English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

816_1351414801.jpg

Southport Football Club – Haig Avenue Revival

After 3 ½ seasons of turmoil, languishing near the bottom of Division 5, Southport Football Club has initiated a major re-building of the squad.

Through the sale of older, more expensive players, and players not contributing in their real life squads, Southport FC has eliminated its debt and significantly reduced its weekly wage bill. Returning high wage-earning loan players has also significantly reduced the weekly wage bill.

The new-look squad is made up of key first-team players from club and in most cases, country from top leagues around Europe. Currently boss Carter Hayes was happy to see a wealth of talent available even with a nearly full game world. We are expecting 1-2 more arrivals as we finalize our squad for the rest of Season 4. All arrivals have ranged from 75-80, and all with solid prospects for ratings increases during their next review.

Forwards:

29278_1290283415.jpg50315_1348914029.jpg

L. Griffiths G. Tucudean H. Seferovic D. Subotic (TBD)

The forwards will be led by Leigh Griffiths, a lethal scorer in the Scottish Premier League in 12/13, and George Tucudean, a leading goal scorer in the Romanian Liga 1 in 12/13.

Midfielders:

49922_1305502058.jpg45996_1352063076.jpg

A. Ibrahim G. Hupperts T. Okriashvili Z. Badibanga J. Kosecki

49125_1299362999.jpg45453_1326618002.jpg

P. Wszolek P. Ricardo C. Danilo G. Mackay-Steven

The midfield will be led by Tornike Okriashvili (Shakhtar) and Ziguy Badibanga (RSC Anderlecht) currently two top prospects excelling for both club and country. Danilo Campos is a pacey attacking midfielder and was scouted as one of the bright young stars in Ukraine’s Premier Liga.

Defenders:

63106_1351634468.jpg45494_1345908431.jpg

M. Lourenco V. Sasso S. Mladen C. Nica A. Tamata

20734_1291979711.jpg51770_1344931211.jpg

T. Radar A. Pazio P. Dummett T. Ogihara (TBD)

The defense will be led by the hard tackling Tamas Kadar (Roda JC Kerkrade) and Miguel Lourenco (Vitoria de Setubal) both are young internationals whose previous first team experience in the top leagues in the Netherlands and Portugal with help shore up the backline. Takahiro Ogihara (Cerezo Osaka) has been a revelation in the J. League this season

Goalkeepers:

51589_1347706931.jpg48675_1335945610.jpg

P. Rakovsky K. Lamprou

The new Southport FC goalkeepers have been reserve players until the current 12/13 season, which, due to injury, has seen both take key first-team roles in the top German and Dutch leagues.

With the new squad in place, Southport FC is setting its sights on a mid-table finish in Division 5 in the current season and the play-offs in season 5. And to all of our opponents, bring it on!! ☺

English Shield Round 4 Preview

West Brom 1-2 Aston Villa - Incorrect

_____

Chelsea 1 - 1 Aldershot Town - Incorrect

(Chelsea win 5-4 on Penalties)

_____

Blackpool 3 - 0 Bury - Correct (C'mon' date=' one goal less :rolleyes:)

____

[b']Southampton 2 - 1 Exeter City[/b] - Correct

_____

West Ham 2 - 0 Everton - Correct

_____

Port Vale 0 - 3 Hereford United - Correct

_____

Tranmere Rovers 1 - 2 Plymouth Argyle - Incorrect

_____

Arsenal 2 - 2 Leicester City - Correct

(Arsenal win 3-2 on Penalties)

No Perfect Scores :(

5/8 Correct, congratulations to all of you who got through, better luck next year to the people who go out.

I could do with trying go in a decent lead at the top' date=' might be a good chance for that on Wednesday, I play Blackburn whilst Arsenal meet Sunderland and Aston Villa have a tough game at Liverpool, saying this cause ive got Sunderland and on the last day of the season Im at Chelsea in the final 3 games.

Looking at Sunderlands schedule though they play City, Arsenal and Spurs in the final 3 games of the season so theirs is tougher.

Arsenal have got the easiest end to the seasons and Villas isnt that bad, probably a bit early for me to be saying this yet though, Blackburn could still win the league. :P[/center']

Poor old United, i know we're just a small club but how can we not even garner a mention in this post, we're only sitting one point outside the top 4 and have been the form team recently :eek::D

Poor old United' date=' i know we're just a small club but how can we not even garner a mention in this post, we're only sitting one point outside the top 4 and have been the form team recently :eek::D[/quote']

:D Love that.

Maybe Ben doesn't consider you as serious title contenders :P

Poor old United' date=' i know we're just a small club but how can we not even garner a mention in this post, we're only sitting one point outside the top 4 and have been the form team recently :eek::D[/quote']

Your my little rivals, what dya expect. :P

Not to mention Rooney and Balotelli have both been crogged. :D;):P

Sm are clearly testing me.

I think it's the 'test the greatest managers week' where they put the greatest managers under pressure to see how they cope :P:D

I lost to West Brom on penalties with nearly my first team out against 10 men, one of whom was injured, with them having scored from their only shot :o

I understand it's an inside joke from SM, so I'm just gonna put it behind me and move on ... to lift the Premierleague trophy :D

Your my little rivals' date=' what dya expect. :P

Not to mention Rooney and Balotelli have both been crogged. :D;):P[/quote']

To be fair I haven't won any silverware in 3 & 1/2 seasons so chances are I won't be in the mix, but still it cuts me deep that i'm not considered a contender;):P

To be fair I haven't won any silverware in 3 & 1/2 seasons so chances are I won't be in the mix' date=' but still it cuts me deep that i'm not considered a contender;):P[/quote']

I never noticed that you were doing alright, dont know how I skipped you. :P

An nah, I havent won anything yet in this set up, but still, think this is the year where City really show up. ;)

REFUGEE'S 'R' US

You are invited to attend the grand opening of Britains newest refugee facility at Edgar st, Hereford fc (ec7777),on December 1st at 4 pm.

