English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

After being offered the Norwich job' date=' I've decided to take it. Watford have been left with a few of my favourite players that I will no doubt have to pay over the odds for, but they are left in the green and with players that were bought purely for resale.

I look forward to this new challenge, and hope I can perform better with more firepower at my disposal.

Time to get to work![/quote']

Good luck with Norwich :)

Absolutely devastated to find out Malanda has been involved in a car accident and has died. In his memory I'm going to keep him' date=' but retire him from matches, was one of my favourite fifa players, always turned into an 86 rated Belgian Tank CDM.[/quote']

Indeed, shocking news. Such a tragic loss of a young life.

I imagine that SM will retire him at the end of the season like they did with Christian Benitez.

It just sums up that whilst this is a game, life sometimes isn't...

Blackpool 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Finally get a win after a run of one points from a possible twelve. Kind of annoyed as it was the reserves that got the result with the first team being rested for the shield semi-final, but thats SM for ya lol

Deulofeu scored a brace and also created the other for Pepe.

Move above Spurs into 6th. Massive game against Tamworth in two days time.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET YOUR YOUTH TEAMS IF YOUR IN THE FA YOTH CUP!!

Never have I been more happy with a defeat than today, we lost 2-0 to FGR, we played a decent game with stats highly in our favour and could have went ahead but Muller's goal was flagged offside, anyway congrats JMH you defo need the points more than me, hopefully this puts you on a nice run, good luck.

No harm no foul really for us as we keep our 8 point lead at the top with Newcastle also losing, our lead to 3rd is cut by a point to eleven.

Manchester City beat Hull City 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Van Persie scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Demichelis and Touré were also amongst the goalscorers.

First win in the league since the 6-1 win against Blackpool a month ago.

Sunderland 1 - 1 Southampton

Another draw for Southampton, we're not too bad, but we aren't the best, I think the minds of some our players were elsewhere today due to the loss of one of the best talents of the future in Junior Malanda. I was thinking should I start Radja for the game, but he said to me I want on to play for him. The crowd at the Stadium of Light done the minutes silence very well.

I don't know where we are heading, seven unbeaten, five draws, not holding much hope. We have some funds as our youth Mitchell Dijks has headed to Cambridge, so we can see if we can spread that costs over some players.

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 24

Hey guys. Heres the team of the round of games played on Saturday 10th January 2015. Using a 3-5-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Cillessen (West Ham)

Center Back: Huth (Port Vale)

Center Back: Bjelland (Carlisle)

Center Back: Galvez (Rushden & Diamonds)

Right Midfield: Pedro (Aston Villa)

Center Midfield: Oscar (Chelsea)

Center Midfield: Reus (Chelsea)

Center Midfield: Martens (Barnsley)

Left Midfield: Lamela (Crystal Palace)

Striker: Suarez (Arsenal)

Strker: Destro (Ipswich)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Barnsley midfielder

Maarten Martens!!!!

Martens.jpg

Todays winner was a pretty easy choice to make. There wasn't many players who stood out today, apart from Martens who was just amazing. He scored all FIVE goals as Barnsley thrashed Huddersfield 5-0. Two from free-kicks, two from open play and one headed goal, all round a fantastic display of goal scoring from the Belguim International. Becoming a legend in Barnsley colours, 203 appearances with 45 goals and 49 assists, a great return from a midfielder in Division 2. Well on the way to being his best goal scoring season after tonights display!

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Brighton and Hove Albion and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Araujo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good performance and important win. We keep battling to get closer to top 6. I believe we are now in good shape and it wont be easy for anyone to beat us. Hopefully we can keep improving our position in the next weeks.

Swindon Town beat Hereford United 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Rumours that this match was to be televised by Sky Sports brought in almost a full crowd at County Ground. However, most were probably disappointed to find that the only camera was the Chairman's camcorder, who usually videos the match to watch later as he can't sit still too long because of his heamorrhoids.

Nevertheless, this was a game worthy of making the TV. After a minutes respectful silence as a tribute to the untimely passing of Junior Malanda proceedings got under way.

Similar to the fixture at Edgar Street it was the two England Old Boys, Peter Crouch & Jermain Defoe, who influenced the match.

Crouchy put the visitors ahead in the first half with a sweet strike but after that both teams seemed to be in a deadlock.

With 15 minutes left to go we made a switch & brought on Maicon to improve our attacking options and it worked out perfectly for us with Defoe finally being rewarded for all his effort with an equaliser.

Two minutes later Fritz brings down Danny in the area and Defoe again got the better of Ochoa to give us the win in front of our ecstatic crowd.

Unlucky Paul, great game and tell Crouchy we will pay his parking fine as a goodwill gesture, if that's how he parks the bus you should consider putting him in defense.

12 games unbeaten after another win over Burton with 2-0 with goals from Ambrose and Martin,tried to rest some of our stars for the upcoming semi final game for the cup against Cheltenham but first we have game for the youth cup against Blackpool

Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Sheffield United

A deserved win keeps us 3rd.

Gotze (22 goals in 25 games) of course scores, but more pleasing is Rossi scoring his first goal for us since joining (16 games later).

