Love and Yobo in the squad for the fans to see game in and game out, I have spent big this season and feel I made the right moves now its only a matter of time not if but when will this squad get the promotion they are craving for.