English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, muallan said:

As I approach my 100th league match in charge of Barrow and the conclusion of my 3rd season with the club, it's a perfect time to reflect on my 9 and a half months in charge of the club.

Good news -nice and steady improvement on the results front.

1st season with the club the team got 11 points (to be fair, I was only inherited the team with 10-15 games left and got 7 of the 11 points lol). The following season, my first full season in charge of Barrow, we got 31 points and now we will have 54 points.

Also it's good to see the value of the players continue to grow, when I started the team was worth only 40-50m now we're at 80.5m. Yay.

Bad news - the team still isn't competitive yet (even at Division 5 standards) and navigating the financial aspect has been rather tricky.

I reckon my wage bill that is consistently over 900k is one of the highest in the division and with minimal operational revenue that means buying and selling players for profit is really the only way to stay in the black. Every season I need around 40-45m of profit in the transfer market, right now I'm at around 38m.

Now the two main methods I use to generate profit have unfortunately not been as effective compared to when I used them in 7046 in the past couple years for a couple reasons:

1. I've failed to generate many internal deals - part of this is due to the lack of quality in my team, but also part of it is due to the 'culture' of 7777, everyone's out to swindle each other, including myself lol. I've got a few players through lowballing, but selling players is really tough when all you get are really lackluster offers. Only 3 players have left Barrow so far in P/E deals (Josep Martinez, Kudus & Krastev).

2. SM refuses to review non-top 5 leagues anymore, it's absolutely frustrating. I would say a majority of my team play in either the second divisions of top countries (e.g. France, Italy, Spain) or leagues that are the 'best of the rest' (Russia, Czechia, MLS, Austria) so I've been forced to baghold them for periods longer than I expected. But when these leagues get reviewed it will provide a massive boost to my finances and give me the opportunity to build towards creating a competitive squad in Division 5. Because once you get out of D5 it's much easier to surge up the leagues because of the increased promotion spots. I can only hope SM reviews the leagues before the 'Lack of First Team Opportunities' concern kills half my team, it's the worst type of concern in the game because even if you play the concernees nothing will be change.

Now finally, to end this mess of a post, what are the objectives for Barrow in the future?

Season 4 - Goals are to cement the team as a mid-table side, pray that Russia & MLS get reviewed, and build towards a side with a 85 average. Only 2 players are 84+ in my team at the moment (Hartel & Sema) and they'll be leaving soon to fund the next batch of risers at Barrow. Qualitative goals: 90m squad value, positive financial balance & top 13 finish.

Season 5 - Bring in 3 loanees and make a solid push for the playoffs. By then, it'll be the new year, with the top 5 leagues likely getting a new review so if I can get ahold of a couple rising stars I may now have the foundation to actually be competitive. Qualitative goals: 110m squad value, positive financial balance & top 8 finish.

Season 6 - Get out of the hellhole that is Division 5. Qualitative goals: 130m squad value, positive financial balance & top 3 finish.

Out of the 136 players on my team at the moment, I can definitely see a couple becoming permanent main-stays in the starting 11 in the future: Granada's recent signing Luis Milla, Darwin Nunez, Moncayola, Felix Agu, Conor Gallagher, and Eberechi Eze (if I don't sell him first). Almost all of the rest, except for the promising youngsters, will be sold for profit (hopefully).

Trust the process I guess. bye

This sort of stuff is great to see. That long term timeline sounds quite promising. Slowly but surely, you'll get there. I wish I had the patience and knowledge to do something like that project haha. Good luck with it all!

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Newport County

1st (94 points) in Division 4 - Title & Promotion to Division 3

A great first season for me in Wales. Took over an unremarkable team that finished mid-table last season and the lads responded to the change in management, rewarding me with a title and promotion. Looking to build on this good work next season in a higher division!

Top Scorer: Javier HERNANDEZ (11 goals)

Top Performer: Javier HERNANDEZ (7.24 average rating)

1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-Season @ Newport County (Season 23)

It's been busy over in Wales as we've tried to strengthen for the upcoming challenge of life in Division 3. The chairman gave us a decent-sized cash injection, with the expectation of avoiding relegation. Some players have come in, on permanent transfers and loans, to bolster the ranks and everything seems set for hopefully a successful season. The only concern is the wage bill but we'll see how that works out as the season progresses.

2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in 5 pre-season friendlies has inspired some hope in the Newport fans and now it's up to the team to perform.

The first match-day sees us meeting Leyton Orient, one of the teams that were promoted with us. Playing away from home, it'll be a good test to kick off the season. Let's do it! 

Capture 2.JPG

Capture.JPG

3 games into the season Barrow only have 1 point though that is expected, it's going to be another long rebuilding season for the club.

However there is some good news as the financial aspect of the club is improving at a nice pace, shoutout to SW for finally reviewing the 2. Bundesliga, as a result we've got some nice rises:

Heyer 78 -> 82

Stolze 78 -> 82

Behrens 76 -> 82

Ernst 78 -> 82

And we're still waiting for Paik, Kruger, Mainka & Busch to rise. Altogether I reckon I'll profit a solid 6m thanks to this review. As a result of the recent rises the club now has a solid base of 82 rated players (19+ at the moment) which isn't too bad I guess, but the goal now is to increase this to 85 - only Gojak is 84+ now. 

