English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Good to see the thread a bit more lively today before kick-off. :D

Blackpool have sold Luis DE LA CRUZ to Cerro Porteño on a deal believed to be around £1,222,100.

Nice bit of profit from this riser :)

Also I hope the CF your on about Goz isnt the one im going for :P

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) steered Shorpe United to victory against Sheffield United.

Shorpe United beat Sheffield United 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Matip scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Michu was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Unlucky Dan it was a even game to be honest maybe you just edge it.2 late goals for us secure the win.Draw was prob fair.

Leaves us 12th still with 24 points.5 points away from relegation :)

Notts County entertained league leaders Grimsby Town in a close fought match that eventually saw the home side pick up all 3 points with a 4-2 win.

Grimsby took the lead in the 9th minute through Boetang but County new signing Martinez made it 2 goals in 2 games in the 13th minute, the home crowd were still celebrating the equaliser when Grimsby took the lead again through Holosko, the match was coming to the end of the 1st half when Saha got the important goal to make 2-2 at HT. The 2nd half was full off chances but it was the home side that took the lead for the 1st time in the match through man of the match Lopo in the 66th minute, 5mins later Casnos had a goal ruled out for offside which would have gave County a cushion but new loan signing Miyaichi came off the bench to grab the important 4th in the 81st minute to kill off any fight back from the league leaders.

Premiership Predictions (Turn 19)

I decided to do some predictions for todays Premiership games. This is the first time i've tried something like this. I might make this a weekly thing if it goes down well (And if I get enough spare time :))

Chelsea (13th) v Manchester City (1st)

This fixture is the biggest of the weekend' date=' even with Chelsea struggling in mid table. Manchester City should be confident travelling to Stamford Bridge, as they have the best away record and most goals scored for an away side. However they will be without influential David Silva in Midfield. In a clash of the billionaires, who will come out victorious?

Prediction: Chelsea 3-2 Manchest City

Sunderland (2nd) v Tottenham Hotspur (16th)

The Champions have really struggled to recapture last seasons form, hovering just above the relegation zone. Their form has picked up recently with Alex Pato finding the net 9 times this season. Sunderland are continuing there good form of last season, and have done very well to be second in the table. Santi Cazorla has been key to them, with eight goals and five assists. Form would say Sunderland will win, however it is Spurs who have come out on top in the last four meetings.

Prediction: Sunderland 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Blackburn (8th) v Arsenal (3rd)

This is the first time these clubs have met in three seasons. Blackburn have adjusted well to the Premier League after last seasons promotion. Arsenal boast one of the strongest squads in the division, and the form of Mario Gomez will surely scare the Rovers Defence as he has 5 goals and 10 assists this season. The former Gunner Thomas Vermaelen will have a job keeping the German quiet tomorrow night. Arsenal will be without two key defenders, with Phillip Lahm injured and Thiago Silva suspended.

Prediction: Blackburn 1-3 Arsenal

Aston Villa (4th) v Wolverhampton Wanderers (7th)

The West Midlands Derby always produces goals, with 15 goals in the previous five meetings. Wolves have had the better of the Derby, winning the last four league meetings. However Villa have knocked out there rivals in the cup this season. Two of the leagues top scorers will be in action, Drogba with 13 goals for Wolves and Milito with 10 goals for Villa. The odds of a 0-0 draw are very low.

Prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Fulham (14th) Manchester United (5th)

Manchester United are the form team at the moment, with 16 points from the last six games. Rio Ferdinand and Micheal Carrick get a chance to play against there former club, and will certainyl want to get one over there former team-mates. United have been hit with many injuries so far this season, Rooney, Robinho and Balotelli will all miss the trip to Craven Cottage. With such great firepower missing, it could turn into a much tougher trip for United fans than usually expected.

