English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Took over Middlesbrough. Looking to transfer Joaquin' date=' Pienaar, Osman, Cacau and Howard. I need some depth so i will consider 2 for 1 swaps. Please no cash or rubbish player offers.[/quote']

welcome. good luck with boro and hope you stick around..

Your Podolski bid was far more excessive than my bid for Jadson mate:confused:

True' date=' but Jadson is playing awful and now moved to Brazil. Some say he will drop thats why I thought the Stoke bid was odd lol

[center']Blackpool 2-2 Birmingham

Blackpool left frustrated as they were held by 9 man Birmingham. Birmingham took the lead with Cardozo. Kalou equalised before half-time. Defour was then sent off for Birmingham, but they took the lead again with a goal from Lampard. Cazorla quickly equalised, and Birmingham had to play the last 30 minutes with 9 players after Risse was sent off.

Podolski made his debut from the bench but is still unfit. Will make his full debut in Napoli :)

Drop to 5th on GD. The race for Champions League football is incredible tight![/center]

Sensational result at Bootham Crescent for FGR!

Forest Green Rovers outclassed York City and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 5 fixture.

Bruno scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Welbeck and Roux were also amongst the goalscorers.

A pretty one sided game from in-form FGR took the points in a very heated game at York. Roux, Welbeck, Fabian & Bruno Vieria are all in a rich vein of form at the moment and all added their names to the scoresheet, with some belting goals.

2' GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for Marco FABIƁN to finish! What a poachers goal!

19' GOAL!! - A brilliant through-ball leaves Nolan ROUX with just the keeper to beat and he confidently places it! Great finish!

54' GOAL!! - A foraging run and strike by Vieira BRUNO sends the crowd wild! One for the scrapbook!

58' GOAL!! - Danny WELBECK hits it early leaving the keeper stranded!

Cards were popping out the refs pocket like a toaster, with 6 yellows and 2 reds seen. Sadly the ref set the tone of the game with a straight red to young KIREEV after just 9 minutes.

9' RED CARD - Igor KIREEV did not even go for the ball, the ref gives him straight red!

tempers were clearly up in this vital clash of 2 side fighting for the title, with 2 more bookings following the red...

11' BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Adelino VIEIRINHA for kicking the ball away

15' BOOKED - Leyti N'DIAYE takes out his man with his forearm and results in a yellow card

Spahic (on 33mins) & Joao Felipe (63mins) both went in the book but York's Guthrie didnt help himself with 2 bad tackles resulting in his marching orders in the last 5 minutes. FGR's striker BILL also saw yellow in the final 10.

57' BOOKED - After a late lunge Danny GUTHRIE receives a yellow card

86' SENT OFF - Another stupid challenge by Danny GUTHRIE results in another yellow card

York drop away to 6th place, with FGR & Gateshead climbing a place each. The other top sides all won meaning its still a 7 point gap for FGR to catch Grimsby. But with Monday Night Football seeing Gateshead & Grimsby clash, and Wtcombe facing a tricky Tamworth away, FGR are looking to beat a mangerless & struggling Southport. A win is vital as other sides around FGR could drop points....

Drew 1-1 with Bristol City, relatively happy with the result as I forgot to set my tactics and they are a good team, but bit disappointing that we got 15 shots on target to their one and couldn't take 3 points away from the game.

Still relatively safe with a five point gap to fourth, but haven't won in four and and there's still three monday games left so everything could still collapse.

True' date=' but Jadson is playing awful and now moved to Brazil. Some say he will drop thats why I thought the Stoke bid was odd lol

[center']Blackpool 2-2 Birmingham

Blackpool left frustrated as they were held by 9 man Birmingham. Birmingham took the lead with Cardozo. Kalou equalised before half-time. Defour was then sent off for Birmingham, but they took the lead again with a goal from Lampard. Cazorla quickly equalised, and Birmingham had to play the last 30 minutes with 9 players after Risse was sent off.

Podolski made his debut from the bench but is still unfit. Will make his full debut in Napoli :)

Drop to 5th on GD. The race for Champions League football is incredible tight![/center]

Ah no worries mate,glad Stoke got him then:D

Sunderland win 3-1 at home with in form Gervinho scoring two.Race certainly is tight at the top!

Nervy Wolves Edge Past Wigan

Wolves dig deep to increase lead to 10 points

Wolves 1 - 0 Wigan

Hernanes (78)

The loss of Rolfes easily showed as Wolves struggled against a weak Wigan. Diaby came in with a Man of the Match performance to replace Rolfes but Wolves' midfield looked nervy. Wolves are still the clear favourites to win the league as they pull a further 2 points clear of Man Utd. It was Hernanes to the rescue late on as he increases his tally to 19 goals this season, but Wolves' lack of experience in the title race is clearly stopping them from performing the way they were earlier in the season.

Guest <klhepworth.

Kieran Hepworth steered Brentford to victory against Wrexham.

Brentford beat Wrexham 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Galeano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Giovinco and Futacs were amongst the goalscorers.

Yes! Revenge for getting beat 5-4 earlier in the season. Had to play a patched up side because my match fitness is messed up after forgetting to set tactics on Monday. I think automatic promotion is very unlikely but I've consolidated my position in the play-offs, and prolonged the title race a little bit:)

A few risers for us too:

Marko Futacs +2 -> 80 (Got the winner against Wrexham)

Joe Dudgeon +3 -> 78 (Hoped for a +5)

Bob Harris +1 -> 78

Ross McCormack +1 -> 84

Huddersfield Town 1-0 Blackpool

Good friendly for my Huddersfield tonight , its shows that we are on the right path . Theo Walcott once again with the goal (88th minute ) , he's been great since joining on loan from United . Though Blackpool deserved at least a draw as they had 51% of the ball and more shots . Thanks for accepting the request Marc ;)

Huddersfield Town 1-0 Blackpool

Good friendly for my Huddersfield tonight ' date=' its shows that we are on the right path . Theo Walcott once again with the goal (88th minute ) , he's been great since joining on loan from United . Though Blackpool deserved at least a draw as they had 51% of the ball and more shots . Thanks for accepting the request Marc ;)[/quote']

GG

Went back to my original formation, but 3-5-2 wins again :P Dont think ive beat your team yet and weve had about 5 games lol