Fortunately I reckon there's hope that Barrow can start to continue building up soon as there's a batch of players I reckon that can reach that (and maybe more) including the likes of Darwin Nunez, Conor Gallagher (who I traded Kudus for), Moncayola, Kral, Agu, Walker-Peters, Robson Bambu.

Also there's a whole bunch of 'wild card' players whose progress should be interesting to monitor: Milla, Ferrer, Pieper, Bukari, Alzate, Czyborra, Yvan Neyou.

Now we hope that SW decides to review MLS, Russia & Czechia ASAP - each league should get me an extra 6-7m on average to continue to reinvest before wages kill my finances. Then hopefully they turn to Austria, Switzerland, Ligue 2, and Colombia.

The process continues!

My 50th game in charge of Newport County ended in a 1-0 home win for the boys against Reading. Pretty even match but glad we eeked out a win for the fans.

These first 50 games in charge have gone so much better than anything I could have ever expected. 124 points in total, for an average of 2.48 points per game. Hopefully the next 50 are just as great!

• 2 weeks later...

A decent start to the season with 11 points from 7 games for Crawley. I signed a bunch of Brazilians that should rise later. I sign this one guy called Matheus Teixeira for most of my teams and its weird no one else bids for a 21 year old whos played 4 games in Brazil. So i check a week ago on soccerway just to see he has no starts but 4 on the bench in one of the state leagues lol dont know how i messed that up. Luckily he was only 280k.

Shoutout to SM for finally reviewing some leagues.

Thanks to this, Barrow's team value is now 124.4m 10 games into my 4th (3rd full) season - on August 18 it was 80.5m! The goal for this season and next season was to reach 90m & 110m respectively but we've absolutely smashed those financial targets. With plenty of cash on hand (for now), there's more room to grow for Barrow - should Austria, Czechia & MLS get reviewed soon, it'll provide a huge financial boost to the team. Also still waiting for players from Pordonese in Serie B & Ligue 2 to get their rises.

Now Barrow has 33 82+ rated players, led by the 85 rated quartet of Kral, Gojak, Shomurodov & Darwin Nunez. They should be joined by Moncayola, Alzate, Milla, KWP and perhaps even Conor Gallagher & Pieper in the near future.

Results wise, Barrow have 2 wins, 3 draws & 5 losses, placing the club in 18th (1 below last season's final position) which isn't amazing, but there is some improvement in the team's competitiveness as since by the -1 GD. So far, I've only lost one game by more than 1 goal so I wouldn't be surprised if the team's results improve a little in the future.

As for end of season projections, I'm aiming to maintain a $125-130m squad value + keep $5-10m cash and finish top 15.

All of this should provide a solid foundation for next season where we could potentially be a 'dark horse' for a playoff spot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The boys at Newport County are flying in Division 3! On a magnificent run as we head towards the middle of the season, beyond every expectation I could have had for the team at this stage. My original goal was to avoid a relegation dog-fight but, after 18 games, we find ourselves top of the table and undefeated in 8 league games.

Our last game was a 2-0 win against Bury, which was especially sweet considering the petty disdain I have for their manager, who somehow always manages to set up/rotate his players and teams across all his game-worlds on time but never quite finds the few seconds it would take to quickly respond to transfer bids or messages regarding any of his players. Bit disrespectful of the bloke to be like that so, in the meantime, he can hold onto the fat L I just gave him.

In regards to my team, there's only one injury to a starting XI player currently so the squad fitness is holding up well and our rotation system is working wonderfully.

However, all good things must come to an end and our run/good fortune will run its course at some point. I'm trying to anticipate changes I might have to make to the team before it all gets a bit old, stale and the players no longer have trade value so if anyone has a forward that's 88+ rated and is looking to make a deal, let me know. I've only got a few million in cash (and dropping quickly due to wages), but hopefully there's a deal to be done with player exchanges.

Let the season roll on in the meantime!

Capture.JPG

Im up to 300 games with Crawley in my second spell with them. My first spell in 2015/2016 was just 23 games. That was the only time i quit a team because of the value changes SM made back then. Squad was about 50 mil and dropped to about 25 mil. So i had some unfinished business and had to return to Crawley 😎

8 hours ago, AArulz said:

The boys at Newport County are flying in Division 3! On a magnificent run as we head towards the middle of the season, beyond every expectation I could have had for the team at this stage. My original goal was to avoid a relegation dog-fight but, after 18 games, we find ourselves top of the table and undefeated in 8 league games.

Our last game was a 2-0 win against Bury, which was especially sweet considering the petty disdain I have for their manager, who somehow always manages to set up/rotate his players and teams across all his game-worlds on time but never quite finds the few seconds it would take to quickly respond to transfer bids or messages regarding any of his players. Bit disrespectful of the bloke to be like that so, in the meantime, he can hold onto the fat L I just gave him.

In regards to my team, there's only one injury to a starting XI player currently so the squad fitness is holding up well and our rotation system is working wonderfully.

However, all good things must come to an end and our run/good fortune will run its course at some point. I'm trying to anticipate changes I might have to make to the team before it all gets a bit old, stale and the players no longer have trade value so if anyone has a forward that's 88+ rated and is looking to make a deal, let me know. I've only got a few million in cash (and dropping quickly due to wages), but hopefully there's a deal to be done with player exchanges.

Let the season roll on in the meantime!

Capture.JPG

Meanwhile, Aston Villa are struggling in Div 1 after being promoted last season :( Hoping for a top half finish though :)

Screenshot (43).png