O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Forest Green Rovers in their Division 2 fixture

Picking up a well earned point away to our old adversaries FGR was a good result for us although it didn't prevent us dropping another place in the league. We are now hovering precariously above the bottom 3, which is not where we want to be.

Can't think what has gone wrong this season. Have slightly improved the midfield & defense with the arrival of Dzagoev and Bruma and with Ryan getting his rise but we are still finding goals hard to come by.

We have made several approaches for another striker but the players we have made bids for either don't want to come or their manager doesn't want to release them.

A very important win for us tonight! We made an amazing recovery after going down 2-0' date=' we still managed to win the match in the second half. I'm really pleased with it B) It's being a great season for us. We're 6th, just 7 points behind 1st, and just 3 points behind 3rd.[/quote']

The RED CARD won you the game, we was 2-0 up then you got 3 goals against 10 men.

Charlton Athletic outclassed Tranmere Rovers and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Briand scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Petersen and Pocognoli were also amongst the goalscorers.

We move up to 4th and are just one point off 2nd place.

A bit of an injury crisis at the back with Terry, Cahill, Johnson, and Alex all ruled out. Youngsters Ruben Vezo and Gustavo Gomez sign on loan from Arsenal and Blackpool respectively to help ease the pressure as we still have the League, Cup and Champions League left to compete in.

The RED CARD won you the game' date=' we was 2-0 up then you got 3 goals against 10 men.[/quote']

The red card certainly helped us, but the 2-0 was a joke in first place, my team dominated the match since the beggining.

Ladies & Gentlemen,,,

Jermain Defoe has left the building.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRycbmzjdW8m3iAANDhQWFdIzgIzNh03fk0ziShALXSWbVOslCc

A glum looking Defoe boarding his EasyJet flight to the US

Rumours that the Swindon Town & former England Striker was about to return to the MLS proved correct this morning as it was announced that his 3 year contract with the Wiltshire club had been terminated.

Despite being the clubs top scorer last season it is thought that Swindon Town management wanted to re-negotiate Defoe's pay deal following his rating drop and it seems that the clubs patience finally ran out after receiving a bid from Chicago Hope for a fee close to 6.5m.

Swindon, whose stuttering start this season has led to claims from rival fans that they are putting the wilt into Wiltshire, have put away the lowest amount of goals outside the bottom 3 in Division Two and were known to be unhappy at the prospect of overpaying for a striker that is underscoring.

Defoe remained tight lipped this morning whilst in the priority boarding queue at Gate 23, Stansted Airport and refused to comment if there had been any rift with the club.

Swindon Town Manager, Nicholas Fursse, was equally as reticent...

There was no rift between Jermain and myself. There was just a small issue with his contract that we were unable to compromise on and so we decided to go our separate ways. I probably won't be getting a Christmas Card from him this year but I always get one from Chuck Norris and that's all that matters.

A hard fought 3-2 win for us over Peterborough is a much needed three points, Gustavo with a late winner after a Muller brace.

Pretty bored in here, my interactions with anyone in the set-up are minimal and the in-game posting is on another level so I am going to leave but I will try and get this Bolton team safe before I pack my bags if I can't get that done then I will leave at end of season.

Doesnt it just pee you off when you lose despite creating many more chances.

Lost 5-4 in a thrilling game with Plymouth. Thought a big come back was on after some how going 5-2 down. GG David, hopefully get my revenge in a few weeks in our shield meeting :)

Everton were hammered by Port Vale 6 - 0 in their English Championship Cup Round 4 fixture.

Awful. Just awful.

A pale imitation of my Cup performances two seasons ago. This is certainly my worst moment in 7777.

That being said, congrats to Port Vale and their manager, superb performance.

Victor Valdes was terrible today and can now worry about the possibility of being dropped next game even though my reserve is rated 75.

Our next game is against top of the table Arsenal. We need to perform well in the League now or else I'm going to be very disappointed.

Portuguese League review:

10(!) rises in two days for QPR!!

Yacine-Brahimi-140917-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

Brahimi 89 - 90

Casemiro 87-88

Carrillo 87-88

Zé Luís 84-85

Josué Sá 80-83

Tobias Figueiredo 78-82

João Teixeira 78-80

Francisco RAMOS 77-78

Frédéric Maciel 77-78

Chico Geraldes 75-77

Awesome! :DB):D

Everton slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat to Arsenal in their Division 1 fixture.

Yet another thrashing shows that we really are suffering due to the mass of injuries at the back - Todd Kane and emergency loanee Gustavo Gomez simply could not deal with the massive talent Arsenal posses.

I wasn't expecting a win today due to Arsenal being top of the league, but I at least expected a respectable performance regardless of a lack of available players. Very disappointed.

Queens Park Rangers beat Carlisle United 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Rojo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Brahimi, Robinho and Bacca were amongst the goalscorers.

