English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Not a bad week for the real Sheffield Utd.

Gomes to 88, Godin to 93, our 6th straight league win, Gotze now joint leagiue top scorer, and Carvajal this morning rose +1 to 91.

Tonight is the last Youth Cup match, where a win against Blackpool will give us the title. A draw may be enough, but I doubt it.

EC 7777 FA Youth Cup

fa_youth_cup.jpg

Here are the results from Final Round of the FA Youth Cup and the updated tables.

Sunday 25th January 2015

Crewe 2-3 West Ham

Everton 1-1 Coventry

Rotherham 1-2 Bristol City

Blackpool 0-2 Sheffield United

Table

Sheffield United - 16 Points - GF 17 - GA 7 - GD +10

West Ham - 15 Points - GF 15 - GA 8 - GD +7

Everton - 13 Points - GF 12 - GA 8 - GD +4

Blackpool - 10 Points - GF 11 - GA 9 - GD +2

Bristol City - 10 Points - GF 11 - GA 11 - GD 0

Crewe - 8 Points - GF 10 - GA 13 - GD -3

Coventry - 5 Points - GF 13 - GA 24 - GD -11

Rotherham - 3 Points - GF 8 - GA 17 - GD -9

Golden Boot

Here are the players who have scored in the competition so far, where teams field more than three players over 21, the goal scorers for the illegal team isn't counted on this list.

Andy Polo (Sheffield United) - 8

Salomon Rondon (Blackpool) - 6

Luciano Vietto (Coventry) - 4

Romelu Lukaku (West Ham) - 4

Juan Quintero (Crewe) - 3

Mirko Vucinic (Everton) - 3

Vinicius Araujo (Rotherham) - 3

Paulo Dybala (West Ham) - 3

Jordan Veretout (West Ham) - 3

Alessane Plea (Bristol City) - 2

Sander Van De Streek (Bristol City) - 2

Boris Cmiljanic (Coventry) - 2

M'Baye Niang (Crewe) - 2

Appelt Gabriel (Crewe) - 2

Alfred Duncan (Crewe) - 2

Mikel Merino (Rotherham) - 2

Mirnes Pepic (Rotherham) - 2

Viktor Fischer (Sheffield United) - 2

Lazar Markovic (Sheffield United) - 2

Sandro Ramirez (Sheffield United) - 2

Santos Fred (West Ham) - 2

Rafa Silva (Blackpool) - 1

Pinherio Toze (Blackpool) - 1

Amindo Bruma (Blackpool) - 1

Gerard Deulofeu (Blackpool) - 1

Ahmed El Messaoudi (Blackpool) - 1

Jorge Rojas (Bristol City) - 1

Mario Lemina (Bristol City) - 1

Jordan Botaka (Bristol City) - 1

Fabian Sporkslede (Bristol City) - 1

Cenk Tosun (Coventry) - 1

Jack Harper (Coventry) - 1

Gabriel Torje (Coventry) - 1

Arkadiusz Milik (Coventry) - 1

Kostas Mitroglou (Coventry) - 1

Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Coventry) - 1

Enes Unal (Crewe) - 1

Pascal Kopke (Everton) - 1

Yoann Gourcuff (Everton) - 1

Leanardo Villalba (Rotherham) - 1

Leonardo Bittencourt (Sheffield United) - 1

Jesus Corona (West Ham) - 1

Richmond Boakye (West Ham) - 1

Yannick Gerhardt (West Ham) - 1

Andy_Polo.jpg

Andy Polo wins the Golden Boot with an impressive eight goals in seven games. He is also the player of the tournament and looks to have a great future ahead of him.

So Sheffield United win the third FA Youth Cup after on goal difference after beating last seasons winners Blackpool. The competition had a shakey start with rule breaks in the opening rounds but we managed to get the final three rounds with none which is great and definately better involvement than the previous competitions.

Hope you guys have enjoyed something a bit different to other setups, and will likely do another next season (Hopefully even more clubs!) if theres still interest :) Thanks again to those involved!

Sean O'Neill takes control of Port Vale.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Port Vale were founded in 1876 and play their home games at Vale Park in Stoke-on-Trent.. The club is also known as The Valiants.

