English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Two out of two for Huddersfield

After our opening day of the season win, we manage to get a second. This time a 3-0 win at home against Burnley, goals came from new signing Samba Diakite, Andrea Poli and James Forrest. Very happy with the result as we played with a few reserves. Up next Boro.

Huddersfield Town have now won 5 games in a row after beating Burnley setting a new club record.

tonight's match report

Dan James earned a draw with Wigan Athletic against Bristol City.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Wigan Athletic and Bristol City in their Division 2 fixture.

Guilavogui was on the scoresheet for his side.

honestly thought when i logged in just i was going to get beaten tonight as i forgot to change my tactics from defensive, then thought i might of eaked it but an 85th minute penalty but a dampner on that idea

Disappointing 2-1 loss at home to Barnsley, but then I knew that before I watched the score centre. As I was on a 9 match unbeaten run, the clubs longest, if I drew or won then I'd get a message saying I'd extended it. No message today = defeat. Ah well, least I can watch the score centre again without a clue of the result.

It's 2 wins out of 2 for Hull City as tonight we defeated Plymouth Argyle 1-0. Fernando Navarro with the goal, but we stay 3rd due to the huge wins by Huddersfield and Birmingham. Next up will be a tough game against Stoke City, hopefully we can make it 3 wins from 3 games.

MIDDLESBROUGH : THE STRUGGLE IS STARTED B):cool:B)

West Ham United 0 - 2 MIDDLESBROUGH

D.KUYT 17

J.CACAU 62

I really didnt believe this victory ^^ , we arent playing at home , also we was playing with a big team which has been relegated to the 1st division ...

But we did good performance , as usual , we was more good and we won ...

Next game will be very interesting game , agaisnt the current leader Huddersfield Town

daily-mirror-logo-300x104.jpg

Mangoala!

3771116038-17022012101923.jpg

Mangala doing what he does best, holding up play

Southampton made one change for the visit to Pride Park which saw Francis Coquelin come in place for Marc Wilson, it was rumoured that Marc felt something in the pre-match warm up, so for safety manager Chris Lord decided to not risk him.

Eduardo looked lively down the left-hand wing to begin with and Mangala began to control the midfield for Southampton, he spotted a lovely run by Cristaldo who was keen to add to his two goals last time out against Northampton, he struck it, but Doni was there to push the ball onto the post and collect it and the second chance. Then around the 26th minute Derby's Sanchez made one of the most reckless and disgusting tackles I have ever seen to the ever threating Cristaldo, and the referee didn't even think, Sanchez received his marching orders. Amazingly Derby played better without him on the pitch, and five minutes later Parejo had scored for them! 1-0 to Derby, and with 10-men on the pitch! Then they almost scored a second the young Italian El-Shaarawy had it in the back of the net but it was wiped as he was offside. It ended 1-0 to the home team at the break.

The Second half begun, and it seemed the Derby manager had told his team to sit back and hold onto their 1-0 lead and attack on the counter, they only had this opportunity once in the entire game, and it was a fairly simple save for Mignolet, Southampton's keeper. Doni was on fire, saving everything Southampton had on offer, but then Derby's Greek defender tackled Ljajic on the edge of the box with a few minutes remaining, was this the chance Southampton needed? Cristaldo pushed Eduardo aside, confident he was going to go for goal, but no! He fooled the Derby defence and played a lovely through ball over the wall to Mangala! He sweetly hit it on the volley to score his first, and hopefully not last goal! They had done it, got an equaliser, surely would of felt unlucky not to walk away with anything after playing 70 minutes against 10-men. The away fans tried to encourage Southampton further but nothing happened, it ended 1-1.

Derby County 1 - 1 Southampton

D. PAREJO 26

E. MANGALA 85

Chris Lord - Southampton Manager

Happy with a point, but in these circumstances we should have had all 3, the opportunity was there, but we failed to grab it. Unbeaten start to the season continues.

stephen reilly steered Cambridge United to

victory against fierce rivals Histon in the

Cambridgeshire Derby.

Cambridge United outclassed Histon and beat

them 4 - 0 in their Division 5 fixture.

Oscar had an impressive game and was

voted Man of the Match.

Pilař, Mulumbu and Thiago were amongst the

goalscorers.

this win keeps us first and the first team should be significantly stronger for kidderminster on wednesday with the first team gk whole defence and a winger due to rise this week and we even pulled in a new record attendance.

Record crowd watches Cambridge United.

4,157 fans turned out to watch Cambridge

United against Histon breaking the previous

home record attendance

btw could someone please explain how to put the match reports and records into quote

Crawley Towns disaterous start to the campaign contiued with a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Eastbourne. My second team couldn't do a job and my changes at half time didn't help. Were still not bottom yet so it's not all bad.

Next up on Wednesday the 1st team do battle with AFC Wimbledon at KingsMeadow.

Everyone is welcome to join' date=' so much interest and the post isn't even a day old. 19 teams

1. Southampton
  2. Blackpool
  3. Man City
  4. Aston Villa
  5. West Brom
  6. Wrexham
  7. Aldershot
  8. Sunderland
  9. Cardiff
  10. Brentford
  11. Colchester
  12. Gillingham
  13. Hull City
  14. Stevenage
  15. Leeds
  16. Shorpe
  17. West Ham
  18. Blackburn
  19. Sheffield United

I'm guessing you've put me down as Stevenage coz I was the next person interested after Hull.. I'm the Wycombe manager now lol! :)

Wycombe beat Rushden & Diamonds 3-2 tonight away from home to make it 2/2. Next challenge is to win a 3rd game in a row in the league, something we didn't manage to do last season. We have our first home game of the season against Tamworth on Wednesday.

Thanks to the West Ham manager for loaning me Karim El Ahmadi! 87 rated CM to add more depth to my squad, although being in debt I might have to sell Contadeur, send back our on loan goalkeeper, Baumann, and bring in another CM.