Prediction: Fulham 1 v 1 Manchester United

Blackpool (6th) v West Bromich Albion (15th)

Blackpool have always had a rivalry for the Baggies after finish runner up to them in the league in season one. West Brom have the better head to head record in previous seasons, winning two out of the last three meetings. This season the Baggies have found life much more difficult in front of goal, with Luis Suarez being the top scorer with four goals. Blackpool have been the oppostite in front of goal, with Carlos Tevez and Samuel Eto'o scoring a total of 23 goals.

Prediction: Blackpool 3 v 1 Fulham

Millwall (18th) v Liverpool (9th)

Millwall had a great season in the premiership last season, this term they have had a reality check and fightin for survival. They do possess one of the best strikers around in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has already found the net six times this season. Although he will miss tomorrows game with injury. Liverpool have some great strikers to name aswell, with Robin Van Persie and Lionel Messi leading the line. Millwall managed to do the double over the red half of Merseyside last season, can they make it a shock hat-trick?

Prediction: Millwall 0 v 2 Liverpool

Shorpe United (12th) v Sheffield United (10th)

Two of the leagues smaller siders meet at Glanford Park, both have great seasons so far. Both previous meetings have ended 1-1. Sheffield United have been great in attack, with Lewandowski, Taison and Lukaku scoring 16 goals between them. Shorpe have only managed 20 goals in the league, but there success has been with a tight defence. Will the Sheffield Attack overcome the Shrope defence?

Prediction: Shorpe 1-0 Sheffield United

Preston North End (11th) v Colchester (19th)

Colchesters Champions League adventure seems to have affected there league form this season, with just sixteen points from 18 games. They also have a number of big players out tomorrow with injuries, including Prince Boateng, Mathieu, Danny, Jonas and Babel. Preston have never beaten Colchester in this setup, but will hope that Jermain Defoes good goal scoring form (8 in 17 games) will give them the three points.

Prediction: Preston North End 2-0 Colchester

Crystal Palace (17th) v Leeds United (20th)

This fixure could already be a six pointer for relegation. Crystal Palace have struggled after being promoted, but boast some great young talent like Shaqiri and Lucas. Leeds have been on a downward spiral since the depature of Duffman, and its surprising to see them struggle so much this season. Although Falcao and Reus should be able to help them avoid the drop. Two of the worse defence in the leagues, with both sides preffering to attack it could be one of the games of the day.

Prediction: Crystal Palace 2 v 3 Leeds United

That concludes my predictions. Hope people enjoy it :)

Have to say im pretty happy with my predictions. Manage to correctly predict wins for Chelsea, Leeds and Shorpe, aswell as prediction the score of Preston 2-0 Colchester :)

My Blackpool were awful tonight. Once again losing to my big rival WBA. I hate them so much lol! :P

Nicholas Fursse earned a draw with Swindon Town against Burton Albion.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Burton Albion in their Division 4 fixture.

André was on the scoresheet for his side.

Another away draw against another team that has found their form recently. Burton took an early lead but the brilliant Andre scored an equaliser. Burton could have nicked all 3 points with a second half penalty but Mirante kept his cool and saved the day. I am happy with the result, which leaves us just one point behind league leaders Grimsby....

"History has been made"

john-terry.jpgabro-1-1.jpg

League Cup - Aldershot Town eliminated Chelsea.

The Aldershot Town was the great protagonist of the English Championship Shield Round 4 in football, to fend home the world colossus Chelsea in the tiebreaker by kicks from the penalty mark.

The Aldershot town was not intimidated before a Chelsea´s side, since Tom King did not call for this match most of the starters.

After the 2-2 at 90 minutes, the home team was ultimately happy on penalties. While Aldershot Town scored 5 penalties, Riku Riski finally offered the victory to the rival.

Another away draw against another team that has found their form recently. Burton took an early lead but the brilliant Andre scored an equaliser. Burton could have nicked all 3 points with a second half penalty but Mirante kept his cool and saved the day. I am happy with the result' date=' which leaves us just one point behind league leaders Grimsby....[/quote']

Top of the table really complicated at the moment. Gotta reinforce my team to cope with the needs and pressure.

afonso matias was unable to prevent a Aldershot Town defeat to Bradford City.

