English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Ben Newman was unable to prevent a Preston North End defeat to Sheffield United.

Preston North End slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Sheffield United in their Division 1 fixture.

Agbonlahor and Granero were amongst the goalscorers.

Preston will once again be playing on Monday nights next season, as this defeat to Sheffield United confirms our relegation from the PL. It was a fair result, so I can't complain on this occasion. Good game, Gonzodan. Well done mate (sorry for the injury to Koke).

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 37

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for games played on Saturday 20th September 2014. I have chosen a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Sirigu (Plymouth)

Right Back: Ivanovic (Chelsea)

Center Back: Kana-Biyik (Gilingham)

Center Back: Elustondo (Wycombe)

Left Back: Vila (Blackburn)

Right Midfield: Schelotto (Brighton)

Center Midfield: Martins (Newport)

Center Midfield: Ki (Reading)

Left Midfield: Silva (Man City)

Striker: Cavani (Newcastle)

Striker: Heskey (Watford)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Watford legenary striker

Emile Heskey!!!!

heskey.jpg

The striker isnt renowed for his goal scoring prowess, but the big center forward scored an excellent hat-trick as Watford thrashed Aldershot 5-0 at Vicarage Road. He created the opening goal in the fourth minute, he got his first goal with a delicate flick past the keeper. Heskey doubled his tally after the hour with powefull free-kick into the top corner. The hat-trick was completed with four minutes remaining with a lucky scuffed shot that crept past De Sanctis.

14th league goal this season for Heskey, a decent return for someone who "can't score". 38 goals in 80 starts for Watford is also very impressive.

GLORY DAYS steered Gillingham to victory against Wrexham.

Gillingham outclassed Wrexham and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kana-biyik scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Forsyth was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Gillingham managed another unlikely result with a 2-0 win over Wrexham, goals to Cameroon central defender Jean Kana Biyik and Scottish midfielder Craig Forsyth.

It was a great result for our side and the win was made even better because we have gotten out of the bottom three! Its the first time since I've been managing the Gills that I haven't been in the relegation zone however the job isn't done yet with two more matches against Barnsley and Notts County but if we can maintain our intensity and desire, we may still have hope for staying in Division Two.

I make a special mention to Scottish utility man Craig Forsyth who has made a dynamite debut with an 8 rating in the previous match and then a 9 rating this time round. For a cut price of $2.7 million, we certainly are getting our moneys worth.

Araujo Raffael join Rotherham United

The experienced forward will join div.5 team in helping them get a promotion next season.He comes for around 12M and that make him the most valuable player in our squad.In addiotion to him Rotherham also bough 4 other players and they are:Bradley Johnson from Union Berlin for 4.2M,Roman Bezus from Dynamo Kiev for 4.8M,Gabriele Angella from Udiniese for 5.8M and Sebastian Langkamp in p/e deal for Maiello and 2M.The manager say that still will search to make 1-2 transfers,his target will be to get classy CM.

706.png

MK DONS

First time posting in here, didn't realise this GW forum was so active still.

MK Dons are 2 points away from guaranteed safety in Division 2 which could be clinched tonight if results go our way. If we can get across the line then it'll be one of my favourite achievements on SM considering we were 10 points adrift from safety when I took over. Since then we've been averaging over 2 points per game (W11, D2, L4) which is promotion form! :eek:

The squad is in pretty decent shape with Berardi and Choupo-Moting delivering the goods in recent weeks. Our last two games are against 4th place Southampton and champions Chelsea so we will probably need Crewe to drop points to guarantee safety.

Open to P/E deals but only if they benefit the starting eleven. Drop me a message if you're interested in anyone.

Another season of european football secured at goodison park :D pretty much all we can tend to hope for nowadays cant stay in it long enough to challange for the title lol.

Looking to shake things up so literally everybody apart from Cahill and Dzeko are up for sale. Can either do two for ones on my end for some newer players, or trade out for some lesser rated. Hit me up in game if interested :)

Two away games left for Swindon Town to secure a place in the Div 3 play-offs.

Despite a 2-1 defeat to Tranmere Rovers at the weekend we still sit in 5th spot so destiny remains in our own hands.

It won't be easy though as our recent form has not been great as my small squad is tiring now. Plus 6 out of 7 of our 88+ rated players are unavailable due to fitness or injury.

Our long serving skipper, Christian Noboa, who was the only remaining squad member since I first took on this job, has now left for Hartlepool for a 12m fee. It was a strange time to put him on the TL I know, but I wanted to have an external bid already waiting for season end so I could start doing some business during the break. So when Hartlepool made an unexpected bid we decided to accept immediately.

Besides, no-one at this club is indispensable except for me :D

Anyhow, we wish Christian good luck with his new club and thank him for his many seasons of valued service to The Robins.

A new skipper will be appointed during the close season.

