English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Anyway' date=' Northampton beat Exeter 3-0. Also when will Wrexham lose?! They'll lose on Wednesday. :)[/quote']

Never!!!!! 14 straight wins and counting :D. If you think you can defend against Sturridge and Obasi, if you think you can out pass Balmont, Gabi or Kombarov, if you think you can make the smallest impact on Astori and Dede, or score even the best chance against Alvarez, dream on :D.

In all seriousness, this is the big one. If we beat you then the run could go the rest of the season. I f we lose, we might crumble like a fine cheddar :eek:

MULLER CAME ON IN CHANGE OF FORMATION AT HALF TIME AND SET UP THREE GOALS IN THE EIGHT GOAL THRILLER IN MANCHESTER !!

Manchester City tonight faced Queens Park Rangers in Manchester' date=' City Played the 4-5-1 formation in the first half and then brought three subs on and changed to 3-5-2 in the Second Half, Well the Change Worked, The Three subs who came on were Tom Lees, Thomas Muller and Luiz Adriano, Three goals were scored in the Second Half, Sub Muller set them up While Tom Lees got one, Adriano got two, What super Subs !!![/b']

Good Win, Nice to score Five Goals !!! ADAM JOHNSON MADE HIS QPR DEBUT TONIGHT AFTER HE SIGNED FOR THE LONDON CLUB THIS MORNING FOR £13.5M ![/color]

CITY SIGN DEFENDER !

After having Too Many Wingers I decided Sell Adam Johnson in the end, Thought I would be better off with a Extra CB Especially after on Wednesday, Westermann and Phil Jones got injured, Chris Smalling is with Southampton for A few more weeks as we have a agreement linked up with another GW, Very happy as be signing Chedjou for just £4.4m plus a 83 and 80, Brill deal for a safe 89 in a Good Game World like this one !!

What he said, his half time change hit me hard, good game, I got my tactics all wrong for this one but wasn't really expecting a win vs probably the leagues best team.

Tranmere Rovers Update

Since taking over in late November, we have been hamstrung by an unbalanced squad featuring lots of young russians with potential. The first 11 all rated over 80, however, with over 20 players under that rating, some major surgery is required. Also, we have heamorraged almost $200k in cash a week leading to a negative balance of almost $3million.

In this time we have the following record:

Played 15

Won 2

Drawn 2

Lost 11

Goals For: 12

Goals Against: 31

Now that the transfer bans are lifting there is some drastic re-modelling of the team occurring. We will listen to all offers for players as their bans are lifted, however a few 'top urgent' priorities have been addressed:

Players out:

Glushakov 24years old, CM 87 - sold for $11.4mill

Pogrebnyak, 28yo, CF 88 - sold for $ 8.9mill

Vasilyev, 19yo, CM 75 - sold for $582k

Players in:

Eduardo, 29yo, GK89 - $5.1mill - gives us plus 14 points between the sticks

Brighi, 30yo, CM/DM88 - $ 4.7mill - Direct replacement for Glushakov

Campbell, 24yo, FWD/Wing 86 - $4.5mill - versatile younger replacement for Pogrebnyak

Wheater, 24yo, CB/RB 85 - $3.8mill - cover/options in defence.

We have also signed 4 british youth players, with a view to imminent departures.

Hopefully we now have a spine to build from. At just over the halfway stage, we are in the relegation zone. Our number one priority is to add some steel and some firepower to the team. We've started with the steel, next the firepower...

Drop me a PM if you're interested in any players!

Stevenage-Bath City 1-2

Stevenage

-

Bath City

M.PLATJE 82

Half Time

(0 - 1)C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56

Stevenage

-

Bath City

M.PLATJE 82

Half Time

(0 - 1)C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56

Stevenage

-

Bath City

M.PLATJE 82

Half Time

(0 - 1)C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56M.PLATJE 82

Half Time

(0 - 1)C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56

M.PLATJE 82

Half Time

(0 - 1)C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56

M.Platje 82 C.RODRIGUEZ 28

G.MASCARA 56

Loose my first game with Stevenage,relegation battle in Div.4 now is very interesting

hereford get a comfortable 2-0 away win at oldham.

clinging onto 3rd place for the moment but not confident of keeping it as i have finished my transfers for the season, while teams around me are improving their's.

i spoke to alex in the week and found out why the on/off morecambe saga was called off at the last minute.

officially it was because he couldnt leave his dearest donna but unofficially it was because his wages were to be performance related and he was scared that he would end up owing them money at the end of the season.

the new cafe is to be finished later this week, hopefully up and running by the weekend, invites to forumers will be in the post on tuesday, for the official opening.

Nice win against decent side FGR. Our chance to win div.5 still alive.

ahh your squad is decent now, so are the others around me....i hope my transfers this week will get me back on course..gateshead up next......a draw will do.....

got to get promoted this season..

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against West Bromwich Albion.

