O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Hereford are looking a bit shaky these days..... told you they were a one-legged turkey. At least the win they got against Swindon means they are safe from the drop...

Meanwhile at County Ground we managed our first back to back win for a long time by beating our rivals Crewe. 19yo Carlos Strandberg came on as sub to score a late winner.

When Noisy was their manager we always managed a good result against them and I always enjoyed shaking Noisy's hand after the game which is more than I can say for their new Boss, the Riddler.... whose apparent latest riddle seems to be "where the hell am I?", having not been seen or heard from in the last 20 days??

Rumours I heard from some of their fans last night was that he is part of some elaborate hide & seek scheme.. Others claimed that the local Mafia kidnapped him and turned him into the half-time pie that was served up at their ground last night... but I'm not swallowing any of that...

Russia outclassed Malta and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 16 fixture

Russia qualified for the World Cup Finals in Germany in style last night after the demolition of Malta in a 7-0 rout at the Luzhniki.

It was a match we always expected to win so we took the opportunity to experiment a little. Maksim Kanunnikov made his international debut in the absence of the injured Kombarov and performed very well with 2 assists and a goal of his own. The match also saw the surprise recall of striker Alexsandr Kerzhakov, who probably thought his international career was over having failed to even make the squad for the last WC. However, following his recent signing for Tranmere Rovers, there has been a resurgence in his form and he more than justified his late selection by scoring a hat-trick and taking the MOTM award.

I woke up early this morning and whilst I was waiting for the wife to get up and make me a cup of tea I decided to be put the time to good use by doing a little bit of research into the history of the 7777 World Cup. Interestingly only 6 nations have actually won the trophy and, surprisingly, no nation outside of Europe has ever made the final (no Brazil,, no Argentina !!!)

Season 1 - Winners Germany (Runners Up - France)

Season 2 - Winners Italy (France)

Season 3 - Winners Poland (England)

Season 4 - Winners Germany (Slovakia)

Season 5 - Winners Netherlands (Bosnia & Herzegovina)

Season 6 - Winners Italy (Spain)

Season 7 - Winners Croatia (Germany)

Season 8 - Winners Portugal (France)

Season 9 - Winners Netherlands (Ukraine)

A little update on QPR's life in Division 3:

- We're leading the pack (still) in what has been a very great season for us! :) Hopefully this time we manage to achieve direct promotion, play-offs killed us past seasons!

- We managed to sign Lucas Lima (Santos's star) & Ewerton ( Sporting's new CB), two very good additions to our team, and i'm very happy with my squad. We're ready to face 3 games a week always in good shape!

- Andrea Pirlo is for sale. A good cash offer or a decent player exchange deal will take him off from Loftus Road!

A convincing 3-0 defeat to Arsenal keeps us guessing what division Bolton will be in next season.

Shorpe lost so we are still five points clear of the dropzone with seven games to play, tense times for the Bolton faithful.

Hopefully I can leave Bolton in the top flight before I leave at seasons end, I am quite proud of the rebuild I have done at Bolton and obviously winning the division two title last season as that is a very tough division to get out of.

As we ready to hand over the reigns of Bolton to a new manager at the seasons end, with our treasurer balancing the books the club is now financially viable as the income and expenditure are now on a level par meaning we make a couple of bucks after every home and away game. We will also leave the next manager with a transfer kitty upwards of fifteen million to help them kickstart their new project.

The club has a healthy 19 man first team with an average age of 24 and average rating of 88.

Of the 19 man first team 8 players are rated 90+ with superstar Thomas Muller being the star man closely followed by De Bruyne..

There are only two players that are 30+ ( Fernandinho 30/92 & Mandanda 30/91).

Of the youngsters in the squad Max Arnold is the star prospect 21/88.

I took Bolton from division two to division one earning Bolton their first ever trophy in the shape of the division two title, hopefully I can leave the next manager the chance to test his mettle in the top league, that of course is still undecided as with seven games to go we are a mere five points clear of the drop.

Three games to play and we are a mere five and six points clear of Shorpe & Sheffield Wednesday respectively above the dropzone, a massive three games coming up against Leeds, Spurs and Blackpool that could decide whether Bolton play in division one or two next season.

