English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

In our next league encounter we face probably the strongest opposition of the season so far in a side which boasts eleven players rated between 90-94, the front four of Farfan, Cazorla, Nasri & Benzema is a scary looking division two attacking unit, Sunderland boast five wins and a draw from their last six games which has saw them climb up to third place, this will be a hard battle and puts our unbeaten run to a severe test.

Club Message

Sheffield United have broken their transfer record by signing Daryl JANMAAT from Reading for £15,000,000

The Full back position have always been our weak point. Hopefully Janmaat will help with that. He seems to be doing well for Newcastle at the moment (2 assists at the weekend) so his rating should be safe for the time being.

Bolton sent out the cup squad against Hereford, the two 'real' players in the squad made the difference ~Krul in goal good game & Zuniga two goals as captain, we put out an 80 rated squad to save players for the league but the win now sets us up with a 3rd round tie against Villa,

Unlucky Paul.

Blackpool 1-0 Shrewsbury

Blackpool advance into Round 3 of the English Cup and avoid a big cup shock with an 88th minute winner from Salomon Rondon. Alot of squad players featured but dissapointed my players performed poorly against a couple of 70 rated players.

Handanovic (91)

Gomez (83) Van Rhijn (87) Telles (86)

Bruma (85) Rafa (86) Danilo (90) Perez (90) Deulofeu (87)

Rondon (89) Diouf (89)

Had to bring Iniesta, Tevez and Walcott on at half-time to get the result. Full credit to Shrewsbury for playing very well. Another home tie in Round 3 against Division 3 side Fleetwood.

Swindon Town beat Blackburn Rovers 3 - 0 in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture

A comfortable win in front of a packed home stadium sees us, finally, reach the 3rd Round of a cup competition for the first time since I took over!!

Thank goodness for that, it only took 6 seasons.

Our reward is a home tie against Sheffield Wednesday.

I sent a bug ticket to SM this morning as Swindon's ticket prices haven't risen in the last 6 seasons.

Got a reply to my bug ticket.

Hi Nicholas.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However' date=' the SMFA regrets to inform you that the ticket pricing structure for each individual club is set by the Chairman and not by Soccer Manager.

We therefore believe there is no reported bug and this ticket has now been closed.

Regards,

Soccer Manager[/quote']

My letter to my Chairman...

Dear Mr Chairman,

It has come to my attention that, among your other financial incompetence, you have not reviewed or increased the ticket pricing structure at the Club for at least 6 seasons.

Yours faithfully,

Nicholas

p.s. When are you going to give Ignashevich a pay-cut for his recent -1?

The Chairman's response..

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for your memo dated 10th November 2014. I read with interest your comments regarding my financial management of Swindon Town FC.

However, I would like to remind you that a) this is MY club and B) I have already resorted to commuting to the office via my bicycle having sold my car to help finance the purchase of Miguel Danny (a player that YOU agreed to sell to Blackpool for less in the first place).

So please continue to worry about the team selection and, more importantly, results and leave me to worry about the money.

Yours sincerely,

The Chairman

p.s. I agree that Mr Ignashevich deserves a pay-cut. However, his wife is an extremely difficult person to deal with. If you don't like how much we are paying him then the Board & I suggest you sell him.

Fair comment I suppose.

Bolton sent out the cup squad against Hereford' date=' the two 'real' players in the squad made the difference ~Krul in goal good game & Zuniga two goals as captain, we put out an 80 rated squad to save players for the league but the win now sets us up with a 3rd round tie against Villa,

Unlucky Paul.[/quote']

well done and good luck in the next round, Dan.

I did smile when I noticed you kept the same formation as your previous game as its one I use a lot and in the last few weeks 4-2-3-1 has been beating it, then I change to it and lose.:o

Blackpool 4-2 Saint-Etienne

Blackpool maintain there 100% record in the Europa League and have won Group E with a game to spare with a win in France. The kids got a chance to redeem themselves after struggling in the cup last night. Some first team players in Walcott and Mame Diouf also started, along with Pepe (92) who has recovered from a three week injury which is a big boost.

Areola (84)

Gomez (83) Van Rhijn (87) Telles (86)

Bruma (85) Rafa (86) Pepe (92) Toze (82) Sisto (80)

Diouf (89) Walcott (91)

The youngsters were struggling again, and we had to come from behind twice to win. Walcott and Diouf scored a goal each in both halves. We face West Brom tomorrow, my biggest rival after Manchester United so its a huge game for us.

