English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Crawley Town are still in the cup after beating Bradford City 1-0 away at Valley Parade. Lamnao Singto got our goal after just 4 minutes with an assist for Mustapha Carayol. Both players we later booked, resulting in a 1 man match ban for Singto. Next up in the cup we welcome Stoke City to the Broadfield.

Next league game on wednesday is against Southport at home.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Forest Green Rovers have progressed to the next round of the English Championship Shield

Jubliant scenes at The New Lawn with FGR taking another Premiership scalp in a tense 5-4 penalty shootout!!!!

Forest Green Rovers beat Liverpool 5 - 4 on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw in their English Championship Shield Round 1 fixture.

Matias Suarez was on the scoresheet twice for his side.

Only a week later another top club has fallen to Forest Green Rovers. First Chelsea were dumped out the Cup now Liverpool have exited on penalties at the hands of Manager Jack Hutchinson's side. Although FGR had more of the game (56%-44%) Liverpool really tested the FGR goalkeeper SZCZESNY with 26 shots and 18 on target.

But the 1st half was won by FGR taking a 2-1 lead in at the break.

12' GOAL!! - A long ball over the defence is superbly controlled by Matías SUAREZ who volleys past the motionless keeper!

22' GOAL!! - How did that go in?!? A terrible fumble by the keeper gifts Mauro ZARATE with an easy chance!

43' GOAL!! - Matías SUAREZ rises above the defender and glances a header inside the far post!

Matias Suarez having a fantastic first 45 mins. Szczesny comitted an early error, gifting Zarate a goal, but his head never dropped and he played a great game.

The second half was less frantic but mostly Liverpool creating. Fresh legs were sent on on 60 mins with Marquinho, Labyad & Danny Welbeck coming on to help push for a third. Unfortunately on 81 mins a goal mouth scramble lead to the leveller from MOM Alan Dzagoev...

81' GOAL!! - Alan DZAGOEV pokes the ball past the defender on the line following a goalmouth scramble! Not one for the purists but they all count!

Still tied after all the allotted regulation time, it went to the dreaded penalty shoot out. FGR held their nerve and converted all 5, with Liverpool missing to hand the minnows a famous win.

The draw for the next round was straight after the match and gave FGR another Premiership tie, away at Fulham. Should be a nice bit of gate money.

SHOCKING NIGHT AS CITY GO ALL THE WAY TO PENALTYS AND LOSE ALONG WITH ALCANTARA THIAGO GETTING A LONG TERM INJURY AND ALESSANDRO MATRI IS OUT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS !

Chelsea 1-1 Man City

(Chelsea win 4-3 On Penaltys)

Andres Iniesta rounded Joe Hart after half time to put chelsea ahead, Scott Parker equalized for Man City just four minutes later.

43% 57%

Total Shots

7 11

Shots On Target

3 4

Corners

8 6

Yellow Cards

0 2

Red Cards

0 0

Chelsea had a 93 rated side on compared to City's 90 and only just won.

Injury's

Alcantara Thiago 21,89 - Achilles Tendonitis 6 weeks - Due back 4th June, hes on 37%, we play Preston on the 6th june and then West Ham away on the 9th, expecting him be back for against the hammers, he wont be fit for preston.

Alessandro Matri 27,90 - Foot injury 12 days - Due back 5th may, hes on 76%, on the 5th and 9th may we play friendlys, our next game after that is against Spurs.

Do Chelsea ever Change their side' date=' thats what does my wick in about this game, it isn't possible in real life.[/quote']

He changed it for last weeks cup game against Forest Green Rovers and he ended up losing 1-2, perhaps he thought to himself sod it, im going name my strongest team with it being against City, last week he played Reinartz, Renan, Hubocan, F.Anderson, Cofie, Bakenga i think he pretty much changed it all for that game, probably just underestimated FGR or just risked it and hoped for the win.

nigel_adkins_2033886c.jpg

Over the Moon

Southampton Manager put his on field worries behind him, and has picked up to exceptional grades which might sneak him a 2:1 at university! :rolleyes:

In other News:

