English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Worst transfer ever?

Swapping Hiroshi Kiyotake (87) + cash for Vaseli Beresutsky (89).... within a couple of weeks Kiyotake got a +1 & Beresutsky got a -1... (although to be fair not many people saw that one coming).

Plus I have lost count of the number of times I have sold a player that a few weeks later gets a rise. Mainly it's the Chairmans fault though because he sanctions everything.... :rolleyes:

Ben-SCFC (Forum) steered Manchester City to victory against Hartlepool United.

Manchester City beat Hartlepool United 1 - 0 in their English Championship Shield Round 3 fixture.

Varane had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Agüero was on the scoresheet for his side.

We have drawn Torquay away in the last 16.

The offer for Leeroy OWUSU of Ajax from Aston Villa has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

owusu.png

Big fan of this lad. Been following him for a while, and spotted him on database in perfect time. Delighted to get him for cv!! :D

Everton have appointed Adriano Borges as the clubs new manager.

After 18 enjoyable months in charge of Carlisle United, I'm excited for the challenge ahead playing in the top Division of my favourite Game World.

Sad to leave my old side as I had grown quite attached to them, in fact had the opportunity to manage a Division 1 side come my way at the start of the season I probably wouldn't have taken it. However, I've now managed Carlisle through the Europa League (getting knocked out on goal difference) and given it a go at defending the FA Cup, so I felt this was the ideal time and club to move on to.

I've taken the time to review my new squad and how the current players will work when considering my playing style and chosen the players to transfer list. The players I'm most keen to sell are Soldado (I have too many strikers), either Alex or Alves (as I have one too many CBs also) and Victor Valdes (as I'm looking at trying Guzan as our number 1).

I really hope I'll be able to reunite with some of my favourites from Carlisle, but it depends on the next manager's plans - they might want to leave the squad as it is or adapt it to their own playing style. Hopefully a good, loyal manager comes in though.

A lot pressure: Shack's left some big shoes to fill and my first game vs West Brom is only one day away. The team looks injury hit and fatigued so I probably won't be able to be too picky with my Starting X1 - I might just have to take what I can get.

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Carlisle have been removed due to AB moving to Everton. There is no guarantee a new manager would want to continue in this competition, so I have decided to let Everton replace them. Please cancel your fixtures witth Carlisle and either send Everton a request on the same day or let AB send you one. Sorry to mess about but saves everyone getting a 3-0 win. Fixtures in red have been organised, fixtures in black still need to be sent or accepted.

Fixtures

Sunday 7th December 2014

Rotherham v Crewe

Bristol City v Blackpool

Coventry v Sheffield United

Everton v West Ham

Sunday 14th December 2014

Bristol City v Coventry

West Ham v Rotherham

Sheffield United v Crewe

Blackpool v Everton

Sunday 4th January 2015

Crewe v Bristol City

Coventry v Blackpool

Sheffield United v West Ham

Everton v Rotherham

Sunday 11th January 2015

Coventry v Crewe

Blackpool v Rotherham

Bristol City v West Ham

Everton v Sheffield United

Sunday 18th January 2015

Crewe v Blackpool

West Ham v Coventry

Sheffield United v Rotherham

Bristol City v Everton

Thursday 22nd Januray 2015

Everton v Coventry (Due to Coventry being unable to cancel Carlisle fixture)

Sunday 25th January 2015

Crewe v West Ham

Rotherham v Bristol City

Blackpool v Sheffield United

Nice to see Everton have fallen into good hands, was hoping somebody in the lower leagues to get a chance :) best of luck Adriano!

It will probably take a good few months for the fans to warm to you after me being so fantastic mind ;) haha

Nice to see Everton have fallen into good hands' date=' was hoping somebody in the lower leagues to get a chance :) best of luck Adriano!

It will probably take a good few months for the fans to warm to you after me being so fantastic mind ;) haha[/quote']

Well said Shackboy and good luck Adriano.

Nice to see Everton have fallen into good hands' date=' was hoping somebody in the lower leagues to get a chance :) best of luck Adriano!

It will probably take a good few months for the fans to warm to you after me being so fantastic mind ;) haha[/quote']

sorry to see you go Shack,

Glad that a deserving manager takes over a top club, good luck Adriano, now you can be on the other end of cup shocks.

Swindon Town beat Milton Keynes Dons 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

A convincing away win last night at the MK Stadium.. Jermain Defoe was busy all night and scored the first before Marques Maicon added a second just before the half-time whistle. As usual Miguel Danny was at the heart of the machine with his midfield dominance causing the Dons problems all match.

We were up against 3 ex-Swindon players in Athanasaidis, Carlinhos & Xavi Torres, two of which I see have dropped -1 since I sold them. That makes a welcome change as usually players tend to rise after I have moved them on :D

Adriano Borges steered Everton to victory against West Bromwich Albion.

Everton beat West Bromwich Albion 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Soldado scored both of the goals for Everton and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A good win in the end. This is a huge relief as I feared a debut thrashing might happen as injuries and fatigue left me with limited options.

I was cornered into playing a 4-3-2-1 formation, one that I've never used before, but it worked out okay in the end (even though it was a late Soldado penalty that secured the 3 points).

