English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Whoop whoop, just looked at last weeks financial report and finally we are making some profit without player sales. Have now achieved 2 out of my 3 objectives, healthy bank balance and wage bill finally under control but not too hopeful that my 3rd objective of staying up in Div 3 is achievable. Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad as meatloaf once said.....

Just had a meeting with the Chairman but not too sure what he was saying as I was too distracted by his extremely gorgeous secretary. If we didn't have an important match tonight then I think I would ask her out. Wonder what the Fat Controller would think about that??? ;);):eek:

Another massive game for Norwich tonight at home to 3-5-2 loving Bournemouth.

With my history against 3-5-2 line ups, and also the fact I'm playing a practically unfit Giroud as no one seems capable of loaning a striker out, and also the fact we're in a million debt, so Giroud has to play :o

Happily take a point right now, but with how tight the league currently is, we need to win.

With my history against 3-5-2 line ups' date=' and also the fact I'm playing a practically unfit Giroud as no one seems capable of loaning a striker out, and also the fact we're in a million debt, so Giroud has to play :o

Happily take a point right now, but with how tight the league currently is, we need to win.[/quote']

guidetti or moses if that'll help you out?

With my history against 3-5-2 line ups' date=' and also the fact I'm playing a practically unfit Giroud as no one seems capable of loaning a striker out, and also the fact we're in a million debt, so Giroud has to play :o

Happily take a point right now, but with how tight the league currently is, we need to win.[/quote']

Although I dislike the ridiculous overuse of the 3-5-2, I'd much appreciate it if you could lose. I'm trying to catch you you see, and if you win it makes it all the more difficult :)

Leicester face league leaders Palace tonight at Selhurst Park. The run-in isn't too bad bar this game, so a point would do nicely.

guidetti or moses if that'll help you out?

Much appreciated :)

Although I dislike the ridiculous overuse of the 3-5-2' date=' I'd much appreciate it if you could lose. I'm trying to catch you you see, and if you win it makes it all the more difficult :)

Leicester face league leaders Palace tonight at Selhurst Park. The run-in isn't too bad bar this game, so a point would do nicely.[/quote']

Haha well I hope to disappoint you :)

Although I dislike the ridiculous overuse of the 3-5-2' date=' I'd much appreciate it if you could lose. I'm trying to catch you you see, and if you win it makes it all the more difficult :)

Leicester face league leaders Palace tonight at Selhurst Park. The run-in isn't too bad bar this game, so a point would do nicely.[/quote']

You and your Leicester lads are officially our bogey team - since winning against you in July '11 we've drawn one and lost the last three to you, including a 3-0 drubbing this season :eek:

I'm hoping fitness might play a part in ending that bad run, especially if we can get the ball to Vargas often enough to test your CB's....whoever you go with ;):D

Thank You for the loans at Barnsley Dan :D

Also sorry to the Fulham manager for sending an injured player back but I need the depth for the run in with such a small squad

no worries bud ' date=' glad to help

tonight's match report, got no idea how this happened:confused:

[/font']

Dan James steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Chelsea.

Wigan Athletic beat Chelsea 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Stindl scored both of the goals for Wigan Athletic and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

1-0 win away at Wolves tonight for my Colchester United side. A very important win for me. Keeps me inside the top four and with Man United, Man City and Milwall all losing i gained some breathing space. The only goal of the game came from Jonas from the penalty spot, atoning for his miss earlier in the game from the spot.

Good game Ryan. :)

You and your Leicester lads are officially our bogey team - since winning against you in July '11 we've drawn one and lost the last three to you' date=' including a 3-0 drubbing this season :eek:

I'm hoping fitness might play a part in ending that bad run, especially if we can get the ball to Vargas often enough to test your CB's....whoever you go with ;):D[/quote']

Like I said, bogey team :(

Clearly tactics count for more than fitness, which is fair enough but still hard to take when you played for 74 minutes with 10 men, most of your guys ended the match NMF, and my midfield 5 couldn't get the ball from your midfield 3 :mad:

Don't mind me, i'm just bitter as we're chucking it away (needless to say Blackburn and Newcastle both won tonight :rolleyes:).

Only good news is that Love will be back for the run-in :)

You and your Leicester lads are officially our bogey team - since winning against you in July '11 we've drawn one and lost the last three to you' date=' including a 3-0 drubbing this season :eek:

I'm hoping fitness might play a part in ending that bad run, especially if we can get the ball to Vargas often enough to test your CB's....whoever you go with ;):D[/quote']

Some pretty one-sided stats:

Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester

Possession

46-54

Total Shots

5-18

Shots on Target

5-14

Unlucky pal, you rested most of your team whilst mine was pretty much full strength. Keep plugging away, you've got a great chance at promotion :)

As for us, we make it three wins on the bounce tonight, Bystrov and Enoh with the all important goals. Erding got himself sent off so will miss 3 of the last 5 games, so we'll be relying on Osvaldo to fire us into the play-offs. On the plus side, Taiwo and Hunt return from suspension, and will go straight into the team for Saturday's game against struggling Derby.