• Coloccini's injury looks serious than first thought, at least another 7 weeks on the sidelines.
  • Jos Hooiveld has already shown that he is keen to replace him and battle for the position when he is back.
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain is still unhappy, even though through more regular appearances his average rating is at a career high.
  • Jordi Alba has stated he will up his game following 9 games without an assist or a goal, at the end of last season before his injury he had 18 assists, joint top with fellow striker Eduardo.
  • Billy Sharp has stated he is just as good as Eduardo following his great debut last night. 'Expect me to score when the chance comes'
  • And Finally.... Frimpong and Afobe were so delighted at being played last night, they threw 50 DENCH Shirts into the Crowd at the end of the game

The offer for Mapou YANGA-MBIWA of Montpellier HSC from Blackpool has been accepted along with other club offers. Montpellier HSC will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

All bids accepted. Blackpools was worth £22.5 milion to Montpelier. Offered Juan (90) + Fernando (84) + £3.5mill.

Tbh the only bid I can see beating that is Burnley, bet never knoww with P/E values. What did other peoples bid come to out of interest? :)

The offer for Mapou YANGA-MBIWA of Montpellier HSC from Manchester City has been accepted along with other club offers. Montpellier HSC will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

I have bidded £20.6M for Yanga-Mbiwa, yeah thats right, over £20M for a 89 rated defender :o - I no what the competition was going to be like, so ive decided do exactly what i did to get Phil Jones.

When I bidded for Jones I offered £16m which was the maximum i could offer and £20.6m was the max I could offer for Yanga.

I could of offered a couple of Mil plus Brama for Yanga but with P/E the max I could offer was about £18.3-£18.6m so i thought i would offer all my cash and just keep Brama cause that £2.3m in p.e could decide who gets him, personally im not that confident at all cause the smaller teams seem to be able give better offers etc so it could go anyway.

Theres about 11 more clubs along with myself who have bidded so its anybody's guess, people will find out before dinner.

1) Man City = £20.6M

2) Blackpool = £3.3M + Juan + Fernando

3) Man Utd = £850K + Kjaer + Agudelo

4) Spurs = £8M + Kleber + Long

5) Liverpool = £16M

6) Hull = Amorebieta + Antonio Lopez

7) Burnley = £6M + Juan Bernat + Patricio

8) Wolves = £10M + Onuoha

9) Leeds = £8.1M + C.Jonathan + Garbutt

10) Everton = £5.6M + R.Alex

11) Doncaster = Schulz + Chyzhov

Its difficult to say which offer is best, I think Burnley's is up their with the best ! I think Blackpool's is better than United's in p.e and i think it will sneak over my offer in p.e, Tottenham's seems like its a good one, Liverpool wont get him for certain, I dont think Hull will, Dont think Wolves will, Leed's havent got that bad of an offer in, Dont think everton or doncaster will get him.

Chance IMO:

Burnley

Spurs

Blackpool

Its one of them 3 ! :P, Burnley's i think.

Well, after season after season of apathy I've finally started to get things moving at Barrow:

Hiram MIER has completed his move to Tigres from Barrow AFC for 6,270,000

Joe CORONA has completed his move to Chivas de Guadalajara from Barrow AFC for 4,521,700

Néstor ARAUJO has completed his move to Club Tijuana from Barrow AFC for 5,531,100

With other recent transfers that gives little Barrow some 26+M in the coffers :)

The money's been well spent already:

The offer for Jack CORK of Internazionale from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Claudio PEREZ of Belgrano from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Vicente IBORRA of Sevilla from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Viktor CLAESSON of IF Elfsborg from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The deal reported to be worth 45,000 involving David ESTRADA of Seattle Sounders and Kidderminster Harriers has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Seattle Sounders will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for David ESTRADA of Seattle Sounders from Barrow AFC has been accepted along with other club offers. Seattle Sounders will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Nick DELEON of D.C. United from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Rafael BACA of San Jose Earthquakes from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Dong-Woo KIM of FC Seoul from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Yutaka YOSHIDA of Ventforet Kofu from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jung-Jin SEO of Jeonbuk Motors from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Leocisio SAMI of Maritimo from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Ørjan HOPEN of Sogndal from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Razak NUHU of Stromsgodset IF from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Thomas BENDIKSEN of Rangers from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Free Agent Alex PEARCE from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jonas SVENSSON of Rosenborg BK from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Kostas MITROGLOU of Olympiacos from Barrow AFC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Take note if you want some cheap risers for elsewhere ;)

