• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Crawley Town were knocked out of the cup tonight after being beat 3-2 by Wigan Athletic. Out two goals came from Anil Gurun.g & Suele Soromon after they both came off the bench. I played my normal monday team as I wasn't to botherd but im glad i didn't get thrashed.

Back to the league action on Saturday with a home game against York City.

quite a close game by all accounts, slightly understrength from my usual second team due to injuries but the 77ov robinson & 78ov perez held there own with getting match ratings of 7 & 8 respectively

got premiership team wigan in the next round away from home

Dan James steered Middlesbrough to victory against Coventry City.

Middlesbrough beat Coventry City 1 - 0 in their English Championship Cup Round 1 fixture.

Tiote had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Chamakh was on the scoresheet for his side.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The MIGHTY Northampton have probably caused the shock of the tie by beating Man City 3-2. We're still unbeatan.

I know Ben didn't want to Man City to be on the opposing side of the shock of the season award or whatever it's called' date=' it's such a shame he didn't see the white. ;-) :P[/quote']

Great result mate, but i think i had the win of the round...knocking out the cup holders!

Forest Green Rovers have progressed to the next round of the English Championship Cup

CHELSEA 1-2 FGR

Forest Green Rovers outclassed Chelsea and beat them 2 - 1 in their English Championship Cup Round 1 fixture.

Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Suarez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Total Shots

25 23

Shots On Target

16 14

Corners

5 7

Yellow Cards

1 4

Red Cards

1 0

Put my best side out as i fancied the win here (and try to get as much gate money in the cups as possible!) and we pull off a massive shock versus a Chelsea side stilll boasting Cech , Reinartz, Ramires & Giuseppe Rossi..

Stats show we bossed the game (Possession 35%/65%) but both sides had plenty of efforts.

FGR had a great start, all the play was us in the first 20mins going by the commentary until Nolan Roux opened the scoring......

18' GOAL!! - Nolan ROUX rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle!

Chelsea had Bastos sent off after 36mins, after two foolish bookings for raising his hands and then kicking out at his marker. This gave us an advantage and it paid off in the second half when Matias Suarez struck....

54' GOAL!! - After a scramble in the box, Matías SUAREZ bundles it over the line!

Isaac Cofie levelled in between FGR's goals but we held on for a famous win....

6' BOOKED - Simone PADOIN takes out his man with his forearm and results in a yellow card

30' BOOKED - After a reckless challenge Javi MARQUEZ receives a yellow card

63' BOOKED - Burak YILMAZ receives a yellow card after violent conduct

89' BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Dirk MARCELLIS for kicking the ball away

On another note we did play with some strongarmed tactics to bully the Chelsea players, in turn collecting 4 bookings. This has resulted in a suspension for Javi Marquez.

Javi MARQUEZ is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

But we do welcome back Iturraspe from a 3 game ban & Inigo Perez from a 1 game ban.

For the next round we have drawn Notts County away from home. Definitely have a chance to get into round 3.....

Blackpool 5-2 Histon

Blackpool avoided a giant killing against unmanaged Histon. Played the reserves but still averaged a very good 87. Goals from Asamoah, Honda and Glushakov made it 3-1 at half-time. Bedimo made it four, and Honda scored his second to make it 5-2.

Handanovic (90)

Danilo (87) Kaboul (89) Sokratis (88) Bedimo (88)

Adam (89) Fernando (84)

Glushakov (88) Asamoah (90) Honda (89)

Martinez (80)

We face Colchester in the next round. Tough little tie.

Mr Active was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Northampton Town.

Manchester City slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Northampton Town in their English Championship Cup Round 1 fixture.

Brady and Matri were amongst the goalscorers.

Tbh Im gutted ! Then again I did after play two lower rated players (Lichnovsky 77 and Brady 81) I didnt want any of the first teamers to start, my team what i played is below.

383235_Manchester_City.jpg[/img]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The MIGHTY Northampton have probably caused the shock of the tie by beating Man City 3-2. We're still unbeatan.

I know Ben didn't want to Man City to be on the opposing side of the shock of the season award or whatever it's called' date=' it's such a shame he didn't see the white. ;-) :P[/quote']

Now stop there, before you make comments like you have caused the biggest shock of the tie, look at the rated teams we played, mine was 87 and yours was 88, you had the better team on so it is NOT a shock !! :o

Good win anyway MFF :D, I noticed you even changed your formation to 4-4-2 on saturday aswell as making it about 10 ratings behind what your first team is rated, im guessing you were hoping i just looked at your last fixture ahh :P, Well I didnt, I just didnt counter it correctly. ;)

I play Chelsea in the shield next week, I wont be taking that seriously either, finishing as high as possible in the division is my priority, I want European football now that im a gold member ! :D

Had to resort to desperate measures and play a 3-5-2 to beat Brentford 2-0 at home :o We're up to 3rd now with a pretty easy to to Tamworth next' date=' that we'll probably lose now that I said it's gonna be easy :D[/quote']

"Easy" Tamworth gave you a little bit of a shock there! Maybe people shouldn't be so quick to judge! I'm sure my reserve team will give the next team a good showing too ;)

Alright lads?

Aston Villa manager here for those that don't remember me.

The last couple of months I decided to take a break from the game due to a busy few months in my life and a little longer due to other things.

I've lost a handful of teams some that I've worked very hard with but I managed to keep this one by logging in once in a while.

I survived my second relegation in two seasons. (My god I have no idea how?)

