English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

I face Wigan tonight at the Etihad stadium in my first home game of the season.

There is 4 changes for tonights game from the squad what drew 1-1 at Everton on the opening day - Gonzalo Castro, Chris Smalling, Scott Parker and Steven Gerrard come into the starting XI for the dropped Aurelian chedjou, Heiko Westermann, Antonio Valencia and Sergio Aguero.

Need a win tonight, I dont fancy drawing or losing cause i'll only have 2 points on the board then at maximum, I face a tough Fulham side on Saturday which will be our second home game on the bounce.

Free Agent Victor ANICHEBE has completed his move to Reading for £4,043,000

Sung-Yueng KI has completed his move to Reading from Celtic in a swap deal for Antolín ALCARAZ

Yuya KUBO has completed his move to Reading from Kyoto Sanga for £200,000 plus Jacob WALCOTT

Nice three signings for Reading :)

Anichebe goes straight into the team for tonight's game against Leyton Orient. Brings a bit of balance to the front line, that and Ilicic has not wowed me since he got here

Fantastic day for the Dons as bella Italia came up trumps for me in the rising game:

John Obi +2 to 84 (I've had this guy since he was a 77 - love it B))

Moussa Kone +2 to 80

Luca Antei +1 to 78

Beauuuutiful :D

This league seems busy to be fair so I joined Darlingotn. I hope you dont mind. I'm prepared to work with the team and take some losses :D

The reports are class btw and were good to read if I'm being honest. The one below about speeding being my favourite one. Keep up the good work.

Welcome mate! Really good to see a forumer of your calibre join our setup :)

Division 5 just got a lot harder.... :(:P

yep good buy' date=' may be on his way to germany.

pulled out my bid as went for another prospect :D[/quote']

Yes i've been tracking him in RL and he could come up trumps.

I was very glad you pulled out as i don't have the financial power to battle other clubs (York City have already hijacked my bid for a little diamond!)

Tough game tonight against AFC Wimbledon away from home.. Wimbledon look a strong side at home, unbeaten in all of their friendlies and the league game they've played at theirs, so if we get anything tonight then I think it will show we have a strong side, and should definitely be pushing for automatic promotion.

Tough game tonight against AFC Wimbledon away from home.. Wimbledon look a strong side at home' date=' unbeaten in all of their friendlies and the league game they've played at theirs, so if we get anything tonight then I think it will show we have a strong side, and should definitely be pushing for automatic promotion.[/quote']

I mean business this season mate but i swear Div 5 is getting harder every season :P

You are definitely the favourites, you've got a terrific squad!

Free Agent Kenneth OMERUO has completed his move to Crewe Alexandra for £861,000

Happy with that. He's played in ADO's last 5 games in the Eredivisie and since he's on loan from Chelsea who knows where his future lies. He's worth only 100k less than I paid so even if he flops his P/Ex value will be higher than I paid.

I mean business this season mate but i swear Div 5 is getting harder every season :P

You are definitely the favourites' date=' you've got a terrific squad![/quote']

Especially with only 1 automatic spot, it's tough!

Yeah the manager who had Wycombe before me did a great job getting some of the players in like Abdennour and Lacazette, fair play to him!

I think Forest Green Rovers are the favourites though, they've got a massive squad that's full of quality players for a Division 5 side! Only thing that will let them down is finances.. I'm struggling and I've got half the wage bill they have with double the stadium capacity!

Lost 4-2 to Arsenal after being 2-0 up,so i don't see me staying up as i haven't even got a good side.How i got promoted i don't no

Well done Ed

One positive to take is i gained 13k away from home and at Home i gain 450k :P

Sean Oneill earned a draw with Everton against Manchester United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Everton and Manchester United in their Division 1 fixture.

Torres was on the scoresheet for his side.

Two games played... two draws against both Manchester clubs... meh il take that :P

Incredible, in the lead for the whole match but Leicester score late on to make it 1-1. N'zogbia with the goal for my Huddersfield.

Mario Focsa earned a draw with Huddersfield Town against Leicester City.The match ended 1 - 1 between Huddersfield Town and Leicester City in their Division 2 fixture.N'zogbia was on the scoresheet for his side.

