English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The win moves us to 2nd place just behind Dan's Bolton. My team might not look very attractive but they are proving very difficult to beat.

Plenty of time for all positions to change in this 46 game league but you have started great, I was worried as we went through the end of season and start of season friendlies unbeaten through the eight games as it never usually transfers like that in the real games but to my surprise the unbeaten status has continued through the 7 league games so far, with our two for one transfers in at the seasons end/seasons start it has made us one of the powerhouse teams by ratings in this division so I guess we should be getting results, I am still surprised that this team has never won anything or been to a finals or a play off, we will try to right that wrong this season.

Plenty of time for all positions to change in this 46 game league but you have started great' date=' I was worried as we went through the end of season and start of season friendlies unbeaten through the eight games as it never usually transfers like that in the real games but to my surprise the unbeaten status has continued through the 7 league games so far, with our two for one transfers in at the seasons end/seasons start it has made us one of the powerhouse teams by ratings in this division so I guess we should be getting results, I am still surprised that this team has never won anything or been to a finals or a play off, we will try to right that wrong this season.[/quote']
going well but its quite scary to see how many high rated players are in this division now' date=' you'll be doing very well to finish in the play-offs.[/quote']

Yeah I'm only boasting whilst I can. A few people have commented that my side isn't very "trade worthy" so it's quite satisfying when I see my side sitting above their youthful high rated trade worthy teams ;)

It is, of course, very early for anyone to start getting excited about league positions and I very much doubt that we will be where we are now by the time the season is half over. Nevertheless I am happy that we are proving not to be the pushovers that some people may have perhaps thought.

I agree, Dan, that a good run in the pre-season friendlies usually precedes a disappointing run of form at season start,, but that hasn't been the case at all this time around.

Souza ROBINHO has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from AC Milan for 2,275,000 plus Freitas FABIANO and Guillermo VARELA . All other offers were turned down.

We managed to bring in another great player to our squad in Robinho, but we still lost our last match vs Bristol. Things are not working for us, even though i'm puting in my best effort, promoting squad rotation and tactical changes, we always put up a strong team in the field but we're not getting anything. We only won 1 point from our last 4 matches. Feels like last season, a very slow start, i hope we can improve quickly. Again, promotion is our goal this season, after two 3rd places and two play-off finals lost in a row in this Division.

Blackpool 5-0 Rotherham

Blackpool avoided a potential giant killing with a comfortable win at Division 5 side Rotherham. We expected them to keep there first team in so fielded some first team players of our own, but it turns out they

made ten changes to there team.

Blackpool XI

Handanovic (91)

Gomez (83) Van Rhijn (87) Telles (86)

Bruma (85) Silva (86) Danilo (89) Toze (82) Adriano (91)

Diouf (89) Rondon (89)

A brace from Rafa Silva and a goal inbetween from Adriano sealed the win before the hour. Van Rhijn made his first start for the club and scored two brilliant goals from over 25 yards and won the MOM award. 20 year old Belguim talent Thomas Foket (80) came on as a 75th minute subsitute for his debut aswell

Overall a very good performance from our youngsters, who will get a chance against another Div 5 side Shrewsbury in Round 2

Your chances of getting any of those clubs are extremely slim to be honest. In fact I would say that Dom Solanke will be worth the 4.7m that was paid for him before Hull' date=' Arsenal or Man City become available!!!

In a full GW like this one your best bet is to take on a Div 4/5 club and patiently bide your time. If you are good enough you will eventually get offered a bigger club or, like some managers, you become attached to your club and prefer to stick with them.[/quote']

i am a proven manager i shouldnt have to start there i am proven at the very minimum division 2 standard but even that would be a step down

if guardiola showed up in england would you give him the watford job no youd give him city or chelsea

i am a proven manager i shouldnt have to start there i am proven at the very minimum division 2 standard but even that would be a step down

if guardiola showed up in england would you give him the watford job no youd give him city or chelsea

Guardiola wouldn't take Watford because he'd have to build his own team instead of an already successful one as in Barcelona and Bayern.

What a mong.

Blackpool 2-1 Sporting

For the second Europa League game in a row we win in the final minutes. Went behind after Marvin Emnes scored for the Portugese side. Armindo Bruma came on as a sub at half-time to face his former club and he set up Gerard Deulofeu for the equaliser. Deulofeu then set up the 87th minute winner for skipper Carlos Tevez.

Three wins from three, aslong as we don't lose to Hamburg in our next match then we will qualify for the knockout stages :)

Tricky away fixture tomorrow at Sheffield Wednesday where we lost 5-3 last season.

LOL.... you're too funny for a reply..

Guardiola wouldn't take Watford because he'd have to build his own team instead of an already successful one as in Barcelona and Bayern.

he wouldnt take watford becuase they wouldnt be so insulting to even offer him the job

What a mong.

shut up you mug skn

LOL.... you're too funny for a reply..

whats so funny about it...i want a job in this league, im proven in the past i shouldnt have to start way down below but i will settle on some teams depending on the budget available

whats so funny about it...i want a job in this league' date=' im proven in the past i shouldnt have to start way down below but i will settle on some teams depending on the budget available[/quote']

In what criteria are you proven in ? what clubs have you managed in this set up ?

you will wait some years to get a top club' date='but like a proven manager think that's not problem for you[/quote']
In what criteria are you proven in ? what clubs have you managed in this set up ?

i managed in ec 1, 5579, 106, many custom setups, usually winning titles more often than not, thats why i think i deserve it.

i managed in ec 1' date=' 5579, 106, many custom setups, usually winning titles more often than not, thats why i think i deserve it.[/quote']

ec 1 and 106 are usually always full,so you should know that is very hard to get a big club and don't you think it's better start with smaller team and then when you are in the gw you will have better chance getting big club on offer for ex.

p.s I too deserve to be a millionaire but I'm not :(

i managed in ec 1' date=' 5579, 106, many custom setups, usually winning titles more often than not, thats why i think i deserve it.[/quote']

You're so full of yourself it's cringeworthy to read tbh. If you want a big team in this setup the queue is that way behind those other 100+ hopefulls

With such illustrious jobs on your résumé one fails to see why you are being treated with such contempt?

And they say one clown doesn't make a circus.

Blackpool 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Blackpools strong start to the sesaon took a big dent after a terrible away performance. We struggled at Hillsborough last season losing 5-3 (Danny Welbeck terrorised us) and once again the England international tormented the experinced Blackpool defence.

Welbeck opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a lovely free-kick. He then created the next three goals for his strike partner Ideye Brown. Enzo Perez picked up a knock and will miss the next two games which is leaving us pretty short in midfield after selling Danny and a lengthy injury to Pepe :(

Still in third place which im very happy with considering the tough opening six games we've had. :)

With such illustrious jobs on your résumé one fails to see why you are being treated with such contempt?

And they say one clown doesn't make a circus.

You're so full of yourself it's cringeworthy to read tbh. If you want a big team in this setup the queue is that way behind those other 100+ hopefulls

its a disgrace.

im not arrogant im confident, i know i have what it takes if given the chance, but ive already spent enough time at smaller clubs doing that and it would be realistic if i got a big job because i wouldnt sink to a smaller level