O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Here are the results from Round 6 of the FA Youth Cup and the updated tables.

Sunday 18th January 2015

Crewe 2-2 Blackpool

Bristol City 1-2 Everton

West Ham 5-1 Coventry

Sheffield United 2-1 Rotherham

Table

Sheffield United - 13 Points - GF 15 - GA 7 - GD +8

West Ham - 12 Points - GF 12 - GA 6 - GD +6

Everton - 12 Points - GF 11 - GA 7 - GD +4

Blackpool - 10 Points - GF 11 - GA 7 - GD +4

Crewe - 8 Points - GF 8 - GA 10 - GD -2

Bristol City - 7 Points - GF 9 - GA 10 - GD -1

Coventry - 4 Points - GF 12 - GA 23 - GD -11

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 7 - GA 15 - GD -8

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Andy Polo (Sheffield United) - 7

Salomon Rondon (Blackpool) - 6

Luciano Vietto (Coventry) - 4

Romelu Lukaku (West Ham) - 4

Juan Quintero (Crewe) - 3

Vinicius Araujo (Rotherham) - 3

Alessane Plea (Bristol City) - 2

Sander Van De Streek (Bristol City) - 2

Boris Cmiljanic (Coventry) - 2

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 2

Mirko Vucinic (Everton) - 2

Mirnes Pepic (Rotherham) - 2

Viktor Fischer (Sheffield United) - 2

Lazar Markovic (Sheffield United) - 2

Paulo Dybala (West Ham) - 2

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 2

Rafa Silva (Blackpool) - 1

Pinherio Toze (Blackpool) - 1

Amindo Bruma (Blackpool) - 1

Gerard Deulofeu (Blackpool) - 1

Ahmed El Messaoudi (Blackpool) - 1

Mario Lemina (Bristol City) - 1

Jordan Botaka (Bristol City) - 1

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 1

Gabriel Torje (Coventry) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Coventry) - 1

Kostas Mitroglou (Coventry) - 1

Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Coventry) - 1

Enes Unal (Crewe) - 1

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 1

Appelt Gabriel (Crewe) - 1

Pascal Kopke (Everton) - 1

Yoann Gourcuff (Everton) - 1

Mikel Merino (Rotherham) - 1

Leanardo Villalba (Rotherham) - 1

Snadro Ramirez (Sheffield United) - 1

Leonardo Bittencourt (Sheffield United) - 1

Santos Fred (West Ham) - 1

Jesus Corona (West Ham) - 1

Richmond Boakye (West Ham) - 1

Yannick Gerhardt (West Ham) - 1

For the second round in a row we get no rules breaks! :D Thanks to everyone for setting your teams. Final Round is next Sunday (Apart from Coventry v Everton which is this Thursday).

Jeffrey BRUMA has completed his move to Swindon Town from Doncaster Rovers for 13,000,000

Took a bit of a gamble with this one and probably over-paid but since his move to PSV he seems to have grown in maturity and experience and so hopefully it will pay off. We saw that a couple of other clubs were making enquiries about him so we negotiated a quick deal with the new Doncaster boss.

My Chairman was at home watching Songs of Praise when I called him last night to expect a call from a Mr Eichmann, who is apparently looking after Doncaster's finances from some dodgy bank in Argentina.

When I mentioned the size of the transaction though the phone suddenly went quiet and all I heard was a loud thud....

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Chairman is expected to make a full recovery and is due to be released from the ward later this afternoon. He will be off sick for the rest of the week though so I will be taking care of business. I practically run this club anyway.

Despite being one of our most expensive signings, Bruma will find it hard to become a first team regular. With my preferred defensive formation the first choice back three are real life CSKA Moscow trio, Mario Fernandes, Sergey Ignashevich & Georgi Schennikov and so Bruma is going to have to work hard to convince me to change it.

Having said that I am conscious that Ignashevich will be 36 this year and so his retirement cannot be too far away and so its good to have a progression plan and to start grooming (for want of a better word) his replacement now.

Crewe moved up to 7th in Division 2 with a 2-1 win over Southampton.

Duncan moved to Cambridge for 7m who are now bugging us for Romagnoli too so we are hoping our valuation has put there chairman off a little bit :o .

Crewe could be prepared to part with Podolski if I receive a offer which I feel could be right for both parties.