With 25 games played, the division is still very tight. Palace up next will be a tricky one for sure...

Rumours that this match was to be televised by Sky Sports brought in almost a full crowd at County Ground. However' date=' most were probably disappointed to find that the only camera was the Chairman's camcorder, who usually videos the match to watch later as he can't sit still too long because of his heamorrhoids.

Nevertheless, this was a game worthy of making the TV. After a minutes respectful silence as a tribute to the untimely passing of Junior Malanda proceedings got under way.

Similar to the fixture at Edgar Street it was the two England Old Boys, Peter Crouch & Jermain Defoe, who influenced the match.

Crouchy put the visitors ahead in the first half with a sweet strike but after that both teams seemed to be in a deadlock.

With 15 minutes left to go we made a switch & brought on Maicon to improve our attacking options and it worked out perfectly for us with Defoe finally being rewarded for all his effort with an equaliser.

Two minutes later Fritz brings down Danny in the area and Defoe again got the better of Ochoa to give us the win in front of our ecstatic crowd.

Unlucky Paul, great game and tell Crouchy we will pay his parking fine as a goodwill gesture, if that's how he parks the bus you should consider putting him in defense.[/quote']

the bus wasn't parked, Crouchy stalled it and couldn't get it started again:o

that is twice this season we have thrown away a lead to you and then lose it in the final minutes, I felt very comfortable until that 75th minute change, well done.

HEREFORD are now down to 5th and it wont be too long until we are back in our mid table comfort zone.

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Here are the results from Round 5 of the FA Youth Cup and the updated tables.

Sunday 11th January 2015

Crewe 3-1 Coventry

Blackpool 3-0 Rotherham

Bristol City 0-1 West Ham

Everton 0-3 Sheffield United

Table

Sheffield United - 10 Points - GF 13 - GA 6 - GD +7

Blackpool - 9 Points - GF 9 - GA 5 - GD +4

West Ham - 9 Points - GF 7 - GA 5 - GD +2

Everton - 9 Points - GF 9 - GA 6 - GD +3

Bristol City - 7 Points - GF 8 - GA 8 - GD 0

Crewe - 7 Points - GF 6 - GA 8 - GD -2

Coventry - 4 Points - GF 11 - GA 18 - GD -7

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 6 - GA 13 - GD -7

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Andy Polo (Sheffield United) - 7

Salomon Rondon (Blackpool) - 6

Luciano Vietto (Coventry) - 4

Vinicius Araujo (Rotherham) - 3

Alessane Plea (Bristol City) - 2

Boris Cmiljanic (Coventry) - 2

Juan Quintero (Crewe) - 2

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 2

Mirnes Pepic (Rotherham) - 2

Romelu Lukaku (West Ham) - 2

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 2

Pinherio Toze (Blackpool) - 1

Amindo Bruma (Blackpool) - 1

Ahmed El Messaoudi (Blackpool) - 1

Mario Lemina (Bristol City) - 1

Jordan Botaka (Bristol City) - 1

Sander Van De Streek (Bristol City) - 1

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Coventry) - 1

Kostas Mitroglou (Coventry) - 1

Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Coventry) - 1

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Appelt Gabriel (Crewe) - 1

Mirko Vucinic (Everton) - 1

Yoann Gourcuff (Everton) - 1

Leanardo Villalba (Rotherham) - 1

Viktor Fischer (Sheffield United) - 1

Lazar Markovic (Sheffield United) - 1

Snadro Ramirez (Sheffield United) - 1

Leonardo Bittencourt (Sheffield United) - 1

Jesus Corona (West Ham) - 1

Richmond Boakye (West Ham) - 1

Yannick Gerhardt (West Ham) - 1

No rule break this round :D Thanks to everyone for setting your teams. Still very close with two games remaining, and still six teams capable of winning the title :) Next games are on Sunday 18th January, will send reminders again on Saturday.

Watford job needs sorting they have got 19 players joining' date=' the players who play for them in real life.[/quote']

Rushden guy needs to sign in quick and make a decision, another poor decision by SM to allow transfers to happen during this time.

Blackpool reach Shield Final

Blackpool have reached there first final in five seasons with a 2-1 win over Tamworth. Blackpool went into the game as massive favorites, even more so after fielding our strongest XI possible.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (92) Dante (92) Koscienly (91)

Walcott (91) Iniesta (97) Pepe (92) Asamoah (91) Adriano (91)

Negredo (91) Tevez (93)

Blackpool were much more creative, with a total of 25 shots. However it took until the deadlock was broken with a nice flick from Alvarno Negredo. Carlos Tevez looked to have sealed a comfortable win with a 70th minute penalty, but was a very nervy end after Makeev pulled on back with 13 minutes remaining.

Great effort from Jonny and awesome achievement getting to a semi-final in div 5. A trip to Wembley in two weeks time to face Tonys Cheltenham! Good luck Tony :)

Rotherham was so close to the final but the bad penalties cost us our place at the final.The match ended 1-1 with two late goals from both team but Cheltenham was much better in the penalties than us,could be good achievement for div5 team to play for the cup but that will make us play better in the league