Particularly pleased with the surely soon to be Premiership players Jack Cork and Alex Pearce along with Greek goal machine Kostas Mitroglu :D

All bids accepted. Blackpools was worth £22.5 milion to Montpelier. Offered Juan (90) + Fernando (84) + £3.5mill.

Tbh the only bid I can see beating that is Burnley' date=' bet never knoww with P/E values. What did other peoples bid come to out of interest? :)[/quote']

Mine was roughly the same, somewhere in the vicinity of £22.5

Hereford beat orient in the cup, for the 2nd week in a row.

this time the defence do a superb job and a 0-0 draw was followed by penalties in which we were successful.

for the 2nd time we were up against their first team and our reward is a home tie against west ham, cant wait.

on saturday, we drew again, this time 1-1 at southend, which leaves us in 8th place and a home game tomorrow against leaders yeovil.

The offer for Antonio LUNA of Sevilla from Reading has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The price for a new backup left back is my second choice keeper Laurent Hinkinet + £924,000.

Gives me cover I desperately needed at left back following Muniesa's position change.

Pleased I could get a half decent youngster with future chances to rise as well :)

Well' date=' after season after season of apathy I've finally started to get things moving at Barrow:

With other recent transfers that gives little Barrow some 26+M in the coffers :)

The money's been well spent already:

Take note if you want some cheap risers for elsewhere ;)

Particularly pleased with the surely soon to be Premiership players Jack Cork and Alex Pearce along with Greek goal machine Kostas Mitroglu :D[/quote']

some good spending there....

Blackpool 2-0 Atletico Madrid

Second half goals from Podolski and Meireles mean that Blacpool are pretty much qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. 6 points above Zenit with 2 games remaining, aswell as a much better GD. A win against Milan in the next game will see us through as group winners.

Last seasons Champions Wolves tomorrow.

After a expected 2-1 loss to Manchester United last Weekend, Leeds Bounced back with another expected result this time a 5-0 win for the B team over Barnet in the Shield. We then went on to lose to Hanover in the EL tonight but thats out of my control due to not being a gold manager so won't concern myself to much with that.

We Face Champions Wolves on Wednesday night hopefully Falcao can start scoring if not then Cisse who has already nabbed quite a few goals this season if you include his 8 in the cup.

Two Transfer Targets for the coming weeks which are both realistic signings, still looking to sell Johnathan(88) had bids from Burnley and Stoke which haven't meet the mark although Stoke are still in negotiations.

Once i get the last key player in this team i can finally start building the youth team ... which i've been saying for the last season now :P

After only 1 win out of our last 5 games Manchester City make a trip to Elland Road today to face Leeds United.

Its actually the first team out two sides have met eachother and i think it will be very interesting to see how it plans out, every game is difficult for every team in this top division, could go anyway, Leeds have a fully fit squad where as Alcantara Thiago and Alessandro Matri are both injured and wont play a part for city due to the injury's they picked up at Stamford bridge on monday evening.

Just thought I would mention about Predictions aswell, I'm going stop doing them for a while now so if anybody would like to take over then feel free, main reason im stopping is because it seems to be getting too time consuming.

Last rounds prem games:

Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Chelsea, I said 2-2

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal, I said 1-2

Manchester United 2-1 Leeds United , I said 1-2

MANCHESTER CITY 1-4 Blackpool, I said 3-1

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 Shorpe United, I said 1-2

Sunderland 2-1 Millwall, I said 3-1

West Bromwich Albion 0-0 Liverpool, I said 1-1

Preston North End 0-3 Fulham, I said 0-1

West Ham United 3-2 Everton , I said 1-2

Wigan Athletic 4-4 Colchester United, I said 1-2