English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

PNE 0-2 Southampton

An expected defeat in this one, with us resting pretty much all of our first team and having to use youth players instead. That's not to take it away from Saints, as I'd have expected a very tough game anyway. Good game Chris, well done mate :)

I'll probably be bringing in some backup players shortly. They obviously won't be world class by any means, but I'd rather have some more high-ish rated players than have a tidier looking squad with just the 88+ players I have now :P

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

A hard fought 1-1 draw with Mr M's Bath, it looked like we would taste defeat for the first time this season until substitute Negredo equalized late on, quite an eventful subbie appearance from Negredo as he scored, got injured and walked away with man of the match.

Good game buddy.

Queens Park Rangers beat Burnley 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bravo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bacca and Rojo were amongst the goalscorers.

Our first win of the season! :) A solid performance and a deserved win over a good opponent. Up to 10th, 1W & 2D.

Swindon Town beat Nottingham Forest 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture

A packed out crowd at County Ground witnessed the demolition of the Forest defense last night.

Our Russian Assassin, Artem Dzyuba, caused absolute mayhem in the opposition half, scoring twice and assisting another before walking off with Man of the Match.

Good to see us at the top of the table and even better to see the club making a profit for once.

Next up we prepare for our first ever match against Southampton.

Blackpool 1-0 Leeds

Blackpool get a great result at Elland Road against a very strong Leeds side. Carlos Tevez gets his fifth goal in three games with the winning strike in the 67th minute. That captain is certainly back to his best it seems.

A great start to the season, but the next three games will see if we can put up a title challenge with tough games against Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham. Top of the table clash with Arsenal at the weekend, a total of 13 goals scored by these two clubs in the opening two games, should be a goal feast :D

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 2

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for matches played on 15th October 2014. I have chose a 3-4-3 formation this time.

Goalkeeper: Sirigu (Plymouth)

Center Back: Djourou (MK Dons)

Center Back: Rojo (QPR)

Center Back: Chester (Southport)

Right Midfield: Dyer (Burton)

Center Midfield: Wilkshire (Gillingham)

Center Midfield: Carrick (Fulham)

Left Midfield: Candreva (Yeovil)

Striker: Neymar (Arsenal)

Striker: Lasogga (Burton)

Striker: Ramos (Northampton)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Arsenal striker Neymar!!!!

neymar.jpg

Neymars second time in the TOTR after making into the team on Saturday. He was unlucky not to win player of the round last week after scoring a hat-trick and an assist only to be out done by 5 goal Mario Balotelli. This time there wasnt as much competition for Neymar, and he went one better than the weekend and scored four times against Charlton. He is already just one goal shy of last seasons total and will surely beat his best of 15 goals set in season 6.

7-gold-larger.png

SEASON 9 WORLD CUP

Well Folks, after China & South Africa the SMFA have finally decided that Football is coming to the home of EC7777. Yes, that great Footballing Nation, England, will be hosting the Season 9 World Cup. :D

My Chairman has already arranged for our stadium to get a new coat of paint, replaced the cushions in the Executive Box with some genuine Marks & Spencer ones & told Sandra, our receptionist, that she had better smarten herself up or get replaced, in the hope that the SMFA might choose County Ground to host one or two of the games..:rolleyes:

Of course, England will be favourites to win the competition (just like in real life) and if they don't, it will be a complete travesty of justice (just like in real life) so the current England Manager, Daz, will no doubt already be feeling the pressure & expectations of the nation. However, England should qualify as they have a very easy qualifying group with the only threat coming from Jamaica (plus the guaranteed 6 points from Scotland) ;)

Meanwhile, in Moscow, I am helping Russia prepare for our opening qualifying match against Bulgaria. I have made some significant changes to the squad. Firstly, I have selected only players that play in England. That way , if we qualify for the WC, then I can eliminate the jet lag, the different climate, the different type of grass, and all the other excuses I gave to the Kremlin in order to keep my job the last time Russia got knocked out.

Anyway, newcomers to the Squad are:

Pavel Mogilevets (Swindon)

Sergey Parshivlyuk (Bradford)

Magomed Ozdoev (Cardiff)

Alexsey Ionov (Bradford)

Maksim Kanunnikov (Swindon)

With Dzagoev & Roman Shirokov suspended for tonight's match, Alek Samedov will play on the right wing with Denis Glushakov coming in for Shirokov. The in-form Artem Dzyuba replaces Kerzhakov, who has been dropped from the squad, & Bradford City's Oleg Shatov will get his first international cap.

