English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Team of the Round - Season 8

Round 38

Hey guys. Here is my final team of the round for this season. I have chosen a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Areola (Blackpool)

Right Back: Iraloa (Shorpe)

Center Back: Manoel (Blackburn)

Center Back: Martinez (Tamworth)

Left Back: Rodriguez (Crystal Palace)

Right Midfield: Klaus (Histon)

Center Midfield: Menez (West Brom)

Center Midfield: Romulo (Cheltenham)

Left Midfield: Valbuena (Shorpe)

Striker: Costa (Aston Villa)

Striker: Martinez (Tranmere)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Tranmere striker Juan Manuel Martinez!!!!

martine.jpg

A fantastic final game of the season for Juan Martinez as he managed to put four past Morecambe, aswell as create one in a 6-1 thrashing. A mastre class in taking free-kicks, with his last three strikers all coming from direct free-kicks. His assist was also a pin-point delivery for Max Kruse to score. Despite just 10 appearnaces this season he has a very impressive goal ratio after finding the net 12 times. That is the best goal ratio in the scoring charts across all five divisions, which should see him feature more next season.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Queens Park Rangers beat AFC Bournemouth 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bravo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Nangis and Casemiro were amongst the goalscorers.

We rested our main players tonight, we had our 3rd place already secured, so our goal was to have a fresh team for the play-offs. Additionaly our subs add a great performance and we won our match tonight. Nice.

Queens Park Rangers have finished 3rd in Division 3.
Queens Park Rangers, have made it into the Division 3 Play-Offs.

Queens Park Rangers have been awarded 1,086,971 in prize money.

Now we will face Adriano's Carlisle in the Play-Off Semi Final... It's probably one of the toughest teams we could face, but we will give our best to beat them and to reach Play-Off Final and fight for promotion! Good luck mate.

GLORY DAYS steered Gillingham to victory against Notts County.

Gillingham beat Notts County 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Barzagli scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Asensio and Rodrigo were also amongst the goalscorers.

GILLINGHAM SAVE THEMSELVES FROM THE RELEGATION DROP TO STAY IN DIVISION TWO!

Gillingham registered a resounding 3-0 win over final relegated side Notts County, goals to captain and MOTM Barzagli and young Spaniards Asensio and Rodrigo. A fine performance where all we needed was a point to secure our division Two status, I was very pleased about the result.

Gillingham have finished Nineteenth in Division 2.

The Gills finished in 19th place. After taking over from a side that was unfit, in debt and in the bottom three (mostly in last spot), I made a few necessary moves in the transfer market (permanently and on loan) in order to firm up the squad and despite having three to four squad members out during my tenor, we still managed to finish the season as the form side of the final rounds (16 points from a possible 18, 5 wins in the last 6 matches)

Looking back, securing the Division Two status of Gillingham while adjusting to three games a week is among my greatest achievements in SM. Glad to have joined the setup and I am looking forward to the next season.

Gillingham will be open to offers for Captain Barzagli, Diego and Kana Biyik, if you are interested, feel free to put in a bid or PM me :)

Adriano Borges was unable to prevent a Carlisle United defeat to Blackburn Rovers.

Carlisle United slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers in their Division 3 fixture.

Following this result, I felt certain we had slipped out of the play-offs just as soon as we rose into them. However...

Carlisle United have finished Sixth in Division 3.

We hold on to the final play-off spot by a single point - missing out on 5th due to Doncaster's superior goal difference.

We now face Queens Park Rangers, the team that finished third, for a place in the final. This will definitely be the most exciting encounter between myself and Andre to date. It is 1st vs 3rd in the form table.

Machines: We rested our main players tonight, we had our 3rd place already secured, so our goal was to have a fresh team for the play-offs.

Well thought through, this will guarantee a strong squad for the all important games. I did similar in the Division 4 play-offs last season after guaranteeing 6th and I'm pretty sure it's what helped me win promotion. I certainly am not looking forward to facing a fresh QPR side! Good luck.

And good luck to all others in the play-offs.

We now face Queens Park Rangers' date=' the team that finished third, for a place in the final. This will definitely be the most exciting encounter between myself and Andre to date. It is 1st vs 3rd in the form table.

[/quote']

Well done guys, and it will surely be a hotly contested semi-final for both your sides!!

Swindon secured 4th spot and a place in the other play-off semi final against Doncaster Rovers. That will be a tough match too but, whatever happens, the prize-money for finishing 4th (>£1m) and the revenue we will get from the play-off will be gratefully received.