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa sign Diego Costa from Wrexham

Club captain Mamadou Sakho and Alexandre Pato shown door

ed5d7c59845d9334acdc6171509be3e5.jpg

Aston Villa appear to already have one eye on the new season after last night agreeing a deal that will send Spains prolific goalscorer Diego Costa to Villa Park. The fee is believed to be £2m with the additions of long serving club captain Mamadou Sakho, and striker Alexandre Pato who's been seen as a hit and miss at his time here having scored 37 goals in 108 games.

Mamadou Sakho, who spent his whole career at Villa Park, having come through the youth academy has played 246 league games for the club, wearing the captains armband on 205 occasions and scoring 11 goals.

Diego Costa has scored 10 goals in 30 appearances for Wrexham this season setting up a further 11 goals to his team mates. He will arrive to Villa Park with high expectations especially from home supporters who were not all happy to see fan favourite Sakho leave the club.

Speaking to Villa.TV Costa said:

Aston Villa is a historic club. A massive club. My mission now is to help them get to where they belong and that is Division 1. We have the right group of players here to be capable of that, and I'm sure if we all work hard over the summer, the results will come.

Manager Frozy also addressed the media:

First of all I want to thank Mamadou for being a terrific captain. He was the heart and soul of the club, but sometimes you need to make a sacrifice to reap rewards. I would of course also like to thank Alexandre for all the goals, and a positive attitude in training everyday. I'm sure they will both do really well at Wrexham and I wish them all the best.

Diego Costa is a unique striker that we needed here at the club ever since the departure of Karim Benzema. He is a nightmare for any defence in the world and we're certainly glad it's not our defenders who will come up against him next season. Me and all the staff here would love to welcome him at the club and wish him a successful career.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

758.png

ruts66 vacates the manager's office at Torquay United in order to take up the new challenge offered at The Globe Arena.

Previous gaffer Neil Matterson departed his young Shrimps side in decent shape - 28 players, average rating 83, average age 21, average value £4.1m, total value £116.6m, average wage £14k, total wages £392k, average weekly loss c. £400k.

Morecambe currently sit in 16th place in Division 3 just 1 point behind Torquay.

With just a couple of league fixtures remaining before the end of season break the new manager will immediately seek to address the slight imbalance in the squad plus the 5 (level 2/3) concerns.

The aim is to largely maintain the youthful, lower-rating approach with some added strength and experience down the spine of the team. One or two luxury players may depart to facilitate this, pending suitable offers.

When I took over the reigns at Bolton this season the club was 12 million in debt but it was a great squad, there were players unfit and a few injured players along with a few big stars who had high level of concerns so changes had to be made.

David Alaba made way for Javi Martinez & Schmeltzer plus the cash lump of 10 million.

Julian Draxler left for De Bruyne & Munoz & 3 million.

Bonfim Dante left for Rannochia and Van Dijk.

We sold off Milik, Palacios-Martinez, Braithwaite, Nedyalkov & Giliano Wijnaldum for a combined 20.8 million.

We also brought in Mbokani, Sobis & Sheshukov for a combined 14.2 million.

We brought in another 7 youngsters for a combined 4.9 million with 2.7 million being spent on Davie Selke who I am a big fan of and think has a good future.

We have reduced the players with concerns down to just two players Keissling and Strootman(both level 2 concern), Strootman is injured so his concerns should not rise any higher at the minute and Keissling has been played in every game no matter what fitness so hopefully we will see a reduction of his Concern level soon.

We have most of the injured players back and barring any new injuries in the last few games of the season, we will go into the new season with a full squad bar the injured Strootman.

Our squad is a 20 man first team rated 86-92, we have all positions covered although we are still a bit light in the wingslots, in the youth team we have Julian Green & Julian Brandt as cover for the wings and Marian Sarr as cover for the CB slot, these may be youngsters and low rating but they have amassed 46 appearances plus a dozen subs appearances between them this season so have already been introduced to the first team action and performed well enough.

We are the 8th manager in at Bolton and we aim to do what none of the other managers before us have done and give some sort of trophy to the Bolton fans, there has never been a promotion, a play-off nor a cup final so even getting one of them would be nice next season for my first full season at the helm of Bolton.

My first 15 games have been okay considering we were changing out concerned players, getting players back to fitness and bring in new players etc our record is 6 wins, 7 defeats and 2 draws, hopefully next season we can do better than that.

Just Mamadou Sakho and Alexandre Pato plus a bit of cash for Diego Costa. Wow.

Someone got ripped

Not the best for wrexham but they need depth. Doing the same for gabi and rakitic and you can say the same bout them offers but aslong as hes happy.

Great signing frozen. Big chance of promition with him in your team

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Accrington Stanley and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Wickham and Denisov were also amongst the goalscorers.

A dominant performance to assure 3rd place this season. We will be playing the play-offs for promotion, facing 6th placed, whoever it will be, in the first match.