7-gold-larger.png

SEASON 9 WORLD CUP

Well Folks' date=' after China & South Africa the SMFA have finally decided that Football is coming to the home of EC7777. Yes, that great Footballing Nation, England, will be hosting the Season 9 World Cup. :D

My Chairman has already arranged for our stadium to get a new coat of paint, replaced the cushions in the Executive Box with some genuine Marks & Spencer ones & told Sandra, our receptionist, that she had better smarten herself up or get replaced, in the hope that the SMFA might choose County Ground to host one or two of the games..:rolleyes:

Of course, England will be favourites to win the competition (just like in real life) and if they don't, it will be a complete travesty of justice (just like in real life) so the current England Manager, Daz, will no doubt already be feeling the pressure & expectations of the nation. However, England should qualify as they have a very easy qualifying group with the only threat coming from Jamaica (plus the guaranteed 6 points from Scotland) ;)

Meanwhile, in Moscow, I am helping Russia prepare for our opening qualifying match against Bulgaria. I have made some significant changes to the squad. Firstly, I have selected only players that play in England. That way , if we qualify for the WC, then I can eliminate the jet lag, the different climate, the different type of grass, and all the other excuses I gave to the Kremlin in order to keep my job the last time Russia got knocked out.

Anyway, newcomers to the Squad are:

Pavel Mogilevets (Swindon)

Sergey Parshivlyuk (Bradford)

Magomed Ozdoev (Cardiff)

Alexsey Ionov (Bradford)

Maksim Kanunnikov (Swindon)

With Dzagoev & Roman Shirokov suspended for tonight's match, Alek Samedov will play on the right wing with Denis Glushakov coming in for Shirokov. The in-form Artem Dzyuba replaces Kerzhakov, who has been dropped from the squad, & Bradford City's Oleg Shatov will get his first international cap.[/quote']

Haha you have convinced me to take ABE yes that is anyone but England, I took the Sweden managers job at the World Cup just because they were in Englands group and yes we went further than them as they are a bunch of overpaid, overhyped irrelevants, Scotland are already managed in England's group so it looks like I am now the manager of Denmark, the chance to help England not qualify for a WC in their home patch is too good an offer to turn down, We are Denmark!

article-2156641-1387105A000005DC-329_634x484.jpg

Someone tell me I am seeing things..... but did Sergey Ignashevich just get a -1???

The bloke plays every single minute possible for Russian Champions CSKA, every minute for Russia and every minute in the Champions League... what can he have possibly done to warrant a drop???

I have had poor Mrs Ignashevich on the phone to me in floods of tears... worrying about her husbands future at the club.... credit card bills, cat to feed, etc., etc.,

Of course I told her not to worry and that their future in sunny Swindon is assured (okay, I lied).

Shirokov has not played a match in almost a year = keeps his 90. Igor Smolnikov plays regularly for Zenit and broke into the national team = keeps his 87.

It all makes perfect sense. :eek:

Someone tell me I am seeing things..... but did Sergey Ignashevich just get a -1???

The bloke plays every single minute possible for Russian Champions CSKA' date=' every minute for Russia and every minute in the Champions League... what can he have possibly done to warrant a drop???

I have had poor Mrs Ignashevich on the phone to me in floods of tears... worrying about her husbands future at the club.... credit card bills, cat to feed, etc., etc.,

Of course I told her not to worry and that their future in sunny Swindon is assured (okay, I lied).

Shirokov has not played a match in almost a year = keeps his 90. Igor Smolnikov plays regularly for Zenit and broke into the national team = keeps his 87.

It all makes perfect sense. :eek:[/quote']

I think the whole Russian league is being downgraded that might explain his drop as for Smolinkov I don't think SM drop injured players unless that has changed.

Russian league did drop a place in the coefficient rankings.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

I think the whole Russian league is being downgraded that might explain his drop as for Smolinkov I don't think SM drop injured players unless that has changed.

Russian league did drop a place in the coefficient rankings.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

You are probably right but that doesn't explain why Akinfeev, Denisov, Dzagoev all kept their 90+. Dzagoev hasn't played half the minutes Ignashevich has, for club nor country.

Anyway thanks for your reply mate, next time Mrs Ignashevich rings is it okay if I pass her over to you?

Russia slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Bulgaria in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 15 fixture

Bah,, absolutely pathetic.. Oleg Shatov's debut performance was similar to his name. Red carded for two bookable offences.

And then in the last minute comes this...

MILANOV makes space for a shot and fires at goal.

Goal GOAL!! - Akinfeev fumbles it and it crosses the line.

