O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Play the still unbeaten Peterborough tonight. After losing our own unbeaten record in the last match I'm hoping we can spoil their party.

Couldn't win, but come away with a draw. I'll take it.

Rossi will make his debut against Leeds on Saturday. Despite Muller failing to score the last two games, I will continue with him up front (partnering Gotze if I play two up top), so Rossi will start for us in midfield.

Birmingham suffer their eighth defeat of the season as top of the table Bolton destroy a frail, bare-boned, Birmingham side, 4-1 (to be correct, Dan... ;) ) still, nothing to shout about - Inui scored on his debut, Rudnevs becomes another injury statistic - which means Diafra Sakho steps up to lead the line next...

Good game for Bolton tonight against Birmingham' date=' a 4-0 win but you have to feel sorry for them with the amount of suspensions and injuries they have and have had, anyhow Keisling, Arnold( top club scorer and joint top scorer in league), Fischer & captain fantastic Schmelzer with the goals and Schmelzer also adding two assists.

Unlucky Dan.

Awesome start to the season with seven wins and three draws help Bolton increase the club record unbeaten streak to ten games and in doing so extend the lead at the top to four points, Lovelyjubbly!

Spare a thought for poor wee JMH with five draws in a row, that grinds my gears when that happens it really does.[/quote']

i know right...to top it off lost 2 strikers too injuries, one 10 days....other 7 weeks :rolleyes::eek:

now watch me either not draw again all season and go on some mad win streak at some point B)

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Torquay United and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Arias scored the winner for Queens Park Rangers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A vital and deserved win for QPR tonight! Despite being last in the table, Tourquay is a tricky team, always changing tactics, which makes things harder for us to pick the right tactic for the match. Our tactic tonight worked very well fortunately, i'm very happy with the performance, maybe we deserved to score one more goal atleast, but the important thing is to win and we won. Delighted to see Santiago Arias scoring and being voted MOTM because he's not a regular starter, he was a personal bet for this match and his response was great!

Play the still unbeaten Peterborough tonight. After losing our own unbeaten record in the last match I'm hoping we can spoil their party.

The Schloer is still being drunk in the land of the Posh

The match ended 2 - 2 between Swindon Town and Wolverhampton Wanderers in their Division 2 fixture

A well earned point away from home in a game where we matched everything that a stronger Wolves side could throw against us.

We are proving to be a bit of a difficult side to handle, as First Division West Brom also discovered in our Monday cup match, where they needed a penalty shoot-out to finally dispose of us.

Our next match is against in-form and unbeaten Bolton. We are expecting a tough game but we will try to do what we can to end their run :D

;3017295']i know right...to top it off lost 2 strikers too injuries' date=' one 10 days....other 7 weeks :rolleyes::eek:

now watch me either not draw again all season and go on some mad win streak at some point B)[/quote']

Yeah the unbeaten through draws means nothing without a few wins to bulk it out, I am sure you will turn it around and propel your way up teh league soon enough.

Our next match is against in-form and unbeaten Bolton. We are expecting a tough game but we will try to do what we can to end their run :D

I look forward to the game, all runs have to come to an end, I managed a 16 game unbeaten twice in 7046 (Huddersfield & Liverpool) I think that is my best in a forum GW, doubt I will manage to stretch this on to 16 though but we will give it a go. :)

I look forward to the game' date=' all runs have to come to an end, I managed a 16 game unbeaten twice in 7046 (Huddersfield & Liverpool) I think that is my best in a forum GW, doubt I will manage to stretch this on to 16 though but we will give it a go. :)[/quote']

It's been a great start for you this season. I hope it turns out to be a successful season for you no matter what happens on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it too.

By the way, since my chairman sold his car to finance the Miguel Danny deal with Blackpool he gets a bit touchy about parking at the ground so could you park your Daimler round the back where he can't see it please?

Cheers mate.

Blackpool 4-2 Chelsea

Blackpool secure a very impressive win at Stamford Bridge. Goals from Rondon and Deulofeu gave us a 2-0 lead at half-time. Chelsea did pull themselves back onto level terms but goals from Walcott and Tevez after the hour sealed the three points.

