O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Tevez haunted Man City again after scoring in the third consecutive game against his former club. He scored in the European Super Cup and in the previous league game. He scored last night in a 2-1 win over City. Three wins against his former club, a very sweet feeling for the Blackpool skipper :D

After 3 wins on the bounce we were looking to escape the relegation battle but three defeats in a row have us hovering just a place and a point above the trapdoor. The recent 3-1 defeat to Plymouth was very disappointing especially as we had new keeper Mandanda in between the sticks.

We get a bit of a break from the league tonight as we have a Shield semi-final against Wolves, we have had to bring in Rico from Hull again as I had not noticed that Manadanda was cuptied, the squad will be a bit of a mashup as we have quite a few unfit players and Keissling & Fernandinho out injured.

Defeat for us to Wolves in the semi-final. Things seemed to be going okay at 0-0 until Keissling got his marching orders then Wolves took the lead minutes later, we did pull one back but the parity only lasted two minutes before Wolves went back in the lead. Good game.

And thanks to Hull for the reloan of goalkeeper Rico, it could maybe have put Hull in a strange position as if we had beat Wolves we would have met them in the final.

A season defining game against Chelsea tonight. We have lost the last two matches and dropped out of the top 10' date=' so if we are going to have a decent season this time, we really need a win here.[/quote']

Well I gave a big build up to this one and went on to lose it. Oh well another match is on its way.

Blackpool move up to 6th with a 1-0 win over Leeds. A change of formation from 5-4-1 to 3-5-2 on the hour swung the game in our favour, aswell as the introduction of Gerard Deulofeu. The young Spainyard set up his fellow countryamn Andres Iniesta to score the winner minutes after coming on. Iniesta won a 6th MOM award aswell, the joint most in division 1 and is really back to his best form after struggling last season.

Russia beat Ghana 4 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 16 fixture.

Dzagoev scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Demolished Ghana with two early strikes from Alan Dzagoev, who is on great form at the moment. Cheryshev produced another good performance in his second international by providing both the assists. Artem Dzyuba came on as sub to add a third and a Shirokov free-kick wrapped up proceedings in a win that takes Russia to the top of the group,,,, hang on, phone is ringing....

"Hello... ah, hello Fabio,,,, yes mate, top of the group..... thats right,,, yeah, try using Dzagoev, it works for me in 7777,,,,, putting him on the pitch will help,,,,,, whats that?,,,,,, ah, yes, I read it in the news mate,,,,,, hmmm, that sucks,,,,,, Gibraltar job should be available soon though,,,,,, ok,,, chaio".

...sorry about that,, where was I?? Oh yes, top of the group and a win against the minnows of Malta in a fortnight's time will guarantee us a trip to Germany.

On the domestic front we face top of the table, Hereford, tonight at County Ground. It's usually an interesting encounter and if we can take a point off them we will consider it a great result.

Demolished Ghana with two early strikes from Alan Dzagoev' date=' who is on great form at the moment. Cheryshev produced another good performance in his second international by providing both the assists. Artem Dzyuba came on as sub to add a third and a Shirokov free-kick wrapped up proceedings in a win that takes Russia to the top of the group,,,, hang on, phone is ringing....

"Hello... ah, hello Fabio,,,, yes mate, top of the group..... thats right,,, yeah, try using Dzagoev, it works for me in 7777,,,,, putting him on the pitch will help,,,,,, whats that?,,,,,, ah, yes, I read it in the news mate,,,,,, hmmm, that sucks,,,,,, Gibraltar job should be available soon though,,,,,, ok,,, chaio".

...sorry about that,, where was I?? Oh yes, top of the group and a win against the minnows of Malta in a fortnight's time will guarantee us a trip to Germany.

On the domestic front we face top of the table, Hereford, tonight at County Ground. It's usually an interesting encounter and if we can take a point off them we will consider it a great result.[/font']

45 minutes to kick off and we have only just been allowed into our cold ,damp, unlit changing room, lost the key my #rse!

45 minutes to kick off and we have only just been allowed into our cold ' date='damp, unlit changing room, lost the key my #rse![/quote']

That plus 10c of Wiltshire rain and a dodgy referee from Saudi Arabia that no one has ever heard of before...... preparations couldn't have gone better..

Forums are pretty dead I feel like every post I make is accompanied by a tumbleweed gif.

Our last two games:

Chelsea 1- Bolton 1

Full Match Statistics

[TABLE=align: center, cellpadding: 3]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #345094]49%[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]51%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #345094]19[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #345094]10[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #345094]4[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #345094]1[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 0%, bgcolor: #345094]0[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 0%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Bolton 2 -Boro 1

Full Match Statistics

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]49%[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]51%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]7[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]14[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]5[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]6[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]2[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]1[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 0%, bgcolor: #b43434]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Pleased to grab four points from these two games as they were much needed, we have started to make a small gap to the trap-door.

In the last game against Boro we fought back from 1-0 down with 10 men when new loan signing Zaha who was only on for two minutes scored but that now leaves us missing Fernandino for next game along with De Bruyne for the next five games as he picked up an injury, the squad is definitely getting stretched.

tumbleweed-o.gif

Swindon Town slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat against Hereford FC in their Division 2 fixture.

Well done Paul, a great result for you. I think you should be fairly safe from relegation now.

