English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Queens Park Rangers beat Swindon Town 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Carrillo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Wickham was also on the scoresheet for his side.

What an important win for us tonight! What a debut for Carrillo! He was the man of the match, scoring a goal and always being dangerous to Swindon's defence. We faced a really good opponent tonight, Nicholas Fursse is a great manager (and a great and funny reporter also :P) and Swindon is in great shape and should have a place in the play-offs when the season ends. So i'm happy with my team performance tonight, i believe it was a deserved win in a great match. I felt like we were facing Russia's NT tonight! But my team overcame, we were strong! And we had Denisov on our side ofc B) And Swindon's scouts missed on Carrillo obviously, not their fault though :P Good luck reaching the play-offs in the end Nicholas, i think you will get it and i'm cheering for you.

So, 5 matches to play in Division 3, we're 7th, still out of top 6, but only 3 points from 3rd. Our goal is to get a play-off place and i believe we will make it!

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

What an important win for us tonight! What a debut for Carrillo! He was the man of the match' date=' scoring a goal and always being dangerous to Swindon's defence. We faced a really good opponent tonight,,,,,,,,,,, [/quote']

Thanks for your kind words Andre, it was indeed an important match but you fully deserved the win. We never really recovered from going 2-0 down so quickly!!

You are a great manager too and I couldn't make up my mind which formation you would choose so, for the first time ever, I clicked on the "Scout Opposition" button and, do you know what, my Assistant Manager actually got something right for once & he even predicted that Connor Wickham would start!!

Good luck too with getting a play-off place, I think you have earned one after all you have done for your club. Just 5 games left and its getting very interesting as always. Well done to Cardiff for confirming their automatic promotion, sad and surprised to see a team like Leicester on the verge of relegation to Div4. When I joined this set-up I remember they were on the verge of reaching Div1! It also looks as if Rochdale's time in the 3rd division is about to come to an end too.

2dm5avt.png

Long Term Servant Rami Departs

Adil+Rami+Liverpool+v+AC+Milan+dvgDoR_ZRJgl.jpg

After more than 200 games, and 7 seasons at the club, Aston Villa today announced that Adil Rami has left the team to join the ambitious Division 5 outfit Eastbourne Borough. The fee believed to be £20m will see the Frenchman becoming the third high profile defender to leave the club this season following early season departures of Alex Sandro and Micah Richards. This seemingly leaves Aston Villa really short at the back and the club will now rely to either make a big splash in the Summer, or continue to work with the youth policy, having brought their entire defence from the youth ranks.

Aston Villa thanks Adil Rami for his service at the club, and wishes him all the success at his new club.

Aston Villa's dealings this season:

image.png

out.png

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

Gillingham bid farewell to English striker Andy Carroll and has joined the revolution at Eastbourne Borough for $13 million. It was a good deal for both side, we needed to money to get us out of debt and to revamp the squad with more depth and Eastbourne wanted another striker. The fact that Carroll went to level 3 concerns was a determinative factor in selling him but I'm glad that we are out of debt for the first time since I have been at the club.

The Gills managed to grab a crucial 2-1 win over Forest Green Rovers with goals from on loan defender Florian Gardos and Andre Almeida. Defender Gardos played in an unfamiliar defensive midfield role and was excellent, grabbing the crucial first goal. The loan signings have bedded in well so far and we can hopefully pull ourselves out of the bottom three however with five games to go, it doesn't seem very likely.

On the transfer front

Gonzalo JARA has completed his move to Gillingham from 1. FSV Mainz 05 for 1,700,000 plus Tim VÄYRYNEN

We invested some of the Carroll money into Chilean international Gonzalo Jara. He had something that we dearly wanted, versatility. Given the fact, that we have so many matches coming thick and fast in the coming days, we needed a player who can play so many positions (centre back, right back, right wingback, right wing, central midfield and defensive midfield) and at a cut price of $1.7 plus a player, it wasn't difficult to understand why I got Jara.

My first transfer had a Glory Days signature, versatility and he did well on debut against Rovers, hopefully a sign of things to come.

In bad news, Austrian defender Aleksander Dragovic who got the Man of the Match honours but is out for the season and for the start of the next season with a 5 week injury. The Gills have been dealt a horrible hand as injuries continue to mar our chances of getting away from relegation.

The injuries/exclusions we have so far:

Aleksander Dragovic (5 weeks)

Jon Flanagan (1 day) however he was previously out for 5-6 weeks

Kevin Constant (3 weeks)

Erik Pieters (1 week) however was previously out for 2 weeks

Sidney Sam (1 match suspension)

Carlisle United have broken their transfer record by signing Luuk DE JONG from Borussia Mönchengladbach

I'm very happy with this signing, paid for with the N'Zonzi fee and cup-final takings. Hopefully De Jong will be a great fit in the squad and will link up well with his compatriot Stijn Schaars.

