English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Hereford 2-2 PNE

Goals from Granero and Agbonlahor saw Preston come from 2-0 down to pick up a point away at Hereford in our first game back in Division 2. Peter Crouch scored a brace for the home side, but luckily our improved second half performance saved my bacon on the opening day.

I forgot to change the in-game instructions, which meant that Pepe was switched in for Paletta in defence at one point in the second half. Thankfully, it didn't come back to bite us. I have no idea why I'd have used that instruction during pre-season anyway, but there you go :P

Good game Paul :)

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Exeter City 0 v 1 STEVENAGE

Brilliant away win thanks to a Jonathan Soriano penalty in 29th minute after Christian Clemens was fouled by Jeffrey Gouweleeuw. ***** Carrillo believed that he had evened the game for the home-side but was ruled offside just before the half-time break.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 1

Hey guys. Finally the new season is upon us. A fresh start for the players and managers to impress. Here are the players who stood out this evening!

Goalkeeper: Muslera (Ipswich)

Center Back: Naldo (Plymouth)

Center Back: Astori (Brighton)

Center Back: Bellusci (Histon)

Right Midfield: Pied (Northampton)

Center Midfield: Cabaye (Colchester)

Center Midfield:Carmona (MK Dons)

Left Midfield: Deulofeu (Blackpool)

Right Striker: Neymar (Arsenal)

Center Forward: Balotelli (Manchester United)

Left Striker: Tevez (Blackpool)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Manchester Uniteds Mario Balotelli!!!!

mario_balotelli.jpg

The controversial striker has struggled to get into the United team, with only 14 starts last season. Tonights performance will surely give Rick something to think about as the Italian scored all five of Uniteds goals in a 5-3 win over Leeds. A sublime 30 yard free kick in the first minute got things rolling. A second goal on the half hour, followed by another beauty free kick completed the hat-trick. Two goals followed after the hour as he managed to out shine Ronaldo on his return to Old Trafford.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Queens Park Rangers and Notts County in their Division 3 fixture.

Siqueira was on the scoresheet for his side.

So disappointed with this... We were leading 2-0 and completely dominating the match until 65' or something... Then, from out of nowhere, without any subs or tactical changes, Notts County started to dominate possession and creating chances and eventually ended up scoring twice to tie the match, and even had a goal disallowed in the last minute of the match! Crazy...

Siqueira-presentaci%C3%B3n-Atl%C3%A9tico-de-Madrid-250x250.jpg

Siqueira scored our two goals! Nott's goalkeeper Rodriguez, who prevented us to score in many situations, was voted MOTM.

Not a good result for us, this is a match we should have won, but we need to move on. We will now face Joshua's Coventry City. It wont be easy, but hopefully we will manage to get a win. Our goal is to get promoted to Division 2, so we will need to win a lot of matches throughout the season and a strong start is very very important!

Tevez - 100 Not out!

tevez.jpg

Carlos Tevez joined an exclusive club tonight after netting his 100th and 101st goals in the Premier League. We expected this to be achieved last season, but injuries and a dip in form prevented this. However he has still been one of the best players in the Premier League.

Manchester City (Season 1) - 4 goals

Stoke (Season 2) - 11 goals

Blackpool (Season 3-9) - 86 goals

Majority of his games has been played in midfield as the creative spark for Blackpool, apart from last season where he was deployed further up field which makes it even more impressive. The other strikers are Rooney (128), Messi (122), Higuain (117), Ibrahimovic (105), Aguero (104), Milito (102) and Dzeko (102).

"I am very proud to have scored over 100 goals in such a diffuclt league. I have to thank my team mates for creating me chances and to the fans for there support. As hard as it may be I want to keep going and be the record goal scorer and win as many trophies as possible!"

- Carlos Tevez

Swindon Town beat Crewe Alexandra 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Couldn't have asked for a better start to our campaign than this.

Nick Marsman (85) kept a clean sheet earning himself another MOTM award.

Maksim Kanunnikov came off the bench to score the winner.

Perfect.......

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Shorpe United

Not the greatest of starts to the season, but getting a point on the board is fine by me.

Muller who has been smashing them in during pre-season, starts well with a goal and MoM.

Next up Hull then Plymouth. Hoping to get more points on the board out of those two games.

Yeovil Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Rushden & Diamonds in their Division 4 fixture.

Not the best way to start the season. It did look like we was going to earn a point when Candreva put the ball in the net with 3 minutes to go but the goal was ruled out due to offside.

Stevenage

Yura Movsisyan joins the club for a fee of £2.7m & two surplus players. (I have taken him on even though he is a risk due to a long term injury irl, like the circumstances Lubo Fejsa is in. I expect both to be playing regularly by mid-end January.

Tyler Blackett also joins the squad from Stoke City for £3m, meaning I have spent a total of £7.7m bringing him and his United teammate Paddy McNair.

Two more arrivals due just have to wait for Transfer Bans to be lifted on some of my players first.