We also progressed to the second round of the shield winning on penalties against Derby, a great performance again from our youngsters who also secured our place in the next round of the Euorpa League on Tuesday :)

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 8

Hey guys. Its a bit later than usual, but here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 5th November 2014. Using a 4-2-4 formation as I couldn't leave out one of the four stand out strikers on Wednesday.

Goalkeeper: Sirigu (Plymouth)

Right Back: Alves (Tottenham)

Center Back: Mangala (Southampton)

Center Back: Rodriguez (Sunderland)

Left Back: Baines (West Brom)

Center Midfield: Montolivo (Wrexham)

Center Midfield: Gruzero (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Right Striker: Totti (Oldham)

Center Forward: Ibisevic (Oldham)

Center Forward: Torres (Southport)

Left Striker: Szalai (Southport)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Oldham striker Vedad Ibisevic!!!!!

Ibisevic.jpg

Probably the hardest choice i've had to choose a player of the round. All four strikers were magnificent and on another day would all have won. Totti scored four and created two, Szalai scored three and created four, Torres scored four and created three and I was going to pick him but with Ibisevic scoring three and creating four in a higher division just won it for the Bosnian International. Totti and Ibisevic are arbuably the most successful striker partnership in 7777 in recent times, in the past three and a bit seasons the have scored a combined 118 goals!

The time has come.

Two legends are being united. United to keep Watford a fighting animal in Division 4.

Heskey has tried and succeeded to unite with Vydra and Deeney, but the time is now.

AKINFENWA IS ON HIS WAY.

577453_253985808040898_621136901_n.jpg?oh=b6728c28df61155442833c02f34e7a02&oe=54ED479F&__gda__=1424058676_b9664ddc1beaf58e461a540d21c793b0

Bolton extend the unbeaten streak to eleven with a hard fought 2-1 win over Swindon, Smolinkov put Swindon ahead and they lead at the half-time, Bolton showed more purpose in the second half and goals from Keissling & Fernandino earned the win, good game buddy.

Eight wins and three draws is a great way to start the season, lets see how far we could take this streak.

Resting up the main side for the cup game against Hereford next to let everyone get back to full fitness, tbh I think I would prefer if we got put out of that as it is just a distraction as we already have Sobis out injures for a few weeks from a non-league game.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Queens Park Rangers and AFC Bournemouth in their Division 3 fixture.

Robinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bacca was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Down to 14th, early days yet. We will improve.

Blackpool 2-1 Millwall

Blackpool came from behind to get the three points and move up into second place. Joao Moutinho put Millwall ahead before the break with an poweful 25 yard strike. Kwando Asamoah equalised for Blackpool with his fifth goal in nine games, his best ratio in seven seasons with the club. Salomon Rondon came on as a subsitute on the hour and four minutes later scored the winner with a well placed header.

Shrewsbury next in the cup on Monday.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 9

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 8th November 2014. Going to use a 3-5-2 formation this time.

Goalkeeper: Neuer (Liverpool)

Center Back: Manquillo (AFC Wimbledon)

Center Back: Hilton (Bath City)

Center Back: Caldirola (Nottingham Forest)

Right Midfield: Biondini (Rushden & Diamonds)

Center Midfield: Ralf (Port Vale)

Center Midfield: Pereira (Morecambe)

Center Midfield: Gazinskiy (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Left Midfield: Coutinho (Arsenal)

Striker: Doumbia (Plymouth)

Striker: Borriello (Nottingham Forest)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Arsenal midfielder Philippe Coutinho!!!!

coutinho.jpg

Quite a few big wins last night, with Arsenals 8-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday probably the most impressive of the lot. Coutinho was going through a barren run after failing to score this season prior to kick-off. However he was at the heart of everything good for the Gunners, scoring four times from left midfield aswell as creating the opening goal for Neymar. Coutinho is only one goal off of last seasons total of five, and will be a crucial player as Arsenal continue to push for there first Premier League title.

Sabala over Doumbia Marc ;) 3 proper goals compared to 3 penalties :P

Never seen a player score 3 penalties before. Takes some balls :D:P

Was gonna put Emenike ahead of him but a goals a goal :)

Bolton extend the unbeaten streak to eleven with a hard fought 2-1 win over Swindon' date=' Smolinkov put Swindon ahead and they lead at the half-time, Bolton showed more purpose in the second half and goals from Keissling & Fernandino earned the win, good game buddy.