Aldershot Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Bradford City in their Division 4 fixture.

Very disappointed with this result as things are getting really tight at the top of the table right now. Still, i am making a great season and pushing my aim to the playoffs. Just need to reinforce my squad and have better options in the bench i guess.

Rarely post in here as my Leyton Orient never in good position :P

We even got relegated to Division 4 and this season promotion hope is not really high even though we are just 4 points from playoff zone

I thought this season i finally get a decent team rating and depth wise' date=' something that i can't get last 3 seasons

If you are interested, i can sell everybody in my squad,either for P/E or cash deal. Names like Zaccardo,Dunne,Juhasz,Ramis,Estrada,Lemoine,Galloppa,Lee Chung Yong,Salpingidis,Odemwingie and Postiga available. Not a world beaters,but they have decent rating and will help any team that'll play them as starter. Contact me if you are interested[/quote']

you got a good point tonight versus our mob goz...

O's 1-1 FGR

looking at the stats we battered you, but after celtic barca stats are out the window.

well done in clinging on for a point!

not so well done on me picking up 2 injuries & a suspension.....dang

oh well, these it was another point. top 7 only separated by 6 points!

Cris-tastic!

Southampton win over promotion rivals Milton Keynes Dons 2-1. Transfer of the Close season in Jonathan Cristaldo yet again stole the show, getting MOtM number seven, and scoring his thirteenth goal of the season.

Eduardo Da Silva added to his Saints collection too, English favourites Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana who came off the bench provided the assists.

Tables

1 Accrington Stanley 49

2 Southampton 46

------

3 Milton Keynes Dons 45

4 Portsmouth 43

5 Bath City 42

6 Walsall 40

------

7 Queens Park Rangers 36

8 Peterborough United 36

9 Ipswich Town 34

Rick James steered Manchester United to victory against Fulham.

Manchester United beat Fulham 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Schweinsteiger scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Witsel and Welliton were also amongst the goalscorers.

Considering we're missing our 3 best strikers this is a cracking win for United, moves us into the top 4 as well:D

Chelsea 4-0 Manchester City

David Villa put the hosts ahead after three minutes of the game, the second was scored by Gonzalo Higuain, Daniele De Rossi got the third and Giuseppe Rossi got the fourth.

Sergio Aguero got his second yellow card of the game in the 85th minute, so on the game he returned from injury he got sent off, not good.

We stay top of the league by 2 goals, Sunderland are right behind us.

Niall Taylor steered Queens Park Rangers to victory against Brighton and Hove Albion.

Queens Park Rangers beat Brighton and Hove Albion 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Alcaraz scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Castro and Mauri were also amongst the goalscorers.

Up to 7th in Div 3

Picked up a fully deserved win away at Wigan. Dominated possession and left with a 1-0 win thanks to a Matthew Etherington goal. The win sees us just about hold on to those play off chasing sides.

A bit of business completed overnight...

Olivier GIROUD has completed his move to Hull City from Norwich City for £6,000,000 plus Antonio DI NATALE

The cash comes in very handy, and also Giroud is being replaced by a goal scoring machine so far this season in Di Natale. Last night he scored 4 in Hull's win and has 16 this season, so hopefully he can bring that kind of form to Carrow Road.

Hull City 5-1 Wrexham

A fantastic win for us which puts back to within 3 points of the play-offs. Antonio Di Natale, in his final game for us grabbed 4 goals, with Victor Giuliano getting the other.

The cash comes in very handy' date=' and also Giroud is being replaced by a goal scoring machine so far this season in Di Natale. Last night he scored 4 in Hull's win and has 16 this season, so hopefully he can bring that kind of form to Carrow Road.[/quote']

Pleasure doing business with you. Obviously, the amount of goals Di Natale has scored for me has been a huge reason why I find myself chasing a play-off spot so far, but I am hoping Olivier Giroud can be my next goal machine.

With me playing an in form Hereford next, it shall be interesting to see if Giroud can open his account then, after that will follow an interesting game against Norwich on Saturday.