Stumbled across these guys by per chance when I tought I'd see how you lot were getting on. In fairly decent shape actually, be a different challange to my time at Everton but that should make it more interesting. sitting nicely in the table so may be in with a shout for promotion if I can hit the ground running.

Good to be back :P

Blackpool crowned English Shield Champions!!!!

Blackpool have won the English Shield for a second time

(First team to do that :P) after a 5-1 win over Division 4 side Cheltenham. We went into the game as huge favorites, even more so after resting our big name players whilst Cheltenham had some unfit players after playing at the weekend.

It was a perfect start for Blackpool who were ahead in the opening minute with a header from Alvaro Negredo. The Spainish center forward doubled the lead in the 5th minute, Blackpool continued to have most of the chances in the first half but it stayed 2-0 at the break. Iniesta scored the third shortly after half-time from a free-kick and with 20 minutes left Ruben Pardos back pass was missed by Foster for an own goal for 4-0. Bryan Oviedo scored a conselation for Cheltenham with Adriano rounding off the scoring for Blackpool.

Carlos_tevez.jpg

The skipper with the famous trophy

We have took this competition seriously since the second round, with seven of our players reaching the top 10 average rating performances, with Iniesta winnng four MOM awards in seven games (5 goals, 3 assists).

Comiserations to Tony, a fantastic effort to get to the final mate. One annoying thing is our prize money hasnt all gone into the account. Got a message saying we win £3.5million but only £2mill has gone on which I dont understand.

Focus now turns onto trying to secure a double with the Europa League and hopefully qualifying for next seasons Champions League!

How are we?

Just taken over accrington, may list a few players straight for cash no one too special for you guys.

I'm not sure how you've conducted Manager of the week awards, but im happy to do that, as well as create a poll near the end of the season for the Manager of they year, top two manager from each leagues get nominated and then you choose who you believe made the greatest impact to the season. What do you guys think?

Blackpool crowned English Shield Champions!!!!

Blackpool have won the English Shield for a second time

(First team to do that :P) after a 5-1 win over Division 4 side Cheltenham. We went into the game as huge favorites' date=' even more so after resting our big name players whilst Cheltenham had some unfit players after playing at the weekend.

It was a perfect start for Blackpool who were ahead in the opening minute with a header from Alvaro Negredo. The Spainish center forward doubled the lead in the 5th minute, Blackpool continued to have most of the chances in the first half but it stayed 2-0 at the break. Iniesta scored the third shortly after half-time from a free-kick and with 20 minutes left Ruben Pardos back pass was missed by Foster for an own goal for 4-0. Bryan Oviedo scored a conselation for Cheltenham with Adriano rounding off the scoring for Blackpool.

Carlos_tevez.jpg

The skipper with the famous trophy

We have took this competition seriously since the second round, with seven of our players reaching the top 10 average rating performances, with Iniesta winnng four MOM awards in seven games (5 goals, 3 assists).

Comiserations to Tony, a fantastic effort to get to the final mate. One annoying thing is our prize money hasnt all gone into the account. Got a message saying we win £3.5million but only £2mill has gone on which I dont understand.

Focus now turns onto trying to secure a double with the Europa League and hopefully qualifying for next seasons Champions League!

Congrats mate, disappointing we couldn't give a better account of ourselves but getting to the final is a big achievement for Cheltenham and trying to beat a team chasing Champions League football was a huge ask. Am I right in thinking if you qualify for Europe via the League we sneak in the trap door?

Have sold my first player at Accrington Stanley, 30 year old Juan Valera leaves for just under 7 Mill. I've made offers for a few players, not wishing to mention names until its concrete solid deals. However, i've managed to get Dodo and Reyes on loan until the end of the season from Arsenal. Looking to push as high as possible in order to get as much transfer funds as possible.

well done on the trophy Marc.

you will probably find the prize money hasn't been added to your final balance, happened 3 times in the last 2 months to me.

send a bug ticket and if the close it without sorting it out then I will tell you which Dev. to send a message to, the more that point it out, the more chance we have of SM fixing the fault.