Who says that SM isn't like real life??? :rolleyes:

Tino COSTA has completed his move to Swindon Town from Sheffield United for £9,500,000

After 163 league appearances we say goodbye to Tino Costa following his downgrading yesterday.

With Onazi and Andre Gomes coming through, the time was now for Costa to pass the torch.

We wish him well at his new club, who will surely benefit from someone of his talent and experience.

Blackpool have agreed to sell experience play maker Miguel Danny (90) to Swindon Town for £14.5million. The Portguese International arrived at the start of season 7 and made 54 appearances in the Premier League, netting eight goals and eight assists.

"We recieved a bid on Monday and debated what to do for a few days. We feel it would be best to sell and continue to try and improve the developing youth squad that we have and give the likes of Rafa Silva (86) and Bruma (85) a chance to break into the first team"

-Marc Spicer

Danny will start his final match tonight in a huge game against Arsenal. Hopefully the home fans pack the stadium to give him a good send off and make a great atmosphere :)

Aston Villa 0-0 Wrexham

Bore draw at Villa Park, Mamadou Sakho returned to his old ground but stayed on the bench for the whole game whilst Alexandre Pato was suspended. Courtois picked up the man of the match award after a string of fine saves earned us a point. Next we host Tranmere Rovers on Monday

Blackpool 1-3 Arsenal

We managed to keep Neymar a little quiter than his previous two games, but the damn Brazilian still scored a brace :mad: Cuardrado also scored for Arsenal, with Asamoah scoring a conselation.

A trip to Old Trafford on Wednesday after or Europa League tie with Saint Etienne. Our record against our bitter rivals is getting better, drawing the last three. But our last win against them in normal time came nine matches ago in Januray :(

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Oldham Athletic in their Division 3 fixture.

A tough match, a balanced match, maybe a draw would have been fair, but current leaders Oldham put an end to our run of 11 league matches unbeaten. Well done Oldham.

Pirlo is now 100% fit and he will finally make his debut for us after tomorrow vs Doncaster! Hopefully he will help us to get back to winning ways.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 3

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for matches played on 18th October 2014. Today I have gone witha a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Joel (Gateshead)

Right Back: Avevor (Blackburn)

Center Back: Abdennour (Hull)

Center Back: Zapata (West Ham)

Left Back: Alvarez Balanta (Crawley)

Center Midfield: Toure (Manchester City)

Center Midfield: Pizarro (Preston)

Center Midfield: Xavier (Leicester)

Right Forward: Graham (Northampton)

Center Forward: Messi (Liverpool)

Left Forward: Gotze (Sheffield United)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Sheffield United's Mario Gotze!!!!

gotze.jpg

It was quite a difficult choice to pick a winner today. He and Messi were very similar, however the MOTM award for Gotze edged it in his favour. The young German hero scored his first goals of the season after his brace helped Shieffield United to a 4-0 win over Plymouth. He now has 43 Premier League goals, with eight coming in the colours of Sheffield United.

SWINDON TOWN - TRANSFER NEWS

My Chairman finally remembered in which of his wife's handbags he had left his cheque book and so we have made a few transfer deals. In total we splashed out over £30m although the Chairman confided in me later that his wife could do far more damage than that.

35158.jpg

Tino Costa - 29 years/89 rated DM/AM©

The Argentine Midfielder was only hours away from completing an external move to Spartak Moscow when we approached him to see if he would like to play for Swindon. Fortunately I was able to contact the Sheffield Utd Manager and after a quick negotiation Costa exchanged his flight ticket to Moscow for a train ticket to Swindon. He will be a welcome boost to our midfield and strengthen our options.

1868.jpg

Jermain Defoe - 32 years/89 rated FC

This guy needs no introduction. A former prolific striker for Preston North End who made over 150 appearances and scored 50+ goals before moving to the MLS last season. IRL is strongly rumoured to be making a return to the EPL during the January transfer window so hopefully will keep his 89 for a while longer. I am particularly pleased with this signing because, since Mbokani departed, we only have one real out and out striker in Artem Dzyuba and I have often wondered what I would do if Dzyuba picked up a long term injury because fielding a 4-6-0 isn't an option on SM.

3387.jpg

Miguel Danny - 31 years/90 rated AM(RLC)

Danny makes a return to Swindon Town after being reluctantly sold to Blackpool a couple of seasons ago when we got relegated to Div 4 and funds were looking grim. However, the Blackpool Manager has long been aware of our desire to bring him back to a Swindon shirt and, after a lot of consideration and communication, we finally settled on a deal that has broken our previous transfer record. Danny will be named as the new club skipper.