English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) was unable to prevent a Shorpe United defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Shorpe United slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers in their Division 1 fixture.

Had to lose eventually but well done Ryan :D

Huddersfield overcome league leaders

We managed to beat Crystal Palace 1-0. The goal came in the first minute and it was scored by our new acquisition Feghouli, who continues his great form. Table not yet updated but we should only be a few points off the play-offs.

tonight's match report

Dan James earned a draw with Wigan Athletic against Colchester United.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Wigan Athletic and Colchester United in their Division 1 fixture.

Di Natale was on the scoresheet for his side.

got a real 6 pointer coming up on saturday against everton, made all the more important by there result tonight, if i don't get something out of that match i think its goodnight vienna

Birmingham City 0-3 Norwich City

Another great win for us as we chase those automatic promotion spots! A brace from Matthew Etherington and a debut goal for Tom Huddlestone ensures another 3 points. A sour note from the game thought is that Etherington picked up an injury that'll see him sidelined for a couple of weeks :(

With Blackburn losing, we move into 3 place, and our goal difference is certainly looking very healthy. Pleased to be bagging goals on top of another clean sheet for us :)

Up next for the Canaries we host Carlisle in a game we should be looking to win to maintain our good revival of form :)

Cheers mate! Needed that win :D Good game

I can afford to lose now as I'm quite far away from relagation zone.But i want to get back to winning ways against Sunderland but it doesn't look like i will as they play the same formation as you B)

Blackpool 1-3 Manchester City

Gael Clichy scored a curler from 25 yards out midway into the first half at Bloomfield road, A dangerous corner from Lukas Podolski was headed in from Shinji Kagawa, five minutes later David Silva put City back into the lead to become the leagues fifth top goalscorer, Substitute Jake Caskey got past the blackpool defenders and put it into the corner of Samir Handanovic's net, 1-3 City.

45% 55%

Total Shots

5 16

Shots On Target

1 7

Corners

4 6

Yellow Cards

0 1

Red Cards

0 0

Going from the stats we were the better side, unlucky Maoam.

6 MANCHESTER CITY 26 13 44

Up to 6th, We are at home against Leeds next, we have only won 5 games at the Etihad this season, bad record.

Vincent KOMPANY is now suspended for 1 domestic game after picking up 5 Yellow Cards in domestic competitions

I sensed this would happen tonight, he will be a big loss to us next game, At least he will be available for the 3 big games after that against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Gael Clichy scored a curler from 25 yards out midway into the first half at Bloomfield road' date=' A dangerous corner from Lukas Podolski was headed in from Shinji Kagawa, five minutes later David Silva put City back into the lead to become the leagues fifth top goalscorer, Substitute Jake Caskey got past the blackpool defenders and put it into the corner of Samir Handanovic's net, 1-3 City.

45% [b']55%[/b]

Total Shots

5 16

Shots On Target

1 7

Corners

4 6

Yellow Cards

0 1

Red Cards

0 0

Up to 6th, We are at home against Leeds next, we have only won 5 games at the Etihad this season, bad record.

I sensed this would happen tonight, he will be a big loss to us next game, At least he will be available for the 3 big games after that against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

gg.

This season has been alot tougher than the previous two. Nice points off Europe, Seven above relegation. Pretty boring place to be :(

Kagawa scoring his first goal for the club is a plus though

685.png

IPSWICH TOWN UPDATE

Swindon Town 1 - 1 Ipswich Town

Marcell Jansen (7 pen)

Bafetimbi Gomis (70 pen)

A tale of two penalties. The only difference being that their penalty was their only shot on target in a game we dominated. D'OH! We're down to 7th now as our hokey-cokey game with the top 6 continues. Next up is Stockport who are unmanaged but have a decent team and are 3rd. If we win, we're back in the top 6 so it's all to play for.

Pos Team P GD Pts

1 Southend United 30 10 54

2 Gillingham 30 14 50

3 Stockport County 30 10 48

4 Yeovil Town 30 9 48

5 Hereford United 30 12 47

6 Wrexham 30 5 47

7 IPSWICH TOWN 30 8 46

TRANSFER NEWS

Ben GORDON has completed his move to Ipswich Town from Ajax for £1' date='060,000[/quote']

Arrives to provide cover at LB after the recent departure of Kobin. Was a regular at Kilmarnock after joining on loan from Chelsea last season.

Amit GULUZADE has completed his move to FK Qarabag from Ipswich Town for £560,000

Is likely to be a riser in a medium-long term but the cash is more important at the moment so I let him go.

Cristian MONTANO has completed his move to Medellín from Ipswich Town for £1,080,700

Doesn't seem to have been up to much IRL and £1m is pretty handy right now.

Callum MCMANAMAN has completed his move to Ipswich Town from Montpellier HSC for £1,530,000

Provides potential and depth in attack. Chairman also values him at £2.2m so if I do need to cash in then there will be profit to play with.

Daniel STEIMEL has completed his move to Eintracht Braunschweig from Ipswich Town for £367,500

Appears to be on the fringe of Bayern's B Team and at 20 years old, I can't imagine he'll ever be a world beater so I've cash in again.

Marco FOSSATI has completed his move to Ipswich Town from Milan for £970,000

Young midfielder who spent the season on loan in the Italian lower leagues from Milan where he scored 3 times in 23 appearances. Will keep my eye on him to see how he's developing before deciding if he's a keeper.

FGR grab a nice away win versus Oldham..

Konko and Burak Yilmaz grab the goals....

open up the 4 point gap again after York lose surprisingly to Barrow...

Brought in a few Chinese players, expecting decent rises from Peng Lu & Yu Dabao as they are China Internationals...

Sunderland bounce back to winning ways after getting tonked by Liverpool.

Won 3-2 away at Millwall,who are normally a bogey team for me so got to pleased.

Up to fifth with the top tightning up a bit,glad we got the win.

Rui PATRICIO has completed his move to Southend United from Montpellier HSC in a swap deal for Ashley WILLIAMS and Timo GEBHART . All other offers were turned down.

Not a bad signing. Brentford didn't have enough funds to complete the deal, so he joined Southend instead.

Gael Clichy scored a curler from 25 yards out midway into the first half at Bloomfield road' date=' A dangerous corner from Lukas Podolski was headed in from Shinji Kagawa, five minutes later David Silva put City back into the lead to become the leagues fifth top goalscorer, Substitute Jake Caskey got past the blackpool defenders and put it into the corner of Samir Handanovic's net, 1-3 City.

45% [b']55%[/b]

Total Shots

5 16

Shots On Target

1 7

Corners

4 6

Yellow Cards

0 1

Red Cards

0 0

Tell you what Ben if you come out of those games with 9 points+ you might very well win the league.Tough run of games though:)