Two draws and one defeat out of the first three matches, horrible start of the season and I don't see myself turning this around. Next up : Another impossible test against Blackburn.

Lost 3 - 0 to WBA. The three goals came from Boateng (5), Lopez (14) and Aquilani (25). Never deserved to lose 3 - 0, but Welcome to the Premier League. Really think i may struggle this season, what with having one of the weakest sides in the league, but i am prepared to go to battle and get what results i can. :)

Lost 3 - 0 to WBA. The three goals came from Boateng (5)' date=' Lopez (14) and Aquilani (25). Never deserved to lose 3 - 0, but Welcome to the Premier League. Really think i may struggle this season, what with having one of the weakest sides in the league, but i am prepared to go to battle and get what results i can. :)[/quote']

Your not the weakest :eek:

I am for sure.

A late Ederson goal means we keep up with Newcastle (ish). We draw so it's 7 points from 3 games, but I think we slip a place or two.

Happy with the opening few games & most of the first team return on Saturday :D

I think Newcastle could run away with it mind, they've started like a house on fire...

Incredible' date=' in the lead for the whole match but Leicester score late on to make it 1-1. N'zogbia with the goal for my Huddersfield.[/quote']

It's not that incredible, is it? You were winning for 33 minutes, not the whole match. Stats fairly even too.

123_ABC was full of joy after his side thumped Cambridge 5-1 in his first game as Darlington manager. Freis (3), Weir and Cruzado all bagged goals. Evans got the consolation goal in the 78th minute for a woeful Cambridge side. I can only hope for us to continue this sort of form next week against Barrow.

9 MEN CITY DEFEAT HELPLESS WIGAN !

Manchester City 5-1 Wigan Athletic

Steven Gerrard slotted the ball home after just 6 minutes to put the manchester club ahead, Rodriguez Piscu scored a screamer just four minutes later to put wigan level, Vincent Kompany used his defensive skills to round the goalkeeper to finish in an empty net, Scott Parker's first competitive game for manchester city was very unprofessional as he kicked his marker and got a straight red card in the 38th minute of the game, David Silva bundled it over the line to put City 3-1 up, Yaya Toure hit one and rocketed it into the top corner before half time to make it 4-1 at the break, Six minutes after half time Karim Benzema got his second yellow card for touching the ball, Wigan were getting into the game a bit more when city had 9 men but still couldnt score, David Silva scored in the 83rd minute when he used his pace and forced his way in the box and then finished well to get a very strong three points on the board !!!

51% 49%

Total Shots

9 16

Shots On Target

9 7

Corners

5 8

Yellow Cards

2 0

Red Cards

Scott PARKER is now suspended for 1 game after being sent off

Parker got a straight red card but is suspended for 1 game, it should be 3 !

Karim BENZEMA is now suspended for 3 games after being sent off

Benzema got two yellow cards and is suspended for 3 games, I think it should be the other way around, By rights they should both be banned for 3 games !

Manager said: I am very happy with the win, it is very good to win by 4 goals in this league, tonight we decided leave Sergio Aguero out the team and put Gerrard back in, we made 4 changes and i think them fresh faces helped us out and we were fresher, Scotty (Parker) was somebody we brought in and i think we need to have a word with him, he cant just lash out and kick his marker its stupid and he will accept whatever punishments are required, Benzemas sending off was daft really, he shouldnt of touched the ball before they took their free kick he should of kept his hands to himself but i did think the ref was harsh on him !

Lost 3 - 0 to WBA. The three goals came from Boateng (5)' date=' Lopez (14) and Aquilani (25). Never deserved to lose 3 - 0, but Welcome to the Premier League. Really think i may struggle this season, what with having [b']one of the weakest sides in the league[/b], but i am prepared to go to battle and get what results i can. :)
Your not the weakest :eek:

I am for sure.

I didn't say i am the weakest mate, i said i was one of the weakest. Which i believe i am. :)

I didn't say i am the weakest mate' date=' i said i was one of the weakest. Which i believe i am. :)[/quote']

Oh i read it wrong :rolleyes: Well i see you staying up :P but if we both go down atleast we will have a bigger stadium in division 2 rather than having a 12k stadium like last season B)