English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Swindon Town beat Crewe Alexandra 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture

Swindon ended the year on a high note with a 2-1 victory in our derby match against Crewe. Only 28 empty seats for this one, which, if I may be forgiven for blowing my own trumpet, is a testament to the exciting & free-flowing football that we encourage at this club.

I made a few changes for this match following the signing of Roman Eremenko from Bradford City. The Finnish international has long been on my shortlist but the previous Bradford manager wasn't interested in selling. To be honest neither was the new manager & I felt a little bad that we ended up poaching him through the concerns system. It's always tough on a new manager when he joins a new club & has to deal with player concerns that are through no making of his own.

Anyway, it is unlikely that Eremenko will have to worry about lack of games at Swindon as his attacking/midfield capabilities will fit in nicely with our style of play.

At the beginning of the season we signed Tino Costa from Sheffield United to be our midfield playmaker but, to be perfectly honest, the Argentinian hasn't really settled in and his average performances have been a little disappointing at times. Therefore Eremenko will take his place in the team and Costa has been placed on the transfer list. It won't take a huge sum to entice him away from us.

I was very happy with the performance against Crewe. Jermain Defoe scored our two goals and could have made it a hat trick if he hadn't blasted a penalty wide (again) but our supremo was, as usual, Miguel Danny. Our midfield star asserted his authority over everything and set up both the goals.

Strangely enough, man of the match went to Crewe's Benjamin Corgnet. Don't get me wrong, he played very well and scored their only goal, but personally my choice would be the player that completely dominated midfield, assisted the two goals that won the match and kept the highest rated player on the pitch (Aaron Ramsey) from barely getting a mention in the match commentary. Oh well,, :rolleyes:

Happy New Year everyone!!

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Queens Park Rangers beat Notts County 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Pirlo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Siqueira and Brahimi were also amongst the goalscorers.

Everything is easier when Pirlo is around! :P In his awaited return from injury, he grabs 2 assist and score a goal himself, winning the match for us! Class B) I just hope he can stay injury free now for a while, because he's obviously a vital part of our team and we struggled during his long absence.

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

The FA Youth Cup resumes on Sunday, this is just a reminder for the other seven clubs taking part. Remember only a max TWO seniors allowed to feature (Over 21, but rated 89 or below).

Sunday 4th Januray Fixtures

Everton v Rotherham

Crewe v Bristol City

Blackpool v Coventry

Sheffield United v West Ham

Table

Sheffield United - 7 Points - GF 9 - GA 2 - GD +7

Everton - 6 Points - GF 6 - GA 3 - GD +3

Blackpool - 6 Points - GF 5 - GA 2 - GD +3

Crewe - 4 Points - GF 3 - GA 4 - GD -1

Bristol City - 4 Points - GF 5 - GA 7 - GD -2

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 6 - GA 7 - GD -1

West Ham - 3 Points - GF 2 - GA 4 - GD -2

Coventry - 1 Points - GF 7 - GA 14 - GD -7

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 22

Hey guys. A bit late due to new year but heres my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 31st December 2014. This time in a 3-5-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Hart (Manchester City)

Center Back: Alderweireld (Wolves)

Center Back: Taylor (Stoke)

Center Back: Dodo (Shrewsbury)

Right Midfield: Lennon (Newcastle)

Center Midfield: Perisic (Wrexham)

Center Midfield: Pirlo (QPR)

Center Midfield: Nem (Southport)

Left Midfield: Nani (Sheffield Wednesday)

Striker: Zapata (Nottingham Forest)

Strker: Mitrovic (Cheltenham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Wolves defender

Toby Alderweireld!!!!

Alderweireld.jpg

Very rare for defenders to win this award, but the Belguim International played a huge role in Wolves 2-0 win over MK Dons. His free-kick in the 38th minute was headed in by Matic, and in the 84th minute hit an amazing long range effort into the top corner. Toby is having a very good season at the back for Wolves and is currently his best goal scoring season with 4 goals and will be a key player as Wolves try to survive in Division 2.

