English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Welcome to all new managers as this setup is starting to pick up now :D

Agreed, I've thrown a decent cash bid in for a Swindon player.

Fulham's poor season continues despite a decent 3-1 win over Colchester. With this we open up a six point cushion on the relegation spots....PHEW! Although we cannot rest here.

Rio Ferdinand is for sale for anyone who is interested. Looking for prospects.

Will also consider offers for Huntelaar and Lopez, or will sell both for a 93/94 striker.

Blackpool 4-2 Preston

Before Kick-off, Blackpool unveiled their new signing Antonio Nocerino. The fans were very happy to sign the Italian International, and he started for his debut against Preston.

Shinji Kagawa had one of his better games in his short Blackpool career, by scoring once and creating two goals. The Japanese midfielder was given a big mouthful after his second red card last week in only his fourth appearance.

Kagawa opened the scoring in the 25th minute. Captain Carlos Tevez kept up his great run of goals by making it 2-0. Agbonglahor reduced the deficate, but Podolski restored the 2 goal lead before half-time. Preston kept fighting and scored on the hour with Defore. The final goal was scored by Meireles.

Injuries to Tevez (6 days) and Asamoah (3 weeks) are slighly annoying, but should be able to cover them. 5 points off of Europe now.

Preston go down 4-2 in a very exciting game at Bloomfield Road' date=' in the Lancashire derby. Good game mate and well done :)[/quote']

Good game mate :)

FGR come out on top in a tricky away tie to a youthful Mansfield side

Forest Green Rovers outclassed Mansfield Town and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 5 fixture.

Konko had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Holebas and Welbeck were amongst the goalscorers.

cannot shake York off! have them in the 1st monday night game next week.....:eek: must win match...scary thing is Darlington keep winning to and are only 7 points back....squad depth will be vital in the run in....luckily mine aint too shabs...

Asier ILLARRAMENDI got returned so he is available for loan folks....

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Manchester City

After a cross from David Silva, Steven Gerrard headed home to put City in front, Stevie G got his second before the break when his free kick went right into the top corner of Igor Akinfeev's goal, 0-2 Spurs, Unlucky Jack. :)

Glad I put Gerrard on the free kicks, it avoids David Silva getting the points from them in the Dream Team, thats if its still running, I think Ryan has fell behind on it a bit.

City stay in 5th on GD.

Also MaoaM - 5 points off Europe ? Your 5 points off 10th place, I thought that European places were around about top 7 or top 8, Havent noticed it tho properly before, definitely not here because I havent been as high as I am this season before.

Thought this was so funny on the Gameworld news

hartlepool refurb written by joey downes.

just taken over the team and we are in debt. lookin to fully rebuild the team and add my own personall touch. check the players out got a few decent ones

Next message on the gameworld news

joey downes is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Hartlepool United....

Just the kind of managers the forum wants :D:D:D

Haha I saw that ! :D

I clicked on his newspaper article, then in the article I clicked on the link to his club and when I did it said the Job has been offered to a manager, he must of quit just as I was reading the article before I looked at the squad.

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Manchester City

After a cross from David Silva' date=' Steven Gerrard headed home to put City in front, Stevie G got his second before the break when his free kick went right into the top corner of Igor Akinfeev's goal, 0-2 Spurs, Unlucky Jack. :)[/quote']

Good game, it's getting tight at the top now :o

Good game' date=' it's getting tight at the top now :o[/quote']

Yes it is, just 4 points between 1st and 6th. :)

I took over a club a million in Debt with hardly any players' date=' bottom of the table Div 2 about to be 3 and no one will trade, but I'll stick with Coventry long term, through the good and the bad. :)[/quote']

You have got 26 players so you can sell some to external so that your back on the green.

Although putting all of your squad down as unavailable isnt really going to help you sort it out. :o

Yes it is' date=' just 4 points between 1st and 6th. :)

You have got 26 players so you can sell some to external so that your back on the green.

Although putting all of your squad down as unavailable isnt really going to help you sort it out. :o[/quote']

Top ten is definately European places.

Top 4 go champions league and down to 10th go to shield thingy:)

Loving the battle at the top,after finishing 4th last year would love to finish higher.

