English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

CITY BEAT SHORPE TO GO INTO 2ND !

Manchester City 2-0 Shorpe

Luiz Adriano got his first league start in 26 days tonight and scored from an acute angle before the break, the shot was deflected in off a defender but the brazilian was given the goal. David Silva returned from his injury by coming off the bench and the spanish international scored a cracking goal for his 5th of the season.

Like we knew before kick off, if colchester beat Bournemouth we would move 2nd with a win, thats happened ! :)

Man City need to play 1st, 3rd and 4th yet so anything can happen !

1 Colchester United 36 43 71

2 MANCHESTER CITY 36 31 65

3 AFC Bournemouth 36 26 64

4 Blackburn Rovers 36 17 58

5 Newcastle United 36 10 58

6 Bristol City 36 4 58

Home game against Portsmouth next !

Ahmad Rivai 2 steered Wycombe Wanderers to victory against Fleetwood Town.

Wycombe Wanderers outclassed Fleetwood Town and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 5

fixture.

Wesley scored a goal and

was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Orozco and Mehmeti were also amongst the goalscorers.

Move to 2nd now, and just 3 points below Grimsby :)

They've been coming for a while, and boy was I looking forward to them...

The monday games are here and with their arrival disappears my chances of automatic promotion. Just have to hope we don't fall apart too much and can stay in the play-offs.

Also KJ, you have the bare faced cheek to complain to me about your injuries and say that I had the 3 points, and then put out a 88-rated team? What were you complaining about? :P

Nice bidding war going on at 7777 :)

Really wanted to get involved but imagined some of the bids being ridiculous however got rewarded this morning by Reus who got a position change to FWD/Wing removing my need for another Forward this now means him and Grosskreutz can alternate between Wing and FWD when there in the same starting 11 which should prove Useful!

Gillingham Are Back!

Mr. Turnbull, (manager ranking 11/102) says "Gillingham will by making big changes in the squad, but first they will be doing their very best to gain promotion to the Championship..."

The announcement comes after Gillingham have started a remarkable turn around of their form. From 6 losses to 9 wins in their past 11 games, and they are looking particularly formidable in their past 3 games, when they scored a total of 15 goals.

A player playing at his very best, Pablo Piatti (on loan form Manchester Utd) has toted up 16 goals and 13 assists, but be was not the best...up until yesterday. He was second only to Gillingham's own Younes Belhanda who has knocked in 13 goals and 6 assists...But yesterday say the incredible form of Piatti reach a new level...and scored all five of Gillingham's goals against MK Dons.

And it is not only the Gill's lethal wingers that are doing well. Striker Almeida is also knocking them away with 9 goals and 10 assists.

Mr. Turnbull also had this to say: "We are good, good enough to be promoted from division 3, but we must always get better so we will be looking to do lots of deals...At the moment we only have 11 83+ players of our own, with some low rated players we will be looking to sell for cash.

But although the small squad size will rule out 2 for 1 incoming deals we may well be happy to sell 1 for 2...Please bid, VM or PM to suggest a deal, we are always open to deals!"

A few sigh* moments today...

cesar carranza has resigned as the manager of Eastbourne Borough.

cesar carranza has become the new Eastbourne Borough manager.

Geoffrey Kan has decided to resign from Middlesbrough after 0 games in charge.

The Middlesbrough chairman has appointed Geoffrey Kan as the clubs new manager.

Histon have appointed Warren Uden as the clubs new manager.

Warren Uden has decided to resign from Exeter City after 0 games in charge.

Warren Uden has become the new Exeter City manager.

Just been advised this was one of the better EC though 106 has it for me' date=' Anyway sorry guys took over Exeter but then I decided I should work at the bottom, so Histon it is.

