• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The Gills managed to pull out a sensational 2-1 win over Ipswich Town with goals to Austrian midfielder Andreas Ivanschitz and German winger Sidney Sam. Although we gave away a late penalty, the result in my eyes was never in doubt.

We climb to 22nd and are within one point of 21st placed Crewe Alexandria with three games to go, it looks like the Gills have to get at least a point in every encounter.

In transfer news

Free Agent Craig FORSYTH has completed his move to Gillingham for 2,655,000

Gillingham signed Scottish utility man Craig Forsyth as a free agent. Considering his ability to play as a left fullback, left winger and central midfielder, his versatility will be invaluable.

In terms of the financial aspect, we bought a $3.5 million player for $2.7 million which saved us a handy $800k and for a club that had over $7 million in debt before Andy Carroll was sold, every little bit helps.

Forsyth made his league debut today and played superbly grabbing an 8 rating which was among our best performers on the day.

Now we face a tough Wrexham outfit on the weekend

Queens Park Rangers beat Tranmere Rovers 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi scored both of the goals for Queens Park Rangers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Impressive win and impressive performance from my team tonight, deservedly beating a pretty strong Tranmere side, who confortably sits 2nd in the league and were unbeaten for 13 matches! We picked the right tactic for this match, it worked perfectly as we clearly dominated possession. Then the genius and inspiration of Brahimi made the rest, just like it did in real life tonight :D

Brahimi is magic! B)

We jumped to 3rd and we should be able to secure a play-off spot this season! Not guaranteed yet though. 2nd place is still possible for us due to our win tonight, but it's highly unlikely.

Blackpool look set to miss out on champions league football next season after a 3-3 draw at old trafford. Now leaves us six points adrift with two games left so only a huge miracle will change our fate.

Still been a good season for us and still aiming for fifth. Rating wise we are a bit weaker than last seasons title winning team but the future looks pretty good for us. Good depth with some talented youngsters and the best cash balance weve ever had :)

Hopefully make a big signing in the off season, to add to dante and get back into the cl :D

Milik is off to Spurs for 7 million.

We are in the final stages of negotiations for Strootman leaving, if all goes well we will make a statement as soon as we can.

Alvaro Negredo is available for transfer, the preferred option would be to part-exchange for a central/attacking midfielder or a winger but I suppose we might be open to cash as well, decent 91 rated striker under 30, I would hope there is some interest.

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 36

Hey guys. Been a couple of weeks since I did this due to being on holiday, should be able to do the remaining games of the season. Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 17th September 2014. I have chosen a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Vorm (Shorpe)

Right Back: Rukavina (Oxford)

Center Back: Mangala (Southampton)

Center Back: Schenkeveld (Aldershot)

Left Back: Gibbs (Southampton)

Center Midfield: Krsticic (Blackburn)

Center Midfield: Schaars (Carlisle)

Center Midfield: Boussoufa (Oldham)

Right Forward: Sanchez (Newcastle)

Center Forward: Derley (Aldershot)

Left Forward: Diabate (Altincham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Oxford defender Antonio Rukavina!!!!

rukavina.jpg

Very rare for a defender to win the player of the round, but Rukavina had an excellent game last night. The 30 year old right back was part of a five man defense for Oxfords trip to Stockport. Rukavina opened the scoring in the 18th minute with a headed rebounding in off the post. His defending was excellent as Oxford kept a clean sheet. Late in the game the Serbian doubled the lead, this time beating two players and passing the ball into the bottom corner. The match finished 2-0, and he deservadly his first the MOM award in English football. His performance moved Oxford to the top of division four with three games remaining, and promotion a big possability.

criticisms for my business?? thought i did great to bring him in. philipp max might be new in the game' date=' wrong rating, whatever... but i needed him period. we'll see where he gets us[/quote']

trading Davies was a bad move though.

how will he fit in when he gets a -10?

