English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Lost 2-1 against Luton Town which isnt a bad result for me with my second team. Had to rest the first team players for the big game against Altrincham in 2 days. Dont care where I end in the play off zone as long as I get the chance to get promoted.

Blackburn 1-5 Norwich

With Rovers form being outrageous of late, form that saw them catch Newcastle and move into 2nd place I was a little worried about this game.

But what a result!

Smashed them at their place 5-1. Actually set my tactics up against theirs and I got it spot on :D

Goals came from Rodriguez, Mossoro, Reyes, Giroud and Custodio. We remain 7th in the table though after the sides above us picked up points, especially Sheff Utd who picked up a brilliant 3-0 win against leaders Palace.

Up next QPR who were stuffed 7-1 away to Birmingham. Not expecting much as the last time this happened, I was to face Barnsley and SoP showed up and ruined things :rolleyes:

Delighted!

Leicester comfortably beat Hull 3-0 at the KP Stadium, Eriksen, Aliev and Osvaldo with our goals. A crucial win as it was our first in 9 games, especially with the top two coming up in the next two games. We'll still require a fantastic run of form to get anywhere near the play-offs, but it's a start.

Massive Massive Massive win for Forest tonight against a far superior Bolton side

Finished 6-3 to Forest

Put the second team out tonight to try and rest some players

Full expected a good kicking and came away with this amazing result

Good job as well with Barnsley winning so well (Bloody Sopmeister}

How hard is it playing 3 games Sat/Mon/Wed........:eek:

AFC Bournemouth 2 - 3 MIDDLESBROUGH

A.CERCI 4

C.PIZARRO 71

B.CESAR 6

D.KUYT 20 (pen)

J.CACAU 74

It was a tight match tonight agaisnt Bournemouth , but really happy in this victory , we played very well , unfortunately the subtitute (Kuyt - Cacau ) was succesfull!

- But unfortunately Norwich won and shiffield , this mean that we mustnt make mistakes till the end of the season .... the struggle is really hard ...

I'VE ever SEEN SUCH A TIGHT STRUGGLE IN MY SM LIFE !! AMAZING !!

DIVISION 2: 7 matchs lefts !

1 Crystal Palace 39 27 77

2 Newcastle United 39 30 76

3 Blackburn Rovers 39 32 73

4 MIDDLESBROUGH 39 15 63

5 Sheffield United 39 9 62

6 Cardiff City 39 0 62

7 Norwich City 39 21 61

Musa hero for Gillingham as he scored the only goal of the game against Wrexham. :D

Very tough match that, but now we have won I'm beginning to feel more confident about promotion. OK, there are 7 games to go and 10th could finish second but I am 9 points clear at the top now, with a 14 game unbeaten streak, the last 5 of which have been victories. :D

Good win for Swindon last night, my first as their manager and the first win in 11 games. Still in the bottom 4 but a few welcome points closer to safety.

A brilliant response from Bilyaletdinov, who earlier this week reported his concerns over lack of games, but made his point in a tremendous fashion by scoring both goals.

Next game is a 6 pointer against Reading and then we face two of the top sides!!

HEREFORD's season is all but over.

a loss at home to gillingham on saturday was followed by a 0-0 last night at ipswich.

four games without a win is frustrating for us , considering we seem to be playing well enough to earn more points, 58 attempts in these four games have resulted in one goal.

still, apart from gillingham, who i think deserve the div 3 title, its been a very close & tough league to be in and an enjoyable season.

trying to fix southport is a struggle, cant do many p/e's to improve them and very little money.

if there is anyone sitting with lots of cash, a generous bid or two on their transferred listed players would go a long way to making them look more appealing to an incoming manager.

welcome to the new managers that have joined in the last couple of weeks.

HEREFORD's season is all but over.

a loss at home to gillingham on saturday was followed by a 0-0 last night at ipswich.

four games without a win is frustrating for us ' date=' considering we seem to be playing well enough to earn more points, 58 attempts in these four games have resulted in one goal.

still, apart from gillingham, who i think deserve the div 3 title, its been a very close & tough league to be in and an enjoyable season.

trying to fix southport is a struggle, cant do many p/e's to improve them and very little money.

if there is anyone sitting with lots of cash, a generous bid or two on their transferred listed players would go a long way to making them look more appealing to an incoming manager.

welcome to the new managers that have joined in the last couple of weeks.[/quote']

might have to what i did with histon, just buy a few nailed on risers and let the new manager have the funds from them after the TB bans up..

might have to what i did with histon' date=' just buy a few nailed on risers and let the new manager have the funds from them after the TB bans up..[/quote']

not sure if there are any risers to buy as i dont know what leagues are to be reviewed soon and most risers are already taken.

i have to look at buying 75/76's for about 600k so i am looking at the youngsters that will have a good p/e value.

i'll add 2 or 3 older free agents and i will get an improved first team but with so many 10k players , i cant get the depth needed , the new guy will have to do it in 10 weeks time.

if i leave money in the bank, it will get eaten up quickly as the income is very low.

we will see how we go.

Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Sheffield United

The Cup final hangover (no wins in 6!) is now well and truly over.

We now have 3 wins in a row with this great win over leaders Palace. Next up is another important match against 9th placed Plymouth. Can't really afford to lose this one.

rotherham are expecting cesar bovo to sign for us within the next 24 hours. he should boost our defence for next season. rating=88

a chance of him dropping to 87 is very likely...have to see when the serie a review rolls around! fingers crossed for ya!

Blackpool 1-2 Roma (Blackpool win 4-3 on Aggregate)

Blackpool have advanced to the Champions League Semi-Final after a tough game in Rome. Blackpool had a two goal lead from the first leg, and stretched that to three when Samuel Eto'o scored in the 50th minute. Roma scored two late goals for a nail-biting finish, but Blackpool hold on to qualify.

We face Schalke in the Semis, delighted to avoid Chelsea and Man United at this stage. So close to winning back-to-back titles :D

seeing as we have had a couple of timewasters today take on clubs and then quit after doing a bit of work with them, i suggest that guys in div 5 and 4 consider taking jobs in the top 3 divisions, when they are available, between now and the start of next season.

i think its better for the set up to have as strong top divisions as possible with managers that log in on a regular basis.

seeing as we have had a couple of timewasters today take on clubs and then quit after doing a bit of work with them' date=' i suggest that guys in div 5 and 4 consider taking jobs in the top 3 divisions, when they are available, between now and the start of next season.

i think its better for the set up to have as strong top divisions as possible with managers that log in on a regular basis.[/quote']

Actually mate i disagree with that - its more likely we can fill those clubs in the higher dividions than those lanquishing in the 4th and 5th.

Just to reiterate - buying from unmanaged is not cool.

The way to fill vacant positions? Make the thread lively and entertaining, keep the GW competative by bantering with your opposition and make a victory in ec7777 worth more tgan just three points. Do that and vacancies wont be an issue.

Man City 1-2 Wolves

David Silva put City in the lead early on, Benzema later scored but it was cancelled out for offside, Diaby then put wolves level, Gago got their second before the break, 1-2 Wolves.

Decided to copy their tactics in hope I was goin win with my side being stronger, ive seen on many occasions where weaker sides have won games when playing against teams with the same formation but I decided risk it an hope SM would actually give out a realistic result but it didnt happen. :P

Drop a place to 6th, United go above us on GD.

tonight's match report

Dan James steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Arsenal.

Wigan Athletic beat Arsenal 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Rodriguez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ibisevic and Teixeira were also amongst the goalscorers.

thats six points outta six against arsenal ;)