English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Glik looks favourite to be heading your way Dan' date=' I am pretty sure the youth player you tagged on will seal the deal for you. Well done, you are owning all the players as well as owning division 2 :)

I was surprised that there were only 2 bids for Glik. I would have liked to made a bigger bid myself but with my small budget most of my signings need to be self-financing and having splashed out £13.5m on Eremenko a few days ago just couldn't justify it.[/quote']

Yeah I was surprised as well that it was only me and you head to head for him, glad we got him as he is another important part of the picture for us, hope you find another target elsewhere.

A nice +1 for De Bruyne to 91, squad is looking tip top now, just need another midfielder then we are set.

It's a disgrace that I top the U21 table to be honest. I have 9 points - 6 of which were against teams who forfeited with ineligible players' date=' the other 3 transferring over from my old team.

The Everton youth setup is currently very weak with only ten U21 players (all of which rate between between 70 - 77). The table doesn't represent this or the way the youngsters have played - we are top only because of luck. It'd be great if we can remain top next week but only courtesy of an honest result.

The good news for the academy is that all of the money raised from the sale of Altidore will go on youngsters. I'm trying to make the team a little more sustainable with many of my first team players in the twilight of their playing days.

Apologies to the managers getting results through genuine wins; one of you deserves to be top this unique league.[/quote']

Yeah its kind of annoying, espeically when posting reminders for all. Unfortunately there is no way I can guarantee people will set there teams when entering, next season I might skip it for once and give it a try in 7046 if they are willing. If we have a good last three games where people set there teams then ill probably keep doing it here :)

Yeah its kind of annoying' date=' espeically when posting reminders for all. Unfortunately there is no way I can guarantee people will set there teams when entering, next season I might skip it for once and give it a try in 7046 if they are willing. If we have a good last three games where people set there teams then ill probably keep doing it here :)[/quote']

I didn't think my next game was until this Sunday :o Apologies from Crewe.

Looks like we will be adding Josuha Guilavogui to our ranks as we outbid West Brom by 3 million, 18.5 million is probably a bit steep but the way I see it is as long player you get fits your agenda you cant really be paying too much.

The squad looks good enough to cope with the three games a week and should hopefully be enough for us to get automatic promotion, with us building a ten point breathing space over third place we don't want to go into the business end of the season and crumble as there is no guarantee we would be able to replicate next season the fantastic start we had this season.

SQUAD

GOALKEEPER(s)

#1 Krul

DEFENCE

#2 Howedes

#3 Van Dijk

#4 Zuniga

#5 Schmelzer

#6 Moisander

#7 Glik

#8 Ranocchia

MIDFIELD

#9 Guilavogui ??

#10 De Bruyne

#11 Schwegler

#12 Fernandinho

#13 T.Hazard

#14 Arnold

#15 Onazi

ATTACK

#16 Muller

#17 Keissling

#18 Diouf

An entertaining game for us against MK Dons, we won 3-2 but it should have been a more clear cut win, Krul got a match rating of five as he let in the two shots MK Dons had on target.

Good footwork by GUILAVOGUI in midfield.

He spots the run of MÜLLER and plays the pass.

MÜLLER manages to get a shot in.

Goal GOAL!!

Nice to see the newboy settling in and providing an assist.

Luis FERNANDINHO receives the ball from defence and plays it out to SCHMELZER.

SCHMELZER holds off a defender and manages to get a shot away.

Goal GOAL!!

Captain fantastic.

DE BRUYNE draws in the defenders with some neat footwork.

He plays an inviting pass across the front of the goal.

MÜLLER hits it first time.

Goal GOAL!!

Star man Muller completes his brace with a late winner for us.

We stretch our lead to 3rd place to a dozen points as Sunderland slip up, Newcastle are still hot on our trail though.

An entertaining game for us against MK Dons' date=' we won 3-2 but it should have been a more clear cut win, Krul got a match rating of five as he let in the two shots MK Dons had on target.

Good footwork by [b']GUILAVOGUI [/b]in midfield.

He spots the run of MÜLLER and plays the pass.

MÜLLER manages to get a shot in.

Goal GOAL!!

Nice to see the newboy settling in and providing an assist.

Luis FERNANDINHO receives the ball from defence and plays it out to SCHMELZER.

SCHMELZER holds off a defender and manages to get a shot away.

Goal GOAL!!

Captain fantastic.

DE BRUYNE draws in the defenders with some neat footwork.

He plays an inviting pass across the front of the goal.

MÜLLER hits it first time.

Goal GOAL!!

Star man Muller completes his brace with a late winner for us.

Glad to see Muller doing well for you :)

Glad to see Muller doing well for you :)

Yeah cheers with us only playing one up top he has mostly had to settle for a midfield slot but with Keissling out injured for two weeks he is starting up front and looking like he is enjoying it.

Keissling is for sale if anyone is interested in the 91 rated striker, he is 30 year old so has plenty of years left.

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Oldham Athletic in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi was on the scoresheet for his side.

