English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Unsurprisingly missed out on Tim Howard, didn't really expect to get him as I just put a cheeky 9m bid in for him hoping for a bit of luck but it's not the end of the world. Congrats Ashh. :P

Not sure which direction to go for, I could do what I did before and bring in very cheap players who are high rated but are either old or useless IRL, or try and bring in some slightly more expensive lower rated players who have decent futures IRL, but would stretch my budget. Then there's this business of 3 games a week towards the end of the season, so do I buy a decent second team to try and win those extra games or do I neglect my second team and maximize my first team to make sure I win most of the rest?

Decisions... decisions....

Also yeah, Puncheon isn't very good at all, the Saints manager doesn't want to play him and his best possible move seems to be Portsmouth, although he maintains he wants 'top-flight football. So yeah, why would anyone, let alone City want him? :eek:

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Why couldn't you have told him that earlier :( He would have been a nice addition to my Port Vale as I would have made a good profit on him until City robbed him from me.

Adam count yourslef lucky mate , he has the worst attitude it's unbelievable , couldn't even get in the squad in league 1 and now is off to sit in the QPR reserve squad. Alot better talents on my shortlist!

Adam count yourslef lucky mate ' date=' he has the worst attitude it's unbelievable , couldn't even get in the squad in league 1 and now is off to sit in the [b']QPR reserve squad.[/b]

the Saints manager doesn't want to play him and his best possible move seems to be Portsmouth' date=' although he maintains he wants 'top-flight football. [/quote']

Scratch what I said then. :P

Chantome , Palacios and Silva join team to end our Main transfers might be in the market for a riser or two now worth just under 150 million average age is 24 for the first team 23 if you include the youth team average rating varys where you read it 88 on the overview 89 for the starting eleven 87 for the first team and 83 for the whole squad but that's down to the two 60s in the youth team :P

Really enjoying this team/set up , got a cup quarter final against chelsea on Monday will be playing the second string as the leauges more important In my eyes average rating will be 87 tho so I'm confident we can put up a good fight. 2nd place Leicester on Wednesday hopefully we get a result and pull further away from 7th :)

About to work out my finances hopefully were be stay in the green for the rest of the season if we can make any money I'll be very pleased.

Scratch what I said then. :P

Haha ' date=' only roumers mate! apparently wereclose to getting Kaspar Gorks and cash for him but that's for another thread!

Doesn't matter now found another player, don't know much about him but he scored a decent goal the other day. :)

Good good mate, if i wasn't signing this player i currently have a bid in on i'd tell you all about him but he should get a +5 so i think i'll keep him ;)

Didn't Puncheon start nearly every game for Blackpool last season while on loan there? Might have been someone else though haha :P

He played like 12 5 of which were off the bench or something. The lad's to big for his boots but again that's for the championship thread.

And Mikey , we must have similar taste in players you've bid for about 4 players off my shortlist which i was looking at before i made some of m other signings and a few off it which i was keeping an eye on! Would be good if you got them all mate!

And Mikey ' date=' we must have similar taste in players you've bid for about 4 players off my shortlist which i was looking at before i made some of m other signings and a few off it which i was keeping an eye on! Would be good if you got them all mate![/quote']

Haha I did notice that, whenever I looked up a player I'd see interested: Middlesborough.

Although that's partly because a lot of the players I was looking at were Saints players, I'm tempted to go for a few but I probably shouldn't as they're not the most logical decisions and just based on me loving the pants off of them. :P

I'm still struggling to decide where to go with my team, there's a couple of players that I really want but I think I'd be stretching my budget too much if I got them. Not to mention the fact that I've stuck a bid in for Tim Cahill. :P

Haha I did notice that' date=' whenever I looked up a player I'd see interested: Middlesborough.

Although that's partly because a lot of the players I was looking at were Saints players, I'm tempted to go for a few but I probably shouldn't as they're not the most logical decisions and just based on me loving the pants off of them. :P

I'm still struggling to decide where to go with my team, there's a couple of players that I really want but I think I'd be stretching my budget too much if I got them. Not to mention the fact that I've stuck a bid in for Tim Cahill. :P[/quote']

Yeah i'm thinking of grabbing a few myself :P will probs end up just grabbing alot of other championship players as theres some big risers in their this year if they play as much as i think they will :o dont really need em just want them!

I always go off the basis that a squad of 21 is a must , so to have a strong starting 11 with versatile replacements for each is good :)

Yeah i'm thinking of grabbing a few myself :P will probs end up just grabbing alot of other championship players as theres some big risers in their this year if they play as much as i think they will :o dont really need em just want them!

I always go off the basis that a squad of 21 is a must ' date=' so to have a strong starting 11 with versatile replacements for each is good :)[/quote']

I usually go off the basis of buying whoever the hell I want for my first team without fully thinking it through and then ending up with no replacements whatsoever. :P

Mateo KOVACIC CAN GO FOR CASH!!!

Most of you know what a talent kovacic is and im only selling him to get more squad depth...i suggest bidding chairmen max as bids of around 1.5mil have been offered. Btw sorry man city manager for cancelling i got like 4 PM's saying they will pay more, and frankly i need the cash :)

With Howard (90) , Mavuba (90) , Pienaar (90) , Noboa (89) , Kiessling (90) all completing their moves in the last 24 hours the first team looks like this.

Howard (90)

Silvestri (88) – Huth (88) – Evans (88) – Ekotto (89)

Mavuba (90)

Medel (88) – Nboa (89)

Joaquin (90) --------- Pienaar (90)

Kiessling (90)

Hope to improve on that over the next few weeks and bring in a full back up squad with some youth to cover behind!

Welcome to a new forumer tom deakin who has took over the division 4 train wreck Barnet. :)

Nice to have another forumer in he has a big Job on his hands there at least all the squads off tb (it never was on tb).

Kangaroo Jack has the notts county offer if anyones looking to get in get in contact with either him or me :)

Just want to say: Congratulation everybody for the new teams and especially Duffman' date='did a very good job at Leeds and it's a very good squad there.[/quote']

Thanks mate :)

Player Not Released - Player too good to release.

The player in question is Salie (68) rated goalkeeper ... I've got a 89 and a 60 back up anyone wanna grab this lad off be for 10k ?

Took a while but i briefed through the 15 pages i missed since going to newcastle for the weekend, transfer market is still busy i see :D

Chesterfield Drew 0-0 last night to burton which means we drop to 10th place but now only 8 points off the playoffs instead of 9 points :D

Transfer News :

BEST, Leon CF - 84

UKRA, Monteiro - Wing/Fwd - 85

BALITSCH, Hanno - DM/RB - 87

FERDINAND, Anton - Def - 87

EBANKS-BLAKE, Sylvan - CF - 85

WOODGATE, Jonathan - CB - 87

Wages i imagine are going to cripple me for the time being, but the hell of a profit i can make from selling just one of these guys will pull me out of any trouble i may find myself in, with 6 new faces and 12.5m in the bank, were looking to cut them 8 points out pretty fast and march into the playoffs :D

Up The Spireites

Ba? Ben Arfa? CAHILL?! Flipping heck buddy Bournemouth really are looking great!

Haha thanks mate but just wait until you see the bunch of pensioners I bring in to play around them. :P

To give an idea of the calibre I'm looking at, I've got Owen Hargreaves shortlisted. B)