A 3-2 defeat to Birmingham is not good as both the North East challengers won' date=' [b']need to get back on track tonight with a win.[/b]

Sorry Dan but you aren't getting anything tonight. Miguel Danny says he is all fired up and ready to boss your midfield and will be kicking Ar$e and taking names for the whole 90 mins ;)

Sorry Dan but you aren't getting anything tonight. Miguel Danny says he is all fired up and ready to boss your midfield and will be kicking Ar$e and taking names for the whole 90 mins ;)

Decided to switch up formations just for you, I might also switch on aggressive tackling just for Danny's sake. :)

I would wish you good luck but it would just be lies, so enjoy your half-time pie.

Decided to switch up formations just for you' date=' I might also switch on aggressive tackling just for Danny's sake. :)

I would wish you good luck but it would just be lies, so enjoy your half-time pie.[/quote']

Aggressive suits us fine, we like it rough. Don't mess with Danny's hair though,, he hates it.

We have a tactical surprise for you too, one that can't possibly fail.

Btw, what are your half time pies like? Hope they are better than the soggy steakless and kidney ones that they serve at my place....

Aggressive suits us fine' date=' we like it rough. Don't mess with Danny's hair though,, he hates it.

We have a tactical surprise for you too, one that can't possibly fail.

Btw, what are your half time pies like? Hope they are better than the soggy steakless and kidney ones that they serve at my place....[/quote']

Bruma has been given the task of man-marking Danny, just back from his loan at Blackpool and looking forward to making his debut.The pies are prime GM food, a staple of the everyday Bolton man.

well done on the trophy Marc.

you will probably find the prize money hasn't been added to your final balance' date=' happened 3 times in the last 2 months to me.

send a bug ticket and if the close it without sorting it out then I will tell you which Dev. to send a message to, the more that point it out, the more chance we have of SM fixing the fault.[/quote']

I sent a bug ticket on the day.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug. Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Kind of annoying.

Blackpool 1-2 Sheffield United

Blackpool rested a number of key first team players after Mondays shield victory to avoid getting unfit. Took the lead with Salomon Rondons penalty. Didnt last long as Koke equalised, and the leagues joint top scorer Mario Gotze scored their winner.

Expected the loss but there squad players gave a good account of themselves. Drop to 8th and five points of CL football, time to make a late push for top four!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 30

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 28th January 2015, in a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Enyeama (Rushden)

Right Back: Mallo (Wimbledon)

Center Back: Chiellini (Manchester City)

Center Back: Fernandez (Fleetwood)

Left Back: Marcelo (Manchester City)

Right Midfield: Ilicevic (Dagenham)

Center Midfield: Barry (Doncaster)

Center Midfield: Eder (Portsmouth)

Left Midfield: McGeady (Sunderland)

Striker: Kruse (Tranmere)

Striker: Balde (Portsmouth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady!!!!

mcgeady.jpg

A very good performance today for the Ireland international, having a role in all of Sunderlands goals as they ran out 4-1 winners at Wolves. He tee'd up Koulibaly in the sixth minute and just after the break he got himself on the score sheet after dribbling past two defenders and firing into the bottom corner. He got his brace in the 76th minute with a rare headed goal and late in the game got his second assist with his cross being headed in by Chicharito.

Been a frustarting season for Mcgeady, with only 14 starts for a very strong Sunderland side. Has some great stats though with 5 goals and 8 assists in those games!

Team of the Round - Season 9

Round 30

Hey guys. Heres my team of the round for games played on Wednesday 28th January 2015' date=' in a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Enyeama (Rushden)

Right Back: Mallo (Wimbledon)

Center Back: Chiellini (Manchester City)

Center Back: Fernandez (Fleetwood)

Left Back: Marcelo (Manchester City)

Right Midfield: Ilicevic (Dagenham)

Center Midfield: Barry (Doncaster)

Center Midfield: Eder (Portsmouth)

Left Midfield: McGeady (Sunderland)

Striker: Kruse (Tranmere)

Striker: Balde (Portsmouth)

Div1

Div2

Div3

Div4

Div5

The player of the round goes to Sunderland winger Aiden McGeady!!!!

mcgeady.jpg

A very good performance today for the Ireland international, having a role in all of Sunderlands goals as they ran out 4-1 winners at Wolves. He tee'd up Koulibaly in the sixth minute and just after the break he got himself on the score sheet after dribbling past two defenders and firing into the bottom corner. He got his brace in the 76th minute with a rare headed goal and late in the game got his second assist with his cross being headed in by Chicharito.