7777 god must love me :P

But now I'm back full time lads and ready to make Villa a feared side again! :D

Predictions for tomorrow ! Div 1 Predictions - Turn 6

Turn 5 Results:

Chelsea 3-0 Arsenal, I said 2-1

Tottenham 1-3 Leeds, I said 1-1

Villa 2-2 Blackpool, I said 1-2

Man Utd 0-2 Shorpe, I said 2-0

Man City 1-1 Millwall, I said 3-2

Wolves 2-5 Liverpool, I said 1-1

Sunderland 2-1 Fulham, I said 0-2

West Brom 3-2 Everton, I said 0-1

Preston 1-1 Wigan, I said 2-0

West Ham 0-2 Colchester, I said 2-1

Not very good predictions haha, i only got Chelsea to win correct, my worst week by far. :o

Alright lads?

The last couple of months I decided to take a break from the game due to a busy few months in my life and a little longer due to other things.

I've lost a handful of teams some that I've worked very hard with but I managed to keep this one by logging in once in a while.

Oh, its you, that guy who finishes 17th every season and is currently sitting their again now haha :P

Glad to see you back Frozy ;)

Oh' date=' its you, that guy who finishes 17th every season and is currently sitting their again now haha :P

Glad to see you back Frozy ;)[/quote']

Yes Its indeed that poor manager who abandons his team and returns two months later that the ship's been steaded by the captain instead :o (no pun intended :P )

P.S I need a new striker (FWD) :D

Alright lads?

Couldn't be around to change your team to your 2nd team for our cup game? Inconsiderate. :(:P

Very happy with my risers this morning! :D

Javier Hervas rose from 75-83!! :D And Ruben Castro rose from 85-87!! :D

Strengthens my team a lot, but I want more depth.. shame a couple of other targets I was looking at rose before I could get money to buy them..!! I tried to sell Wesley the other day to get money but I woulda dropped below 21 apparently, so I bought 4 European risers all 70-72. I should get a bit of profit when they rise! :)

Any takers for Wesley would be nice too, cash or PEx... :)

Inter Milan/Parma Brazilian right back Cicero Jonathan Is available for Cash.. Yes Cash! the 88 Rated 26 year old is unneeded and will be available for transfer until the end of the week. He's Transfer Listed at £7.5M Offers under this are unlikely to be accepted due to his exchange value and the fact full backs are one of the harder positions to find at external.

Before anyone asks he's not available for Loan!

Very happy with my risers this morning! :D

Javier Hervas rose from 75-83!! :D And Ruben Castro rose from 85-87!! :D

Strengthens my team a lot' date=' but I want more depth.. shame a couple of other targets I was looking at rose before I could get money to buy them..!! I tried to sell Wesley the other day to get money but I woulda dropped below 21 apparently, so I bought 4 European risers all 70-72. I should get a bit of profit when they rise! :)

Any takers for Wesley would be nice too, cash or PEx... :)[/quote']

great work youve put in so far!!

FGR are worrying about the title race, teams in Div 5 are getting stronger!

good luck flogging Wesley, packed off back to brazil & now has like a 6 to 9 month layoff with injury!!

Now stop there' date=' before you make comments like you have caused the biggest shock of the tie, look at the rated teams we played, mine was 87 and yours was 88, you had the better team on so it is NOT a shock !! :o

Good win anyway MFF :D, I noticed you even changed your formation to 4-4-2 on saturday aswell as making it about 10 ratings behind what your first team is rated, im guessing you were hoping i just looked at your last fixture ahh :P, Well I didnt, I just didnt counter it correctly. ;)

I play Chelsea in the shield next week, I wont be taking that seriously either, finishing as high as possible in the division is my priority, I want European football now that im a gold member ! :D[/quote']

It was a similar rating (When we made substitutions, your team was higher rated that mine) but it's still considered as a shock as you have a bigger club than me, better players and you're in a higher division than me.

Thanks. :) Actually it was 4-4-1-1. :P C'mon, stop making excuses and admit that the superior team won! B)

Great result mate' date=' but i think i had the win of the round...knocking out the cup holders![/quote']

That's why I said 'probably' as I wasn't sure if there was a bigger shock as the cup results didn't load up. Congrats anyway. :)

Guest <klhepworth.

Andujar Coke +1 -> 87

Michu +2 -> 87

Cadamuro +5 -> 83

Very pleased! Only thing that I'm annoyed by is Robles Joel's +5, this is the third time I've sold a plauer just before a +5 in this setup, I don't know how! Panicked by trading Joel for Mendler as I knew I would fall in too debt and needed an outfield player more, hmmm.

It was a similar rating (When we made substitutions' date=' your team was higher rated that mine) but it's still considered as a shock as you have a bigger club than me, better players and you're in a higher division than me.

Thanks. :) Actually it was 4-4-1-1. :P C'mon, stop making excuses and admit that the superior team won! B)

That's why I said 'probably' as I wasn't sure if there was a bigger shock as the cup results didn't load up. Congrats anyway. :)[/quote']

Still, yours was rated higher on the night so its not classed as a shock :P, Unlucky on that one.

An when i did make subs on the 60th minute in the last half hour i scored one and you didnt, you just couldnt cope, you were hagging on like hell :D, but yeah, the higher rated side on the night won !

Blackpool 0-0 Zenit

A boring draw against Zenit, but its a point closer to qualification. Tevez is suspended for the next champions league game after 2 yellow cards.

Blackpool - 7 Points

Zenit - 4 Points

Milan - 4 Points

Atletico - 1 point

Man United tomorrow. I don't facny my chances looking at the players they have lol

Ed Moses steered Arsenal to victory against Olympiacos.

Arsenal outclassed Olympiacos and beat them 3 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Group A fixture.

Xavi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Robben and Stambouli were also amongst the goalscorers.

9pts, 3 wins from 3 and top of the group, hopefully a win in next game - away to stoke - and i should be assured of qualification allowing me to play more of the third team and rest some of the first team.