O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

We travel to Brum tonight for our match against Birmingham.

They have won 5 out of their last 6, beat us twice last season and we have never managed to even score against them.

Apart from that we are quite hopeful of getting a result :D

Oh,,,and Danny is back....

Knee deep in revision at the moment, so my focus on SM has temporarily waned of late.

Hence why I left my first team in the cup match on Monday, so tonight my babies will have to play out of their skins to get something against Blackpool.

Queens Park Rangers beat Derby County 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Robinho and Brahimi were also amongst the goalscorers.

Great win and performance against 2nd placed and top form team Derby County! What a nice week, the entire top 4 droped points, so we jumped to 4th and got closer to top2. Only 3 points away of 2nd place, and 5 points from 1st. I believe we will get there! This season we go for direct promotion!

Knee deep in revision at the moment' date=' so my focus on SM has temporarily waned of late.

Hence why I left my first team in the cup match on Monday, so tonight my babies will have to play out of their skins to get something against Blackpool.[/quote']

They gave us a good game, we also gave a few squad players a game due to fitness issues. Nice that we put our shield exit behind us and get the thre points.

Rafa Silva scored a brace, his first goals for the club after signing four seasons ago. Negredo scored the other.

We dont really have much to play forr this season. 15 points off a title challenge, nine away from relegation scrap. Just the Europa League to defend :(

Wanna do some deals, not many are responding or willing to counter recently...

The match ended 2 - 2 between Swindon Town and Birmingham City in their Division 2 fixture

Got off to a bad start when Zambrano put the Blues ahead after just 5 minutes. Then Dzsudzsak piled on the misery by putting his side two up just after the half time break.

Sensing the game slipping away from us I had a rare moment of tactical genius and made a switch after 60 minutes. It did the trick because after that we completely dominated the rest of the game.

Artem Dzyuba scored a neat goal to put us back in the match and then SuperDanny went on a solo run into the box to slide the ball passed Fabianski to give us a well deserved and hard fought equaliser.

Due to other results and our poor goal difference we find ourselves back in 20th place and only 6 points above the relegation zone because of Tranmere, who keep upsetting the karma in division 2 by winning.

The picture probably looks worse than it is though because we are also only 6 points from 9th place. After last nights solid comeback against Birmingham I am confident that we have what it takes to secure another season in Div 2.

Borges Romulo has agreed to join Swindon for £9million, a nice £3.5mill profit in six months. Could rise in the future and linked to bigge clubs but dont see him getting many games for me for a long time.

Areola also rose from 85 -> 86. Carlos Tevez also returned to training and should be fit for next wednesday :D

Borges Romulo has agreed to join Swindon for £9million' date=',,,,[/quote']

Thanks for the quick and easy deal Marc.

Happy to bring the Brazilian to my club, which completes the final piece of the puzzle in my midfield.

Romulo will take the role of DM that we have struggled to fill since Christian Noboa left us last season. His holding skills and ability to make a killer pass should hopefully give us more of an edge in the midfield.

With Eremenko (89), Dzagoev (90) & Danny (90) playing in front of Romulo we now have a midfield with the creative potential that you would normally only see on Blue Peter.

SENSATIONAL INTERNATIONAL NEWS

The EC7777 international football scene was left reeling yesterday after the sensational sacking of England Manager, Daz Mac.

Daz, who presided over last seasons diabolical and disastrous World Cup campaign which saw the English team fail to qualify for their own tournament, was thought to have perhaps escaped the axe despite strong pleas from all areas of society to quit.

However, the old timer decision makers at the English FA are known to only move at the speed of a tortoise but, after the recent WC qualifier at Wembley against Senegal, a crucial match that left England humbled by a 3-2 home defeat, it seems that they moved up a few gears into snail pace and finally made a decision,,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwtlhwtjawQ8ewje5egYNDoScpTjDDyEiKsrrzJ4wEBR18cQJ5

The defeat to Senegal, in which Daz strangely fielded his reserve GK as a Centre Back, claiming it was a tactical master stroke, appears to have been the beginning of the end of his tenure and the manager was last seen running across St James Park being chased by angry English fans.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQezwbH_svlNtFM3HAph0-OszVhGdwcGEebLQCa-3tibAk916VO

As if that wasn't enough scandal for one day, the FA then surpassed themselves by proving able to make two decisions on the same day and within moments had announced the appointment of the new England Manager,, Mr Stephen Beddows.

For those unaware, Stephen probably has the hardest job in 7777 having taken over Barrow, a club that have finished bottom of Division 5 for the last three successive seasons and, judging by this seasons results, look as if they won't be giving up their claim to the wooden spoon without a struggle. In fact, rumour has it that the SMFA have written Barrow's name on the spoon with a black permanent marker and have allowed Stephen to keep it in his kitchen drawer at home to save on postage.

After yesterday's shocking news many fans will be left wondering if Stephen is the right man to take England to World Cup glory. Others, particularly those north of the border, will claim that, being the master of defeat, he could be the perfect appointment.

Whatever happens the football community as a whole will no doubt be wishing the new manager the best of luck in his ventures and English supporters will be keeping everything crossed in the hope that it works out well.

After all, now that the FA have exceeded their usual annual quota of decision making all in one day, it is unlikely that another will be forthcoming for several months.

Blackpool 4-1 Bolton

A change of formation to 5-4-1 really payed off as we win the Lancashire Derby. The change of formation was due to having three unfit strikers and Tevez still short of match fitness. Goals from Perez, Dante, Rondon and Iniesta, with the little Spainyard creating two of the goals. A late second booking for Zabaletta was the only downside of the night.

Up to 9th. Arsenal next. :)

Very nice win over high flying WBA. The lads played really well with Gotze on the scoresheet again. Feels good after messing up our last match.

A couple of injuries (one bad one) sour it a little, but as long as we don't get any more, we should cope ok.

Queens Park Rangers outclassed Norwich City and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Dabo and Rojo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Queens Park Rangers have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Norwich City 0 - 6.

Up to 3rd! Huge win to confirm our great moment! It's a good time to be a QPR fan :P

Blackpool 4-1 Bolton

A change of formation to 5-4-1 really payed off as we win the Lancashire Derby. The change of formation was due to having three unfit strikers and Tevez still short of match fitness. Goals from Perez' date=' Dante, Rondon and Iniesta, with the little Spainyard creating two of the goals. A late second booking for Zabaletta was the only downside of the night.

Up to 9th. Arsenal next. :)[/center']

Well played nice win even though I thought the scoreline was a tad harsh on us, good game mate.

Newport County beat Torquay United 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Schuster scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Martins and Olić were also amongst the goalscorers.

With half season in the bag, and although with ups and downs, Newport is in better position than I expected in the beginning. 3 points away from the play-offs, but the most important, 15 points away from relegation! Keep pushing Newport, still a very long road to travel :)

Lost 3-0 to Wolves last night. Created the same number of chances and made the same number of shots on goal but somehow things just didn't go our way. The defeat sees us slip one place further down the division and now we are just hovering above the bottom 3. With unmanaged Tranmere and unfit Preston both winning I am now as pessimistic about our chances of staying up as I am about this new forum layout.,,