English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Blackpool 4-1 Charlton

After no win in four games its a good early christmas present to return to winning ways. Goals from Pepe, Deulofeu and a brace from Walcott.

With four of the top six dropping points, Blackpool move into third :)

The title looks impossible to claw back, only 7 points but Neymar is just destorying the league. 23 goals and 12 assists in 18 starts....(Somebody injury him to make the title race interesting :P)

Merry Christmas to all. Team of the Round wont be up till Friday/Saturday

Queens Park Rangers beat Norwich City 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored both of the goals for Queens Park Rangers and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

We finally returned to winning ways after 6 matches without feeling the taste of victory! There's still a long way to go to join top6, which is our goal, but hopefully we can build on this win. Unfortunately we will miss Denisov in the next 3 matches due to suspension, and also Heurtaux because of injury. Pirlo is still out too... Happy to see Bacca finally returning to good performances though!

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Fulham in their Division 2 fixture

Very happy with an away point against a very strong Fulham side. With Georgi Schennikov joining Ignashevich on the unavailable list we had to rely on 82 rated Baba to slot in at the left but, to be honest, we never looked out of our depth.

Mathew Ryan put in an impressive performance, dealing with everything until a curling shot from Cambiasso got passed him.

We never gave up though and in the 78th minute our dogged persistence paid off when Miguel Danny out jumped everybody to powerfully head home a well placed corner from Jake Livermore.

Need to it all again on Saturday though with a trip against another 90 rated side, Sunderland.

Merry Christmas to everyone !!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 20

Hey guys. Hope everyone had good christmas. Heres the team of the round for games played on Christmas eve! (Satuday 24th December 2014). Using a 3-5-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Rybka (Macclesfield)

Center Back: Mertesacker (Liverpool)

Center Back: Luiz (Sunderland)

Center Back: Carvalho (Brentford)

Right Midfield: Walcott (Blackpool)

Center Midfield: Fellaini (Everton)

Center Midfield: Kroos (Newcastle)

Center Midfield: De Paul (Oxford)

Left Midfield: Mendy (Kettering)

Striker: Benzema (Sunderland)

Strker: Cavani (Newcastle)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Newcastle striker Edison Cavani!!!!

cavani.jpg

Quite simply a magnificent performance from Newcastle on Wednesday, thrashing a fully fit and very strong West Ham side 9-1 at Upton Park. Cavani, along with Kroos were key to victory with Cavani scoring a hat-trick before half-time. He got one assist before the break, and set up another two goals for Toni Kroos in the second half. Cavani now has 13 goals this season, and his record in the second division is amazing. 136 goals in 226 starts, and his goals will be vital if Newcastle are to get back into Division 1.

A daunting trip tonight to the Stadium of Light, which has a capacity 3 x what my team are used to in Swindon!

No major selection headaches ahead of the game although Shennikov is now back from suspension and will take his usual place on the left. Not sure whether to drop Sunjic or move him to the right to let Kabore return to his favoured position in central midfield., but if I do that then it means dropping Jake Livermore who is in good form right now,,,,,

Decisions, decisions,, my missus tells me that SM is easy compared to her Russian Zombie Farm but she has no idea of the pressure and stress that SM puts you under and how I have to make so many difficult decisions on a daily basis.

Anyway,, how do you get to Sunderland? We have never played there before. Miguel Danny says he kind of remembers the way but that was from Blackpool last season. Don't really want to detour that far. I heard that Sunderland is very close to Scotland... is it safe?

A battling encounter for us tonight against Aston Villa, we switched up the formation to try to counter the 3-5-2, we got the result with a 2-1 win courtesy of a Keissling brace for us with a Belhanda goal for Villa sandwiching them, game was pretty even so we were probably lucky to escape with three points as could be shown by our keeper Krul grabbing the M.o.M, no complaints here though as we keep our six point lead at the top.

Unlucky Frozy good game.

Blackpool 2-2 Leeds

Blackpool rested most of the big name players for Mondays shield quarter final in mind, only Iniesta and Negredo starting against Leeds. We were 2-0 down at half-time after a brace from Ronaldo. Iniesta pulled one back on the hour and Negredo finally scored his first Premie league goal for Blackpool after nine appearances.

We drop down to fourth.

A battling encounter for us tonight against Aston Villa' date=' we switched up the formation to try to counter the 3-5-2, we got the result with a 2-1 win courtesy of a Keissling brace for us with a Belhanda goal for Villa sandwiching them, game was pretty even so we were probably lucky to escape with three points as could be shown by our keeper Krul grabbing the M.o.M, no complaints here though as we keep our six point lead at the top.

Unlucky Frozy good game.[/quote']

good game mate well done

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Sunderland in their Division 2 fixture.

We expected a difficult night against an in-form Sunderland and we got it! I am pretty sure some of the inexperienced players in my squad will have been overawed by the sheer noise from the vast number of fanatical mackems that turned out in force to support their team.

As well as having terrific support the Black Cats also have a very impressive line-up, one that is well worthy of returning to the top division.

Their 91 rated side proved too much for us although we gave a good account of ourselves. We kept battling hard despite being 2-0 down before half-time. A Jermain Defoe flick was tucked away by new boy, Baba, to give us a late consolation goal and, in the last minute, a hopeful long range smash from Jake Livermore could easily have have given us a shock equaliser but Pepe Reina managed to keep it out.