José HOLEBAS has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from Olympiacos for 3,456,000
Sergio ARAUJO has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from Boca Juniors for 3,889,000
Mijat GAĆINOVIĆ has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from FK Vojvodina for 1,686,000

Three nice signings for us for CV! Holebas and Sergio Araujo add depth and quality to the team, and Gacinovic has big potential for the future.

GLORY DAYS steered Gillingham to victory against Barnsley.

Gillingham beat Barnsley 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Ivanschitz scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jara was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Gillingham produced another stellar performance with a 2-1 win over upper midtable side Barnsley. Goals to Ivanschitz and Gonzalo Jara were enough to pull off another unexpected victory with four wins in our last five matches, we now sit in 19th place which is three points away from the relegation drop zone.

When I took over the club, the Gills were severely lacking depth in the club with a plethora of talents young untested strikers and unless I played four up front (which I was very unlikely to do), I think that the additions of versatile players Gonazalo Jara and Craig Forsyth has boosted our ranks and has given me more options in the midfield and at the back.

However it seems that I have put the curse on Craig Forsyth who just picked up a six week injury so I won't see him in the foreseeable future but he played well eventhough he picked up an injury.

A special mention must be given to loan signings of Gardos, Bubnjic and Abella who have added quality and depth to our side and who knows, I may want to enquire about their services again next season.

The objective for the final game of the season against relegation threatened Notts County is not to lose (either win or get a draw) will be enough for us to stay up in Division Two but the good thing is that we are in control of our own destiny.

criticisms for my business?? thought i did great to bring him in. philipp max might be new in the game' date=' wrong rating, whatever... but i needed him period. we'll see where he gets us[/quote']

Hes now being retired for the wrong rating and you will get £7.6 million at end of season. Overall you lost about £5million for having him for 3-5 games. Still think it was a great buy? :P

Hes now being retired for the wrong rating and you will get £7.6 million at end of season. Overall you lost about £5million for having him for 3-5 games. Still think it was a great buy? :P

He is actually quite fortunate that SM decided to retire the player instead of giving him the -10. If they had done that then he would have lost out big time.

I don't want to embarrass anyone but this just goes to show that when you sign players, you really need (just like in real life) to do your homework properly.

He is actually quite fortunate that SM decided to retire the player instead of giving him the -10. If they had done that then he would have lost out big time.

I don't want to embarrass anyone but this just goes to show that when you sign players' date=' you really need (just like in real life) to do your homework properly.[/quote']

Repped

OMG THERES A BARCA KID ON THE DB TODAY!!!!! QUICK SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON HIM

£1 million a game' date=' he is an allstar.

;2994720']Repped

OMG THERES A BARCA KID ON THE DB TODAY!!!!! QUICK SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON HIM

Haha yeah then find out he is playing for Barcelona SC in Ecuador :)

Aston Villa have finished Thirteenth in Division 2.
Aston Villa have been awarded £970,234 in prize money.

Diego Costa scored a hat trick to end our season on a high beating promoted Millwall 4-3. Couple of low rated youngsters got a run out including new signing Terence Kongolo.

Congrats to all champions/promoted/and Houdinis.

I think it is testament to my team that 11 players, whilst at Chelsea this season, have managed to get onto the end of season average performance top 25 for div 2. The boys have done me proud this year.

Special congratulations to Robben, Reus and Di Natale who all bagged a hatful of goals. Reus, Fabregas and Oscar also all managed to get a boggling amount of assists.

All in all we finish on 98 points, with no major injuries to note and a goal difference of positive 53.

Very proud of the team, but there is much to be done in the transfer market if we are to push on next year.

So let me know if you like someone :D

Blackpool 1-0 Charlton

Blackpool rounded off the season with a 1-0 win at Bloomfield Road. Laurent Koscienly, Salomon Rondon and Enzo Perez the only players from our starting XI to start, with six youngsters getting the chance to impress. One of those was 21 year goalkeeper Alphonse Areloa making his premier league debut with an excellent MOM display. Toze also made his Blackpool and Premier League debut.

Areola (84)

Gomez (83) Koscienly (91) Telles (86)

Danilo (89) Rafa (86) Perez (90) Toze (82) Deulofeu (87)

Rondon (89) Diouf (89)

One of the Blackpool stars came off the bench to secure the win when Iniesta scored in the 76th minute. Gerard Deulofeu with another assist, he came joint top as the most goals created in division one with 18. Only Ronaldo matched that :)

Finished the season in 7th. Not what I had hoped after last seasons 1st, but the squad is rated less than last season so it was to be expected. Hopefully some of the lower players in my squad get rises soon :D

Congrats to Spurs for winning the league on the final day, can't beleive top three all lost lol. Well done to the other league winners and promoted teams, and good luck to those with the horrible prospect of play-offs.