The line-up vs. West Brom:

Valdes

Johnson

Alex

Cahill

Marcano

Mahrez

Banega

Afellay

Gameiro

Altidore

Soldado

Transfer News:

A few cheap youngsters come in, leaving me 1 player short of fielding a Starting XI for the U21 Cup - this should be resolved soon though as I have put a bid in.

There are a few players transfer listed so please direct any offers to them (so far 2/3 offers received have been for players not on the list).

I have no use for Soldado (91) as I generally start only one centre forward and Dzeko will be first choice. I'm looking for a winger of either similar age/rating or one of lesser rating + a youngster or cash. Could be good for someone lacking goals or with too many midfielders.

Villa 2-4 Crewe

Glad to pick up 3 points against a very good Aston Villa side and this win now moves us up to 8th and a world apart from last seasons troubles.

Podolski has started to find goals again along with Valdez who notched his 12th goal of the season last night.

Things are going well for Crewe at the moment.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Queens Park Rangers and Derby County in their Division 3 fixture.

Bravo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Brahimi was on the scoresheet for his side.

A fair draw in a very balanced match between two great teams. It's a positive result for us, considering Derby is the inform team in Division 3. I was not sure which tactic to use for this match, so i picked a 4-4-1-1 and it worked well. Happy with it. Not so happy with Pirlo's injury... He will fail our next matches and he will definitely be missed!

Blackpool 2-1 Plymouth

Blackpool recorded a huge away win to the league leaders last night, coming from a goal down in the process. Plymouth were ahead in the second minute through N.Muller. Pepe equalised with his first goal of the season before the break. Skipper Carlos Tevez started on the bench after starting in Mondays shielld game, but he came off to score the winner 15 minutes from time. The other subsitutte Theo Walcott created the goal.

Remain third but just two points off top spot with Arsenal now leading the way

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 14

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 3rd December 2014, in a 4-2-4 formation.

Goalkeeper: De Gea (Newcastle)

Right Back: Beria (Wrexham)

Center Back: Gonalons (Stoke)

Center Back: Bungert (Rushden & Diamons)

Left Back: Marcelo (Man City)

Center Midfield: Ramsey (Crewe)

Center Midfield: Lemoine (Hartlepool)

Right Striker: Reus (Chelsea)

Center Forward: Berahino (York)

Center Forward: El Hamdaoui (Shrewsbury)

Left Striker: Eder (Wimbledon)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Chelsea winger Marco Reus!!!!

reus.png

Last season Marco Reus was voted player of the season by the managers of EC 7777 after a fantastic season with 18 goals and 21 assists in the second division. However he has struggled with the increased quality in division one this season, with just three assists prior to Wednesdays games. He finally ended the goal drought at Millwall with a hat-trick. The first chesting the ball down and volleying into the corner, and the other two were very good dribbles before blasting the ball past Begovic. Hopefully this boosts the German Internationals confidence and can kick start his season!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 14

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 3rd December 2014' date=' in a 4-2-4 formation.

Goalkeeper: De Gea (Newcastle)

Right Back: Beria (Wrexham)

Center Back: Gonalons (Stoke)

Center Back: Bungert (Rushden & Diamons)

Left Back: Marcelo (Man City)

Center Midfield: Ramsey (Crewe)

Center Midfield: Lemoine (Hartlepool)

Right Striker: Reus (Chelsea)

Center Forward: Berahino (York)

Center Forward: El Hamdaoui (Shrewsbury)

Left Striker: Eder (Wimbledon)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Chelsea winger Marco Reus!!!!

reus.png

Last season Marco Reus was voted player of the season by the managers of EC 7777 after a fantastic season with 18 goals and 21 assists in the second division. However he has struggled with the increased quality in division one this season, with just three assists prior to Wednesdays games. He finally ended the goal drought at Millwall with a hat-trick. The first chesting the ball down and volleying into the corner, and the other two were very good dribbles before blasting the ball past Begovic. Hopefully this boosts the German Internationals confidence and can kick start his season!

Marquinhos with 4 goals and 2 assists for Rotherham and no in team of the round:(

Marquinhos with 4 goals and 2 assists for Rotherham and no in team of the round:(

Mainly due to there very low rated side and low fitness I didnt put any in. Marq was close but a Reus played the same position and a hat-trick in Div 1 is more imprerssive imo.

Mainly due to there very low rated side and low fitness I didnt put any in. Marq was close but a Reus played the same position and a hat-trick in Div 1 is more imprerssive imo.

Elitism!!!!

I demand a recount' date=' haha and Frozy expect a libel case for slander in your mailbox from the mighty Barrow's lawyer in the morning.

[img']http://s4.pikabu.ru/images/big_size_comm/2014-09_3/1410672688325.jpg[/img]

Great work as always on the team of the round, always nice to read.

4762.pngYoungsters for sale at Newport

Have to re-focus on money-making because of my red bank account so, I'm selling some of the youngsters of the team.

Some are better than others, please take a look and if you are interested give me a ring. Thanks.

LOLO, Coronado AM,F© 21 80

SOUTTAR, John D(RC) 18 78

TAYLOR-SINCLAIR, Aaron D,DM,M(L) 23 78

ESTRADA, Josué F(RLC) 18 76

MCNULTY, Marc F© 22 76

MAXTED, Jon GK 21 74