English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Swindon Town beat Preston North End 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture

Mathew Ryan's debut didn't get off to the best of starts as we found ourselves struggling 2-0 down early on in the match.

A couple of important saves later on though helped him settle down and then the magic of Miguel Danny began to shine through as his influence in midfield helped put us back in the game.

A brace from the master himself put us level before half-time and then a Jake Livermore goal straight after the restart gave us the lead.

After that we tended to sit back and let Preston try and take the initiative, which they very nearly did when substitute Jurado saw his marching orders after only 9 minutes on the field for a two footed challenge.

But with Ryan's confidence improving throughout the match we managed to hold on to take all 3 points. Very pleased with the performance and the way the team came back from behind to take the win.

well' date=' just noticed that next match is against yeovil town, that stands 1st in div4... a nice match to end the run :)[/quote']
Celebrated my 200th game in style with a 3-1 win at Newport.

The win puts us 6 points clear at the top.

And it actually happened. Yeovil put an end to the "magical" moment :o

Very open match' date=' 52 shots from which 34 on target! The possession did the trick.

Congratulations HannahB for the win and the 200th match! You are well launched towards the title and Div3!

At least the team is still breaking records :)

Record crowd watches Newport County. 5,053 fans turned out to watch Newport County against Yeovil Town breaking the previous home record attendance.

Celebrated my 200th game in style with a 3-1 win at Newport.

The win puts us 6 points clear at the top.

And it actually happened. Yeovil put an end to the "magical" moment :o

Very open match' date=' 52 shots from which 34 on target! The possession did the trick.

[/quote']

Congratulations to Hannah and well done to Marcos. Both of you are having a good season so far and its great to see two good managers enjoying some success.

Hope you both continue to do well in your push for promotion. I always keep an eye on Division 4 as I try never to forget my roots ha-ha..... (I know I will probably end up back there one day)!

Congratulations to Hannah and well done to Marcos. Both of you are having a good season so far and its great to see two good managers enjoying some success.

Hope you both continue to do well in your push for promotion. I always keep an eye on Division 4 as I try never to forget my roots ha-ha..... (I know I will probably end up back there one day)!

Thanks Nicholas! You're closer to Div1 than Div4 :), keep pushing!!!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 18

Hey guys. Here is my team of the round for last nights games (17/12/14) in a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Jourdren (Yeovil)

Right Back: Vrsaljko (Shrewsbury)

Center Back: Cambiasso (Fulham)

Center Back: Collins (Luton)

Left Back: De La Bella (Oldham)

Center Midfield: Granero (Preston)

Center Midfield: Simao (Chesterfield)

Center Midfield: Enoh (Tamworth)

Right Forward: Dempsey (Middlesbrough)

Center Forward: Benzema (Sunderland)

Left Forward: Palacio (Oldham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Middlesbrough striker Clint Dempsey!!!!

clint_dempsey.png

A night to remember for the American International as he scored a hat-trick against Manchester United in a 5-1 win. Despite a slow start to the season, with just two goals prior to Wednesdays match he has an impressive record with Middlesborough. He has scored 25 goals and created 17 in 71 games

. Eyong Enoh of Tamworth deserves a mention for his hat-trick and three assists from center midfield, usually would easily win player of the round but its against Tamworth who are just awful atm.

Alright lads' date='back in as Stockport Manager,for those that don't remember I used to be Sunderland manager.

Great to be back,and would appreciate a loan or two lol:D

Edit thanks for the loan Marc.[/quote']

Great to see you back, and no worries :)

A nice 4-1 win for us over Gillingham, we tweaked the tactics a bit to try to edge out more goals in the second half with 60 min changes and it seemed to work as we scored on 64 & 67 mins, Muller, Onazi, Keissling & De Bruyne were our scorers.

Nice enough first half of the season for us, we are performing well above expectations.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Queens Park Rangers and Oxford United in their Division 3 fixture.

Siqueira scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bacca was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Only draws and defeats for my QPR lately (3 draws & 3 losses)... Hard times. Hopefully we will bounce back soon enough!

Blackpool came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Peterborough. Morata and Yattara put The Posh 2-0 up after 22 minutes, Enzo Perez pulled one back before half-time, Danilo with the Blackpool equaliser in the 53rd minute. Asamoah was sent off moments later for Blackpool for a second yellow card.