Eight wins and three draws is a great way to start the season, lets see how far we could take this streak.

Resting up the main side for the cup game against Hereford next to let everyone get back to full fitness, tbh I think I would prefer if we got put out of that as it is just a distraction as we already have Sobis out injures for a few weeks from a non-league game.[/quote']

Yes, a good game Bud and well done for extending your run. The way that possession indicator kept moving back and forth had me guessing almost to the end.

Pretty even game I thought but your team made more of your chances than we did, which has been a bit of an issue for us this season.

We are dropping out of the race now so I guess the honeymoon period is over. Just 2 points out of the last 12 although I do feel that we possibly deserve more than that considering that we have not been pushovers in any of our games so far.

Cup match next against my old buddy Telmo. Hoping to reach the 3rd round for the first time in 6 seasons so I can finally put the cup curse out of the way!!

Lovely to wake up to only two club messages this morning.... :D

Changed my tactics around a bit and it worked a treat! A marvelous 4-0 win against Colchester and even better considering the side I had to field - drafted Cuco Martina in an hour before kick-off to give Kramer a rest, and the CuraƧaoan delivered with two goals, meanwhile Diafra Sakho on his debut put in an epic performance, earning the last goal of the game - and Inui delivering all four goals!

4 players with 10 ratings - not even one made TOTR - Whats that all about MaoaM? :eek:

4 players with 10 ratings - not even one made TOTR - Whats that all about MaoaM? :eek:

I dont usually take match ratings into consideration that much (I think Craig prioritses match rating in 7046, which is very misleading with the engine at times). I tend to go more for goals/assists for the forward players and clean sheets with a goal/assist for defenders. Only really use match rating if two players are identical and in the same division. But heres why yours didnt make it.

cm - Martini (Birmingham) 2 goals MOM 10

cm - Ralf deserved it more of Port Vale (Div 3) with 3 goals, 2 assist MOM 10

rm - Son (Birmingham) 1 goal 10

rm - Biondini (Rushden & Diamonds) 2 goals, 9 rating. Contributed more

lm - dzsudzsak (Birmingham) 10. Nothing really contributed to your match

lm - Coutinho (Arsenal) 4 goals and an assist in higher division, 10 rating

st - Sakho (Birmingham) 1 goal 10

st - Doumbia and Boriello scored hat-tricks. Emenike also scored 3 but didnt get in. Loads of strikers scored two goals (e.g Neymar) who also would be ahead of Sakho.

Only Son has a shout at getting in as hes two divisions higher, but still feel that the two goals of Biondini deserve it more. I do check every result to see ratings, assists etc and try and be as fair as possible, but players that contribute alot in a game are more deserving to get in. But these are just my opinions :D

I dont usually take match ratings into consideration that much (I think Craig prioritses match rating in 7046' date=' which is very misleading with the engine at times). I tend to go more for goals/assists for the forward players and clean sheets with a goal/assist for defenders. Only really use match rating if two players are identical and in the same division. But heres why yours didnt make it.

cm - Martini (Birmingham) 2 goals MOM 10

cm - Ralf deserved it more of Port Vale (Div 3) with 3 goals, 2 assist MOM 10

rm - Son (Birmingham) 1 goal 10

rm - Biondini (Rushden & Diamonds) 2 goals, 9 rating. Contributed more

lm - dzsudzsak (Birmingham) 10. Nothing really contributed to your match

lm - Coutinho (Arsenal) 4 goals and an assist in higher division, 10 rating

st - Sakho (Birmingham) 1 goal 10

st - Doumbia and Boriello scored hat-tricks. Emenike also scored 3 but didnt get in. Loads of strikers scored two goals (e.g Neymar) who also would be ahead of Sakho.

Only Son has a shout at getting in as hes two divisions higher, but still feel that the two goals of Biondini deserve it more. I do check every result to see ratings, assists etc and try and be as fair as possible, but players that contribute alot in a game are more deserving to get in. But these are just my opinions :D[/quote']

What about Inui!? ;)

Notts County is available with a few decent players!

Half decent team there for somebody, I brought in a couple of decent players when I was there, shame that Gary sold off the keeper leaving a 78 rater in there which in my opinion guided them to relegation, the next guy didn't seem to care, shame as with a bit of TLC it is a team with potential.