Thanks Ben, I'm back in the green now, only just :). Only had 22 players when I first started , did some wheeling and dealing to get to where I am now and had to sell some good players to get the numbers up. I had about 30 knock backs since my last trade, so with not much money left, I thought I'd up moral and add some security and stability to the side until next year. My season win, is just staying out of Div 3.:)

I took over a club a million in Debt with hardly any players' date=' bottom of the table Div 2 about to be 3 and no one will trade, but I'll stick with Coventry long term, through the good and the bad. :)[/quote']

welcome to the world of competitive setups! :rolleyes:

trades are so hard in 7777 as no one really wants to shift what they bought because they fought hard to get them in the first place!

my advice, rely on risers to generate cash, and pick up higher rated players when you can!

I think I have 200 k left..... lol.

Have a look at Arsenal mate, if I can i will help with overpaying for a transfer, looking at a PX that favours you or, as I've done before, buying the player of your choice from external and loaning him to you until his transfer ban is up at which point you can buy him for his decreased value or I sell him or you just keep on loan.

46410_1313934479.jpg

Robbie Brady, U21 Irish Player of the Year, Joined up with the Manchester United first team squad for the first leg of their pre-season tour in South Africa And Man U's possible Answer to their left back dilemma is available for Loan

!GET HIM NOWWWWW!

Agreed' date=' I've thrown a decent cash bid in for a Swindon player.

Fulham's poor season continues despite a decent 3-1 win over Colchester. With this we open up a six point cushion on the relegation spots....PHEW! Although we cannot rest here.

Rio Ferdinand is for sale for anyone who is interested. Looking for prospects.

Will also consider offers for Huntelaar and Lopez, or will sell both for a 93/94 striker.[/quote']

Thanks for the offer Mike,, I have accepted your bid. Thanks for your part in making this a quick and easy deal.

Swindon could only manage a draw last night, which was slightly disappointing,,, but as a bottom 4 club I guess I should be happy with any points gained....:)

I hear what you guys say about people chopping and changing clubs every 5 minutes but does anyone agree that there are too many GWs on SM now?? I am a Gold World Manager and there is a new gold championshipcreated almost every 2 weeks,,, no wonder people lose interest and drift off as soon as their results go pear shaped. Oh well,,, some great results this week,, I looked at all the divisions and the end of season run-in is really getting wound up for an exciting finish....

Hey,, I didn't realise that we have 3 games a week on this GW,,,, normally I only have 2 games scheduled,, why is that??

Mr.Hammer flakes on yet another setup....

shhhhhhhhh' date=' you'll only encourage him to take/ruin/obliterate/embarrass/disintegrate/destroy/make unplayable another of his "I'm staying for good this time and will prove my worth" club. Let this moment slip by without any kind of fan fare ;)[/size']

Welcome mate :)

in other news:

You have been awarded 51 SM Credits for unlocking an achievement(s).

View Achievements

We have achievements? Is this like Xbox now haha :P

have a look at your in game profile -> Achievements then' date=' but make sure your sitting down tho. :D[/quote']

Oooh that is snazzy. Nice to see they are giving away credits, especially as they effectively doubled the price of everything :P

Thats crazy' date='was this introduced today?[/quote']

Yeah, I think so. Not my cup o tea to be honest but I'm sure the youngsters will like it.

I checked out Goals United for those that want to know. If the Disney Club invented an online football game that would be it.

Yeah' date=' I think so. Not my cup o tea to be honest but I'm sure the youngsters will like it.

I checked out Goals United for those that want to know. If the Disney Club invented an online football game that would be it.[/quote']

Goal united looks awful.

Anyone pick the holes out of the Joe Cole Bids? I think I may well have got him. Paying over the top for him but trying to bring Liverpool current/ex/om loan players in.

On that note, anyone got any past or present Liverpool players they wanna trade with Arsenal?

Anyone pick the holes out of the Joe Cole Bids? I think I may well have got him. Paying over the top for him but trying to bring Liverpool current/ex/om loan players in.

On that note' date=' anyone got any past or present Liverpool players they wanna trade with Arsenal?[/quote']

To be honest I dont think you payed over the top for him, infact I think if you get him its a good deal for you, If you dont get him I think Norwich will, Dons stand a chance.