I think its quite an achievement that 3 out of the 4 teams that were promoted from Division 4 last season all finished in the top 6 (Tranmere, Carlisle & Swindon). Just goes to show how the gap between the lower divisions is becoming smaller all the time.

Good luck to everyone in the other divisional play-offs as well & well done to the teams already promoted.

Well done guys' date=' and it will surely be a hotly contested semi-final for both your sides!!

Swindon secured 4th spot and a place in the other play-off semi final against Doncaster Rovers. That will be a tough match too but, whatever happens, the prize-money for finishing 4th (>£1m) and the revenue we will get from the play-off will be gratefully received.

I think its quite an achievement that 3 out of the 4 teams that were promoted from Division 4 last season all finished in the top 6 (Tranmere, Carlisle & Swindon). Just goes to show how the gap between the lower divisions is becoming smaller all the time.

Good luck to everyone in the other divisional play-offs as well & well done to the teams already promoted.[/quote']

Good luck in the other semi-final, both are great looking fixtures. It really is fantastic and surprising to see 3/4 of the new boys finishing in the top six.

The great ladies and gentleman of EC 7777. May i present to you the end of season 8 awards, hosted by myself

:P

jJGqxwJa4WgOp.png

It's been yet another exciting season in EC7777, With Tottenham clinching the title on the last day of the season on goal difference ahead of Liverpool, Manchester City and Sheffield Wednesday. Chelsea comfortably won the division 2 and got promoted back to the big time. Eastbourne Borough announced themselves to the setup by splashing over £100m in just over a week. This was just among many great moments in the finest EC out there this season.

So to end this season on a high, I will carry out the award ceremony where you will decide the very best and worst of EC 7777's season 8!

Please PM/VM me with your nominations for the following: (you can ignore certain categories if you're not sure on who to nominate)

Division 1 Manager of the season

Division 1 Player of the season

Division 2 Manager of the season

Division 2 Player of the season

Division 3 Manager of the season

Division 3 Player of the season

Division 4 Manager of the season

Division 4 Player of the season

Division 5 Manager of the season

Division 5 Player of the season

Overall manager of the season

Overall player of the season

Young player of the season (21 and younger)

Old player of the season (35 and over)

Best new manager (joined this season)

Best in the transfer market

Best scout

Best signing

Worst signing

Best forum thread contributor

Best tactician

Biggest over achiever

Biggest under achiever

I will announce the winners On October the 1st!

Good luck with the awards Frozy, they have been well enjoyed for 8 of the 10 seasons in 7046, it is always nice to get a bit of kudos for your seasons achievements, it is a bit of work getting people to fill them out and then collecting them before putting teh awards together but well worth it.

Of your announcing on 1st october(6 days) what is the date entries have to be sent in for and do they need to be sent to you?

Well Cristian Chivu hangs up his boots as I end my first full season as Birmingham manager - 17th place finish wasn't exactly what I had aimed for, but who does? Hardly got the strongest side in the league, particularly after weakening it to strengthen depth with the sales of Arteta and Soldado.

Bring on next season!

Swindon Town beat Doncaster Rovers 2 - 1 on penalties after a 1 - 1 draw in their Play-Off fixture.

Thrilling stuff at County Ground last night in our Div 3 play-off semi final...

Swindon dominated much of the play in front of our noisy home crowd and the ground erupted when our Russian marksman, Artem Dzyuba, clinically finished off a neat pass from Jake Livermore to put us in front.

Doncaster rallied well though and put us under tremendous pressure in the last ten minutes of the first half. Their efforts finally paid off when Jeffrey Bruma took advantage of a sloppy pass & set up Bryan Ruiz to equalise before the break.

In the second half it was Swindon who took the initiative but we were just unable to break the Doncaster defense down. So came the dreaded penalty shoot-out.....

The two goalscorers, Ruiz & Dzyuba, were first up and both scored easily. Following that though, nerves must have got to the players as every other penalty was unbelievably missed,, (Nick Marsman saving 3!!)...

Finally, with the last penalty, Jake Livermore managed to keep his cool and scored the winning kick to take us through to the 3rd Division play-off Final for the second time in the history of our club!!

A great achievement for Swindon and, despite only getting a match rating of 7, we have our young GK, Nick Marsman, to thank for getting us there.

We have a friendly against Notts County tonight before we make the trip up the M4 to Wembley Stadium tomorrow to prepare for our final match against QPR.

Commiserations to Doncaster, Carlisle & the other teams that didn't make it & the best of luck to those who did.

