English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Im at home against Leeds tonight.

Theres 5 changes to the City side what won at Blackpool:

Full backs Castro and Radu both lose their places, forwards Benzema and Matri arnt on the team sheet either along with the suspended Vincent Kompany.

The 5 players who come in for them havent yet been confirmed.

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) earned a draw with Shorpe United against Sunderland.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Shorpe United and Sunderland in their Division 1 fixture.

Rudy scored the only goal for Shorpe United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Well played Hogg :D

Manchester City 2-3 Leeds United

Papiss Cisse shot from an acute angle got a deflection on to it and sneaked into the back of the net, Ibrahim Afellay finished with ease to double their advantage, just after the hour David Silva pulled us one back when he slammed a low shot past the leeds keeper, after a terrible back pass fell short Sergio Aguero ran onto it and put City level, Marco Reus later rifled a right foot shot in off the woodwork to get the winner, 2-3 Leeds.

By the looks of other results, I stay 6th which is good enough considering I lost.

Really need improve at the Etihad !

Blackpool 2-0 Wolves

Copied there formation :D Couldnt think of a formation to counter it. Podolski opened the scoring in the 27th minute, Carlos Tevez doubled the lead just after the break.

Move up a place into 13th with 34 points.

Some more good news for the Blackpool fans with the news that Lukas Podolski has commited his future to the club. His current contract runs out at the end of the season, and many fans beleived the German Internaional would leave on a free transfer.

"I have enjoyed every moment since join Blackpool. The club showed alot of ambition to bring me here, and I want to repay there efforts for many seasons to come".

Lukas Podolski has put pen to paper and signed a new 5 season contract.

Norwich City 2-2 Carlisle United

Got so used to winning now, that I'm gutted to draw this game. Needed to get a really good winning run going to catch the top 2 and we are held by a mid table side. It was an even game though in fairness, and on the face of the stats a point each is fair enough.

But with Blackburn smashing QPR, we now fall back to 4th, fortunately the other sides below us either lost or drew, so it could have been a lot worse

685.png

IPSWICH TOWN UPDATE

Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Stockport County

Martin Demichelis (40)

Cleiton Xavier (55)

Athough we drop down a place and out of the play-offs into 7th, I'm pretty pleased with the result. Stockport were in the top two before the game so these are the games we need to steal points from. Stats suggest that it was an evenly matched game so a draw looks more than fair.

Anyone want Ewerton (86 rated CB) on loan?

Hes currently on loan at Stevenage but they have been unmanaged for a few days. I will recall him if another manager wants him. Might be handy with 3 games a week starting soon.

Charlton Athletic 1-6 Gillingham

Finn Turnbull steered Gillingham to victory against Charlton Athletic.

Gillingham outclassed Charlton Athletic and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Rodrigo was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lima was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Rodrigo scored a hatrick in 3 minutes - on the 8th, 9th and 10th minute. :D

Belhanda provided a nice 5 assists too.

And we're still in second place.

The offer for Lopes FELIPE of Wolfsburg from Crewe Alexandra has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Sold Gareth McAualey (32 year old CB, rated 86) for £5.5m and have replaced him with Wolfsburg's Lopes Felipe (24 year old CB, rated 86) for £4.3m.

Nice little deal for me as I have a much younger player of the same rating to my original player plus a nice £1.2m to play around with should I choose to.

fuming with a 0-1 home defeat against Barnet...

tried to be clever with counter tactics, duno why i didnt stick with the same old same old but i didnt want to slip up against a formation i havent come up against before...didnt work at all.... stats showed an odd game, they had more possession but just 1 shot which they scored, whilst we had 15 on target....so what i gather the match game kinda showed they maybe knocked it around the back and midfield, and scored a lucky strike....

50' GOAL!! - A spectacular long range shot by Maxime LESTIENNE flies into the top corner!

we had Roux sent off after 37mins so misses the next game away to Newport.

I am becoming more and more anxious we are going to blow it again for the second time. York are just hanging on, and i cant afford to not get promoted. all very well having the best side in the division, just being let down by the match engine...

The offer for Dimitri FOULQUIER of Rennes from Shorpe United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Heard good things about him so worth a shot :P

Plus 372k isn't alot to pay when you have 8.9mil from revenue :D

Everton 4 - 1 Sheffield United

Played badly. Hey ho. It was nice to get to a final.

Everton have won the English Championship Cup!

Woo :P

Hard luck pal, honestly didnt expect it to be such a one sided final tbh.. if its any solace minus my Vucinic who was injured that was my strongest 11 so was really going for it.

We may be getting relegated but atleast were taking something shiny with us :D

Everton have won the English Championship Cup!

Woo :P

Hard luck pal' date=' honestly didnt expect it to be such a one sided final tbh.. if its any solace minus my Vucinic who was injured that was my strongest 11 so was really going for it.

We may be getting relegated but atleast were taking something shiny with us :D[/quote']

Congrats and well played! A well deserved win.

I think my luck just ran out. Your 1st team is scary!

Congrats and well played! A well deserved win.

I think my luck just ran out. Your 1st team is scary!

Cheers mate :) you must of got a nice payday out of it all anyways?

Try telling that to the rest of divison 1.. they make beating my first team look like childs play this season lol