English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Rotherham back to winning way after 4-0 away against Hayes,Raffael and Montanes with 2 goals.Efe Ambrose join us for 4.5M from Swindon and is expected to do some good job in the defence and to get us more deeper,on his way out is Tallo who back to Roma

Blackpool 1-2 Sheffield United

Dissapointing result against Sheffield United. Instead of our normal 3-5-2 I switched it up to 4-2-3-1 as they have dropped points to that formation a few times but proved not to work today. Gotze and Aquilani with Sheffield Uniteds goal' date=' Carlos Tevez did equal the score aftert half-time.

With three of the other top six also dropping points it isnt as bad as could of been and still remain in third. Tough looking cup fixture against Fleetwood on Monday.[/center']

A great result for us. Quite an even game really, with Mario Gotze prooving the difference.

It pushes us into 4th spot with only one defeat recorded so far.

Man Utd up next. A good time to play them it seems?

This is 2 weeks late but I'm new manager for Notts County. Good balanced team' date=' we beat 2 top 6 teams ready with my management. Cannot stop tho- We still looking for a back that plays [b']DM®, age 25 below, rated 86+[/b]. Everyone in 1st team for swoping except Geis.

:D

Welcome to 7777. Best of luck with Notts County

EC 7777 FA Youth cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Hey guys. Was hoping to do a third youth competition this season, last two seemed to go down pretty well and adds something different to the gameworld. Lets us use players we never feature and the bragging rights of boasting the best youth squad. The rules have been changed slightly from last season to try and make it more even for lower league sides.

The Rules

Each team is allowed to field two senior players (Over 21). However this time the senior players must be rated 89 or below as last seaon the 92+ players were winning games on there own. You can not field two seniors and sub one off for another senior (Two maximum playing during the game!). For example, Blackpool would use Rondon (89) and Van Rhijn (87) as seniors, but you can use any two of your choice and don't have to be the same two seniors every game. The rest of your team must be made up of players aged 21 or below (Can be any rating). You subs bench doesnt have to be filled with u-21s as some clubs won't have enough, but any subsitutes coming on need to be aged 21 or under.

If a player is 21 before the tournament begins he will be still be considered a youth player when turning 22.

If a team fields more than two senior players, they will automatically lose 3-0. Should both teams field more than three then again both teams will get a 3-0 loss.

If interest either message me in game (Chat or PM) or post on here. I don't have a number of managers in my head, but the more the better. If theres alot will do groups, if not alot then just a big league format like last season. I would like to start it next Sunday if possible (Or the 4/12/14), so please let me know asap so can get everything organised

EC 7777 FA Youth cup

Not enough youngsters at Bolton so we will pass.

My best record in a forum filled set-up is 16 games unbeaten (twice in 7046 with Huddersfield & Liverpool)' date=' we (Bolton) sit on fifteen games unbeaten and Mr. Smut's Hereford stand in the way of us equalling that record here in 7777, we played a few weeks ago and I luckily got a 2-1 win but that was the cup and we only had two real players in the team, I expect a tough game as he is tactically astute, looking at how far he has brought Hereford in here stands testament to that, anyway I have a game plan for this game which is ....Try not to lose haha.

Rotherham too

Awesome. Just make sure you buy some more youngsters before as you only have seven under 21 players atm. Or you can loan some in if needed.

Thats six interested already which is awesome :D Hopefully a few more replies tomorrow

Also no worries SMH, cheers for letting us know as im gonna pm some managers tomorrow and you was one of them :D

Swindon Town Transfer News

A quick burst of transfer activity for us as 3 players that I thought had riser potential are sold off after 10 weeks...

Dmitri Poloz got a +2 and so we sold him off for a tidy profit.

Efe Ambrose didn't get the rise I was hoping for but we received a nice internal offer from Rotherham so we make a good profit on him also.

Ragnar Sigurdsson also didn't get the +1 I expected in the recent RPL review, even though his defensive partner is an 88, both players feature regularly and play for their NT... however, I've been playing this game long enough to know that SoccerWiki don't let trivial things like consistency interfere with their ratings... Anyhow, we finally accepted an external bid that brought us almost a 50% profit on him so all is good....

Whilst we are in Division 2 and holding our own financially we have decided that now is a good time to start building up a nice cash pot to ensure the security and future investment of the club.

I attended a Board meeting the other day to discuss how everyone was going to contribute to this.

As some of you know, my Chairman has already sacrificed his car for the Danny deal, the Board of Directors have both pledged a similar investment & the Assistant Manager has kindly donated his Xmas bonus. Unfortunately, when it came to my turn, I received an urgent phone call on my mobile so I had to quickly duck out of the meeting.

Even the WAGS are doing their bit. Mrs Defoe is organising a sponsored cake making competition, the cakes will be given as gifts to the FGR fans when they play us on 6th December,,,,, (72 cakes,,, so that should work out at two each??).

Plus the lovely Mrs Ignashevich is arranging a 7-a-side football match between the players wives and our reserve team. Ticket prices will be half price for the game (Season Ticket coupons not valid however).

The ladies have kindly asked me to play as CF for their team as, naturally, they will need someone of my ability to even things up. But when Mrs Ignashevich asked me if I wanted to play with two up front I almost choked on my chewing gum...

Blackpool 3-4 Fleetwood

This week break has really knocked our good form as we lose back to back games for the first time this season and get knocked out of the English Cup by a lower league side.