Been a frustarting season for Mcgeady, with only 14 starts for a very strong Sunderland side. Has some great stats though with 5 goals and 8 assists in those games!

Quick question how didn't dominguez ( CB) same position as chiellini get into team of the round ? when my player got 2 goals and match rating of 9 compared to chiellini 1 goal and match rating of 8 ?

Quick question how didn't dominguez ( CB) same position as chiellini get into team of the round ? when my player got 2 goals and match rating of 9 compared to chiellini 1 goal and match rating of 8 ?

the clean sheet :)

I dont do it on ratings like 7046. Seems lazier doing it that way. I do it like a fantasy football point system. x amount of points for goals, x amount for clean sheet, x amount for assist, with minus points for cards, goals against, etc.

They ended level on points so went with the clean sheet as its better for a defender (Fernandez also got the same as Chiellini)

Newcastle 0-2 Crewe

Big win on the Tyne for Crewe last night with Niang getting both goals against a very strong opponent, Delighted with this win.

Allesandrini is also set to join Crewe for 8.7m and will contend with Niang and Quintero for a starting role.

Muhammed El Nenny also flew in to sign from Basle as we continue to use Duncan and Romagnoli cash.

Swindon Town beat Bolton Wanderers 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Cracking result as my Swindon become the first team to beat Bolton at their own ground this season. All 36 of our away fans were heard singing "sacked in the morning" as SMH left for the dressing room... :D

As promised Miguel Danny produced his usual midfield mayhem & provided our opening goal by carving up the Bolton defense to put Jermain Defoe through to score. Defoe may be getting old and slow and has just had his rating decreased by -1 but there was no stopping him in that situation.

15 minutes later we exposed Bolton's defensive frailties again when Baba made a run in the box only to be brought down by Howedes in what looked a clear penalty to me. Defoe once more had Tim Krul fishing the ball out of the net.

I don't know what you said to your team at half time, Dan, but whatever it was it worked as Bolton came out from the break looking far more their usual self. The home side soon began to get the upper hand with Marcel Schmelzer's persistence finally paying off with a 61st minute goal that put his side back in the match.

With tiring legs we changed our game plan to try and hold on to our lead and, with our 5-man defense led by Sergey Ignashevich, we did just that to snatch all 3 points.

Cheers Dan, good game & I am sure you will recover to take the title. Can't say I was too impressed with your team though,,, but the half-time pie was absolutely delicious :)

Cracking result as my Swindon become the first team to beat Bolton at their own ground this season. All 36 of our away fans were heard singing "sacked in the morning" as SMH left for the dressing room... :D

As promised Miguel Danny produced his usual midfield mayhem & provided our opening goal by carving up the Bolton defense to put Jermain Defoe through to score. Defoe may be getting old and slow and has just had his rating decreased by -1 but there was no stopping him in that situation.

15 minutes later we exposed Bolton's defensive frailties again when Baba made a run in the box only to be brought down by Howedes in what looked a clear penalty to me. Defoe once more had Tim Krul fishing the ball out of the net.

I don't know what you said to your team at half time' date=' Dan, but whatever it was it worked as Bolton came out from the break looking far more their usual self. The home side soon began to get the upper hand with Marcel Schmelzer's persistence finally paying off with a 61st minute goal that put his side back in the match.

With tiring legs we changed our game plan to try and hold on to our lead and, with our 5-man defense led by Sergey Ignashevich, we did just that to snatch all 3 points.

Cheers Dan, good game & I am sure you will recover to take the title. Can't say I was too impressed with your team though,,, but the half-time pie was absolutely delicious :)[/quote']

Good game buddy and deserved win for your lot, your on a decent nine game unbeaten run and gave us our first taste of defeat at home this season, it is a bit worrying that we suffer back to back defeats but thanks to Crewe beating Newcastle we stay nine points clear but the pack are closing in and with our next fixture against third place Sunderland we need to get ourselves back on track.