English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool

Blackpool make in three league wins in a row with a narrow win over Liverpool. Carlos Tevez opened the scoring in the 40th minute from the penalty spot. The skipper doubled the scoring in the 74th minute with a header and now has 9 league goals in 13 starts and could be on target to beat his best of 19 for us. With Blackpool 2-0 up Tevez, Iniesta and Pepe were subsituted. Liverpool scored straight after through Andre Schurrle to set up a nervy end.

Remain third, huge game at the Etihad on Wednesday

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 14

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for games played on Saturday 6th December 2014, in a 4-3-3 formation

Goalkeeper: Zabret (Darlington)

Right Back: Richards (Barnsley)

Center Back: Sunjic (Swindon)

Center Back: Carrico (Brentford)

Left Back: Digne (Shorpe)

Center Midfield: Boateng (Plymouth)

Center Midfield: Petrak (Barnsley)

Center Midfield: Elm (Huddersfield)

Right Forward: Anichebe (Reading)

Center Forward: Gotze (Sheffield United)

Left Forward: Charles (Newport)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Sheffield United striker Mario Gotze!!!!

gotze.jpg

For the second time this season the World Cup winner wins the award. Was at the heart of everything good in Sheffield Unitds 5-2 win over Everton. He set up the opener in the first minute for Koke to score. Twenty minutes later he provided the killer pass to make it 2-0 with Taison scoring. In the 36th minute Gotze added his name to the scoresheet with a superb dipping free-kick. Gotze rounded off the scoring with his second late on with a long range effort. The 22 year old is already having his best season, with 12 goals and 5 assists in 15 games making him one of the stand out players in the Premier League this season!

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Reminder for those in the competiton to set your teams for tomorrows fixtures. Only two players over 21 years old allowed, the seniors must be rated 89 or below or you will get a 3-0 loss.

Rotherham v Crewe

Bristol City v Blackpool

Coventry v Sheffield United

Everton v West Ham

Good Luck :) (sorry for three posts in a row)

Adriano Borges was unable to prevent a Everton defeat to Sheffield United.

Everton have lost to Sheffield United 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Banega and Afellay were amongst the goalscorers.

Well this is a low moment. If there was a 'honeymoon period', then it's certainly over now.

Credit to Sheffield United where it's due though, especially Gotze, who were terrific today. We were sub-par but still missing some key players. Unfortunately, the experimental 4-3-2-1 didn't work this time but I won't rule out trying it again.

Trying to shape the team to my specs is proving tough, I guess having stuck to external deals at Carlisle for sustainability reasons, I was never aware of how difficult it is to make an internal deal happen.

Soldado (91) and Alex (90) will not get much playing time so it seems a shame to keep hold of them. I'm not fussed if the player(s) received for them are lower rated, I'm more interested in those who can fit into my set-up.

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Fleetwood Town in their Division 3 fixture.

A cruel defeat for us, a goal in the very last minute of the match... :( Draw would be completely fair for both teams as it was a perfect balanced match. Unfair for my players who gave their best, but i'm now sure we will be up there in top 6 sooner or later!

Swindon Town beat Forest Green Rovers 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

It's been a while since I played against my old adversary, JMH. Usually he gets the better of me but, on this occasion, we got it absolutely nailed on although, looking at the stats, Rovers were unlucky not to have taken away at least a point.

MOTM Jermain Defoe opened the scoring but just after the break Artem Dzyuba saw a straight red, which I thought was a little harsh, for a challenge on Iturraspe.

However, we held our ground well, made a couple of changes and in the last ten minutes put the result beyond doubt with goals from Michael Frey and Toni Sunjic. Sunjic is only rated 85, but has responded well since being called up to stand in for the injured Ignashevic and even made it into this weeks Team of the Round.

Star of the show was, once again, Miguel Danny who provided all 3 assists.

Unlucky Jack, good game and look forward to the return match.

Well this is a low moment. If there was a 'honeymoon period'' date=' then it's certainly over now.

Credit to Sheffield United where it's due though, especially Gotze, who were terrific today. We were sub-par but still missing some key players. Unfortunately, the experimental 4-3-2-1 didn't work this time but I won't rule out trying it again.

[/quote']

Really happy we got the win after our stuttering form of late. Played 4-5-1 to try to keep hold of the ball and it paid off with us getting 61% possession.

The player of the round goes to Sheffield United striker Mario Gotze!!!!

gotze.jpg

For the second time this season the World Cup winner wins the award. Was at the heart of everything good in Sheffield Unitds 5-2 win over Everton. He set up the opener in the first minute for Koke to score. Twenty minutes later he provided the killer pass to make it 2-0 with Taison scoring. In the 36th minute Gotze added his name to the scoresheet with a superb dipping free-kick. Gotze rounded off the scoring with his second late on with a long range effort. The 22 year old is already having his best season' date=' with 12 goals and 5 assists in 15 games making him one of the stand out players in the Premier League this season![/center']

Gotze!!!!! He has been amazing this season, and has really stepped up since Mullers departure.

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Here are the reslts from tonights FA Youth Cup.