Soldado move on, while Michel Bastos and Balas Dzsudzsak join B'ham - deal that the Everton manager couldn't really turn down, but Soldado wasn't my first choice and always been a fan of Dzsudzsak - always seems to score a lot on here and always a player i look at signing in some setups. Bastos was somewhat of an idol of mine when I was younger, gone off the radar these past few seasons but prefer him to Pasqual.

I would still like to do some more deals, but my squad is getting less and less impressive by the day as I keep doing deals for.... not so good players. I'm making Giuliano and Kramer unavailable, while offers for Son, Remy and co are welcomed, don't expect me to be easy to negotiate with.

Soldado move on' date=' while Michel Bastos and Balas Dzsudzsak join B'ham - deal that the Everton manager couldn't really turn down, but Soldado wasn't my first choice and always been a fan of Dzsudzsak - always seems to score a lot on here and always a player i look at signing in some setups. Bastos was somewhat of an idol of mine when I was younger, gone off the radar these past few seasons but prefer him to Pasqual.

I would still like to do some more deals, but my squad is getting less and less impressive by the day as I keep doing deals for.... not so good players. I'm making Giuliano and Kramer unavailable, while offers for Son, Remy and co are welcomed, don't expect me to be easy to negotiate with.[/quote']

Nearly spat out my Cheerios when that counter offer came in :eek::P

But nah as you said it was something I couldn't really so no to. Nice to get a new strike partner in to challenge Dzeko and now I can look to move out Vucinic. Hope the players and cash help you out pal :)

Domestically it's all fallen apart and just a case of securing some more European footy for next season, but were into the shield semis now after a fantastic turn around in the quarter finals after being 3-0 down in the first leg to win 4-3 overall. Go go assistant manager :eek:

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Swansea City and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Pereyra scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Raffael and Bacca were also amongst the goalscorers.

Back to back wins for QPR brings us up to 4th place! We are where we want to be! Now we hope to successfully defend our play-off spot. Playing like tonight will get us close to achieve our goal.

Swindon Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Bristol City in their Division 3 fixture.

A pretty dull game for a derby match. However, our stadium was fully packed last night, just a shame we couldn't repay the fans with something to cheer about.

Both sides were forced to field a weak team due to fitness concerns, injuries and suspensions. The maximum rating I could put out was 85 and Bristol City's must have been about the same.

We conceded a sloppy goal in the first half and had Nick Marsman to thank for not going further behind. Second half was dreadful with both sides tiring early despite making substitutions. We managed a couple of chances that came to nothing but in the last 20 minutes neither side could muster anything.

As a result we drop to 6th place, still in the play-off zone but with several clubs hot on our tail.

With Cardiff already promoted and Tranmere just a few points from clinching the second automatic promotion spot, the next couple of games will be crucial in determining who gets a crack at the play offs.

I hope it can be us but, even if we miss out, I am very happy with the way we have performed again this season. I'm also chuffed that gate attendances are up, averaging double figures this season!! B)

Kris Iankov back for second time at Rotherham United

After 260 games in Gw7777(22 with Rotherham United),the bulgarian manager decide again to be part of this adventure.The legendary Blackburn manager who have more than 140 games with them will face new challange in div.5 where Rotherham United are looking to get promotion.He is replacing David Garvock who was fired due to not meeting the targets for the team: to be in the playoff zone.The bulgarian will have 4 games and 7 points gap between the 8th place and the playoff zone but the board provide that the manager will be in the team next season even if they don't be in the first 5 teams.They also will ready to give him the colossal for Div.5 amount of around 60M for transfers.

Kris Iankov back for second time at Rotherham United

After 260 games in Gw7777(22 with Rotherham United)' date='the bulgarian manager decide again to be part of this adventure.The legendary Blackburn manager who have more than 140 games with them will face new challange in div.5 where [/size']Rotherham United are looking to get promotion.He is replacing David Garvock who was fired due to not meeting the targets for the team: to be in the playoff zone.The bulgarian will have 4 games and 7 points gap between the 8th place and the playoff zone but the board provide that the manager will be in the team next season even if they don't be in the first 5 teams.They also will ready to give him the colossal for Div.5 amount of around 60M for transfers.

Welcome back. Good luck. Another div 5 side with cash to burn. Hopefully keeps the internal market busy like last few weeks

A 2-1 win for us against MK Dons, Schmeltzer and Keissling on target for us.

A couple of big transfer business at Bolton.

Out goes Dante and in comes Ranocchia & Virgil Van Dijk in a trade with Blackpool.

ACCEPTED BID:

Draxler is having a medical at Manchester United in a part-exchange deal that will see Ezequiel Monoz & Kevin De Bruyne join up at Bolton along with a few million.

Both of these deals are good for the team giving us extra depth and should help us push for promotion next season.

Still a move or two in the negotiations so maybe more transfer news to come.