O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: A new Forum filled EC (Please read)

Well I've recently been laid off in one setup so why not :). I hope my rep/post count isn't a problem. :o

Isn't a problem at all dudeskin the main discussion so far been about getting some of the more recognizable forumers into the set up :)

Isn't a problem at all dudeskin the main discussion so far been about getting some of the more recognizable forumers into the set up :)

Yh that's good but the idea about having mainly new forumers is really clever and something that could give the setup it's own identity which is important as many setups these days have the same old forumers which makes each one less special.

In all fairness I think 7484 was just sprung up too soon it was never planned it just Happened what also happened was most forumers took division 5 sides and didn't enjoy the experience as it's nothing like what challenges had happened previously ' date=' also 7484 was created in a time where 7345 was about 10-15 games into the season and 7046 was just coming to the end of it's first season and never really had a chance to become a set up where forumers spent the majority of the time and priority as they where too busy building teams in the other major set ups :) I know this isn't the case for everyone but with me I found that 7484 just wasn't as strong as 7046/7345 and that there the set ups I prioritized my time with :)[/quote']

Fair enough to a point but there's always going to be reasons (don't want to use the word 'excuses') but you get what you put in.

I do sense with a lot of forumers there's a lack of fore-sight, they should of thought about the other set-ups they were apart of first and if they could give the time to yet another new one. Not sure I understand what you mean about division 5 challenges... too easy? Div5 sides will always struggle to do 'human deals' and tbh there's so many risers out there it will be the same in any set-up IMO, maybe your knowledge/scouting is better than what it used to be :P

Anyways apologises gone off on a bit of tangent there, I've expressed my initial interest in this one to give it a chance and will see how it develops and what kind of interest can be harboured, a month is quite a long way away though, so shall see what happens...

Yh that's good but the idea about having mainly new forumers is really clever and something that could give the setup it's own identity which is important as many setups these days have the same old forumers which makes each one less special.

Yeah I see what you mean but with the identity and the new forumers thing would be great but there's 115 team to fill correct me if I'm wrong ? So I'd say the best approach may be a mixture of the regulars and the new lot coming onto the forum :)

Fair enough to a point but there's always going to be reasons (don't want to use the word 'excuses') but you get what you put in.

I do sense with a lot of forumers there's a lack of fore-sight' date=' they should of thought about the other set-ups they were apart of first and if could give the time to yet another new one. Not sure I understand what you mean about division 5 challenges... too easy? Div5 sides will always struggle to do 'human deals' and tbh there's so many risers out there it will be the same in any set-up IMO, maybe your knowledge/scouting is better than what it used to be :P

Anyways apologises gone off on a bit of tangent there, I've expressed my initial interest in this one to give it a chance will see how it develops and what kind of interest can be harboured, a month is quite a long way away though, so shall see what happens...[/quote']

In the end I suppose theres pros and cons for waiting a month,

Pros

1. We can gain more interest of more people.

2. Increases build up to the setup

Cons.

1. Some people may not see it that way and lose interest. But hopefully that won't happen and we can all be patient :)

And we all know what happened there ....

But yeah a month is maybe a little to long I'd say maybe a fortnight :P

in all fairness it could be less then a month, It all depends on how fast the ECs get made. Remember its 7777 were aiming for. :)

In the end I suppose theres pros and cons for waiting a month' date='

Pros

1. We can gain more interest of more people.

2. Increases build up to the setup

Cons.

1. Some people may not see it that way and lose interest. But hopefully that won't happen and we can all be patient :)[/quote']

Tbh I'm alluding mostly to my own poor memory :P A month's time could work but maybe some reminder messages nearer creation time wouldn't go amiss if that's the case ;)

Tbh I'm alluding mostly to my own poor memory :P A month's time could work but maybe some reminder messages nearer creation time wouldn't go amiss if that's the case ;)

Oh yeah definatly I will continue to update this post and keep it active.

Oh yeah definatly I will continue to update this post and keep it active.

Cheers, the longer you leave it the more work required I guess :P but hopefully you should see more benefits by giving it a bit of time...