Hereford were in a completely different class last night. We didn't even manage to create a single chance until the second half and, to be honest, I think whatever formation I had chosen the outcome would have been the same.

Ignashevich, Natcho & recent-riser Nabiullin are all doubtful for the next match in Malcolm's Bath & Fernandes is out on suspension. Hopefully will get all these little problems out of the way before the 3-match-a-week fun starts.

Forums are pretty dead I feel like every post I make is accompanied by a tumbleweed gif.

I know what you mean Dan. Whenever I click the "Post Reply" button all I can hear is an echo....

But as a married man I am quite used to talking to myself :)

I know what you mean Dan. Whenever I click the "Post Reply" button all I can hear is an echo....

But as a married man I am quite used to talking to myself :)

there is a big difference to 'talking to yourself' and 'someone not taking any notice of you'

whether it is the missus or your team during the teamtalk.

Well done Paul' date=' a great result for you. I think you should be fairly safe from relegation now.

Hereford were in a completely different class last night. We didn't even manage to create a single chance until the second half and, to be honest, I think whatever formation I had chosen the outcome would have been the same.

Ignashevich, Natcho & recent-riser Nabiullin are all doubtful for the next match in Malcolm's Bath & Fernandes is out on suspension. Hopefully will get all these little problems out of the way before the 3-match-a-week fun starts.[/font'][/color]

Well done Paul' date=' a great result for you. I think you should be fairly safe from relegation now.

Ignashevich, Natcho & recent-riser Nabiullin are all doubtful for the next match in Malcolm's Bath & Fernandes is out on suspension. Hopefully will get all these little problems out of the way before the 3-match-a-week fun starts.[/font'][/color]

thank you kind Sir,

we have to be happy with that performance, relegation is now out of our minds, we are even talking about making the play offs.

A nice 1-0 win for us over Sheffield United courtesy off a Thorgan Hazard winner keeps our recent run of form going.

[h=2]Full Match Statistics[/h] [TABLE=align: center, cellpadding: 3]

[TR]

Possession [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 48.0%, bgcolor: #b43434]48%[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 52.0%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]52%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Total Shots [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 33.3%, bgcolor: #b43434]6[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 66.7%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]12[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Shots On Target [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 37.5%, bgcolor: #b43434]3[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 62.5%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Corners [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 33.3%, bgcolor: #b43434]2[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, width: 66.7%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Yellow Cards [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 100.0%, bgcolor: #b43434]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

Red Cards [/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 0%, bgcolor: #b43434]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We are still five points clear of the dropzone with ten games to play, Big match for us next against Palace.

An entertaining 3-3 draw for us tonight with Crystal Palace, I thought we had the win after fighting back from a goal down but a late equalizer meant a share of the spoils. But with Shorpe losing it means we stretch the gap between ourselves and the dropzone to six points with nine games to play.

Full Match Statistics

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]52%[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]48%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]19[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]13[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]8[/TD]

[TD=class: curved right, bgcolor: #b43434]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: curved left, width: 0%, bgcolor: #cfcfcf]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We are now getting to the business end of the season here is the gist in division 1:

Division 1 ( nine games to play) :

Arsenal are rocking a bit with three defeats in the last four which has allowed the chasing pack to close in a bit. Leeds and Liverpool are leading the chase six points behind the leaders closely followed by Chelsea and Everton.Top four is pretty open with just eight points covering second to eleventh place.

The bottom two (Palace & Wednesday) need a bit of a run as they sit on twenty-two and twenty-three points, Scunny hold the last dropspot on twenty-seven points but just above them are Newcastle who are just two points clear. Bolton and Sheffield United are six and nine clear of the zone.

Further to Dan's update on Division 1 thought I would do the same for Division 2; especially as we are now approaching that time of the season where the lower divisions embark on the 3-game-a-week schedule.

For me, the 3 matches a week is what sets this GW apart from all the other forum game worlds. I am sure all the other GWs are challenging but trying to juggle your side around fitness, injuries, suspensions, etc., and still put out a reasonable team three times a week in order to achieve a result has to be the test of all tests for players of SM. This is where we see who is lacking in depth, who is willing to risk injury to key players by playing them half fit and where 75 rated players, who rarely even make the bench, are given the chance to prove themselves & become club hero's.

At this stage of the season the two automatic promotion spots are held by Hereford & Sunderland with an 11 point gap between them and 4th place. 3rd placed Fulham have only managed to gain one point in their last 3 matches, which has seen their challenge fall away somewhat and it will take an almighty effort for anyone else to topple the top two of their perch.

At the other end of the table Preston North End look to be doomed to a drop to Division 3. A dismal season at Deepdale sees them rooted to the foot of the table with only 17 points (a staggering 20 points and an insurmountable goal difference adrift from safety). With a side already crippled with fitness issues it is difficult to see any change in their fortunes.

Cardiff City's tenure in the second flight also looks to be coming to an end. A 13 point deficit sees the Welsh club staring at the abyss and it will require a huge turnaround in form and results for them to make a recovery.

The fight to avoid the third relegation spot is shaping up to be an interesting battle with 6 clubs struggling for survival; Fleetwood, FGR, Gillingham, Hull City, Tranmere Rovers and, of course, my own Swindon. At this stage it is anyone's guess who will beat the drop and a turnaround in form could easily see any of these sides reach safety or for another team to slide into the trouble zone!

Over to Division 3......... :)