Due to the attendance of several heads of state, this event will be regarded as 'high security', so please allow 50 minutes to gain entry and find your seats.

this invite is being extended beyond ec7777, so please contact Maud soon as, on 033 768793 to avoid disappointment.

All facilities around the ground will be open, 'load of bull' cafe, supporters club bar, amusement arcade & cinema, etc.

HEREFORD went to port vale in the shield last night and came away with a splendid 4-2 win.

possession again, was the key to this victory and we are in the same boat as Southampton, we are in a Q/F for the first time.

the draw has been kinder to us though, a home tie against Tranmere awaits us.

i will mix up the first and reserve teams even more so now, we are not going to let a chance of cup glory go by without giving it our best shot.

congratulations to those that have gone through, especially Aldershot, a great job is being done with them at the moment.

Some sad news to bring you from Hereford.

Charlie died during the night and now his death has led to his brother Fred being kept in hospital as well.

the pair of them have been at the club since the 1950's, first as apprentice's then both played for the first team and then worked for the club doing nearly every job going over the years.

most of you would know them from last years xmas party and the fight they had over Maud, in the muddy centre circle of the pitch.

seems as though Maud was still sha@@ing both of them and that might have been what made their hearts finally pack up.

sad day!

Blackpool 4-0 Bury

Blackpool avoided a cup shock with a compfortable win over Bury. Lukas Podolski opened the scoring inthe 17th minute. Gaitain scored a brace before half timefor 3-0. Ivan Perisic rounded off the scoring on the hour, also winning the MOM award. Kagawa also had a great game, creating all 4 goals.

Face another Div 4 side in the next round, as we travel to Aldershot Town

Cheers for the PMs etc re me sticking around, certainly not neccessary folks but well recieved all the same. :D

Arsenal are absolutley in the market folks with lots of decnet youth and a bit of cash knocking around so if you've a player thats 90+ you would deal on let me know. Looking to build two 90+ sides and reduce the squad numbers to make use of the cash from the stadium so feel free to contact me if theres anything Arsenal flavoured you would like to suckle on.

Yeah, thats right - suckle - I said it. B)

On another note, Arsenal would like to make themselves avaialble to the bottom half of Divsion 5. I'd like to help out one of the side below by setting up a feeder club situation. This will mean:-

1. Priority on loan players

2. Player purchasing assistance

3. Exclusive CV deals for nominated players

So if your in charge of one of :-

Hayes & Yeading United / Barrow / Eastbourne Borough / Crawley Town / Newport County / Rushden & Diamonds / Mansfield Town / Shrewsbury Town / Barnet / AFC Wimbledon

get in touch. Only going do this for one club, and will review that club at the end of each season.

How recent is recent me old china?

Manchester United

Played 15…..Won 11……Drawn 1……Lost 3…..For 30…..Against 24…..GD +6

Arsenal

Played 15 ….Won12…….Drawn 2……Lost 1*....For 39…..Against 19…..GD +20

Form is temporary an all that!

*Lost to you ya lucky bleeder! (classic left the first team out for the cup and had to play reserves against you trick that one)

There are no contenders' date=' what’s left of the season is merely the waiting to hand me my title. B)

To be fair I haven't won any silverware in 3 & 1/2 seasons so chances are I won't be in the mix, but still it cuts me deep that i'm not considered a contender;):P

Is there a plucky trier award? Chances are you wouldn’t win in but could be considered a contender. :P

I never noticed that you were doing alright' date=' dont know how I skipped you. :P

An nah, I havent won anything yet in this set up, but still, think this is the year where City really get shown up. ;)

Just fixed this for you. :D

In all seriousness ists all very tight at the top and could go anyway, I would def say United are going to be in and around the top come seasons end.

Cheers for the PMs etc re me sticking around' date=' certainly not neccessary folks but well recieved all the same. :D

Arsenal are absolutley in the market folks with lots of decnet youth and a bit of cash knocking around so if you've a player thats 90+ you would deal on let me know. Looking to build two 90+ sides and reduce the squad numbers to make use of the cash from the stadium so feel free to contact me if theres anything Arsenal flavoured you would like to suckle on.

Yeah, thats right - suckle - I said it. B)

On another note, Arsenal would like to make themselves avaialble to the bottom half of Divsion 5. I'd like to help out one of the side below by setting up a feeder club situation. This will mean:-

1. Priority on loan players

2. Player purchasing assistance

3. Exclusive CV deals for nominated players

So if your in charge of one of :-

Hayes & Yeading United / Barrow / Eastbourne Borough / Crawley Town / Newport County / Rushden & Diamonds / Mansfield Town / Shrewsbury Town / Barnet / AFC Wimbledon

get in touch. Only going do this for one club, and will review that club at the end of each season.[/quote']

Newport County quite happy to be Arsenal's feeder club ;)

Newport County quite happy to be Arsenal's feeder club ;)

Deal.

What do you need me old chum?

As ever loving your sig/avatar*

*So used to putting this now Zak that I figured a universal post like that could be copied and pasted and amended to suit as we move forward. That ladies bottom, positioned on that ball, makes my insides go funny.