46207.jpg42073.jpg70860.jpg

~~~~ VOLLAND~~~~~~~~~~ASPAS~~~~~~~~~KIMMICH~~~

In the meantime we have bolstered our attack with the signing of 89 rated 22 yold Kevin Volland in a part exchange deal that saw Caio, Bruma & 2 million go the other way. Also joining up at Bolton is 88 rated Iago Aspas for 6.6 million from external. Young Bayern Minich 20 yold Joshua Kimmich was also picked up recently for a fee of 5 million from Oxford.

The team has a great look to it now but we are open to cash offers for 24 yold Henri Saivet, a fee of around 8 million should be enough to get him or we could add up to 8 million along with the player for a part-exchange,, also we have been listening to offers for Thomas Muller but the three offers we received didn't really inspire the chairman.

Sheffield Utd News

Jack Wilshere comes into the first team. A big price was paid, but it is always fun to mix it up a bit, and as I signed the two players that left fora total of 2.4M, I don't think the deal was that bad.

He also joins other recent signing Leighton Baines. I've never had an Englishman in the first team before, and now there are two!!!

Another big signing is on his way and can be announced shortly.

Always happy to listen to offers.

You Have Quit As Manager Of Preston North End

Much like in EC 7046, my decision to quit as manager of Preston was difficult over time, but it's been coming for some time and was an easy enough decision in the end (tonight).

I've loved playing a part in this gameworld right from the very start, and to do it with the club I support made it even more special. I've been promoted and relegated a few times, and as the table shows, sadly I go out with Preston being relegated. I haven't given them the attention they deserve for some time, but I know someone will be able to rejuvinate them sooner or later. Thanks to everyone I've interacted with for making my time here worthwhile. Obviously it's only a game at the end of the day, but the forum adds a different aspect and makes it more than that. Anyway, this is verging towards cheesy and cringey and I'm going to stop :P

Best of luck to everyone for the future, and best of luck to whoever takes over at North End. Take good care of them!

Much like in EC 7046' date=' my decision to quit as manager of Preston was difficult over time, but it's been coming for some time and was an easy enough decision in the end (tonight).

I've loved playing a part in this gameworld right from the very start, and to do it with the club I support made it even more special. I've been promoted and relegated a few times, and as the table shows, sadly I go out with Preston being relegated. I haven't given them the attention they deserve for some time, but I know someone will be able to rejuvinate them sooner or later. Thanks to everyone I've interacted with for making my time here worthwhile. Obviously it's only a game at the end of the day, but the forum adds a different aspect and makes it more than that. Anyway, this is verging towards cheesy and cringey and I'm going to stop :P

Best of luck to everyone for the future, and best of luck to whoever takes over at North End. Take good care of them![/quote']

Yep they need a bit of TLC, see you on the dark side Ben.

A 1-0 defeat to Title chasing Leeds is not exactly what we needed at this stage of the season but with other results going our way we go into the last two games with a five point lead over the dropzone.

Well done Dan on staying up, shame to hear youre quitting,no way to change your mind?

Shorpe lose 1-0 to Liverpool which looks like the final nail in the coffin. Two games left in division 1 for my team. In the end, my team was poor but 8 seasons in division 1 is a good achievement for such a small team :)

Well done Dan on staying up' date=' shame to hear you‘re quitting,no way to change your mind?

Shorpe lose 1-0 to Liverpool which looks like the final nail in the coffin. Two games left in division 1 for my team. In the end, my team was poor but 8 seasons in division 1 is a good achievement for such a small team :)[/quote']

Not over yet Riece as two big games still to go (Spurs & Blackpool) and we are only 5 and 6 clear of you and Wednesday. I very much doubt I will change my mind but it is a decent enough team to be left behind for someone as there is some nice talent and ratings in there, the only worry is it going to some clown.

Bolton fought back from a goal down with goals from Fernandinho & De Bruyne after Xhaka had opened for Spurs. Bolton looked to have ensured their safety but one minute from the end Memphis Depay evened things up to ensure the Division one relegation battle will go down to the last day of the season.

Well done to Scunny and Wednesday for getting the wins now that only leaves us three points clear of the pair going into the last game, we have a three and four goal advantage over the pair respectively so things are going to be exciting!

Last day relegation fixtures;

Bolton-BlackburnPool

Chelsea -Shorpe

Plymouth-Sheffield Wednesday

Good luck lads.

21 days to fill a 15 post-page on this forum thread is shocking and 7 of them are mine, such a shame that the forum has gone so quiet.

Bolton fought back from a goal down with goals from Fernandinho & De Bruyne after Xhaka had opened for Spurs. Bolton looked to have ensured their safety but one minute from the end Memphis Depay evened things up to ensure the Division one relegation battle will go down to the last day of the season.

Well done to Scunny and Wednesday for getting the wins now that only leaves us three points clear of the pair going into the last game' date=' we have a three and four goal advantage over the pair respectively so things are going to be exciting!

Last day relegation fixtures;

[b']Bolton[/b]-Blackburn

Chelsea -Shorpe

Plymouth-Sheffield Wednesday

Good luck lads.

21 days to fill a 15 post-page on this forum thread is shocking and 7 of them are mine, such a shame that the forum has gone so quiet.

Certainly will be interesting but unless you lose 4-0 and I beat Chelsea which in the pass has been by 1 goal, I cant see me staying up. Division 2 is going to feel weird for my Shorpe due to the 3 games a week. Season 2 was my last season in division 2 and the teams are alot tougher so I dont see a bounce back for a while :/

But yeah last game of the season will be a cracker considering Arsenal play second i think aswell :D

Edit - You also play Blackpool :P

Certainly will be interesting but unless you lose 4-0 and I beat Chelsea which in the pass has been by 1 goal' date=' I cant see me staying up. Division 2 is going to feel weird for my Shorpe due to the 3 games a week. Season 2 was my last season in division 2 and the teams are alot tougher so I dont see a bounce back for a while :/

But yeah last game of the season will be a cracker considering Arsenal play second i think aswell :D

Edit - You also play Blackpool :P [/quote']

Yes it definitely sets out a good last day Reice and with Marc needing to rattle a few past me for Blackpool to earn a tenth consecutive European challenge coupled with them beating us 4-1 in the reverse fixture this season therein lies a chance not only for you but for Wednesday as well as a repeat of that result would only leave you needing a one goal win to climb above me, Wednesday would need a two goal margin. The title match up between Pip and Sec should be a cracker too, earlier in the season there were strange predictions in the gameworld feed that Arsenal are set to dominate for seasons, much better to see only three points between the top three teams going into the last game .