Like I said' date=' bogey team :(

Clearly tactics count for more than fitness, which is fair enough but still hard to take when you played for 74 minutes with 10 men, most of your guys ended the match NMF, and my midfield 5 couldn't get the ball from your midfield 3 :mad:

Don't mind me, i'm just bitter as we're chucking it away (needless to say Blackburn and Newcastle both won tonight :rolleyes:).

Only good news is that Love will be back for the run-in :)[/quote']

It was my striker to be fair, on the score centre all my chances seemed to be set-pieces or long range shots after Erding had gone off. There was quite a difference in ratings too, like I said that was effectively my first XI.

Some pretty one-sided stats:

Crystal Palace 0-2 Leicester

Possession

46-54

Total Shots

5-18

Shots on Target

5-14

Unlucky pal' date=' you rested most of your team whilst mine was pretty much full strength. Keep plugging away, you've got a great chance at promotion :)

As for us, we make it three wins on the bounce tonight, Bystrov and Enoh with the all important goals. Erding got himself sent off so will miss 3 of the last 5 games, so we'll be relying on Osvaldo to fire us into the play-offs. On the plus side, Taiwo and Hunt return from suspension, and will go straight into the team for Saturday's game against struggling Derby.

It was my striker to be fair, on the score centre all my chances seemed to be set-pieces or long range shots after Erding had gone off. There was quite a difference in ratings too, like I said that was effectively my first XI.[/quote']

My lot were average rating 88 v your average rating 89 and only 3 of my guys were not 100% fit which is why I hoped for better :(

Like I said, I'm just venting coz now have 1 point from the last 9 which is NOT league-winning form :o

Oddly it's since I started posting more on the thread, hmmm might need to stop that until end of season! :D

Good luck for the run-in mate and hope you make the play-offs - just hope I don't meet you there ;):)

My lot were average rating 88 v your average rating 89 and only 3 of my guys were not 100% fit which is why I hoped for better :(

Like I said' date=' I'm just venting coz now have 1 point from the last 9 which is NOT league-winning form :o

Oddly it's since I started posting more on the thread, hmmm might need to stop that until end of season! :D

Good luck for the run-in mate and hope you make the play-offs - just hope I don't meet you there ;):)[/quote']

Ah right, I just compared position for position before you watch the score centre and I think 7 of my players were better. I had to throw everything at you as I've got easier games coming up when I can hopefully rest a few players and still get a result.

Good luck yourself, and I do hope to meet you there ;) I'd like to meet anyone there tbh, it's been such an average season and it will require a fantastic finish to get there, but it's a happy camp atm with 3 wins on the bounce and no goals conceded!

WOOOO HOOOOOOO :D

Brilliant performance from Norwich tonight as we hammer Bournemouth. Dominate the game and win 2-1. Could have been more, but fortunately we did enough in front of goal.

Moses scores on debut and substitute Giroud with the 2nd. We remain 5th after Middlesbrough picked up a great win away at Hull. Still unbelievably tight, and up next a very tough game at home to Newcastle on Monday, followed by a trip to play off chasing Plymouth, it's gonna get very exciting!

WOOOO HOOOOOOO :D

Brilliant performance from Norwich tonight as we hammer Bournemouth. Dominate the game and win 2-1. Could have been more' date=' but fortunately we did enough in front of goal.

Moses scores on debut and substitute Giroud with the 2nd. We remain 5th after Middlesbrough picked up a great win away at Hull. Still unbelievably tight, and up next a very tough game at home to Newcastle on Monday, followed by a trip to play off chasing Plymouth, it's gonna get very exciting![/quote']

Damn you! ;)

Everyone won tonight so I drop to 7th with a draw.

My run in is good on paper so I'm keeping everything crossed.

For those who have seen how things have been in Division 2. I'm not sure if the Blackburn manager is on the forum, but I just want to say what a job he has done.

They are now top of the table after Palace and Newcastle were running away with the Top 2 places they have somehow reeled them in, and now they currently sit top. Brilliant.

Blackpool 4-1 Liverpool

Brilliant win at Anfield for my Blackpool, especailly with the likes of Messi and van Persie on the other side.

Fernandinho was given the captains armband due to Tevez being suspended, and the Brazilian opened the scoring in the first minute. Samuel Eto'o scored a brace to make it 3-0 at half time. The Cameroon has been in great form since his arrival, with 5 goals in 5 games. Willian added a fourth (Along with two assists). Liverpools late conselation was scored by Fernando.

Blackpool remain 10th in the league, but are currently the in-form team in Division 1, with 16 points from the last 6 games. We have also finally got our goal difference positive :D