Thanks to Sturridge Balotelli and Brendan Rodgers, Raheem Sterling got his strikers position this morning. Add to that the fact that he should get at least a 90 in English reviews, Sterling goes from a bench role player to replacing an 87/88 Icardi alongside Diego Costa.

I like!

Russia outclassed Iraq and beat them 2 - 1 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 15 fixture.

Actually I wouldn't have said 'outclassed'... Despite enjoying most of the possession we made hard work of getting 3 pts against the group whipping boys!

Swindon's Artem Dzyuba finally broke the deadlock late in the second half to the relief of the Moscow crowd, only for Iraq to equalise with 9 minutes remaining on the clock.

Just when it looked like I would have to settle for a disappointing point and a morning meeting with an angry Kremlin, Alan Dzagoev popped up in the dying seconds to convert a Shirokov free-kick.

So we remain on course for qualification to England at the end of the season. Next we have a difficult home match against Austria, who are currently level on points with us but with a game in hand. Obviously a match Russia must win and hopefully with more conviction than we put in last night.

To be honest I saw a better performance at the ните флите bar on Тверская street after the match.

Jeremy Toulalan join div.5 side Rotherham to help them get the promotion.The 90rated defensive midfield will play a little before our defence and will have a big part of stopping other side attacks.This transfer break our record for highest transfer fee paid as he join us for little more than 12M,this will mean some players should leave the team,the first one Paco Montanes is already on his way to Espanyol for around 6M and the other Gabrielle Angella is rumoured to back in Italy again for around 6M.

Schmelzer, Onazi & Keissling score our goals as we ease past Bath 3-1, Keislling picked up a 1 match ban for his yellow and also picked up a 12 day injury.

Unlucky Mr. M, good game.

Newcastle slip up so we move 8 points clear at the top with our fifth win on the bounce, loving this season so far. :)

Transfer news:

A bit of a clearout for us as we sold Brandt for 10.1 million & Munoz for 8.9 million, Gudetti left for 4.6 & Marouka for just over half a mill.

Giovanni Simeone comes in for half a million & MYSTKOWSKI and P.BOCHNIEWICZ.

Blackpool 1-2 Manchester United

Dissapointing defeat to our big rivals Manchester United. Balotelli opened the scoring for the Red Devils, there former player and Blackpool captain Carlos tevez got the equaliser moments later. Juan Mata scored a rare header just before half-time to win it for Rick.

On the stats a draw was probably fair. Expected a defeat anyway as I have a terrible record against him :( Atleast we are above them for now :D

Our unbeaten run was ended on Wednesday, going down 4-2 at Rushden & Diamonds but we bounced back tonight

Yeovil Town beat Kettering Town 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Gutiérrez scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Diekmeier and Vidal were also amongst the goalscorers.

Luckily I logged into my team just before kick-off, because the Bath City manager had recalled a player I had on loan, on a matchday just hours before kick-off:mad:.

Just a warning to anyone dealing with him.

Round 23

Hey guys. Heres the team of the round of games played on Saturday 3rd January 2015. In a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Sorrentino (Eastbourne)

Right Back: Toure (Ipswich)

Center Back: Chedjou (Middlesbrough)

Center Back: Stones (MK Dons)

Left Back: Schmelzer (Bolton)

Right Midfield: Pereira (West Brom)

Center Midfield: Fabregas (Chelsea)

Center Midfield: Gutierrez (Yeovil)

Left Midfield: Schieber (Southport)

Striker: Robben (Chelsea)

Striker: Bezus (Rotherham)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Rotherham striker Roman Bezus!!!!

bezus.jpg

The Ukrainian striker was in fine form last night as Rotherham ran out 6-2 winners against Southend. Bezus levelled the scoring in the 9th minute and then set up Johnson to put Rotherham in front after 20 minutes. Two goals from Bezus in the opening three minutes of the second-half restored there lead. The 24 year old was one of the in-form players back in season 5, netting 22 goals and 20 assists in Division 5. Hes on the way to repeat that this season and now has 9 goals / 6 assists in 14 games!

