English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Hull City tonight defeat 2nd placed Newcastle 2-1. This comes after getting a point against table topping Crystal Palace during the week. The goals for Hull City come from Antonio Barragan and Victor Giuliano. The game was predominantly in Newcastle's favour, but I guess we have just got a bit of luck that we have missed out on for most of the season. The result lifts up to 17th in the table and hopefully we can continue our good run of form.

Next up are Bristol City.

CITY COME BACK TO GET A POINT AGAINST LIVERPOOL !

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool

Franck Ribery scored a rebound early on to put Liverpool into the lead, Lionel Messi was there when Joe Hart saved a show to follow up and put Liverpool 0-2 up on the 20 minute mark, Sergio Aguero scored a low shot from 20 yards to pull one back, Vincent Kompany got his third of the season to level up in the second half, 2-2.

49% 51%

Total Shots

25 30

Shots On Target

18 13

Corners

5 3

Yellow Cards

3 0

Red Cards

0 0

Happy enough with a point against Liverpool and it seemed like a fair result.

6 MANCHESTER CITY 23 13 38

Table not updated but we have dropped to 6th, Millwall and Sunderland won, we play Millwall next game.

Wooooow. :eek: Nice 5-2 win away at Arsenal tonight for Colchester United. Goals coming from Cristaldo x2' date=' Ibisevic x2 and Larsson (On Debut). Arsenal's goals came from Gomez and Sneijder.

Unlucky Ed.[/quote']

Cracking victory mate ! :)

Nice to see Vukojevic was man of the match with a match rating of 9.

1035.jpg 0 - 2 677.jpg

Andrea Lazzari (66)

Cleiton Xavier (79)

Back-to-back wins have seen us sneak into the final play-off spot. Xavier followed up last week's debut MOM with another one this evening. Looks to be a great signing! We dominated possession and managed to sneak a couple of goals past Buffon so I'm happy.

Division 3 is so tight now. The gap from 1st to 10th is just 8 points. I'm just hoping we keep beating the teams around us to book a place in the playoffs. Watford are up next.

Forest Green Rovers outclassed Tamworth and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Welbeck scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cris and Yilmaz were also amongst the goalscorers.

FGR back to winning ways.

Crawley Town got their first home win in a month with a thrilling 3-0 win over Hayes & Yeading. All the goals came in the 1st half with Mustapha Carayol grabbing a brace with Vanutua striker Suele Soromon bagging the first goal of the night. The 2nd half turned into a more violent affair with both Anil Gurun.g & debutant Craig Bryson both seeing red after two bookable offences, this makes it 11 sending off's in 27 league games.

Our next game is a localish derby with Eastbourne Borough visting the Broadfield Stadium on wednesday night.

Exeter throw away a 2 goal lead and end up 2-2 with unmanaged Brentford.

Not amused.

Pukki sent off on his debut suspended for 3 games.

Guardado injured out for 5 days.

But added a few players to the squad:

STARKE, Tom

BARRADA, Abdelaziz

GONZÁLEZ, Derlis

The offer for Viktor ELM of SC Heerenveen from Exeter City has been accepted.

Any interest in Lorenzo Cristig the young Inter Milan midfielder?

Kagawa completes move to Blackpool

Just hours after a great result against league leaders Tottenham, Blackpool have completed the signing of Japanese international Shinji Kagawa. The 23 year old has signed a 3 year contract with The Seasiders.

"I am very happy to join the current Champions League holders. I have spoken to Honda before joining and he said this club would be the perfect move for me, but I am disapointed not to be playing alongside him. I look forward to the challenge with Blackpool, and I am confident we can move up the table".

-Kagawa at press Confrence with Sky Sports News.

Shinji will make his Blackpool debut on Wednesday against Aston Villa.

Shinji KAGAWA has completed his move to Blackpool from Colchester United in a swap deal for Keisuke HONDA and Younès KABOUL

only league i didn't get a win in tonight, and probably the one out of all of 'em that i needed one in the most:D slightly better match stats tonight but lost out to a 17th minute penalty.

Dan James was unable to prevent a Wigan Athletic defeat to West Bromwich Albion.

Wigan Athletic slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to West Bromwich Albion in their Division 1 fixture.

HEREFORD followed up their point at chesterfield in the week, with a fine win at home to northampton.

the 4-1 win did flatter us as it was a tight game but the 3 points were welcome, up to 5th now and enjoying our brief time in the play off zone.

Sean Oneill was unable to prevent a Everton defeat to Sunderland.

Everton slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Sunderland in their Division 1 fixture.

Kaka was on the scoresheet for his side.

Sigh... SM really want me down this season :o

Another unjustified loss despite bossing the majority of stats...

The offer for Anthony ANNAN of Schalke from Southend United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A more solid player, rating wise, for the holding role. He shouldn't drop anytime soon. There have been rumours of him moving to the Premier League for the last couple of years so that wouldn't do any harm on his rating either.

The offer for Gonzalo CASTRO of Mallorca from Southend United has been accepted along with other club offers. Mallorca will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

FGR have since pulled out so he will be coming to Roots Hall sometime today. Just wanted to improve my squad so I'm not expecting him to rise. But saying that he had 2700 odd minutes for 8th placed Mallorca scoring 8 goals so he may get a plus 1;)

Just need a couple more players now to complete my team/round of transfers for another 10 weeks;)

The offer for Pablo ZABALETA of Birmingham City from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The replacement for Debuchy. Hes one rating higher than Danilo so it improves the starting XI. Straight swap for Charlie Adam who rarely plays for me. Good deal for both.

Looking to swap Bedimo (88) and Glushakov (88) for a 90 CM, or a young 89 CM.

The replacement for Debuchy. Hes one rating higher than Danilo so it improves the starting XI. Straight swap for Charlie Adam who rarely plays for me. Good deal for both.

Looking to swap Bedimo (88) and Glushakov (88) for a 90 CM' date=' or a young 89 CM.[/quote']

not too young :P But Tina Costa?

Looking to swap Bedimo (88) and Glushakov (88) for a 90 CM' date=' or a young 89 CM.[/quote']

Maybe Rakitic?

The offer for Peter LOVENKRANDS of Lyon from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Back Up players

The offer for Leandro SOMOZA of Boca Juniors from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Drop 10 years for 700k

The offer for Edson BRAAFHEID of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Drop 7 Years for 500k

The offer for Adama COULIBALY of AJ Auxerre from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Drop down 3 Years for 1.5 Million

The offer for Marc PLANUS of Bordeaux from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Down 1 Rating and 4 Years

The offer for Luke WILKSHIRE of Dynamo Moskva from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Drop two years

The offer for Jean MAKOUN of Anzhi from Milton Keynes Dons has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Gain a rating and 4 years