English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Hi all,

Just a quick one, I'm not in this GW but thanks to Frozy am aware of the Rochdale offer.

Can I check, are you saying that they are in £19.8m worth of debt? If so I would be willing to help by taking them over and clearing the debt, leaving them in as solid shape as possible so that a new manager could step in - kinda like a short term fix to help find a longer term manager?

I fear that otherwise they may simply sit there getting worse and that would be unfair to the rest of you.

Happy to help if you want me to but too busy to commit to a GW long term.

let me know either way

Cheers me dears

Ed

Stevenage

Tyler Blackett also joins the squad from Stoke City for £3m' date=' meaning I have spent a total of £7.7m bringing him and his United teammate Paddy McNair.

.[/quote']

I think Blackett will make you money as Van Gaal seems to like him and he has done enough to get a rise with some gametime under his belt, how much of that is down to the defensive frailties I don't know but Mcnair will be lucky to see much gametime at all this season so the 4.7 million outlay for him looks a bit excessive IMO.

Bolton face an away double header with a trip to Molineux and then an away day at Twerton Park, a few changes for the Wolves game with Van Dijk, Sheshukov & Zuniga coming in for Carjaval, Howedes & Schmelzer and Sobis coming in for De Bruyne as we look to keep everyone at full fitness to see us through these three games a week sessions.

We are currently mulling over Man United's bid for Strootman.

New signing John Guidetti is off to QPR on loan as at the minute he is just warming the bench with Negredo, Keissling & Mbokani ahead of him.

2dm5avt.png

Aston Villa sign Phil Jagielka

Jagielka, (32) joins from Stoke City in a £9m deal

Phil+Jagielka+Everton+Training+Session+oMn2Radthfhl.jpg

Aston Villa this morning announced a signing of England International Phil Jagielka for a fee of £9m. The Villains were desperate for a centre back all summer, and have finally managed to land their man to replace former captain Mamadou Sakho.

Speaking to Villa.TV Jagielka said:

I was delighted to sign for Villa. It's a project that's moving forward again after a few years or struggle, and I'm now nearing the end of my career, and would love to once again play in the top flight, hopefully next season.

Manager Frozy also spoke to the press:

Phil was the missing piece to the puzzle. His experience will be vital in replacing Mamadou in the heart of the defence. It looked for a while that we may have to go through the season with only 2 recognizable centre backs, but the addition of Phil is crucial in a division consisting of 46 games. I have no doubt he will become a fan favourite in no time.

Subscribe to Villa.TV today for only £2.99 a month to hear more Aston Villa exclusives.

A nice 1-0 win over Wolves for us tonight, Max Arnold with the goal, as you can see we aim to keep it tight at the back this season as we aim to land ourselves in the play-offs and defence is the best form of attack IMO, two games two clean sheets & 4 points, pleased with the start.

Zuniga picks up an injury but it is minor so will only miss a game or two.

OUT:

32939.jpg

IN:

4165.jpg

We have made a calculated decision to sell Kevin Strootman to Manchester United, in comes Luis Fernandinho and £10.75 million, Kevin is injured for 5 weeks and would miss 15 games added to the fact he is on level 2 concerns I think that we have made the best decision to move him on.

Off to Bath next against the tricky Mr. M looking for our third clean sheet in a row.

PNE 2-0 Fulham

An Esteban Granero brace helped Preston pick up their first win of the season against Fulham. Possession was pretty even, but we managed to take advantage of the higher amount of shots on target. Good game Mike, unlucky mate.

It's been a great start for Granero! That's three goals in the first two games for our AM :)

CARLISLE 2 STOKE 3

Good away win for us' date=' I was pleased with the result.

Great start in my first match.[/quote']

Great debut win for you Craig, it was an exciting match. Shame I had to play most of it with 10 men - that certainly did not help.

I don't know why my players are acting so aggressive this season: 2 games and 2 red cards leaves me not impressed.

Great debut win for you Craig' date=' it was an exciting match. Shame I had to play most of it with 10 men - that certainly did not help.

I don't know why my players are acting so aggressive this season: 2 games and 2 red cards leaves me not impressed.[/quote']

thx

yes we can't get carried away with ourselves coz your player was red carded after only 17 mins which played a big part.