Really unhappy with this... :mad: Tactics were spot on, but obviously it would never be an easy match as we were facing Division 3 leaders and inform team Oldham. We created a lot of chances but only managed to score once, thanks to a great performance from Oldham's keeper, and then we suffered a blow when Oldham managed to score a late winner... Not a lucky night for us. I expect to return to winning ways next match, in order to keep chasing our goal of top 6.

HEREFORD are on a decent run, we have won our last 4 and are unbeaten in 10.

Although it wont last long, we have had more than our fair share of luck along the way and in our next 9 games we play 7 clubs who are looking for promotion and an in form Tranmere and a high rated West ham.

However far we slide down the table, it is nice to know we are already safe for another season.

Swindon away on Saturday, looking forward to that, not sure if it's being covered by Match of the day?

The match ended 0 - 0 between Swindon Town and Southampton in their Division 2 fixture

Another good point away from home and a solid performance from the lads that completely stifled the Saints in a match that we were possibly unlucky not to win.

Our 85 rated GK, Mathew Ryan, was equal to everything that Southampton threw at him but the fact that Szczesny won MOTM indicates where the majority of business was conducted!

As Smut pointed out, Swindon entertain Hereford at the weekend. It will be good to see my old friend again. Paul, if you like I can meet you beforehand to show you the Swindon sights,, if you can spare 3 minutes that is...

The Chairman is going to invite Maude to watch the match with him and is having the Directors box decorated in a horrible Turkish brothel red with some matching candles and table cloth. The old smoothie....

Paul,,, if Peter Crouch is driving to the ground please tell him he can park outside the Arkells Stand. Its the big one so tell him even he can't miss it..

Swindon away on Saturday' date=' looking forward to that, not sure if it's being covered by Match of the day?[/quote']

Actually SM asked me if they could re-schedule our fixture to Sunday afternoon so they could televise it prime time on Sky Sports.

Can't do it though,, Sunday afternoon I play darts at the Bakers Arms.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 24

Hey guys. Heres the team of the round of games played on Wednesday 7th January 2015. In a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Zengin (Bath)

Center Back: Busquests (Chelsea)

Center Back: Heitinga (Port Vale)

Center Back: Juanfran (Oxford)

Right Midfield: Wass (MK Dons)

Center Midfield: Costa (Millwall)

Center Midfield: Kurtic (Macclesfield)

Left Midfield: Shaqiri (Bristol Rovers)

Striker: Costa (Aston Villa)

Striker: Ramos (Northampton)

Striker: Agirretxe (Macclesfield)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Macclesfield striker Imanol Agirretxe!!!

agirretxe.jpg

The Spainish striker was in excellent form last night, as were Macclesfield who romped to an 11-1 win. Agirretxe was at the heart of alot of good things for them, scoring a hat-trick and providing 2 assists. This display will surely please his new fans after joining at the end of November.

Actually SM asked me if they could re-schedule our fixture to Sunday afternoon so they could televise it prime time on Sky Sports.

Can't do it though' date=', Sunday afternoon I play darts at the Bakers Arms.[/quote']

We cant play Sunday's either, Crouchy has an all day shift in the 'load of bull' and the rest of us will be at church until midday.

I have told Crouchy where to park but I hope you are aware that he drives the team coach and just because you don't have room for a coach, wont stop him trying to park there.

We cant play Sunday's either' date=' Crouchy has an all day shift in the 'load of bull' and the rest of us will be at church until midday.

I have told Crouchy where to park but I hope you are aware that he drives the team coach and just because you don't have room for a coach, wont stop him trying to park there.[/quote']

Okay mate, don't worry. I will have the parking steward move the parking posts further apart. Its what we have to do for Jermain Defoe too, otherwise he has a tendency to hit them.

When Maude arrives she can go straight to the Directors box if she likes. Her seat is the one next to the one that has my Chairman's pile cushion on.

We have had one blip in the league this season when we lost our only game against Huddersfield which ended our eighteen match unbeaten, since the we are on an eight game unbeaten and six game winning run, today we face FGR who for some reason are struggling at the the bottom, they are in a false position so I think this game will be tough.

After being offered the Norwich job, I've decided to take it. Watford have been left with a few of my favourite players that I will no doubt have to pay over the odds for, but they are left in the green and with players that were bought purely for resale.

I look forward to this new challenge, and hope I can perform better with more firepower at my disposal.

Time to get to work!

After being offered the Norwich job' date=' I've decided to take it. Watford have been left with a few of my favourite players that I will no doubt have to pay over the odds for, but they are left in the green and with players that were bought purely for resale.

I look forward to this new challenge, and hope I can perform better with more firepower at my disposal.

Time to get to work![/quote']

Good luck with them!

I've decided to sell Uysal, who is out with a hernia until March, so he would not have been available for any remaining games this season. It is of more use to me to get some money in and try to go for someone who can help keep us from getting relegated.

Necip UYSAL has completed his move to Notts County from Charlton Athletic for £7,300,000