An impressive performance from my team tonight sees us getting an amazing win over inform Carlisle! :) 20 matches played, we're 6th, 8 points away from 1st place, 6 from 2nd, and only 3 from 3rd. It's been a good season for us so far. Hopefully we can keep a good shift and reach a direct promotion place at the end of the season :rolleyes:

A feisty game with Man City that saw each side get a man sent off, we went on to win 3-0 with new signing Saivet on the scoresheet again. Keissling bagged and brace of goals and captain De Bruyne bagged a brace of assists.Tim Krul walked away as man of the match so we were probably a bit lucky to win by the three goal margin.

Back to back wins see us move out of the dropzone but there is a slim margin of just three points between the relegation and twelfth place.

Finally got a win at last. This time away against Millwall whom we beat 3-2.

We were 3-0 up at one stage but then my team began to tire. Bojan pulled one back for the Lions and then scored a penalty in the dying minutes although, to be honest, the result never looked like slipping away from us.

Alan Dzagoev scored his first goal in a Swindon shirt and was awarded man of the match.

Nice to see Swindon making an effort in their relegation battle, rumour has it that the chairman is relocating their manager to Poland, i wonder if he will take the hint?

Another rumour is that Bolton are going to approach Peter Crouch regarding the managerial vacancy that is coming up at the end of the season, it will take a huge compensation package to let him leave though.

HEREFORD find themselves uncomfortably at the top of Division 2, until our win at Charlton on Wednesday, everyone at the club was waiting for a run of defeats to put us in our place, now some supporters are talking of promotion, which is absolute lunacy and i'm sure it will all end in tears.

Nice to see Swindon making an effort in their relegation battle' date=' rumour has it that the chairman is relocating their manager to Poland, i wonder if he will take the hint?

[/quote']

What hint?? I like it here and besides, it makes it alot easier for me to go to Moscow when I have to explain away the latest National Team failure.

It might seem a long way to commute but actually my place is only 265 miles from Berlin and my Grandfather used to fly there and back almost every night when he was younger so I think it will work out.

I was so busy during the week dealing with transfer negotiations that it completely slipped my mind that Miguel Danny had picked up a suspension from our midweek game against Millwall.

When he showed up at the ground a few minutes ago all suited and booted and looking like he was ready for a night out at Bushwackers I was all ready to lay into him until my Assistant Manager quickly reminded me he was suspended.

So a quick change of plan,,,, but I will be making sure that Danny stays until the end of the match though. Don't see why my skipper should be heading out on a date whilst I am still working.....

What hint?? I like it here and besides' date=' it makes it alot easier for me to go to Moscow when I have to explain away the latest National Team failure.

It might seem a long way to commute but actually my place is only 265 miles from Berlin and my Grandfather used to fly there and back almost every night when he was younger so I think it will work out.

I was so busy during the week dealing with transfer negotiations that it completely slipped my mind that Miguel Danny had picked up a suspension from our midweek game against Millwall.

When he showed up at the ground a few minutes ago all suited and booted and looking like he was ready for a night out at Bushwackers I was all ready to lay into him until my Assistant Manager quickly reminded me he was suspended.

So a quick change of plan,,,, but I will be making sure that Danny stays until the end of the match though. Don't see why my skipper should be heading out on a date whilst I am still working.....[/quote']

looking at the photo's on the club website, i expect your captain will be going on a few more dates before you get one;)

i do hope your grandad had many more jobs after that one.

looking at the photo's on the club website' date=' i expect your captain will be going on a few more dates before you get one;)

[/quote']

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAI6DME2VEb1nhx2a1FqSh_a1VrA6_KifQmdwJPlVhqNHwv50Pigimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjxfcRMLrp6sq7AkKlIFEbpGkqVPWBmmWjDLnnwx-jE0SMxHqM

I don't know,, to be honest I don't think the ladies would be able to tell us apart....

Smashed Newman's Preston 4-0 at Deepdale.

Di Natale came back into the squad following our midweek defeat against Fulham and scored the first and last goal of the game, with strike partner Rudnevs and Christoph Kramer getting the other goals.

More or less slap bang in mid-table in terms of points.

All still to play for so far, only two real stand out teams atm with Hereford and Sunderland.

A freakish game at London Road saw Peterborough post a 2-0 win over division leaders Arsenal. Two red cards to the home team meant that the door was left firmly open for the Gunners, but they were unable to step through it, thanks to some gritty defending from the Posh. Peterborough manager Zayd Mubarak said after the game that most of his time was spent readjusting the water heating timer on his Hive app: "It's thoroughly distracting when these young men get themselves into the habits of early baths and showers. With our facilities staff all down with the flu, it's down to make sure there's enough water for a bath for the rest of the boys. Never mind the stinking away team." And off he went to solder an elbow join.

Jeffrey BRUMA has completed his move to Queens Park Rangers from Swindon Town for 5,000,000 plus Josué SÁ

A very important signing for QPR, this is exactly what we were needing! We lacked options for CB, but not anymore. Bruma is a young player, 87 rated, and has room to rise in future i hope. I'm happy to get him, thanks Nico for the deal! We have a perfectly balanced squad now.