OUT:

32939.jpg

IN:

4165.jpg

We have made a calculated decision to sell Kevin Strootman to Manchester United' date=' in comes Luis Fernandinho and £10.75 million, Kevin is injured for 5 weeks and would miss 15 games added to the fact he is on level 2 concerns I think that we have made the best decision to move him on.[/quote']

Excellent deal for you.

Selling Fernandinho for £4mill + Diaby was the worse thing I ever done in this setup lol. :(

The match ended 1 - 1 between Queens Park Rangers and Coventry City in their Division 3 fixture.

Bravo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bacca was on the scoresheet for his side.

A slow start for us, 2 draws in 2 matches, not completely bad but i was expecting more. Good thing is we're still undefeated :P Next we face Burnley away.

Don't even want to talk about it' date=' lost 3-2 to the Fanatical God Squad[/quote']

lolol :D God is on his side B)

New signing John Guidetti is off to QPR on loan as at the minute he is just warming the bench with Negredo' date=' Keissling & Mbokani ahead of him.[/quote']

Thanks for the loan Dan, he started for us tonight already :P He will get plenty of gametime at this busy stage of the season as we're short upfront.

Great deal for Strootman btw. Cheers!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 1.5

Hey guys. Finally the new season is upon us. A fresh start for the players and managers to impress. Here are the players who stood out this evening!

Goalkeeper: Marchetti (Leicester)

Right Back: Janmaat (Reading)

Center Back: Diaz (Hereford)

Center Back: Kaya (Ipswich)

Left Back: Bennett (Swansea)

Right Midfield: Farfan (Sunderland)

Center Midfield: Granero (Preston)

Center Midfield: Martinez (Morecambe)

Left Midfield: Jokic (Shrewsbury)

Striker: Hoarau (Port Vale)

Striker: El Haddadi (Wimbledon)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Wimbeldon striker Munir El Haddadi!!!!

munir.jpg

El Haddadi is regarded as one of the most exciting talents around, espeically after his start to this season IRL. The 19 year old scored his first hat-trick in 7777, after just his fifth appearance in two seasons. Aswell as some expert shooting, he also has great passing with a hat-trick of assists, as AFC Wimbledon thrashed Barrow 7-0! Despite the low rating it looks like this could be the season he flourishes for Wimbledon, who has a great record of developing young players.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Cardiff City in their Division 2 fixture.

As expected a cagey game against Cardiff. Last season they beat us twice fairly easily so I am not unhappy with the point.

There wasn't much to excite the home fans with both teams only managing a single shot on target.

Riviere opened the scoring with a penalty after a rare mistake from Ragnar Sigurdsson. Charles (after-shave) Kabore then equalised with a bullet header that the groundsman later confirmed had actually broken the net.

Nice to see our stadium filling up now that we are in the second tier.

HannahB steered Yeovil Town to victory against Brentford.

Yeovil Town beat Brentford 4 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Vidal scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Danilo and Solari were also amongst the goalscorers.

A good win to get the season up and running.

New signing Fernandinho goes straight into the squad to face Bath.

1128705_Bolton_Wanderers.jpg

SUBSTITUTES

• Javi Martinez
  • Negredo
  • Zuniga
  • Ranoccia
  • Munoz
  • Sobis
  • Arnold

I can remember the good old days when in this division a 90 rated player was as rare as a Hereford victory.

Speaking of which, Hereford beat Villa 2-0 last night, a big improvement after our opening day draw with Preston, where we managed to turn a 2-0 lead into a 2-2 draw.

Welcome to all the new managers that have joined since the end of last season.

Blackpool 3-0 Hamburger SV

Blackpool kicked off there Europa League campaign with a comfortable win in Germany. Two changes from the team that beat Chartlon, Alex Telles coming into defence in place of Laurent Koscienly, and Salomon Rondon started upfront with Adriano dropping to the bench.

After last seasons dissapointing season, Carlos Tevez looked back to his best with another brace tonight, and a second MOM in three days. Asamoah also scored for Blackpool.

3rd defeat on the spin for Birmingham in whats been an atrocious start to the new campaign. Only two goals in the side so far, and fitness is catching up on key players - all of which look set to have to sit out against Hereford on Saturday.

Still looking for a new home for Remy, Bodmer and Gouffran.