Negotiations for Strootman have broken down so it looks like he may be staying unless things change before the end of the season.

We have decided to increase the numbers by bringing in three players from external.

Rafael Sobis 4.2 mill

Alexandr Sheshukov 4 million

Dieumerci Mkobani 5.5 million

Bury sell Eboue for 7.1m after he signed for 4.3m so made a nice return on him we have also been spending again, Palombo 88 (6.1m) - Plasil 88 (6.1m) - O'Shea 87 (5.1m) - Selassie 87 (6.3m) all four will be in tonight's clash with 2nd place Oldham so should be a very hard match to get anything out of, hope to get a point doe.

Fabiano 87 can leave for cash if no one take a like to him only will go to external.

Love 89 can also leave for around 10m if anyone wants him or ill be keeping him.

Queens Park Rangers beat Leicester City 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Darder was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A nice win for us. Nothing changed. It looks like we will end up this season in 3rd place, which is very good in my first season here, specially considering our poor start. From the first 15 league matches of the season, we only won 3!! :o We were in relegation zone back there, and we made an amazing recover which will likely end with us getting 3rd place! I'm happy. Let's see if we have some luck in the play-offs and hopefully manage to get a desired promotion!

Set for another tense couple of days next week with the play offs, think doing well to sneak over the line. Giroud & Schniederlin should be back for the semi's.

Hiljemark is thoroughly enjoyed with his chance to show himself off, Akpom will start both remaining games.

Blackpool 1-1 Tottenham

Blackpool didnt have much to play for with Europa League qualificaiton guaranteed, but we are happy to end Tottenhams title challenge. Dos Santos scored for Spurs in the third minute, there former player Salomon Rondon came off the bench to break there hearts with the equaliser. Rondons 10th league goal of the season and joint top scorer in all competitions with 21 goals, a fantastic debut season for the £15.5million signing.

Stay 7th and our final game on Wednesday is a pretty meaningless game agaisnt Charlton (14th). Some squad players will get a chance to impress me in the final match for next season.

A nice win for us. Nothing changed. It looks like we will end up this season in 3rd place' date=' which is very good in my first season here, specially considering our poor start. [b']From the first 15 league matches of the season, we only won 3!![/b] :o We were in relegation zone back there, and we made an amazing recover which will likely end with us getting 3rd place! I'm happy. Let's see if we have some luck in the play-offs and hopefully manage to get a desired promotion!

You've done a great job with QPR and even though you'll likely miss out on automatic promotion; you will at least be in the top play-off spot and so play the weakest of the four teams.

Good luck for the remaining two games.

After their result against Doncaster Rovers, Carlisle United are now unbeaten in 12 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Really happy that now the focus has shifted solely to the league we have managed to pick up wins and draws from every game - causing us to leap from just above the relegation zone to 6th.

This means that we're now officially challenging for a play-off spot!

The next game will be a tough one though as we face top of the table and already promoted Cardiff City before our final game against Blackburn Rovers. Both matches will be played away from home.

Transfer News: Maxime Lestienne has left us as his parent club Aston Villa recalled him to sell him to Hartlepool for a big fee. Great business for both teams and thanks to Maxime for all he's done for us over the last two seasons.

Another attacking midfielder: Miroslav Stevanovic signs on loan for the remainder of the season as a much needed replacement. Thanks to the Millwall manager for a simple transaction.

If anyone's interested in a new job or joining EC7777, and happens to be on the forum soon after this has been posted: I have just rejected the Derby County job as I received no messages of interest for it and want them to have a new manager before their next game.

You've done a great job with QPR and even though you'll likely miss out on automatic promotion; you will at least be in the top play-off spot and so play the weakest of the four teams.

Good luck for the remaining two games.

Thanks Adriano, appreciated!

Your season with Carlisle is just outstanding! After all your success in both Cups, you're now challenging for a play-off spot! Amazing. I hope you get it and i wish you good luck! Cheers mate.