So overall I am happy that we didn't get rolled over, which on paper we probably should have done. We only managed half as many shots as Sunderland but we kept more possession, which displays the kind of battling spirit & determination that my Swindon Town have shown throughout this season to keep us in the position we are in.

HEREFORD go above Swindon after a 5-2 home win over Cardiff.

I think 5th place is the highest we have ever been, also -

Record crowd watches Hereford United. 11,593 fans turned out to watch Hereford United against Cardiff City breaking the previous home record attendance.

On top of that Meier gets a +1 to become an 89, very surprised at this but it is needed after seeing so many of our players drop in ratings this year.

Round 21

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 27th December 2014, in a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Fabianksi (Birmingham)

Center Back: Dominguez (Shorpe)

Center Back: Mascherano (Chelsea)

Center Back: Dummett (Rochdale)

Right Midfield: Ribeiro (Leicester)

Center Midfield: Moutinho (Millwall)

Left Midfield: Alba (Manchester United)

Striker: Ronaldo (Leeds)

Striker: Cavani (Newcastle)

Striker: Ben Yedder (Burnely)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Burnley striker

Wissam Ben Yedder!!!!

ben_yedder.jpg

Almost gave to Cavani for the second round in a row after he scored two goals and two assists. But Ben Yedder went one better and netterd a hat-trick and had a hand in the other two goals as Burnley ran out 5-0 winners against Morecambe. A huge win that lifts them away from the relegation zone. Ben Yedder has been one of the only good things going for Bunrley fans, with 7 goals and 7 assists in 12 starts. Fans will hope his fine form continues to keep Burnleys Division three status.

Round 21

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 27th December 2014' date=' in a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Fabianksi (Birmingham)

Center Back: Dominguez (Shorpe)

Center Back: Mascherano (Chelsea)

Center Back: Dummett (Rochdale)

Right Midfield: Ribeiro (Leicester)

Center Midfield: Moutinho (Millwall)

Left Midfield: Alba (Manchester United)

Striker: Ronaldo (Leeds)

Striker: Cavani (Newcastle)

Striker: Ben Yedder (Burnely)

Fellaini making the cut for the second consecutive Round. Very pleased with that.

Yeovil Town beat York City 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Jourdren had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

N\'doye was on the scoresheet for his side.

Unbeaten in 18 games and now 8 points clear of 2nd place.

You are really doing great, congratulations! You broke my good run and since then I lost my boys! 3 defeats in 4 matches :(

Another manager I would like to congratulate is michael h, from Lincoln City (136 matches so far). He did 2nd in Div5, after a great season 7, but missed the play-off promotion. Another great season 8, being 2nd again, but managing to be promoted in the play-offs. He is now 11th in Div4 and maintaining the chance of promotion fight. Keep pushing michael!

Blackpool 3-0 Port Vale

Blackpool advance into the semi-finals of the English Shield after a win against Division 3 side Port Vale. We have been taking this competition very seriously and fielded our strongest XI (Except Negredo). Port Vale didnt change team from the weekend so were pretty tired, and surprised star man Cassano as benced again.

With that it was a comfortable win. A brace from Iniesta and a penalty from Tevez inbetween sealed the win. With Man City and Aston Villa losing, we are huge favorites to lift the shield for a second time, but always hard in a cup competition.

We host Tamworth (Div 5) in the semi-final and the other match is Cheltenham (Div 4) v Rotherham (Div 5). Awesome achievement for the other three to reach this far. Now the daunting task of facing Neymar on Wednesday :(

Blackpool 3-0 Port Vale

Blackpool advance into the semi-finals of the English Shield after a win against Division 3 side Port Vale. We host Tamworth (Div 5) in the semi-final and the other match is Cheltenham (Div 4) v Rotherham (Div 5). Awesome achievement for the other three to reach this far. Now the daunting task of facing Neymar on Wednesday :(

I sense a giant killing despite the fact that the core of my team (including Lacazette) is ineligible. We should really be going for the playoffs, but I can't turn down the opportunity for some silverware! :P

I have the Port Vale offer.. I wont be taking them on.

Liverpool looking to revamp squad ?

Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC, Lionel MESSI, Mesut ÖZIL, Steven GERRARD, Nuri SAHIN, Adam JOHNSON and Ricky ALVAREZ are rumoured to be amongst those the manager wants to sell in an attempt to change things around for the Scousers who are having a mediocre season so far. In return Liverpool are looking to bring in a top-notch defender are a quality striker and central midfielder.

An entertaining game between us and West Ham produces a five goal thriller, Muller & Ranocchia had us 2-0 up early doors then Luke Shaw was sent off for West Ham, they pilled one back before HT through Susaeta but Keissling restored the two goal lead in the opening minutes of the second half, Benat reduced the deficit to one with a goal on the half hour mark but Bolton held on for the win.

Unlucky buddy hope you can find some good form soon.

We switched up formation to a 3-2-2-2-1 attacking to try to exploit West Ham with them not being in the best of form, we got the win but the game was closer than I hoped it would be.

The win keeps us six points clear at the top as Newcastle won but we extend the gap to third place to ten points as Sunderland 's six game winning run is ended by Forest.

Lovelyjubbly great way to end the year, Happy New Year people.