Andre,,, see you tomorrow night!!!!:D

Thrilling stuff at County Ground last night in our Div 3 play-off semi final...

Swindon dominated much of the play in front of our noisy home crowd and the ground erupted when our Russian marksman' date=' Artem Dzyuba, clinically finished off a neat pass from Jake Livermore to put us in front.

Doncaster rallied well though and put us under tremendous pressure in the last ten minutes of the first half. Their efforts finally paid off when Jeffrey Bruma took advantage of a sloppy pass & set up Bryan Ruiz to equalise before the break.

In the second half it was Swindon who took the initiative but we were just unable to break the Doncaster defense down. So came the dreaded penalty shoot-out.....

The two goalscorers, Ruiz & Dzyuba, were first up and both scored easily. Following that though, nerves must have got to the players as every other penalty was unbelievably missed,, (Nick Marsman saving 3!!)...

Finally, with the last penalty, Jake Livermore managed to keep his cool and scored the winning kick to take us through to the 3rd Division play-off Final for the second time in the history of our club!!

A great achievement for Swindon and, despite only getting a match rating of 7, we have our young GK, Nick Marsman, to thank for getting us there.

We have a friendly against Notts County tonight before we make the trip up the M4 to Wembley Stadium tomorrow to prepare for our final match against QPR.

Commiserations to Doncaster, Carlisle & the other teams that didn't make it & the best of luck to those who did.

Andre,,, see you tomorrow night!!!!:D[/quote']

Good luck to yourself and Andre for tomorrow's final. It's going to be a great match.

the great ladies and gentleman of ec 7777. May i present to you the end of season 8 awards' date=' hosted by myself

:P[/size']

jjgqxwja4wgop.png

it's been yet another exciting season in ec7777, with tottenham clinching the title on the last day of the season on goal difference ahead of liverpool, manchester city and sheffield wednesday. Chelsea comfortably won the division 2 and got promoted back to the big time. Eastbourne borough announced themselves to the setup by splashing over £100m in just over a week. This was just among many great moments in the finest ec out there this season.

so to end this season on a high, i will carry out the award ceremony where you will decide the very best and worst of ec 7777's season 8!

please pm/vm me with your nominations for the following: (you can ignore certain categories if you're not sure on who to nominate)

division 1 manager of the season

division 1 player of the season

division 2 manager of the season

division 2 player of the season

division 3 manager of the season

division 3 player of the season

division 4 manager of the season

division 4 player of the season

division 5 manager of the season

division 5 player of the season

overall manager of the season

overall player of the season

young player of the season (21 and younger)

old player of the season (35 and over)

best new manager (joined this season)

best in the transfer market

best scout

best signing

worst signing

best forum thread contributor

best tactician

biggest over achiever

biggest under achiever

i will announce the winners on october the 1st!

bump, 4 days left to vote guys, please take time and do it. Thanks! :)

Argentina Squad Announced

Argentina go into South Africa 2014 as one of the favorites. Mainly due to the attacking quality at disposal. Fitting these all in has been difficult, but very happy with the 23 man squad.

Goalkeepers

Willy Caballero (Bristol Rovers)

Sergio Romero (Altrincham)

Defenders

Pablo Zabaleta (Blackpool)

Cristian Ansaldi (Liverpool)

Marcos Rojo (Queens Park Rangers)

Javier Mascherano (Chelsea) (Vice-Captain)

Ezequiel Garay (West Brom)

Frederico Fernandez (Fleetwood Town)

Nicolas Otamendis (Norwich)

Mateo Musacchio (Wolves)

Midfielders

Enzo Perez (Blackpool)

Angel Di Maria (Leeds)

Ever Banega (Everton)

Lucas Biglia (Barnsley)

Erik Lamela (Crystal Palace)

Javier Pastore (Fulham)

Nicolas Gaitan (Burnley)

Eduardo Salvio (Derby)

Strikers

Lionel Messi (Liverpool)

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

Carlos Tevez (Blackpool) (Captain)

Gonzalo Higuain (Tottenham)

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Southampton)

Div 1

Div 2

Div 3

Div 4

Div 5

Carlos Tevez, who has captained my club so well for many seasons once again gets the nod for my Captain. A poor season for Blackpool with just four league goals, but his international record is excellent with 36 goals in 72 caps. Argentina were drawn in Group G alongside Bosnia and two other South American sides in Colombia and Paraguay. A group we should qualify from, with Colombia being the major test. Hopefully a few more gold managers take charge of a country for this competition :)