Blackpool 3-2 West Brom

Blackpool win a dramatic game against one of there big rivals West Brom at the Hawthorns. Surprised it was so close looking at there fitness levels before the game. Changed formation to 4-2-3-1 for a change and it seemed to work.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (92) Dante (93) Koscielny (91) Adriano (91)

Pepe (92) Asamoah (91)

Walcott (91) Iniesta (97) Perez (90)

Tevez (93)

West Brom took an early lead through Basanta, Carlos Tevez equalised on the half-hour. Subsitute Gerard Deulofeu and Salomon Rondon came on at half-time, and the Spainyard set up Rondon in the 63rd minute to give Blackpool the lead. It seemed the Baggies had rescued a point when new boy Lars Bender scored with nine minutes remaining, but just like on Monday Blackpool get a winner two minutes from time with Deulofeu sneaking in.

Go into the week break in second which im very happy with :D

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 10

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 12th November 2014. I have chosen a 4-2-4 formation due to so many strikers performing well tonight.

Goalkeeper: Casillas (Sheffield United)

Right Back: Savic (Derby)

Center Back: Barzagli (Gillingham)

Center Back: Ecuele Manga (Brighton)

Left Back: Aurier (Aston Villa)

Center Midfield: Erkin (Plymouth)

Center Midfield: Mendez (Hayes & Yeading)

Right Forward: Valdez (Crewe)

Center Forward: El Shaarawy (Derby)

Center Forward: Pirez (Hayes & Yeading)

Left Forward: Pabon (Portsmouth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Derby striker Stephan El Shaarawy!!!!

el_shaarawy.jpg

Its been a relatively poor start to the season for the young Italian international, with just one goal prior to kick-off. However everyting clicked together tonight as he scored five goals in a 7-2 rout over Burnley. His first three goals were all headed goals, a skill he is not renowed for and completed the hat-trick in the opening 24 minutes. He scored a penalty in the 40th minute and then added a fourth headed goal after the break. He also set up the seventh goal late on for Ashley Young.

Crewe striker Nelson Valdez also deserves a mention, he matched El Shaarawy with five goals in a higher division, but gave it to the Italian for the assist.

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Wigan Athletic and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Robinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Denisov and Pereyra were also amongst the goalscorers.

A dominant performane and we're up to 12th! We will get there, slowly :P Colombian striker Carlos Bacca scored one goal, but it could have been an hattrick because another 2 goals were disallowed by the referee!

Benfica's CB LISANDRO LOPEZ is available for transfer at QPR!

Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Colchester United in their Division 2 fixture

Changed to a new tactic for this match and it paid off big time,,,,, for Colchester that is.

After a bright start to the season we have failed to win any of our last 5 games.

Match Engine is being very unpredictable. Crewe smash Huddersfield but the Saints use the same formation and can only scrape a draw,, weird.

Match Engine is being very unpredictable. Crewe smash Huddersfield but the Saints use the same formation and can only scrape a draw' date=', weird.[/quote']

Crewe played a very NMF team with some very low rated players. Whilst Southampton themselves are NMF up against a very good side in Newcastle. Formation isn't everything

Crewe played a very NMF team with some very low rated players. Whilst Southampton themselves are NMF up against a very good side in Newcastle. Formation isn't everything

I have played against teams that have had players with less than 10% fitness and still lost so I don't think that's everything either.

Quote a post I made on 21/10/14

Didier Drogba is a legend. 36 years of age' date=' NMF but still manages to score the winner and took MOTM award before being seen leaving the ground in an ambulance. I suppose I should be grateful that he wasn't fully fit.[/quote']

I didn't check the team ratings but my point was that selecting counter formations isn't as predictable as it used to be. I played a formation that I have never used before against Colchester because I observed that they have struggled against it, but we suffered our heaviest defeat so far this season.

SMH steered Bolton Wanderers to victory against Nottingham Forest. Bolton Wanderers outclassed Nottingham Forest and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture. Fernandinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Fischer was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Bolton Wanderers have now won 7 games in a row after beating Nottingham Forest setting a new club record.

After their result against Nottingham Forest, Bolton Wanderers are now unbeaten in 13 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Carlisle United in their Division 3 fixture.

Robinho was on the scoresheet for his side.

Carlisle managed to score early and that was very important for them to win this match. They were pretty efficient in the 1st half, taking their chances and getting a 2-0 lead. Carslisle's striker Olic was sent-off, which helped us to control the match, but we were not able to avoid the defeat. We tried hard, but Carlisle did a great job too, and their goalkeeper Cássio was in great shape in goal, even being voted MOTM. Good game Adriano, i'm happy to see Carlisle sitting 2nd, good job mate. We will try to return to winning ways in our next match! Unfortunately Robinho and Holebas picked up injurys and they're out of the next matches, together with Lisandro Lopez.

Cheltenham have now won 6 league games on the spin without conceding a single goal :eek:

1 - 0 Chesterfield

1 - 0 Bury

6 - 0 Bradford City

3 - 0 Rushden & Diamonds

3 - 0 Kettering Town

4 - 0 York City

During same run we've had 2 cup wins so 8 competitive wins in a row in all competitions. The run has lifted us to 2nd in Div 4 but it's still very early days.