Can't wait for the challenge to begin with more emphasis on next season rather than the four games left this.[/quote']

My mistake was here :P

J. Hutchinson II steered Forest Green Rovers to victory against Rushden & Diamonds.

Forest Green Rovers outclassed Rushden & Diamonds and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Devaux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fernández was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Second string XI scrape an away win at lowly Rushden. After taking an early lead through midfield enforcer DEVAUX, Rushden struck back after 5 mins with a stunning equaliser.

7' GOAL!! - Antoine DEVAUX hits a powerful shot in off the post!

It certainly was squeeky bum time in the second half, stats showing 68% possession to us and a increbile 32 shots, FGR struggled to hit the net. But in the 76th minute a penalty was won and Junior FERNANDEZ converted to put the game to bed.

76' GOAL!! - Júnior FERNÁNDEZ scores from the penalty spot.

York & Grimsby dropped points which makes the title race open again, only 7 points from top to our 6th place. Hopefully the Monday night games can throw up some shocks as squad depths are tested. Next up a tough home clash against 7th place Barrow.

Stoke manager Stewart Henry here.(not hammer)

Any 89/90 Wide midfielders or Wingers available for loan or buy?

Stoke City still struggling to balance the side, this is reflected in our jumpy results of late.

Hoping for another win to push us out of the relegation spaces, it's a butthole clenching time of the season.

Ânderson LUISAO has completed his move to Preston North End from Milan in a swap deal for Igor DENISOV . All other offers were turned down.

Yes! My offer was around £16M with Denisov alone, so I saved a bit of cash on the side too! I don't really know many players from the Russian league other than the well known Eto'o, Doumbia, Zhirkov etc, but I've heard good things about Denisov, so I'll be keeping an eye on him when he's off TB. I don't have cover in CB and with Cannavaro constantly playing first team action on about 90% fitness, it's nice to be able to rotate!

Sorry for the big paragraph, so to cut it short I'll just add that I like Luisao :):P

Edit: Youngster Ryan Noble can leave for £1M if anyone is interested. He signed for Derby permanently if I'm not mistaken, but SM haven't changed his player fact file.

Is SM acting strange for everyone?

The player and team names have been replaced by numbers....

I think its probably a new change !

How pathetic, going on to your home page and instead of it saying Manchester City it was....

Number 47 :rolleyes: What a joke, its not april fools yet.

I think its probably a new change !

How pathetic' date=' going on to your home page and instead of it saying Manchester City it was....

Number 47 :rolleyes: What a joke, its not april fools yet.[/quote']

Really doubt it's an intentional change, probably just a glitch.

Well done to Gunzodan's Sheffield United for winning the race to sign Robert Lewandowski, Im curious to find out how much it was in P.E What was spent on him.

For the people who bidded how much did you offer all together (With players in P.E)

I offered £19m In total, £1.4m + Charlie Taylor (75) + Luiz Adriano (89), it failed but it would probably be a bit harsh to sell Adriano after he scored for me against Shorpe last night :D

Really doubt it's an intentional change' date=' probably just a glitch.[/quote']

It is very strange to have your clubs name as a number.

We will just after see what happens mate.

EDIT: THE TEAM NAMES ARE BACK ;)

My bid for Lewandowski was Briand (89) and Silva (80) + £2 million. Both rated higher than Sheffields so it must have been close.

Ah well. Congrats on the great signing.

Mauricio ALONSO has completed his move to Blackpool from Cerro for £610,000

Youngster should get a decent rise when Uruaguay gets reviewed.

Robert LEWANDOWSKI has completed his move to Sheffield United from Milan for £2' date='800,000 plus Victor GIULIANO and Martín BENÍTEZ . All other offers were turned down.[/quote']

Guiliano and Benitez are both youngsters so their P/E was excellent, and Milans Chairman valued them higher than mine. I think the total value was about 21M, sorry I can't remember exactly. I could and would have gone higher by another 1 or 2M but I didn't have enough cash.

I think its a good signing for the squad. He's bound to reach 90 in the next changes I would have thought. As good a prospect Guiliano is, it will be a long time for him to reach that level!