Same goes for Zouma but the offer would need to be outrageous for us to part with Kurt.

7000th post to at that :)

Just noticed that Saturday's victory against Manchester United was my 200th game in EC7777. That came around quick.

Congratulations Adriano, a nice way to celebrate your bi-centenary :)

My 300th game in charge of Swindon will be the match after next.

I think the Chairman must be planning a surprise promotion for me as a reward because I overheard him saying the other day that I won't be the manager of Swindon for much longer :D

Congratulations Adriano' date=' a nice way to celebrate your bi-centenary :)

I think the Chairman must be planning a surprise promotion for me as a reward because I overheard him saying the other day that I won't be the manager of Swindon for much longer :D[/quote']

Thank you. Haha, good luck for your 300th - that's an impressive milestone.

Congratulations Adriano' date=' a nice way to celebrate your bi-centenary :)

I think the Chairman must be planning a surprise promotion for me as a reward because I overheard him saying the other day that I won't be the manager of Swindon for much longer :D[/quote']

My 400th game is this Wednesday. Shame that last night cup final win was my 399th game :P

Well done to both of you for lasting this many games.

Crewe moved up to 7th in Division 2 with a 2-1 win over Southampton.

Duncan moved to Cambridge for 7m who are now bugging us for Romagnoli too so we are hoping our valuation has put there chairman off a little bit :o .

Crewe could be prepared to part with Podolski if I receive a offer which I feel could be right for both parties.

Same goes for Zouma but the offer would need to be outrageous for us to part with Kurt.

7000th post to at that :)

Or maybe not :eek:

Alessio ROMAGNOLI has completed his move to Cambridge United from Crewe Alexandra for £12' date='500,000[/quote']

Yes he is a good talent but that is crazy for a 85 player who has only a handful of games for me.

Bolton's wonder season continues with a 2-1 come from behind win over Preston, recent 18.5 million pound signing Guilavogui grabbing the brace that made the difference, both teams had a goal chalked off so the result could have been different but we are pleased with the win, unlucky Ben.

With the Newcastle-Sunderland ending all square we move 12 points clear at the top and 16 clear of third place.

Lovelyjubbly.

Queens Park Rangers beat Hartlepool United 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Carrillo was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Deserved win over 3rd placed Hartlepool! What a night for Carlos Bacca... He missed a penalty kick and saw two goals disallowed by the referee! Drama queen :o We ended up winning it so it's all cool. Brahimi showed his magic once again. We move up to 11th, still 7 points of play-off spots, but still believing!

Bolton's wonder season continues with a 2-1 come from behind win over Preston' date=' recent 18.5 million pound signing Guilavogui grabbing the brace that made the difference, both teams had a goal chalked off so the result could have been different but we are pleased with the win, unlucky Ben.

With the Newcastle-Sunderland ending all square we move 12 points clear at the top and 16 clear of third place.

Lovelyjubbly.[/quote']

One more time, what a season for your Bolton Dan! :D

Barnet beat Kidderminster Harriers 3 - 2 in their Division 5 fixture.

Meunier had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Domínguez and Toornstra were amongst the goalscorers.

Still in with an outside shot of the playoffs!

Swindon Town outclassed Huddersfield Town and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture

Came away from Huddersfield with 3 well deserved points from a match in which we rarely looked troubled.

Swindon's old boys did the damage. Sergey Ignashevich opened the scoring with a lovely 35 yard effort and Jemain Defoe wrapped things up with a well placed penalty that gave Curci no chance.

A solid performance from Matty Ryan again.

HEREFORD's predicted decline is in full flow, a 2-2 draw with Noisy's Crewe was the first point in 4 games.

Luckily we have no delusions about making the play offs and will survive another season in div 2.

Blackpool 2-0 Millwall

Blackpool make it eight points from four games wth a win against Millwall. Asamoah opened the scoring in the first half with his sixth league goal of the season (A personal best for him). Our star player Andres Iniesta sealed the win with a goal ten minutes from time. Adriano set up both of the goals from left midfield (Eight for him now, which is also a personal best).