Queens Park Rangers beat Burnley 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Heurtaux had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Siqueira, Robinho and Pirlo were amongst the goalscorers.

Back to back wins for us. A nice result and a good show from our maestro Pirlo once again :P We're up to 13th, only 5 points from 5th! Top 6 looks possible, as long as we keep winning matches regularly. Let's go Queens!

Disappointing but rather deserved loss to leaders Oldham brings 3rd Division Bristol falling down to 12th with 39 points, 4 points to 5th, but also 4 points to 17th. There is still many games left to play and the promotion race is wide open, but we need a good run soon if we want to achieve our goal of reaching the playoffs.

Tomorrow a more relaxing fixture occurs when our youth team takes on Crewe

Back to back wins for us. A nice result and a good show from our maestro Pirlo once again :P We're up to 13th' date=' only 5 points from 5th! Top 6 looks possible, as long as we keep winning matches regularly. Let's go Queens![/quote']

Pirlo is definitely pulling the strings if you can keep him fit and injury free Top6 is a definite possibility Andre.

Round 23

Left Back: Schmelzer (Bolton)

[/color]

Nice work again on the TOTR, glad to see our Captain fantastic in there again, this guy is having the season of his life.

Here is his stats for us since he signed:

33 games

10 goals

11 assists

4 Mom

Here is his stats covering the 7 and 3/4 seasons before he came to us :

228(4) games

20 goals

12 assists

4 Mom

Nice work again on the TOTR' date=' glad to see our Captain fantastic in there again, this guy is having the season of his life.

Here is his stats for us since he signed:

33 games

10 goals

11 assists

4 Mom

Here is his stats covering the 7 and 3/4 seasons before he came to us :

228(4) games

20 goals

12 assists

4 Mom[/quote']

In fact he was so good he made TOTR twice in the same round!

Swindon achieve a double over Notts Forest with a 2-1 away win. Defoe hitting the net again and Miguel Danny providing both assists. I think Danny is now in all the Player tables (including number of yellow cards) & is having a great season.

It wasn't a clean game though with Forest resorting to some dirty tactics. 1 red and 4 yellow cards for them sums it up.

In fact he was so good he made TOTR twice in the same round!

Swindon achieve a double over Notts Forest with a 2-1 away win. Defoe hitting the net again and Miguel Danny providing both assists. I think Danny is now in all the Player tables (including number of yellow cards) & is having a great season.

It wasn't a clean game though with Forest resorting to some dirty tactics. 1 red and 4 yellow cards for them sums it up.

Haha yeah I noticed that, he is a special lad :)

Nice win there.

Pirlo is definitely pulling the strings if you can keep him fit and injury free Top6 is a definite possibility Andre.

He is indeed mate, we made a big effort to bring him in and to pay his high wage everyweek, but his return has been great. It's just a shame that he spent so much time out due to consecutive injurys, we missed him obviously. Hopefully it wont happen again. Thanks for the words, we will fight for it yes.

Your Bolton is absolutely flying mate, great to see, i tipped you early to win Division 2 this season and you're not disappoiting! :D Schmelzer is in beast form, really impressive. Instrumental player for Bolton. Cheers Dan!

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

So the FA Youth Cup has resumed after the holiday break. Lets have a look at the results from Round Four.

Sunday 4th January 2015

Blackpool 1-3 Coventry

Sheffield United 1-4 West Ham

Crewe 3-0 Bristol City (Bristol win 3-0 due to Crewe fielding nine seniors)

Everton 0-1 Rotherham (Everton win 3-0 due to Rotherham fielding a 90 rated senior)

Table

Everton - 9 Points - GF 9 - GA 3 - GD +6

Sheffield United - 7 Points - GF 10 - GA 6 - GD +4

Bristol City - 7 Points - GF 8 - GA 7 - GD +1

Blackpool - 6 Points - GF 6 - GA 5 - GD +1

West Ham - 6 Points - GF 6 - GA 5 - GD +1

Crewe - 4 Points - GF 3 - GA 7 - GD -4

Coventry - 4 Points - GF 10 - GA 15 - GD -5

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 6 - GA 10 - GD -4

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Andy Polo (Sheffield United) - 6