Sunday 7th December 2014

Rotherham 0-2 Crewe

Bristol City 2-1 Blackpool

Sheffield United 5-1 Coventry

West Ham 4 - 2 Everton (Everton win 3-0 due to West Ham fielding a 90 rated senior)

Coventry fielded three seniors, but kept it at 5-1 as a 3-0 is worse for Sheffield United. Hopeefully next week we get no rule breaks :D

Table

Sheffield United - 6 Points - GF 8 - GA 1 - GD +7

Everton - 6 Points - GF 6 - GA 0 - GD +6

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 6 - GA 5 - GD +1

Blackpool - 3 Points - GF 2 - GA 2 - GD 0

Crewe - 3 Points - GF 2 - GA 3 - GD -1

Bristol City - 3 Points - GF 2 - GA 4 - GD -2

West Ham - 0 Points - GF 0 - GA 4 - GD -4

Coventry - 0 Points - GF 4 - GA 11 - GD -7

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Andy Polo (Sheffield United) - 4

Luciano Vietto (Coventry) - 3

Vinicius Araujo (Rotherham) - 3

Mirnes Pepic (Rotherham) - 2

Amindo Bruma (Blackpool) - 1

Salomon Rondon (Blackpool) - 1

Alessane Plea (Bristol City) - 1

Sander Van De Streek (Bristol City) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Coventry) - 1

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 1

Mirko Vucinic (Everton) - 1

Yoann Gourcuff (Everton) - 1

Leanardo Villalba (Rotherham) - 1

Lazar Markovic (Sheffield United) - 1

Leonardo Bittencourt (Sheffield United) - 1

Next fixture is on Sunday 14th December, the final game before a break for Christmas. I will post reminders again on Saturday :)

We have Muller injured & Diouf, Onazi & Caio cup tied so we will be giving games to fringe players Van Dijk, Munoz & Sheshukov whilst youth team members Garcia, Peterson, Freidrich & Brandt will also start for the cup tie against Shorpe tonight, an 84 average side, hopefully they are good enough to do the business as resting players for the league is the priority as we want to be in that top division alongside Shorpe.

Picked up Real Madrid kid Marcos Legaz for 280k, has moved up through the juveniles to Castilla.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.diariobernabeu.com/marcos-legaz-llama-la-puerta-del-castilla-de-zidane/11336&prev=search

We have 8 players cup tied (plus one player out injured) for tonight's 4th round match with Fleetwood.

Not holding out much hope...

and here we are:

Sheffield United have suffered their heaviest ever cup defeat after losing 4 - 0 to Fleetwood Town.

Always nice to break a club record after all this time :D

Swindon Town have been knocked out of the English Championship Cup

No positive cup news from County Ground either :(

Lost 3-2 against Sunderland in a close match.

Michael Frey twice equalised to keep us in the tie but in the final ten minutes a well worked free-kick that set up Javier Hernandez proved to be our undoing.

Happy we made it passed the 2nd round though and now can concentrate on the league.

An upgrade of sorts for Bolton with Sheshukov (87) & 4 million heading to Ajax with centre half replacement Niklas Moisander (88) heading to the Macron, medical permitting that is.

With only ourselves and Carlisle having had Moisander on the shortlist I just made my bid up to CV hoping they wouldn't/couldn't bid, nice piece on the puzzle for us as we are a defensive team, we have tried to offload Munoz and cash for a CB but have been met with deaf ears so I am pleased enough to pick up a decent 88 from external, Moisander is a couple of years younger and a rating higher than Sheshukov so the deal works.

Raúl GARCÍA has completed his move to Everton from Huddersfield Town in a swap deal for Roberto SOLDADO

Pleased to make my first big signing and I'm sure the Huddersfield manager is too since he has technically swapped a 90 rated player for a 91. None-the-less, there was no point having Dzeko, Gameiro and Soldado all fighting over one spot when the midfield options were slim so I located a lot of suitable midfield options and in the end just threw bids in hoping one would be accepted.

Raul Garcia will play a role in tonight's match vs. Hull City, whether that be in the Starting XI or on the bench. Gourcuff and Adam are the only absentees so I'm pleased to have more options than in my opening two games.

Back to the business end tonight with a visit to Cardiff City. We have only managed one draw in our last three matches against the Bluebirds so we will be looking to improve on that.

Michael Frey has put away 3 goals in his last 2 games but will drop to the bench to make way for our main striker, Jermain Defoe.

85 rated Bosnian DC Toni Sunjic keeps his place in the starting line-up due to Ignashevich's absence through injury.

We have also secured the recent signing of a couple of youth players.

Nikita Chernov joins us from CSKA Moscow. The 18 yo defender is only rated 72 but this season has been promoted to the first team and played some minutes in the Russian cup. Also has broken into the U21 NT so we hope he will be a good investment for the future.

Amadou Moutari is another African youngster snapped up this time by Anzhi. Despite being relegated last season Anzhi are on course to bounce straight back to the RPL and the Midfielder from Niger is already establishing himself as a first team regular. Also getting plenty of international minutes in the African Nations Cup Qualifiers.

With the Club now rolling in £s we will be looking to make a couple of other purchases in the near future including a new BMW for the Chairman (his bicycle is giving him blisters on his backside and he is nearly 60 you know).

We rested Muller for tonight as he wasn't fit enough to play, it was a tough game against Wolves what finished 0-0, not the best of results for us as we could have done with a win, they had chances we had enough chances as well but Forster got M.o.M for them with a decent performance, the result still keeps us top but only just as Newcastle steaming up there.

Good game buddy.

Blackpool 1-6 Man City

Cant quite understand how we lost so heavily, we actually had more shots on target. Probably deserved to lose looking at possesion by not by five. Guess the quality in strikers really showed tonight

Still third which is good, hopefully get a win against relegation fighting Middlesbrough at the weekend.

Long time no speak, and just totally abysmal at Southampton, I just can't crack this league, Matuidi rising to 92 and Lavezzi keeping his 92 might help, but I'm seeming to pick up an injury or suspension every single game now.

Ljajic has played one games since his rejoin, Schneiderlin been out for a while, and now Mangala is out....

Just I'll keep at it as its the best league in SM, but its just getting so annoying. With this new automated Soccerwiki review system, surely Chambers due his rise to 87 soon....