Everton beat West Bromwich Albion 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Vucinic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rodwell and Gourcuff were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice to get back to winning ways... finally :P

Shorpe win 3-0 :)

Cani with a goal and a assist' date='which add his tally to 12 goals and 18 assists,But only has 2 Motm's :confused:

I also feel the engine is messed up,I won 3-0 tonight only 3 shots on target,and last game i had 3 goals and 3 shots on target

Leicester City[b']-Have been unlucky,this is like the 4th games where they let in every single goal on target,Unlucky Mate[/b]

I didn't realise that, we've done it in 4 of the last 5 games! I need a new goalkeeper I think.

Well played anyway.

EC 7777 is missing something not sure what though :/

My thoughts exactly :(

It's turning into a bit of a grave yard lately, probably due to the amount of people leaving. This is still one of the best EC's around, so hopefully with a couple of fresh new faces we'll be up and running again :)

i spoke to alex in the week and found out why the on/off morecambe saga was called off at the last minute.

officially it was because he couldnt leave his dearest donna but unofficially it was because his wages were to be performance related and he was scared that he would end up owing them money at the end of the season.

the new cafe is to be finished later this week' date=' hopefully up and running by the weekend, invites to forumers will be in the post on tuesday, for the official opening.[/quote']

Serving Americano Grande - washing my hair that day

Serving Tesco Blue Label in a polystyrene cup - getting there early to avoid the rush

It's turning into a bit of a grave yard lately' date=' probably due to the amount of people leaving. This is still one of the best EC's around, so hopefully with a couple of fresh new faces we'll be up and running again :)[/quote']

This place blows man... sort it out or im off :P

It's turning into a bit of a grave yard lately' date=' probably due to the amount of people leaving. This is still one of the best EC's around, so hopefully with a couple of fresh new faces we'll be up and running again :)[/quote']

I think it's a combination of a bunch of things. People leaving doesn't help, but there's also been a lot of other set-ups opening recently, and new teams take a lot more work and are a lot more interesting, whereas 7777 is a season and a half in and a lot of peoples transfer business has staled due to the external market getting smaller and smaller and the internal market being almost non-existant. And when you're not doing much with your team you're less likely to do/say a lot on the forum. I think a lot of people are frustrated with their teams as well, in the first season if your team isn't doing very well you just suck it up and think 'Maybe next season', but then your team starts doing badly the next season too and you get frustrated and lose interest in the team.

Ryan is a big miss too, he breathed a lot of life into the set-up and put a lot of effort into things like Super 6 and the Kit Competition. And no-ones really stepped up to fill the void he's left.

Despite saying all that, I still love this set-up, and I'm 100% certain this little low period wont last long at all.

Ryan is a big miss too' date=' he breathed a lot of life into the set-up and put a lot of effort into things like [b']Super 6[/b] and the Kit Competition. And no-ones really stepped up to fill the void he's left.

Despite saying all that, I still love this set-up, and I'm 100% certain this little low period wont last long at all.

Ryan will be back soon, and right with you there man!

In an aim to re-light the fire of this set-up heres my idea:

EC 7777 fantasy football

Basically it works like basic fantasy football;

You pick 11 players out of all 5 divisions and then we see which fantasy team was the best;

Must be 4-4-2 and the points the team earned will be totalled like this:

Match rating+Goals+Assists+MofM(extra 1 point) for Strikers

Match rating+Goals+Assists+Clean sheet(extra 1point)+MofM(extra 1point) for defenders and GKs

Each Match rating you get is worth 1 point:

I.e. 7 match rating = 7 points

Each goal gets you 1 point

Each assist gets you 1 point

A clean sheet gets you 1 point

A MofM award gets you 1 point

I then add up the teams points and see which team got the most points.

Pick one player for each position and then PM them to me?

GK

LB CB CB RB

LM CM CM RM

FWD FWD

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

EC 7777 fantasy football

You pick 11 players out of all 5 divisions and then we see which fantasy team was the best;

Match rating+Goals+Assists+Clean sheet(extra 1point)+MofM(extra 1point) for defenders and GKs

GK

LB CB CB RB

LM CM CM RM

FWD FWD

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

good idea, but one thing I think would make it better is to say, you have to have at least two players from each division, so people don't just have all from same team / all from div one or whatever. Might make it a bit more competitive

EC 7777 fantasy football

GK

LB CB CB RB

LM CM CM RM

FWD FWD

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

There should be a budget based on player value ie, £75 million or something. That would stop people buying all PL players. I agree that there should be a rule saying at least 2 per division as well. Also, we should be limited to 2 transfers a week like IRL.

EC 7777 fantasy football

GK

LB CB CB RB

LM CM CM RM

FWD FWD

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I like the idea and would take part' date=' not sure about using the match ratings though, would make it a lot of work for you. Think it would be easier to just do the usual kind of thing of like 2 points for a start, 1 point for a sub appearance, 4 for a goal, 2 for an assist, 3 for a clean sheet, then a 1 point bonus for MoTM. Would make it simpler and means you'd just have to click on a match report, look at the goals, then check the assists and the MoTM and then go on, rather than doing every single match rating. Just my take on it. :)

good idea, but one thing I think would make it better is to say, you have to have at least two players from each division, so people don't just have all from same team / all from div one or whatever. Might make it a bit more competitive

I agree with that as well.