Was nervous of an upset before hand so only made four changes to our first team, which makes it more of a shock we lost. Went 3-0 down after just 15 minutes, and 4-1 at half-time. Iniesta and Negredo came off the bench and helped us back to 4-3 but was too much to recover.

Congrats on the win Johan :)

Crewe in again please :)

Good stuff mate' date=' Added you to the list :) We have eight managers now which is enough for me to go and organise it, there is still time for anyone else who wants to enter, but need to know by tomorrow.[/center']

Transfer news at Bolton:

3 Part deal with Sheffield United

Martinez & Carjaval traded out for Thomas Muller

Fischer traded out for Onazi & Caio

Green sold for 3.5 million

Still open to offers to change the squad up Keissling can leave for sure and others maybe if for teh right deal.

Transfer news at Bolton:

3 Part deal with Sheffield United

Martinez & Carjaval traded out for Thomas Muller

Fischer traded out for Onazi & Caio

Green sold for 3.5 million

Still open to offers to change the squad up Keissling can leave for sure and others maybe if for teh right deal.

HEREFORD are Boltons next chance of having their unbeaten run ended tonight, our tactical planning has taken months to put in place, good luck Dan.

Swindon Town Ladies beat Swindon Town Reserves 4-1 in their 7-a-side fund raising fixture. Manager Nicholas Fursse scored a superb hat-trick, made one assist and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

It was no big deal. I like to lead by example....

In other news we beat Wednesday on Monday.

Tonight we visit Malcolm's Bath. But not all at the same time obviously...

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Its time for the kids in the acadamies to shine once again as EC 7777 hosts its third youth competition. Eight teams have entered the competition, less than last year but this will hopefully avoid alot of forfeiting like previous seasons. Please send your fixtures asap (Home team to sends friendly request to away team, each team will send 4 friendly requests), ill give reminders if people forgot and reminders to set your teams the day before. Really excitied for a third installment and hope the guys competing enjoy it too! :D

Fixtures

Sunday 30th November 2014

Crewe v Carlisle

Blackpool v West Ham

Rotherham v Coventry

Sheffield United v Bristol City

Sunday 7th December 2014

Rotherham v Crewe

Carlisle v West Ham

Bristol City v Blackpool

Coventry v Sheffield United

Sunday 14th December 2014

Blackpool v Carlisle

Bristol City v Coventry

West Ham v Rotherham

Sheffield United v Crewe

Sunday 4th January 2015

Crewe v Bristol City

Carlisle v Rotherham

Coventry v Blackpool

Sheffield United v West Ham

Sunday 11th January 2015

Coventry v Crewe

Blackpool v Rotherham

Bristol City v West Ham

Carlisle v Sheffield United

Sunday 18th January 2015

Crewe v Blackpool

Bristol City v Carlisle

West Ham v Coventry

Sheffield United v Rotherham

Sunday 25th January 2015

Coventry v Carlisle

Crewe v West Ham

Rotherham v Bristol City

Blackpool v Sheffield United

The Rules

Each team is allowed to field two senior players (Over 21). However this time the senior players must be rated 89 or below as last seaon the 92+ players were winning games on there own. You can not field two seniors and sub one off for another senior (Two maximum playing during the game!). For example, Blackpool would use Rondon (89) and Van Rhijn (87) as seniors, but you can use any two of your choice and don't have to be the same two seniors every game. The rest of your team must be made up of players aged 21 or below (Can be any rating). You subs bench doesnt have to be filled with u-21s as some clubs won't have enough, but any subsitutes coming on need to be aged 21 or under.

If a player is 21 before the tournament begins he will be still be considered a youth player when turning 22.

If a team fields more than two senior players, they will automatically lose 3-0. Should both teams field more than three then again both teams will get a 3-0 loss.

Blackpool 1-2 Hull

Blackpool just cant get started after the break as we make it three defeates in a row now in all competitions. Created 17 shots to 6 so a bit annoyed to be on the losing end. Xabi Alonso opened the scoring on his Hull Debut, his fellow country man Deulofeu equalised for Blackpool on the 24th minute. Hull won it ten mins late through Gonuls goal.

Only two of the top nine teams won, so again doesnt cost us a league position and remain third.

A 1-1 draw with Hereford extends our unbeaten run to the sixteen games we have played this season (11-5), our star left back Schmelzer with our goal, I forgot to fix positions before the game with the few ins and outs so we had Diouf playing our of position all game and our late sub that came on for Keissling was none other than 75 rated defensive midfielder Maximilian Wagener, he did well up front and had a blast haha.

Sixteen games unbeaten can we get that extra one? Tranmere stand in the way of that on Saturday.

Queens Park Rangers dominated much of the play against Stoke City but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored the only goal for Queens Park Rangers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Disappointing not to win and Bacca will miss our next matches due to injury...

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Manchester United

I wasn't too happy with this result last night, as I thought Man U were there for the taking, and given that Rossi had two goal disallowed (never offside!!!). But reflecting upon it, I am now actually pretty pleased.

We are in a run of tough games and we are 4th in the league, with the best defensive record in 7777 at the moment (I think, although I know that in Div 1 we have played alot less games...).

Looking forward to our game on Saturday against Spurs as Martinez and Carvajal will make their debuts (I left them out of the Man U game to regain 100% fitness).

I'm liking my squad at the moment, but I need a new LB!!!!