Remain sixth in the league, but now just a point off the top four. Had a rise for Enzo Perez 90 -> 91 which is awesome. One of the best deals i've done for this side which only cost us £9million eight months ago :D

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 28

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for last nights games (Wednesday 21st January 2015), in a 3-4-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Zengin (Bath)

Center Back: Ignashevich (Swindon)

Center Back: Amat (Fulham)

Center Back: Terziev (Kettering)

Right Midfield: Marin (Stoke)

Center Midfield: Toure (Manchester City)

Center Midfield: Ozil (Liverpool)

Left Midfield: Holtby (Brighton)

Striker: Aguero (Manchester City)

Striker: Gotze (Sheffield United)

Striker: Mbokani (Exeter)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure!!!!

yaya.jpg

The second time the Ivorian has won the award, last time he won it back in Round 26 of last season. On that day he scored a hat-trick against Newcastle, and last night repeated that at Anfield. He opened the scoring with a poweful strike into the bottom corner. He second goal put City back in front for 3-2 with a pin point free kick past Manuel Neuer. With six minutes left he completed the hat-trick with the winning goal with anotheer sublime free-kick in this nine goal thriller! Toure moves on to seven goals for the season, a dissapointing return after last seasons 19 but he and City fans will hope that this game can put them in the hunt for a European place.

Blackpool 2-2 West Brom

Would of taken this result before kick-off after making 10 changes as we rest for Mondays shield final, but two throw away a two goal lead kind of sucks. Goals from Deulofeu and Perez gave us a two goal lead at the break. Our former player Carlos Vela pulled on back for the Albion, with Prodl getting the equaliser with 12 minutes remaining.

A great display from the reserves, with Paulo Oliveira making his debut tonight. We remain sixth and have a fully fit squad for Mondays big game :)

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 29

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Saturday 24th January 2015, in a 4-3-3 formation.

Goalkeeper: Alves (Fulham)

Right Back: Lopez (Lincoln)

Center Back: Boly (Watford)

Center Back: Gbamin (Cambridge)

Left Back: Alba (Manchester United)

Right Midfield: Aranguiz (Nottingham Forest)

Center Midfield: Taylor (Watford)

Left Midfield: Lamela (Crystal Palace)

Striker: Ibrahimovic (Liverpool)

Striker: Sterling (Aston Villa)

Striker: Odemwingie (Brentford)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Crystal Palace winger Erik Lamela!!!!

erik_lamela.png

Second time this season the Argentine International picks up the award after winning in Round 17. His fantastic season continues with a second hat-trick of the season in a 4-1 win over Plymouth. 12 goals and 8 assists in just 21 appearances is brilliant from the 22 year old and just two goals shy of his personal best.

Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Torquay United in their Division 3 fixture.

Brahimi was on the scoresheet for his side.

Wow, really disappoiting... We should have won this one easily (not by stats), but it seems i always loose when playing a team with one 70 rated player in the line-up. It's a real pattern. So annoying... This time it was Torquay's goalkeeper, Lucic, a 75 rated player. We only manage to beat him once, despite having great attacking players. A win would put us only 4 points away from 5th place.. Still possible for us to reach a play-off spot but time is running out. Still 13 matches to play, the schedule will get tight now.

Swindon Town beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

My players responded to my 300th game in charge by completely destroying Wolves in front of our fanatical home supporters. There were plenty of 90 rated players on the field but the only one that really put in a 90 rated performance was, of course, our skipper Miguel Danny.

The Portuguese star completely bossed the midfield, scoring twice and setting up one more for Charles Kabore. Recent signing Jeffrey Bruma came on as a sub to make his first show in a Swindon shirt & Jermain Defoe picked up his second MOTM award in 2 games.

So.. 300 games in charge and, despite a couple of brief visits to Division 4, I think overall it has been a successful career so far. I have brought 3 trophies and a runners up medal to the club (we recently ordered a smaller trophy cabinet to make it look more full) & I have managed to keep a healthy bank balance throughout so we have always been able to compete in the transfer market.

Since taking over the club the Chairman and I have developed a great relationship. Before the game last night he invited me up to the directors box for a glass of champagne where he presented me with a club tie. It even had 300 embroidered on it, which I thought was a nice touch until I realised it was actually the £3.00 price tag that he had left on by mistake. :eek:

Never mind, its the gesture that counts and I will put the tie in my draw with the rest of them (he gives me one every Christmas too but I think he forgets!).

Our next league match is a very difficult away game at Bolton and then we are into the hectic 3-games-a-week schedule.