Salomon Rondon (Blackpool) - 4

Luciano Vietto (Coventry) - 4

Vinicius Araujo (Rotherham) - 3

Alessane Plea (Bristol City) - 2

Boris Cmiljanic (Coventry) - 2

Mirnes Pepic (Rotherham) - 2

Romelu Lukaku (West Ham) - 2

Pinherio Toze (Blackpool) - 1

Amindo Bruma (Blackpool) - 1

Mario Lemina (Bristol City) - 1

Jordan Botaka (Bristol City) - 1

Sander Van De Streek (Bristol City) - 1

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Coventry) - 1

Kostas Mitroglou (Coventry) - 1

Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Coventry) - 1

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Appelt Gabriel (Crewe) - 1

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 1

Mirko Vucinic (Everton) - 1

Yoann Gourcuff (Everton) - 1

Leanardo Villalba (Rotherham) - 1

Lazar Markovic (Sheffield United) - 1

Leonardo Bittencourt (Sheffield United) - 1

Jesus Corona (West Ham) - 1

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 1

Richmond Boakye (West Ham) - 1

Yannick Gerhardt (West Ham) - 1

Shame about the two rule breaks. Rotherhams looks completely accidental as the rest of the team was fine. Crewe didnt change his team. Kinda annoying as I gave plenty of reminders but never mind :) Round 5 is next Sunday, will post reminders Friday/Saturday again.

It's a disgrace that I top the U21 table to be honest. I have 9 points - 6 of which were against teams who forfeited with ineligible players, the other 3 transferring over from my old team.

The Everton youth setup is currently very weak with only ten U21 players (all of which rate between between 70 - 77). The table doesn't represent this or the way the youngsters have played - we are top only because of luck. It'd be great if we can remain top next week but only courtesy of an honest result.

The good news for the academy is that all of the money raised from the sale of Altidore will go on youngsters. I'm trying to make the team a little more sustainable with many of my first team players in the twilight of their playing days.

Apologies to the managers getting results through genuine wins; one of you deserves to be top this unique league.

A bit of a clearout for us as we sold Brandt for 10.1 million & Munoz for 8.9 million' date=' Gudetti left for 4.6 & Marouka for just over half a mill.

.[/quote']

We have also sold youngster Horta to West Brom for 5 million, he should get a rise in the Spanish changes so a decent wee buy for them, we made half a mill on the deal so no complaints.

We are in need of a CB as with playing the 5 at the back I like to have at least seven defenders, we had earmarked Torino captain Kamel Glik as who we wanted to bring in, we face competition from Swindon for him.

Bids are:

Swindon > 9.5 mill

Bolton > 9.5 mill & Kristoffer PETERSON

We should win this as we have added the 77 rated player extra but I will wait to see who he goes to first before confirming him as you never know with SM.

We have also sold youngster Horta to West Brom for 5 million' date=' he should get a rise in the Spanish changes so a decent wee buy for them, we made half a mill on the deal so no complaints.

We are in need of a CB as with playing the 5 at the back I like to have at least seven defenders, we had earmarked Torino captain Kamel Glik as who we wanted to bring in, we face competition from Swindon for him.

Bids are:

Swindon > 9.5 mill

Bolton > 9.5 mill & Kristoffer PETERSON

We should win this as we have added the 77 rated player extra but I will wait to see who he goes to first before confirming him as you never know with SM.[/quote']

Glik looks favourite to be heading your way Dan, I am pretty sure the youth player you tagged on will seal the deal for you. Well done, you are owning all the players as well as owning division 2 :)

I was surprised that there were only 2 bids for Glik. I would have liked to made a bigger bid myself but with my small budget most of my signings need to be self-financing and having splashed out £13.5m on Eremenko a few days ago just couldn't justify it.