Stops a run of three defeats, but no win in four now which is not good enough. Thankfully the top six all drew so we lose now ground on the Champions League places and stay fifth

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Birmingham City in their Division 2 fixture

Every home match is almost a sell out crowd these days, which is great. It can't be long before we get a stadium increase. In fact the Chairman is already implementing his plans for expansion. This morning he hired a Pickfords van to bring in 4 of his dining room chairs from home to add to the Executive lounge, increasing it's capacity by 25%.

We didn't give the Swindon faithful much to cheer last night though. With our midfield maestro Danny Miguel out on suspension we lacked our usual inventiveness and spent most of the game on the defensive. Towards the end I thought we were going to nick a goalless draw but in the last 10 minutes we finally folded and let the Brummies score twice to deservedly take the points.

I just realised that our next match against Fulham is on Christmas Eve!

That's a bit of a bummer actually as I was supposed to be at our local Gentleman's club, Foxies, to make a speech and switch on the Christmas Tree lights before the girls put on their latest show "Miss Santa in Stockings". I was quite looking forward to that but I don't think I can make it back from Craven Cottage in time.

I hate it when my job interferes with my charity work :mad:

Every home match is almost a sell out crowd these days' date=' which is great. It can't be long before we get a stadium increase. In fact the Chairman is already implementing his plans for expansion. This morning he hired a Pickfords van to bring in 4 of his dining room chairs from home to add to the Executive lounge, increasing it's capacity by 25%.

We didn't give the Swindon faithful much to cheer last night though. With our midfield maestro Danny Miguel out on suspension we lacked our usual inventiveness and spent most of the game on the defensive. Towards the end I thought we were going to nick a goalless draw but in the last 10 minutes we finally folded and let the Brummies score twice to deservedly take the points.

I just realised that our next match against Fulham is on Christmas Eve!

That's a bit of a bummer actually as I was supposed to be at our local Gentleman's club, Foxies, to make a speech and switch on the Christmas Tree lights before the girls put on their latest show "Miss Santa in Stockings". I was quite looking forward to that but I don't think I can make it back from Craven Cottage in time.

I hate it when my job interferes with my charity work :mad:[/quote']

You are not supposed to charge such a high fee when doing charity work, they aren't expected to see you as a charity, that's the job of the missus.

HEREFORD find themselves in an unusual position of being in the play offs and even more unusual, we are happy to be one place behind Swindon.

A 3-2 home win over MK Dons has put us in 6th place, although we are only 3 points away from being mid table so we wont getting our hopes up.

I hope you all have an enjoyable xmas.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 19

Hey guys. Little bit late but heres the team of the round for games played on Saturday 20th December 2014. Using a 3-4-3 formation as no full back really stood out (Other than Richardson)

Goalkeeper: Curci (Huddersfield)

Center Back: Bonucci (Tottenham)

Center Back: Basa (Hereford)

Center Back: Albiol (Ipswich)

Right Midfield: Griezmann (Tottenham)

Center Midfield: Di Maria (Leeds)

Center Midfield: Vierinha (Tranmere)

Left Midfield: Januzaj (Crystal Palace

Striker: Schurrle (Liverpool)

Striker: Modeste (Fleetwood)

Striker: Bezus (Rotherham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Crystal Palace winger Adnan Januzaj!!!!

januzaj.png

Second Crystal Palace player to win in three rounds. Lamela won it last time from left midfield, and on Saturday Januzaj played in place of the Argentine and made a real claim to play on a regular basis with this being only his fourth appearance in the EPL. Palace travelled to Old Trafford, a former club of the young Belgian in a thrilling 3-3 draw. It was Januzaj's first ever goals in the top flight, two coming from direct free-kicks and the other after a great dribble and a curling shot past Hugo Lloris.

A nice 2-0 win for us over Wrexham~De Bruyne with a brace and Keislling provided both assists.

Still six and seven points clear at the top but Newcastle & Sunderland are scarily chasing us down.

Howedes getting a +1 to 91 was a welcome bonus, pleased that Selke got a +5 as well, in other news we turned down an 8 million bid for Brandt from Gateshead.

I must say I am overawed by some of the performances the lads have been putting in this season.

Merry Christmas 7777!